9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

I have a Cue Ball Wizard by Gottlieb Premier 1992, that blows skill shot fuse F27 2a sb on 3rd ball with 2 ball multiball that happens every 3rd ball. Ive replaced driver chips, filter board parts, opto sensor board and both optos, and finally upgraded to a new driver board made by Rottendog Amusements. I've researched on line and have seen forum report of a software issue that I'm not sure was ever resolved. I can't find a software version on the machine setup and the roms only have 734 and rom type marked on them. I'm in need of experienced wizard.....

#2 9 months ago

I've never had that problem myself, but have heard someone had a perfectly playing machine for a long time, and then this error cropped up with nothing changed on the machine. Doesn't sound like a software problem, and I havn't found anything to confirm there is even more than one version of CBW software.

The only other thing I found online was this:

Quoted from RampShot11:

I had the same issue when I first got my CBW, the 8 ball shooter coil (coil # 19300) started smoking and melted to the shooter assembly. It turned out the Driver board transistor was fried.
    I think it was Q10 if I remember correctly. Try to find Q10 on the driver board and see if it is fried. Anyhow, I ended driving up to Steve Young at PB Resource and purchased a new driver board for about 90 bux. So far so good with blowing a fuse once in 3 months.

#3 9 months ago

Inspect your grounds in the bottom of the cabinet. These can cause bizarre problems such as this. Much info available on line with illustrations.

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/#gnd

#4 9 months ago

thanks wayout440 , I have experienced q10 cooking on the older board and had a number of
    Buzz 72's I replaced but without luck. so I went to the new driver board with heavier duty transistors.

thanks paragon66x , Ill check out and beef up the grounds, something I haven't tried.

#5 9 months ago

Good luck, let us know when you solve it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside