5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by United555
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

Hi
    My CBW, suddenly reacts strange, first legt flippersrn was stuck, in the upright position, then I changed the coil and sleve, now the right flipper is going in the upright posisition when i turn the game on? (goes back when I turn it off again)
    What should I look for?
    Thanks

#2 5 years ago

It is definitely electrical since the bat moves back into position when you turn off the power to the game. I don't have access to schematics manual right now and I am at work. I can look into it more in a few hours when I have access to my manual. Start by checking some easy things. You had the playfield raised, so perhaps something was bumped or disturbed. Also check cabinet switches.

#3 5 years ago

Does it go back up by itself when you turn the game power on?....or do you have to start a game and use the flipper first?

#4 5 years ago

It goes up when I turn power on...

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from United555:

It goes up when I turn power on...

That means you have a dead short somewhere. One side of the coil is incoming constant DC voltage, the other is the grpund, or trigger. It could be a pinched trigger wire or a shorted driver transistor. Something is completing the circuit path to ground

#6 5 years ago

The game does not use electronic flippers.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

The game does not use electronic flippers.

If we are talking about the same game, Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard....yes, it requires electricity from wires attached to this coil. These are electronic flippers.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
    #8 5 years ago

Edit: it is only when I start a new game, this happens.

#9 5 years ago

I think he means that the flippers are not controlled via software and transistors like they are with fliptronics. Gottlieb System 3 flippers are still pretty archaic. Power is sent from a relay that’s powered up on game start, and electrically is routed pretty much the same way as they were back in the EM days.

I think the first obvious place to look is at the flipper buttons on the side of the cabinet. Make sure the contacts aren’t stuck closed, or that a solder splash isn’t making a dead short.

#10 5 years ago

Problem solved!
    It was the flipper button, the contact was stuck closed!
    Thanks for the support!
    Brian

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cue-ball-wizard-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.