Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181110_104650 (resized).jpg
20181110_110539 (resized).jpg
20181110_105913 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JCNP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Bought the machine new in 1992. Used it for about 4 to 5 years in the house. Working perfectly. Brought it downstairs to use in the garage for a party. Plugged it in and had this problem. Been sitting in the basement of my new house for 20 years and finally decided to do something about it. Check connections, fuses and removed button battery. Soldered new pigtail for double A battery holder. No sounds are playing. Playfield is lit. This is the different images I get on the display when I power on. The images don't change only when powering on and off . The three boards on the back panel have blinking red lights. I thought maybe seeing these images somebody might have had the problem and would lead me in the proper direction. Thanks in advance.

20181110_104650 (resized).jpg20181110_110539 (resized).jpg20181110_105913 (resized).jpg
#3 1 year ago

Yes there are the two tones at the startup. Sounds like I remember
when it was working properly. The board is not in attract mode but the lights are on steady.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from wayout440:

It sounds like the sound board might be running, but the CPU might not be. Reseating all the ribbon cables might help, but +5 logic supply can also be suspect. You really should check it with a volt meter. Do not disconnect the DMD cables with the power on!

Yes I will follow through on that and we will go from there, thanks.

2 weeks later
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from wayout440:

It sounds like the sound board might be running, but the CPU might not be. Reseating all the ribbon cables might help, but +5 logic supply can also be suspect. You really should check it with a volt meter. Do not disconnect the DMD cables with the power on!

Did check the cables. The voltage was 4.4 and adjusted the pot to 5.1. The DMD controller board has a solid light on. The CPU board has a series of fast flashes and then a slight pause could be as many as 10 12 flashes. Before we started working on it it was a slow steady Flash. The axillary soundboard has a slow steady Flash. When we were playing around with the power supply with the pot in it the Matrix got disconnected with the power on. When we plugged it back in we had no Matrix. Check the main fuses and the one that was 2.5 was blown. Put the fuse back in and did have the Matrix back but not the same display as I was showing in the pictures. I did read about not unplugging and plugging with the voltage on unfortunately when that occurred the other gentleman was pulling it and he didn't read about that . If you could when you have a chance could you check and see if the flashing lights on yours is what I'm describing. The machine is basically at the same state as it was except for the information on the screen is different. Of course open to any ideas . Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Sacramento, CA
$ 249.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 245.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 650.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JCNP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside