vs220304-002 (resized).jpg
vs220304-001 (resized).jpg
631105F9-A147-44F7-9F13-7E9E495ADDDA (resized).jpeg
BB27FE88-23C7-4FC4-AFB8-1B5A38DD0E9A (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 3 years ago

Anyone install pinwoofer with upgraded speakers on their CSI? Just curious if it improved the sound of this game very much.

1 week later
#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Changed the T molding on my CSI...
[quoted image]

That looks great! Haven't seen many pictures of the art blades or the color dmd installed, so that's nice to see.

1 week later
#221 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a bug when you start fingerprint frenzy and then start centrifuge MB? My machine won't kick out another ball when the ball is trapped in the centrifuge.

#222 3 years ago

I guess I'll tinker with it some more tonight. I don't think I have tried to start skull MB after fingerprint frenzy, so maybe I'll start there. Also try some switch and opto tests. Otherwise, the game has appeared to play as it should.

#223 3 years ago

I am running V 2.4...yet the third line is very similar to what I'm experiencing...

V 02.3 / SYS. 1.52 - 06-August-2009
====================
- Fixed glitching problems with split-screen score display.
- Fixed 'credits' display effect (was not working well with split-score
screen).
- Fixed infinite points bug during centrifuge multiball.
- Fixed problem with background display and lamp effects not running
immediately after the start of a game (there was a small delay, perhaps a
tenth of a second).
- Custom message with flipper paging was not working properly on occasion
- Duty cycle left up post a bit stronger to keep it from falling down via
vibration

1 week later
#224 3 years ago

I have finally found the solution to my problem. Here is more detailed description that will hopefully help someone else.

I have recreated this multiple times now. Just to recap: I start fingerprint frenzy and then start centrifuge multi-ball immediately after. Then the post comes up and traps the ball in the centrifuge, it says "centrifuge multi-ball" and then it starts generating the jackpot points and never kicks out another ball for multi-ball. If I leave it, it will generate the jackpot points forever (which is why I thought the initial centrifuge multi-ball bug wasn't fixed.) The only way I can get a ball to eject from the trough for multi-ball is if I try and shake the machine to tilt. I also noticed that if I move the ball with my finger while in the centrifuge, this will start the centrifuge multi-ball sequence again and ejects another ball.

I started testing the optos at the entrance of the centrifuge. In switch test, the first opto (""entrance") tested normally. The second opto ("made") was making a rapid fire sound at certain points as my finger ran passed. I also noticed that if I put my finger over the hole where the opto was aimed, it would make the same rapid fire sound. So I unscrewed and lifted the plastic off the centrifuge and tested the optos again. This time they both tested as they should with no rapid fire. The only difference between the two optos was that the "made" opto had a led bulb next to the left-side opto. I removed the bulb and put a flex head in there and the opto stopped the rapid fire sound and now my problem is fixed.

I'm guessing the bulb was too bright and was creating to much light interference or maybe reflective glare off the metal guide of the centrifuge? Either way...

The culprit:

IMG_20210305_190550~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20210305_190550~2 (resized).jpg
#226 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

They did a nice job on the color DMD animations for CSI. I always thought the photo award images were very difficult to discern. With color they are much clearer. It was well worth the cost to upgrade.

Pinkitten do you have any other pictures of the color dmd with the smoothing effect? Color dmd is next on the list and I'm trying to decide between lcd and led.

Just added speaker lights and fingerprint covers.

IMG_20210306_140928 (resized).jpgIMG_20210306_140928 (resized).jpg
#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Did you check out the vid clips of the led and lcd versions on the color DMD website? They should have video of each. Just click on the CSI lcd or led DMD in the store and scroll down for the video.

I did check that out. If there is a difference in the videos then I can't really tell. I've also read almost all of the forum discussion. What I'm most interested in is the smoothing effect that you can apply on the LCD version and I thought it looked like you had that setting turned on.

1 week later
#230 3 years ago

Covered up the back of that opto.

IMG_20210320_171131 (resized).jpgIMG_20210320_171131 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Hey fellow owners. I have only had my CSI for about a month now but sometimes when the ball hits this fish paper it activates the centerfuge enter opto. Have you had this issue before?
I unscrewed and removed the centrifuge plastic which the optos are connected to and squeezed the optos together a little bit in switch test and they do not appear to have bad solder as I am able to flex them a decent little bit before they register.
I believe that it is possible that the optos are not very well centered in the metal entrance guide in the little holes. So just a little bit of flex will break the opto-beam when the fish paper is hit. That is a possible theory anyways.
Any solutions out there that anyone has tried and has worked?
[quoted image]

I've had that issue before and my opto was bad. It registered in test, but would intermittently trigger the centrifuge with any vibration in a game. I even reflowed solder to no avail. I would just replace it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/csi-owners-thread?tu=killborn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.