Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

14983676321302077961980 (resized).jpg
20161108_223817~2 (resized).jpg
SAM_1536 (resized).JPG
SAM_1537 (resized).JPG
SAM_1535 (resized).JPG
ph-6day-set1 (resized).jpg
SAM_1493 (resized).JPG
SAM_1494 (resized).JPG
SAM_1492 (resized).JPG
SAM_1491 (resized).JPG
SAM_1488 (resized).JPG
SAM_1490 (resized).JPG
SAM_1487 (resized).JPG
SAM_1477 (resized).JPG
SAM_1506 (resized).JPG
SAM_1504 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

here she is wanting to play this morning - the wrapping protects her tubes from infection - the woman Fran who takes care of her at Tufts put's different designs on it every time - she is very creative.

she has lost weight, but in the last 2 weeks she has actually been gaining a pound or two - her toxin #s haven't improved (well they used to be 20-21 and now every week they are 15-16), but her other #s are doing okay though as she used to have dialysis twice a week, and it's now down to once per week. we give her eggs and other treats that raise her #s, but improves the quality of her life as she can eat something other then the feeding tube.

she loves pizza crust so the kids are basically making pizza almost every night - she also loves toast without butter. she is very funny now as she has become spoiled. Like I said if you didn't see the wrap most people wouldn't even know she was sick.

the auction is Friday from what I understand - thanks ed

SAM_1535 (resized).JPG

SAM_1537 (resized).JPG

SAM_1536 (resized).JPG

#52 2 years ago

scary as it's only 100 plus right now - the only positive is there is a nice coke machine 4 or 5 items before it that is worth 3-5k and it only has a $25 bid - I don't like this no reserve stuff, but I did it and have to see how it does. thanks ed

#53 2 years ago

I think you will be fine, the last couple hours is where the action will be.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It sucks to have to make a decision to put down an animal that you and your family love. But the dog is not family. It is a pet. Your family is family.
It's terrible to think about, but what if your wife or one of your children comes down with a terminal disease? Even if you have good insurance, it doesn't cover everything. My brother's insurance didn't cover the experimental drugs for his wife's cancer treatment.
She died , but at least he gave it everything he had financially to try to keep his four young kids from losing their mother.
Something to think about while you spend another 90k on a dog.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think most pet owners will agree that pets ARE family...at least I think so. Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law.

#55 2 years ago

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/One-of-a-kind-1957-Chevrolet-Bel-Air-pinball-machine-209268

$4600

I always tape these and the Mecums. Been going through the usual parade of cars for Friday but didn't see this, not that I expected to on TV.

#56 2 years ago

This would not be my choice, but more to you. I hope the BJ auction works out well.

#57 2 years ago

the final price was 4600 - so the machine has a new owner at 4600 - I have no idea who it was - curious if they tell me or just mail me a check. I am okay at 4600. thanks ed

#58 2 years ago

Cool, don't worry about your kids. Hope the dog lives a long healthy life.

#59 2 years ago

the man loves his dogs like his kids & he clearly has a bigger heart than you..it's ok! go troll somewhere else! also, congrats to Ed on the sale!

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

the final price was 4600 - so the machine has a new owner at 4600 - I have no idea who it was - curious if they tell me or just mail me a check. I am okay at 4600. thanks ed

I won't pretend to understand, but it's your money - and you gotta do what is right for you.

But..

The more serious thing was the stroke...if the stress of this situation is impacting your health - you gotta take care of yourself first. You got (human) kids and grandkids, and I am sure they want you around for many years to come.

Take care.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Wow, what a douche.

Glad to hear the auction got some action in the end. Certainly more than miserable Motorcitymatt will get in his lifetime.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

Glad you are happy, that is all that matters. I have not seen you in many years, but I think I remember a yellow lab in your yard bringing me a ball. Labs are all love. My yellow Molly I feel has saved my life when times are low and as she slows I dread the inevitable. I have had a dog most of my life. I leave it in my Will that if I go before my dog they get cared for first.

You have had a few health issues over the decades. From your head injury to a fox attack. Didn't they both involve ladders? I think you need to avoid them. Take care my friend.

#63 2 years ago

Aww man. My 1 year old pup is my best friend. We need universal healthcare for pups!
Hope your pup feels better.

