vs220304-002 (resized).jpg
vs220304-001 (resized).jpg
631105F9-A147-44F7-9F13-7E9E495ADDDA (resized).jpeg
BB27FE88-23C7-4FC4-AFB8-1B5A38DD0E9A (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

I gave the black rubber surface of the centrifuge a good cleaning. CSI gets real dirty from the rubber (check you shooter lane!) and this helps alot.

I LED'd all inserts with ablaze 3's from PBL. Almost no ghosting, and what is there is negligible. GI is a mix of stuff. I think CT frosted look best, but I mainly used what I had. Used some UVs (flex and retros) towards the back for some nice effects.

Put a red flasher under the DNA lab. So when the gun fires it draws blood!

Green undercab lighting. Green translucent shooter rod.

#24 10 years ago

Swampfire re: orbits posts- disable them and apply my blue nubs and velcro squares mod! re: right orbit...play better! In all seriousness, it's very hard but totally make-able. And it advances the pops value by 1K..up to 10K. Serious points action.

RareHero: half of the thumb print on mine was rubbed out. I agree it's cool....but mine wasn't anymore. Probably from being routed awhile. I was told it was only routed a few weeks (when Mike Pupo owned it, had it in his shop), and it was also taken to the Allentown pin show one or two years...but HUO for the last few years.

pmwolf: I agree with everything you said re: solving a mystery

Bullet and Microscope Multiball are awesome. I've never finished them either. Come so close a few times...VERY gut wrenching to fail after coming close.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here's a link to TFA's thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/csi-better
Yeah, I will definitely try this. And I LOVE the blood in the test tube effect!

Thank you!

I think that CSI and SM are two games that look absolutely stunning with standard incandescent lighting. My "blues" were purple too. However, I succumbed and LED's both of them and they both look fabulous. I guess it would be nice to have the fading effect...but the LED's are quite striking.

#30 10 years ago

Is that a green DMD? If so....NNNIIICCCEEE!

Wife nixed the alternate translite for our home (young kids).

#34 10 years ago

I considered a green DMD to go with my green under cab lighting. I also considered the back alley
caution tape Powdercoat. But in all honesty, I can't put all that effort and money into a game I know I'm not keeping long term. Green DMD would be bad ass though!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh, back to gameplay ....is there any advantage to collecting more than 1 color of Evidence before starting Microscope? Let's say you're in "Blue Evidence is LIT" - after you hit a blue, it sometimes turns red or green and you can collect those too. Any advantage to doing that?

Evidence = bonus. So yes, it helps for points.

Cancel out of the DNA saucer award by hitting both flippers. Will give you a chance for right orbit. Harder for me because I put on purple flipper rubbers, and those things are lively! The only time you cannot speed up the saucer kick out is if you've activated ballistics too. That animation will play out in its entirety.

#53 10 years ago

If you activate the fuge without a ball going in, jam the ball in there while its still spinning, and it will jam even faster. A neat bonus for "missing" the original shot.

#56 10 years ago

What's the highest centrifuge jackpot (starting) anyone's ever built? I think mines around $500k, but I've had opportunities for $600+ and couldn't get the 100k bonus by hitting the post before it released on its own! Fun feature.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wow. 500,000 / 250 points per switch hit = 2000 switch hits, about 100 per second. How is this possible? You must have been great at Atari Track and Field!
[EDIT] I forgot about the 100k base jackpot. But still, that's 1600 switch hits in 20 seconds. I suppose this could be possible if you had another MB going already...

You start with 100k...then every spin of the centrifuge adds points to that. The minute the MB starts the flippers activate the centrifuge...with a ball bouncing around on the playfield...if not more because you've already started Skull or Microscope MB, that jackpot can increase fast. Then, unlocking the ball in the centrifuge by hitting the post scores a $100k bonus. I like to wait until the clock is way down before the "jackpot build" clock expires to shoot for the post. If you hit the post early you're almost guaranteed a jackpot in the 200ks.

CSI has alot of neat little rules.

1 year later
#66 9 years ago

I've been missing mine a little lately. More to that game than meets the eye. Not as shallow or ill conceived as people think, but could definitely use a little polish in the rules department.

Enjoy!

#75 9 years ago

I miss the music on CSI. Skull MB rocks!

2 months later
#88 9 years ago

I posted video of my csi. LED'ed to the gills. It's on Pinside somewhere.

2 years later
#176 6 years ago

My daughters still pissed at me for selling CSI. Sigh.

9 months later
#182 5 years ago

Not sure about mods, but I recall doing some things to mine to make it play better, and I posted them in this thread.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder if I have your old game. The gentleman I bought it from said it came from a collector in NY I believe.

I sold mine to Bemmett here on Pinside. Good guy. Good buyer. I shipped it out to Colorado to him, IIRC.

My “mod” was that I put some Velcro on one of the guide rails to ensure the ball went into pops more often...or something like that. I honestly can’t remember! I LED’ed it too, which was a PITA. Lots of lights!

I got it from Gerry (another Pinsider, who I think was voted a moderator? Lol) and he got it from the Flipper Fidelity guy, who is a Stern distributor and had it on the floor of his showroom.

I love Skull MB and the Microscope shot. And putting multiple balls in the Centrifuge. It’s a good game, that could have been great with a deeper rule set. For a one ramp game, it’s pretty damn solid.

#185 5 years ago

I remember that one guy didn’t want to pay my price, for a like new game, but then thought he got a deal from a local NY broker for a totally ugly, routed game...for $300 less.

Hopefully the one you bought is nice. The game really is beautiful. I like the “alt” back glass with the hot woman. Way better than the original.

2 months later
#193 5 years ago
Quoted from janus:

I bought it from Bemmett. I sold it to northvibe and missed it enough to buy it back, still have it.

My daughter stopped talking to me for a few days after I sold it. It was her favorite. And she never played JM, which was the replacement. I LED’ed that machine, which takes awhile!

CSI is a few rules short of a truly great game. Still really fun, just needs a little more depth IMO.

11 months later
#208 4 years ago

This is such a tiny little club thread for such a cool game. Enjoyed my CSI while I had it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/csi-owners-thread?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.