Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0320 (resized).JPG
IMG_0322 (resized).JPG
IMG_0323 (resized).JPG
IMG_0324 (resized).JPG
IMG_0321 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

I recently purchased a cue ball wizard that had been sitting in a climate controlled room in a guy's house for years. The left flipper stopped working, and the game serves the ball to the left flipper so that game has been barely played since it was new. The room also did not have any windows, so all of the paint is still vivid and bright. The play field and everything else appear to still be in excellent condition.

While attempting to troubleshoot the few problems the machine had. The flipper not working, the sounds system, and a couple vertical lines in the dot matrix display this thing appears to be preserved perfectly.

What should I do, should I sell it? This seems like an exceedingly rare find, and this thing looks frozen in time. I really don't want to place something that was preserved this well over the years.

IMG_0320 (resized).JPGIMG_0320 (resized).JPGIMG_0321 (resized).JPGIMG_0321 (resized).JPGIMG_0322 (resized).JPGIMG_0322 (resized).JPGIMG_0323 (resized).JPGIMG_0323 (resized).JPGIMG_0324 (resized).JPGIMG_0324 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

If you were only closer!

#3 5 years ago

I've had m CBW for over 10 years now and it's in great shape. I've probably put more than 1600 games on my machine in the time I've owned it; I'm sure it's seen many more prior to me picking it up. For the most part however, CBW is not popular and it tends to be a very affordable DMD game as a result. I wouldn't expect too much of a premium for it and it's been lonely for so long maybe a public place where it can be played would be a good thing for this one.

Maybe bring it to the York show to show it off?

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#4 5 years ago

rkahr I'd love to bring it to a show but I would like to expand my collection a bit first. I have a covered trailer that I could actually bring a few in once I really start seriously collecting.

#5 5 years ago

One of the best non-pinhead machines out there. Something about the use of the cue balls just draws people to it. Whenever we have family over someone is almost always playing it.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Something about the use of the cue balls just draws people to it.

The cue ball is one of the things I really like about it. It's a randomizer right in the center of everything. I think it's good compared to so many games (e.g., my T2) that have the great randomizer of pinball (the pop bumpers) surrounded with a bunch of crap that only allows for one exit path. T2 isn't the worst example in that the ball sometimes is pushed through the top lanes and if you pay attention you can use those passes to increase your bonus multiplier. Maybe my BoP is a better example - only one exit from the pops on it as well.

And, you can learn to angle the "pinball to cue ball" hits just like in pool. It's certainly possible to hit the moving cue ball at an angle to push it into the jackpot scoring target.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#7 5 years ago

What should you do....start with finding the Cue ball.

#8 5 years ago

TKDalumni Haha, I was waiting for someone to notice that. I had removed the 8 ball and cue ball to work under the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
Displays
Retrocity
Displays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cue-ball-wizard-1639-plays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.