7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by red-line
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

iron-man-whole-game-playfield-detail (resized).jpg
    iron-man-right-target-bank-detail (resized).jpg
    iron-man-rear-playfield-detail (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I am making the switch to LED on my Getaway: HS2. I am getting ready to purchase the LED's for my inserts, and am a little confused on a couple of the options on cointaker's site. I swear I've searched the forum and can't find an answer!

What is the difference between the 555 super premium and the 555 2 led premium? I see the 2 LED premium has a cap on it, is it simply to disburse light better? Is it brighter? Any help is appreciated!!

Kevin

#2 7 years ago

Hmm, if you're correct about the 2 LED premiums having the cap then I'd assume the I have the super premiums because it looks like a single LED without a cap and they seem to shine nice and bright and don't put that halo looking spotlight circle through the plastics, it seems to light the whole plastic evenly if that helps any. They are the best looking bulbs in any of the games I've seen now I think as well, so I'll probably be switching the LED's out in my other games for the super premiums.

Hopefully others weigh in though because I'm not 100% positive.

#3 7 years ago

That does help! I was concerned about how the Super premiums looked, I was thinking they looked too directional and they I'd end up with half-lighted inserts. Thanks!

#4 7 years ago

I can snap a photo of Iron Man with the Cointaker Premium LED kit if you want. I'm gonna go do it anyway. Lol.

#5 7 years ago

Here's Iron Man with the Cointaker Super Premium LED kit they match / assemble. But it also gives you a good idea how those bulbs look if you map it out yourself and choose them on your own to make your own custom kit.

I took the pics with the glass on. Pics don't do it justice either. They're super crystal clear high definition looking, not a little blurred like the photos suggest. More razor sharp looking.

iron-man-rear-playfield-detail (resized).jpgiron-man-rear-playfield-detail (resized).jpg
    iron-man-right-target-bank-detail (resized).jpgiron-man-right-target-bank-detail (resized).jpg
    iron-man-whole-game-playfield-detail (resized).jpgiron-man-whole-game-playfield-detail (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

That looks badass! Thanks again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ct-super-premium-vs-2-led?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.