IMG_1213[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1212[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1211[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1210[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1209[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1208[1] (resized).JPG
25D9D159-23C3-48D3-8FE5-5855D2A82163 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Hi I recently pick up a CBW, when I turn on the machine it does not boot up, only light in the backbox and some funny stuff in the display (i know that i miss a chip for the display) But my qustion is that it looks like that my plug (i think it is p6) dosent feed into the board, the plug is simply to big, so I was wondering if I have the correct board in the game. I can upload fotos later in the week, I am also looking for a manual, if anybody should have that around?
Brian

#2 6 years ago

Yes post pictures of the boatd and plug in question

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

Sorry for the delay, but I have been told that the plug on the board is not use - I stil have a wire which is not connected?
I took the U8 chip from another Gottlieb machine (wipe out). and the machine boots up, but no GI light (did check the fuses). The flipper dosent work either...

25D9D159-23C3-48D3-8FE5-5855D2A82163 (resized).jpeg25D9D159-23C3-48D3-8FE5-5855D2A82163 (resized).jpeg

#4 6 years ago

I would not expect boards/chips from Wipe Out to be compatible with CBW...

#5 6 years ago

Actually the chip belongs to CBW, I just used it in Wipeout (gal chip) U8 display driver - so this works.
My question or where I need ti directed in the right direction, Is to find out where to look for errors in the GI lightning and Flipperarms. I have one wire/connector which is not used(see picture) But I think that I need to check something else? Any advise?

#6 6 years ago

I just looked at my machine and it has the same plug end and is not connected... they may have used the same harness for multiple games... just guessing because these are both (harness and board) female connectors with male pins.

#7 6 years ago

So in reading your post you just got this machine, you probably if you haven't already go through and check all your connectors... unplug and re seat all your connectors just to be sure everything is tight and seated properly... check all your fuses with a meter, flippers have a board so check that board and it's connections. light box illumination fuse f8, play field lighting fuse f9, flippers and solenoids are fuse f7. hope that helps you.

#8 6 years ago

Thanks, I will check tomorrow.

By the way, do you know where to buy U8 chip for Display driver - the ones I purchace in Pinball center are empty - they need to be programmed.
Brian

#9 6 years ago

fuse locations and descriptions

IMG_1208[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1208[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1209[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1209[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1210[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1210[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1211[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1211[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1212[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1212[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1213[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1213[1] (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from United555:

Thanks, I will check tomorrow.
By the way, do you know where to buy U8 chip for Display driver - the ones I purchace in Pinball center are empty - they need to be programmed.
Brian

Try marcospecialties.com
you may need to contact them to be sure it's the one you need... if they don't have it I'm sure they can direct you where to find it

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11 6 years ago

I found this one on ebay lol

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#13 6 years ago

Quick Update: U8 chip bought on Ebay arrived and is working - thanks for the link!
GI works in the Backbox, but not on the playfield.
It takes the fuse F9, but if I disconcet the conector A12P1 from A12J1, it does not burn the fuse?

The flipperarms respons a bit and a extremly weak - Don't think they get enogh power

Any suggestions?

CBW (resized).JPGCBW (resized).JPG

#14 6 years ago

Even if you don't plan to do any major "ground mods", at least dismount those little PCBs with the connectors with all white wires on them (center left in your photo) and reflow the solder on the underside of each of the connectors. These are notorious for cold solders causing all sorts of issues (but not GI related).

As to weak flippers, you might try cleaning (metal point file) the Flipper End of Stroke switches (WITH POWER TURNED OFF!!!!) and make sure they are normally closed and making good contact. This is where they get their kick from. If you pull the flipper bat up by hand, and then press the button and it holds up, this usually indicates a dirty or misadjusted EOS switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cue-ball-wizard-problems?hl=united555 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.