Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Apex
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I had to replace the IR sensors for the skill shot, that went fine. Trying everything out I notice now that when the solenoid hits the 8 ball, the 8 ball hits the top of the glass on it's way to target. I dont recall this being an issue before but I'm not sure. The only two things I think it could be is either the pitch of the game needs adjusted or the pitch of the kicker got displaced during repair, but I'm not sure that's possible because of how its mounted to the motor. Before I start taking the machine down again I figured I'd see if any of you have any insight on my problem. Thank you

#2 2 years ago

Is the tip of the solenoid that hits the ball worn oddly? ...or perhaps not striking the ball dead center or slightly high? If it is low I could imagine that it might pop the ball up. I assume you have already checked the skill shot ball tray for any issues there. Is there perhaps a spacer or something that goes under the solenoid to raise it? It's been a while since I had a Cue Ball Wizard. Just trying to think of things to look at.

#3 2 years ago

Check where the plunger strikes the ball as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cue-ball-wizard-skill-shot-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.