Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jeelopy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0888[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_20170414_132152088 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I picked up a routed CBW that had good bones but needed some love. Having never owned/played the game I decided to clean and restore it for a new life. After tearing down the PF and cleaning all the mechs, I began my reassembly(my pics helped.) I decided to check that all the GI sockets/bulbs would light before I bury them under ramps etc. Good news they all did, but I have a non GI bulb on as well. As best i can figure it is not a lamp, but a solenoid fired bulb under the red plastic on the shooter playboard(right behind the 2 green target switches the Cue Ball would hit. I have no idea what causes this bulb to light. It appears it may be solenoid 19, but I'm even clumsier trying to figure out a GTB schematic as opposed to BW. Can anyone offer some direction?

IMG_20170414_132152088 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#2 2 years ago

I know you asked this question a while ago but I figured I would add my 2c anyway. I recently cleaned up a routed CBW and made some changes regarding that specific flash lamp. My original horseshoe/red plastic was melted and busted right there but I found another. The replacement one has some damage from the heat but not nearly as bad.

I found that the flasher was painfully bright (especially with the older broken red plastic) so I added a bendie red flasher from comet
(( actual LED's are mounted on a puck that has two wires which can be bent to aim the light )) and aimed it towards the playfield at about a 45 degree angle. Now the flashing doesn't blind the player and also has a cool effect by lighting up the PF when activated.

I didn't have a pic of the flasher in action but can add one if you like.
Cheers.

IMG_0888[1] (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 249.00
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside