You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0831181713a (resized).jpg
cbwflyer2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180825_170602 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180825_170545 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yakrobat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

This is sort of a catch-all post addressing several issues and questions I have regarding my Cue Ball Wizard. This was my first machine ever and, having only had it for about 6 months, I’m a relative newbie at this whole thing.

1- My understanding of the rule set as well as my play of the Pinball Arcade version of this game indicates that a Wagon Wheel round should be lit (requiring a ramp shot to begin) any time I make a ramp shot, so long as no other Wagon Wheel round is active. This is not how my game works in that ramp shots do not light the Wagon Wheel light for the ramp, rather the game requires a corner-pocket shot or random bank shot award in order to light the ramp for Wagon Wheel round. I have exhaustively gone over the setting and performed a system-defaults reset in an attempt to make the game play in the manner I think it’s supposed to. Any ideas?

2 - The Cue Ball resting position on the fence is off-center-left (see images). This off-center position makes any horseshoe shots from the left side nearly impossible. A review of the flyer shows what appears to be a similar offset position however the Pinball Arcade version shows it centered. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this.

3 - The system sometimes (rarely) feeds two ball to the plunger, but not at the same time. It will often happen after the first ball has initially been put in play. It’s not multiball as multiball is not flashing nor has been called out and the system shuts down the flippers and indicates end-of-ball when the first of the two balls drains. It began doing this after I competed some work under the playfield related to the Side Pocket center white targets.

4 - Where can I find the serial number and date of manufacture? I know where Williams puts their stickers but, since this is my only Gottlieb, I’m not sure where to look. A fairly exhaustive search has not reveled any obvious tags or stickers so I suspect they’re missing.

Thanks for any and all help!

Yak

IMG_20180825_170545 (resized).jpgIMG_20180825_170545 (resized).jpgIMG_20180825_170602 (resized).jpgIMG_20180825_170602 (resized).jpgcbwflyer2 (resized).jpgcbwflyer2 (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

Good discussion, thanks for the reply.

With regards to the ramp lighting Wagon Wheel rounds, here's a quote from pinball.org/rules/cueballwizard.html "The ramp has to be hit once to light it for the wagon wheel award. This means after you initially plunge the ball, the ramp will be lit for the first wagon wheel award." This is exactly how the Pinball Arcade versions behaves as well.

Your description of the ramp doing nothing jibes with what I observe in my machine. Is there is an alternative/updated ROM with a different ruleset?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Getting corner pocket first is a setting in there somewhere.

I figured it out. With 3-ball, a ramp shot lights the Wagon Wheel and with 5-ball it does not.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

My ball is centered factory style

Just to clarify, is your cue ball horizontally centered on the "Spell Wizard" insert?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yakrobat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cue-ball-wizard-issues-and-questions?tu=Yakrobat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.