SAM_1491 (resized).JPG
SAM_1488 (resized).JPG
SAM_1490 (resized).JPG
SAM_1487 (resized).JPG
SAM_1477 (resized).JPG
SAM_1506 (resized).JPG
SAM_1504 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I just found out that Barrett Jackson will be auctioning off a 1957 Chevy Bel Air pinball machine - I guess I should point out it's my machine. it's my custom pinball made from a satellite by Brian at Gameroom pinball. I Have owned it over 10 years and times are tough right now with medical bills. Some of you might have noticed I have been quietly selling my pins and cars. I figured I try this outlet for the 1957 chevy pinball.

so please feel free to bid - I have no idea how this is going to go - I don't even know what their fees are - I contacted them about selling some of my cars, but I thought those fees were just a little too much for me - so I then contacted them about the pinball machine. I am hoping there are 2 people who own a 1957 chevy that battle it out. of course I could get almost nothing and look like an idiot. I feel it's worth the chance. I'm hoping it goes for 5-10k.

I will post how bad it is after the auction. I don't even know what day they auction it off - I think it's Friday - I know they want me to bring it Monday or Tuesday. thanks ed

#3 6 years ago

That sucks!! Sorry to hear Ed. I will be watching the auctions on TV, I will keep a look out.

#5 6 years ago

No Reserve???? Oh no!

#6 6 years ago

yes no reserve - I'm taking a big chance - I wanted to sell a few of my cars there also - but I don't have the guts for no reserve and the fees were like 800 per car - plus 10%. I felt that was too high. I just loaded the machine in the car - I have to say even though I don't play it, it was a weird feeling knowing it won't be in its spot up in my garage.

#7 6 years ago

no turning back as i dropped the machine off today - if anybody is interested it works 100% and started life as a williams satelite.

#8 6 years ago

Great looking game
Hope it gets a lot

Vegas would have been the place for it

#9 6 years ago

I wish you all the best Ed. What an awesome looking pin. If I had the cash I would buy the pin and return the pin back to you.

#10 6 years ago

Good luck!

#11 6 years ago

GLWS
What cars do you have for sale?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I just found out that Barrett Jackson will be auctioning off a 1957 Chevy Bel Air pinball machine - I guess I should point out it's my machine. it's my custom pinball made from a satellite by Brian at Gameroom pinball. I Have owned it over 10 years and times are tough right now with medical bills. Some of you might have noticed I have been quietly selling my pins and cars. I figured I try this outlet for the 1957 chevy pinball.
so please feel free to bid - I have no idea how this is going to go - I don't even know what their fees are - I contacted them about selling some of my cars, but I thought those fees were just a little too much for me - so I then contacted them about the pinball machine. I am hoping there are 2 people who own a 1957 chevy that battle it out. of course I could get almost nothing and look like an idiot. I feel it's worth the chance. I'm hoping it goes for 5-10k.
I will post how bad it is after the auction. I don't even know what day they auction it off - I think it's Friday - I know they want me to bring it Monday or Tuesday. thanks ed

Sorry to hear about your medical bills, I hope you are now in good health! You will be in my prayers for your health and finances.

#13 6 years ago

That's scary, and I agree a big risk. It could work out, but I think you would have gotten a bigger audience on EBay with a ton of pics..., even giving up 10-13% in fees.

Then again, I have never heard of or seen a Chevy Bel Air pinball. I hope you find your buyers with deep pockets. I love those car auctions too.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Great looking game
Hope it gets a lot
Vegas would have been the place for it

Palm Beach or Scottsdale.

#15 6 years ago

More pics would help get more attention to this...

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I love those car auctions too.

I like watching them to see a nice variety of classic autos. But Barrett Jackson seems awful greedy by charging a registration fee plus a percentage of the final bid from both the buyer and the seller. They used to be no reserve only so they would be guaranteed their commissions from both ends on every car, but saw some of the top cars going to other venues that allowed a reserve. So now Barrett Jackson makes exceptions to its no reserve policy in order to draw top tier collectible cars. I hope your Bel Air pinball does well.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Sorry to hear about your medical bills, I hope you are now in good health! You will be in my prayers for your health and finances.

thanks it's not my health - it's actual one of my pups who is 4 years old - she is on dialysis and so far we have racked up close to 90k in bills to keep her with us. i take her to Tufts twice a week for treatments. i dropped her off this morning and went to Mohegan Sun from there to drop the machine off. We love our pups and hopefully i go broke because that means she is still going strong. I have to say it's very stressfull and has affected my own health. 2 weeks ago i had a mini stroke. i have already recovered which is amazing as i had speech issues for a few days. my main concern right now is my pup. we have her daughter and grandmother. well most people who have been to my house know them well. Everybody has played ball with her mom if they came to our house. her mom passed about 2 years ago at the age of 9, but her granmother is still doing well at 13. Her daughter just turn 1 las month. She is a twin.

everybody tells us to do a go fund me - but i don't think that's right if i have toys to sell. as far as cars i have sold a few and a few more are going. 1966 stang conv, 1946 merc conv, 1970 challenger conv, and a 1955 tbird conv are going to be the next few to go.

i sent them lots of pictures, but they just used the 1. i have to give them credit though as they verified everything worked on it before i left. as far as their car fees they are very high - 500-1000 just to have the car there, plus another 8-12% - they never really gave me exact #s. i didn't even ask about the pinball as i just assume it's 10 or 12%.

thanks ed

#18 6 years ago

PM sent

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

thanks it's not my health - it's actual one of my pups who is 4 years old - she is on dialysis and so far we have racked up close to 90k in bills to keep her with us. i take her to Tufts twice a week for treatments. i dropped her off this morning and went to Mohegan Sun from there to drop the machine off. We love our pups and hopefully i go broke because that means she is still going strong. I have to say it's very stressfull and has affected my own health. 2 weeks ago i had a mini stroke. i have already recovered which is amazing as i had speech issues for a few days. my main concern right now is my pup. we have her daughter and grandmother. well most people who have been to my house know them well. Everybody has played ball with her mom if they came to our house. her mom passed about 2 years ago at the age of 9, but her granmother is still doing well at 13. Her daughter just turn 1 las month. She is a twin.
everybody tells us to do a go fund me - but i don't think that's right if i have toys to sell. as far as cars i have sold a few and a few more are going. 1966 stang conv, 1946 merc conv, 1970 challenger conv, and a 1955 tbird conv are going to be the next few to go.
i sent them lots of pictures, but they just used the 1. i have to give them credit though as they verified everything worked on it before i left. as far as their car fees they are very high - 500-1000 just to have the car there, plus another 8-12% - they never really gave me exact #s. i didn't even ask about the pinball as i just assume it's 10 or 12%.
thanks ed

Sir, I salute you. That's some serious love/dedication.

#20 6 years ago

I had a few pictures ask about the challenger - here are some pictures from a few weeks ago - thanks ed

SAM_1495 (resized).JPGSAM_1495 (resized).JPG

SAM_1496 (resized).JPGSAM_1496 (resized).JPG

SAM_1497 (resized).JPGSAM_1497 (resized).JPG

SAM_1498 (resized).JPGSAM_1498 (resized).JPG

#21 6 years ago

more pictures

SAM_1499 (resized).JPGSAM_1499 (resized).JPG

SAM_1500 (resized).JPGSAM_1500 (resized).JPG

SAM_1501 (resized).JPGSAM_1501 (resized).JPG

SAM_1502 (resized).JPGSAM_1502 (resized).JPG

#22 6 years ago

a few more

SAM_1503 (resized).JPGSAM_1503 (resized).JPG

SAM_1505 (resized).JPGSAM_1505 (resized).JPG

SAM_1504 (resized).JPGSAM_1504 (resized).JPG

SAM_1506 (resized).JPGSAM_1506 (resized).JPG

#23 6 years ago

tbird and mustang

SAM_1477 (resized).JPGSAM_1477 (resized).JPG

SAM_1487 (resized).JPGSAM_1487 (resized).JPG

SAM_1490 (resized).JPGSAM_1490 (resized).JPG

SAM_1488 (resized).JPGSAM_1488 (resized).JPG

SAM_1491 (resized).JPGSAM_1491 (resized).JPG

#24 6 years ago

more pictures before I head to bed - I haven't gotten the merc out yet - this weekend hopefully. I advertised the challenger and mustang and had to pull the ads because the craigslist people were getting to me. one guy drove 8 hours and we were 500 away from a deal - then left - but he just went to get something to eat - then calls me and trys again to save the 500 and he will come all the way back. another guy came with a trailer and he still emails me or texts me any few days trying to get it a little cheaper.

anyway I learned a few things - the challenger had 1/2 quarters put on over 20 years ago, a header is leaking, and the 318 has been beefed up to a 340 - those things I did not know. it's been the same 2 owners for 20 plus years - I have it the last 8 or 9. I am looking for a high amount of 32500. it took me many years to find. I am being stubborn on the price.

mustang is 15k, tbird is 20k, 46 merc is 36k. thanks

SAM_1492 (resized).JPGSAM_1492 (resized).JPG

SAM_1494 (resized).JPGSAM_1494 (resized).JPG

SAM_1493 (resized).JPGSAM_1493 (resized).JPG

#25 6 years ago

Beautiful. What's in the Tbird? 292 or 312. I believe that's the two, anyway I have a neighbor that is a huge T bird fan and is looking for another.

#26 6 years ago

the tbird is a 292 - thanks ed

#27 6 years ago

You have spent 90k for your dog?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

You have spent 90k for your dog?

yes we have - she is family and has had kidney failure - we bring her to tufts medical in grafton mass twice a week for treatment. on tuesday she has dialysis and i drop her off. Friday she has cleansing and whatever else is needed - i stay on fridays and wait as it's usually just 2 hours. everytime i think the cost will slow down something happens and they shoot up. A good week is a little less then 1K. you can call me nuts, but if you have dogs most people understand. it's not easy and it's really hurting us financially. We have to give her a bag of fluids everyday with a needle through her skin.

She knows when we are going to do it, and because she is feeling pretty good she makes it hard and trys to hide. she doesn't eat regular food now as it has too much protein. So my wife has to take special renal food and run it throught the blender. She feeds her 3 times a day through a feeding tube. I will post a picture of her as she has a neck wrap that protect both her diaylsis tube and feeding tube. My wife does all the hard work. I just have to put fluids through the feeding tube. this all sounds bad, but when you see her you wouldn't think anything is wrong with her as she is still playing and very happy. She just doesn't have the energy she had - she has really aged.

i have friends who have tried to convince me to put her down, we try to look at it as a college bill as 4 out of 5 of my children are in the military and that helped us financially with the military paying most of the college bills. There is very little chance now her kidneys will start filtering again, so she can live as long as she can have dialysis. Unlike humans it can't go forever as once the vein collaspes that is it. there are no transfers for dogs.

thanks ed

#29 6 years ago

I have a 11 year old chocolate lab and love him to death, but when the time comes I will not let him suffer any longer and go buy another puppy.

#30 6 years ago

I have had dogs for over 20 years. I thought I was crazy when we spent 1500 to find out there was nothing we could do to treat our dog 7 years ago... I hate to say it but people wait WAY to long to let their pets go. I've done it enough times to know when to make the decision. I would not be able to justify the quality of life that is being provided to the animal. It's a very slippery slope. Do you provide an animal simple meds that cost a couple hundred bucks? Certainly... But 90K to prolong the life of an animal a very short amount of time? This seems very selfish. Just donate the 90K to a children's hospital.

#31 6 years ago

I can relate to the op. And that's why I don't have pets! I spent 2k on a stray once, and it died a month later. Great dog though.

#32 6 years ago

We adopted a dog from a website called love of labs. The person that dropped the dog to us back in November informed us the dog had heartworms. We paid the 350 for adoption fees and our first visit to the vet to start heartworm treatments was 700. It's been a long road to hope the dog would be heartworm free in one year.

#33 6 years ago

she is a 4 year old lab and her quality of life is still very good - as soon as her quality of life isn't good we will say goodbye to her. when she stops playing and stops doing dog things we will know it's time. i wish i can post videos. if anybody does facebook just go to my kids facebook pages as they have lots of stuff posted.at least i thnk they do. carter, mellisa, shawn, casey are their names. i don't think my oldest has a facebook page so i didn't list his name. thanks ed

#34 6 years ago

Unlike humans it can't go forever as once the vein collaspes that is it. there are no transfers for dogs.

With Humans it can't go forever either, trust me I know. Good Luck going forward and wishing you the fam and the pup best of luck and prayers for a miracle!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

she is a 4 year old lab and her quality of life is still very good - as soon as her quality of life isn't good we will say goodbye to her.

So you are going to spend another 100k, sell all your prize possessions, stress out over money that is affecting your health. I am sorry but your friends are correct. Wow man...wow!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

So you are going to spend another 100k, sell all your prize possessions, stress out over money that is affecting your health. I am sorry but your friends are correct. Wow man...wow!

family is more important then toys and money as far as i'm concerned - and she is family. everybody is different and not everybody would do this. it's not an easy decision. i work my a s s off and if the money i earn goes to keep her alive i am good with it. every friday when i sit in the waiting room with other pet owners i meet the nicest people. there are many people there doing the same thing we are doing - maybe not to the same degree - but they are there with the hopes their loved ones can get healthy. friday seems to be radiation day for dogs as most people with dogs are there for radiation.

when this first happen we set small goals - stay alive until our daughter came home from basic. make it through the holidays. there still is that slim chance her kidneys start funtioning again - she pees fine - it just doesn't filter out the toxins.

i have seen a bunch of three leg dogs there and i have to say i am very impressed on how a dog can get around on 3 legs. if i didn't see this i sure i would never have a 3 legged dog.

i appreciate your opinion in thinking i am nuts, but it something both my wife and i agree on right now. thanks ed

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Unlike humans it can't go forever as once the vein collaspes that is it. there are no transfers for dogs.
With Humans it can't go forever either, trust me I know. Good Luck going forward and wishing you the fam and the pup best of luck and prayers for a miracle!

thanks i am sorry you know first hand. it was explained to me they can plan in advance and put something in humans so dialysis can go on. i didn't know it wasn't forever. with a dog there is only the one vein and they say it usually last a few years.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

there are no transfers for dogs.

Not yet.

ph-6day-set1 (resized).jpgph-6day-set1 (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago

I'm with you Ed. In November of 2015 we found a lump on our dog's abdomen. Cancerous tumor, canine lymphoma, and if we did nothing, only a couple of weeks to live. Two surgeries and several months of chemo and he's still with us with no sign of recurrence. It is not curable, so we know a recurrence is coming. But, he's the active, loving dog he was before he got sick. It was worth every penny.

#40 6 years ago

I feel for you about the dog, but what I really wonder about is re-theming such a rare collectible game like Satellite. I had one and it's the only one I ever saw.

#41 6 years ago

That challenger is badass!

#42 6 years ago

I call bs, no "go fund me link" yet
http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

#43 6 years ago

I have a dog that somehow got a back injury and her back legs were pretty much paralyzed. The Vet had no solution except attempted surgery for over $5k. Instead we went to a doggy chiropractor. After a few back cracks, some massages, and some water treadmill therapy she was 95% back to normal. That was 2 years ago. She takes some pills, and has to go back to the doggy chiropractor for a back crack about every 3 months when her legs start to get lazy and walk like she's drunk, but she is still a happy dog. They do become part of the family ... kind of like your favorite pinball machines that you have to take care of and keep running and looking good.

#44 6 years ago

I don't know what this is or what you are trying to say here. i did not do a go fund me, and i do not have a gambling problem if that is what you are referring to - again i have no idea what you are trying to say. thanks ed

#45 6 years ago

That's pretty inappropriate imo

#46 6 years ago

Completely understand doing everything you can for your animals..... i spent north of 10k on my cat over 4 years. He passed last summer but we got another 4 years with him which was money well spent imo.

#47 6 years ago

It is very commendable that Ed is taking such great care of his dog in her time of need. Telling someone online what's good for their family pet/member in terms of life & death due to cost? Money isn't everything, get a grip.

Wishing you and your pooch all the best and some wonderful times to come

#48 6 years ago

Our dog Hersey (8 yrs old) jumped off the bed and collapsed.

We took him to the vet and discovered he had bone cancer that attacked his hip. That jump shattered it. The vet suggested that we amputate his leg, we did. He was on meds for 8 months. He was happy with 3 legs and so were we. He didn't make it but 8 months longer. But we loved him, as he did us. That was $17,000 well spent as far as we were concerned.

We love our pets, like our kids.

#49 6 years ago

It sucks to have to make a decision to put down an animal that you and your family love. But the dog is not family. It is a pet. Your family is family.

It's terrible to think about, but what if your wife or one of your children comes down with a terminal disease? Even if you have good insurance, it doesn't cover everything. My brother's insurance didn't cover the experimental drugs for his wife's cancer treatment.

She died , but at least he gave it everything he had financially to try to keep his four young kids from losing their mother.
Something to think about while you spend another 90k on a dog.

#50 6 years ago

When's the auction?

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ct-barrett-jackson-will-auction-a-pinball-machine/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.