vs220304-002 (resized).jpg
vs220304-001 (resized).jpg
631105F9-A147-44F7-9F13-7E9E495ADDDA (resized).jpeg
BB27FE88-23C7-4FC4-AFB8-1B5A38DD0E9A (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chipscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 2 years ago

Happy to now be part of the club!!
I was able to get a very nice example from a fellow Pinsider a couple weeks back, and so happy that I did.

I did change a few lights (changed out the clear cool white on the GI for frosted warm whites, and subtracted some blues and greens on the back panel a bit for some more frosted warm whites). Made a couple alternative translites for the game (from Scott at Game On Grafix) and am trying out this one now (seen here in pics). I like to make alt translates, but since there's usually the name of the game everywhere else, my personal preference is to omit the name on the translite and just use a picture.

Also, you'll see in the pics that the one empty hex post that helps hold the right fingerprint spinner...I capped it off with a 3/8" 6-32 screw, which gives it a more completed look (so strange Stern left it like that...). I also added a custom shooter rod and some new flipper rubber.

Anyway, This game is so fun and the shots are so different than any other game that I know of...a very unique game, and I'm loving having it in the collection!!
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg

#239 2 years ago

Question for you CSI owners out there.

So my question relates to the placards that are in front of the left (Suspect) and right (Fingerprint) spinner lanes that hold 1 flasher and 1 bayonet bulb each.
Specifically, my question relates to the bayonet bulbs under the flashers.

On my game, I notice that in attract mode, the bayonet lights underneath the flashers are on; however, when you start a game, they go off...ok, I'm not surprised by that.
During gameplay, when the ball goes through the spinner, the flashers flash. However, during gameplay, I notice the bayonet bulbs never come on.

On the right, when I'm in fingerprint frenzy, I would imagine that would be a fine time for the light to come on...and on the left, during suspect shakedown, I'd imagine that the light would come on then as well...but, neither lights ever come on during gameplay...

When the game is over, the bayonet lights come back on for attract mode.

Certainly this doesn't affect overall gameplay, just curious if anyone else has noticed this problem, and if so, if anyone has any ideas how to address it.
Of note, I have not encountered any other notable problems on this game, no error messages, and again, the light is getting ok power because it's on during attract mode.

Thoughts?

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for you CSI owners out there.
So my question relates to the placards that are in front of the left (Suspect) and right (Fingerprint) spinner lanes that hold 1 flasher and 1 bayonet bulb each.
Specifically, my question relates to the bayonet bulbs under the flashers.
On my game, I notice that in attract mode, the bayonet lights underneath the flashers are on; however, when you start a game, they go off...ok, I'm not surprised by that.
During gameplay, when the ball goes through the spinner, the flashers flash. However, during gameplay, I notice the bayonet bulbs never come on.
On the right, when I'm in fingerprint frenzy, I would imagine that would be a fine time for the light to come on...and on the left, during suspect shakedown, I'd imagine that the light would come on then as well...but, neither lights ever come on during gameplay...
When the game is over, the bayonet lights come back on for attract mode.
Certainly this doesn't affect overall gameplay, just curious if anyone else has noticed this problem, and if so, if anyone has any ideas how to address it.
Of note, I have not encountered any other notable problems on this game, no error messages, and again, the light is getting ok power because it's on during attract mode.
Thoughts?

Follow-up:
Okay, so I pretty much watched the majority of all available videos out there of CSI gameplay. Turns out those bayonet bulbs by the spinners are just activated during attract mode, only. So...mystery solved.

While one would assume that they would utilize those lights during either fingerprint frenzy or suspect shakedown, it appears as though that was never coded, and thus they have no function at all during gameplay and again, are only activated during attract mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chipscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/csi-owners-thread?tu=chipscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.