20161108_223817~2 (resized).jpg

#64 2 years ago

a local artist painted me this after I lost my lil pug. sure miss that lil girl and think of her just as often as I do my dad. they're family for sure

14983676321302077961980 (resized).jpg

#65 2 years ago

Parents always worry about their kids. But when they do a good job the human child usually learns to take care of itself. A dog is like a child that will never grow up. You took on the responsibility and you need to carry through until end of life. And they are usually like a child stuck in a strange phase of loyalty.

Anguish is holding your dog as it has to be put down from something like a high grade lymphoma. They have been though enough surgeries and the Vet tells you today is the best last day and it only gets worse and more painful from today. Making the decision that this is not about you anymore but them. Holding it in you arms as the Vet injects the poison. They are looking into your eyes trusting that whatever is being done to them is alright because you are there holding them. Then feeling every mussel in their body drop.

#66 2 years ago

Why bring this to a forum for attention, to ring up more customers. Effectively a go-fund-my-dog, but in a feeling kinda way, and let capitalism work itself out along the way. Nothing wrong with it, like any train wreck, you can turn away or stare.

#67 2 years ago

I brought it to attention of the forum because I wanted to make people aware of the auction in case they wanted to buy it - and hopefully if it went for $500 somebody here would have grabbed it. this is not a go fund my dog - we didn't do that and refused to do it even when we had everybody telling us to do it - I couldn't ask for money when I have things I can sell - I appreciate the way you worded this as you weren't being a wise person.

the sad part is Miley has developed a blood clot and she is spending the last few days relaxing with us at home - we had all fluids drained around the heart and tomorrow we are saying good by before there can be any suffering. in the 6 months since being sick she had only 1 or 2 bad days.

please end this thread as there is no reason for it to go on as it was about making people aware of the auction - I am an open book and maybe too much info came out here as I don't hold back. I appreciate kind words here - and really appreciate the understanding. there is no reason to continue the thread.

if anybody ever needs animal care I can't stress how good tufts in north grafton mass is - they took great care of here twice a week - she actually would strut in and jump right up on the dialysis table - she was also a hugger and would only hug the ones she loved - well she even gave Fran a hug and Fran didn't know what it was - we should have know there was something wrong because the last week she didn't want to go in. She was telling us it was time - they took xrays and the clot was found near the catheter.

Friday the whole staff came and said goodbye to her - she loved the staff and they loved her - it is truly a great place - one member is even coming by our house tomorrow to say goodbye even though it's almost an hour away. I met so many great people in the lobby the last 6 months caring for their loved ones. Anybody ever has any questions on dialysis for a animal feel free to call me - Miley's chances were very slim for her kidneys to come back - we tried and the toxin lvels got better - but never good enough for a miracle - she never suffered. please reach out if you ever have questions as I think it's easier to ask somebody who has gone through it then just the doctors.

thanks ed

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Why bring this to a forum for attention, to ring up more customers. Effectively a go-fund-my-dog, but in a feeling kinda way, and let capitalism work itself out along the way. Nothing wrong with it, like any train wreck, you can turn away or stare.

I see nothing wrong here at all. And I've complained before about other sales threads as indicating altruistic motives that were anything but true.

Ed had a pin, it is a really cool pin, he was auctioning it, some of us here might have been interested in it, and he told us what he would be using the proceeds for. I like people that share their personal stories here. Gives more a sense of who everyone is. I had a cat who became diabetic and then developed a sarcoma at the site of injections. Contemplated chemotherapy or surgical excision, but ultimately decided cost and burden to my cat did not lead to improved quality of life for him. My cat passed due to a pulmonary embolism but lived a good 6 months after initial diagnosis. Ed I have appreciated reading this thread and it's threads like this - not threads trashing some new release from stern - that keep me coming back.

#69 2 years ago

You sir are a total smuck !!!

#70 2 years ago

Edcianci... I'm so sorry to hear the latest news. All the best to you and your family. I know that is a very tough decision.

#71 2 years ago

Edcianci, I'm sorry. Losing a loved one is the worst.

Pets often become more than just a dog or cat. They are part of our families. For me, my dog is everything. I've outlived any close family.

LTG : (

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Little Shop Of Games
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside