Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190915_111610 (resized).jpg
20190825_081159 (resized).jpg
Inkedimage2.1_LI (resized).jpg
image1 (resized).jpeg
fb.jpg
IMG_20160416_181757926_(resized).jpg
20160417_152947_(resized).jpg
csi4_(resized).jpg
P7230035.jpg
P7230002.jpg
PB060007.jpg
csi_pinball_(resized).jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_1.png
image.png

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We are hoping for a board next year, that will allow a shaker to be added to this and many other games......

?? CSI does support a shaker. If you mean a board that will let the user program when the shaker goes off, that would be awesome.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

?? CSI does support a shaker. If you mean a board that will let the user program when the shaker goes off, that would be awesome.

Yes, Our new board, coming up for a naming contest, is awaiting harness production, and a larger batch.
It will come with either plug and play, with user controls, or advanced hand selection of events.
It will fire a single RGB Monster COB, under the game, and Back Box, and or RGB strip on top or in game.
Essentially, any high voltage event tripping any RGB color, user controlled. 4 RGB out puts, 4 dedicated 12V for additional dedicated, self controlled RGB, or motors/other 12V.

A second side board is in development to grab this signal and allow you to trip a shaker from user defined or plug and play output, so you control the event(s) that cause it to fire.

As it begins its proto stages and testing, some info will go up, but the primary board, will hopefully be soft released in 6-8 weeks, with the daughter board hopefully in the summer.

Main Board target price of $99-$119, depending on configuration. Daughter board should not be much, and this is Universal, so you can use on any game...How about a vibrating shaker floor mat for a game!?

#153 4 years ago

Finally a member of the club, excited to get it LED'd. Been reading the threads on creating your own interactive LED strip backbox by tying it into the flasher molex connections. Would really like to get this done.

csi_pinball_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#154 4 years ago

Hey all, I'm getting a nib GOT pro at the end of the month, I'm willing to possibly trade it for a CSI plus cash if the deal is reasonable... I am posting here before I put up a wanted ad because most people who frequent the owners/club threads seem to take great care of their machines. Gauging interest and looking for the best condition CSI possible of course, and I can possibly even deliver around IN OH KY IL if the money is right. PM me if interested!

#155 4 years ago

Just joined the club. Spent the day shopping this out.

So far I disabled the center post and set skull lock to medium. Outlanes are open and game is deadly.

Does the shaker do anything other than fire on jackpots? Curious if I should add one.

Thinking of adding under cab lighting.

1 week later
#156 4 years ago

I installed a shaker the other day.
It works in test but never fires during the game even on Jackpot.
Excited for Arts solution

#157 4 years ago

Harnesses are in production.....Next month, I hope....

#158 4 years ago

Lol just checked
Code is 1.02.. The factory code.. Lol

3 weeks later
#159 4 years ago

Oh yeah! Got one!

csi4_(resized).jpg

#160 4 years ago

Nice, you got the laserrific topper!

#161 4 years ago

Here's a question, does anyone know, are the controlled lamps for the Suspect Shakedown and the Fingerprint Frenzy ever active other than in attract mode? When I hit the spinners the flashlamps go off above each spinner respectively but I never see the controlled lamps light during gameplay, and frankly I can't see how they would with the way those modes work...?

1 week later
#162 3 years ago
Quoted from Zorak:

Here's a question, does anyone know, are the controlled lamps for the Suspect Shakedown and the Fingerprint Frenzy ever active other than in attract mode? When I hit the spinners the flashlamps go off above each spinner respectively but I never see the controlled lamps light during gameplay, and frankly I can't see how they would with the way those modes work...?

Hello, this is a known Bug, which is persistent through all firmware-versions. Even the newest has this bug. I do not know, why no one noticed this during the time of production and set up on location. Do not hope to get a new firmware, this game is closed up for stern, nothing will happen. Sad, but true!

1 week later
#163 3 years ago

I'm interesting in picking up a CSI if anyone here is thinking about selling one. PM me!

1 month later
#164 3 years ago

fyi, Cliffys are now in!!! get yours now... scoop and shooter lane......thanks Cliffy!!!

20160417_152947_(resized).jpg

#165 3 years ago

Fits great and looks great.

IMG_20160416_181757926_(resized).jpg

4 months later
#166 3 years ago

Just got a CSI. Cool game with some unusual shots.
I have a question. When I shoot the right microscope loop to collect evidence the ball goes straight down the middle. Can anything be done to prevent this ?

1 month later
#167 3 years ago

Hello,

i sold my CSI, because the gameplay was to repetetive and i missed some cool Modes as the hunt for some super serial killers, as they played a great role in the series. Unfinished Software also made me mad, and i sold it. Would be a good Pinball machine, if they just put more dramatic moments in the gameplay.

1 month later
#168 3 years ago

Hi,
I am thinking I need a CSI in the line-up. Anyone thinking of selling in the next month or two please reach out to me.
Thank You, Mike V

#169 3 years ago

I like the game but the closest I've come to owning it is having a mint clear coated pf hanging on my wall that I lit up the inserts. It has THE best aftermarket clear job I've ever seen, totally smooth as glass and I love the art on it.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I'm interesting in picking up a CSI if anyone here is thinking about selling one. PM me!

Thanks for purchasing my former CSI of 3 years. Hope you enjoy it as long as I did if not more. Good underrated pin!

#171 3 years ago

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

HUO! Who wants in? (not my ad)

7 months later
#172 2 years ago

I finally joined the CSI club and found a brother to go next to my 24. Anyway I have a few questions, has anyone figured out how to incorporate the shaker into CSI? Also what is the fuge kit all about? Thanks

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

has anyone figured out how to incorporate the shaker into CSI? Also what is the fuge kit all about?

Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?

fb.jpg

#174 2 years ago

Don't even bother:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-motor-in-csi-is-disappointing

Also the spinner acts as sort of a shaker as it is. Scott Danesi has an interesting take on shaker motors:

#175 2 years ago

Thanks, it looks like it is very lackluster, I may have to go with a Polk Sub instead. I have a shaker in my 24 and it is awesome! Very well integrated, it is disappointing that CSI is not well integrated.

Still curious on fuge kit? I went to Marco's and found a kit with post for re-aligning the fuge? Not sure if that is the kit people are referencing? I do get sdtm drains from fuge and my centerpost is not saving the ball half the time. I am wondering if you added slightly larger post around exit of fuge if it would deflect ball away from going sdtm?

#176 2 years ago

My daughters still pissed at me for selling CSI. Sigh.

9 months later
#178 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

In the club. Any must have mods?

Colordmd has to happen at some point!

I don’t remember any real mods, you could drop in some cop cars or bullet casings. Matt at back alley does a cool armor powder coat.

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Matt at back alley does a cool armor powder coat.

Yea, I do need those. Also, I’m not a fan of the translight, I may look into one of the alternate ones, haven’t found one that I couldn’t pass up yet.

What sort of settings do you all keep the game on to keep it challenging?

#181 1 year ago

I sold my csi some years ago, but had it set at factory settings. Really fun and never had to make it harder, but I’m not an amazing player...

#182 1 year ago

Not sure about mods, but I recall doing some things to mine to make it play better, and I posted them in this thread.

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Not sure about mods, but I recall doing some things to mine to make it play better, and I posted them in this thread

I wonder if I have your old game. The gentleman I bought it from said it came from a collector in NY I believe.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder if I have your old game. The gentleman I bought it from said it came from a collector in NY I believe.

I sold mine to Bemmett here on Pinside. Good guy. Good buyer. I shipped it out to Colorado to him, IIRC.

My “mod” was that I put some Velcro on one of the guide rails to ensure the ball went into pops more often...or something like that. I honestly can’t remember! I LED’ed it too, which was a PITA. Lots of lights!

I got it from Gerry (another Pinsider, who I think was voted a moderator? Lol) and he got it from the Flipper Fidelity guy, who is a Stern distributor and had it on the floor of his showroom.

I love Skull MB and the Microscope shot. And putting multiple balls in the Centrifuge. It’s a good game, that could have been great with a deeper rule set. For a one ramp game, it’s pretty damn solid.

#185 1 year ago

I remember that one guy didn’t want to pay my price, for a like new game, but then thought he got a deal from a local NY broker for a totally ugly, routed game...for $300 less.

Hopefully the one you bought is nice. The game really is beautiful. I like the “alt” back glass with the hot woman. Way better than the original.

#186 1 year ago

Well, mine looks likely to have been routed at some point in its life but I think it still looks pretty good.

#188 1 year ago

This is one of those odd ball pins that I've played and enjoyed.....will add to my line up when I find one close to me in the $ that makes sense....a couple over priced ones out here in the yonder.

2 months later
#189 1 year ago

I was looking for a ColorDMD, but it appears one is still not available for CSI. Any one know if they are working on this title over at ColorDMD?

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was looking for a ColorDMD, but it appears one is still not available for CSI. Any one know if they are working on this title over at ColorDMD?

I haven't heard anything, though they are usually pretty secretive about what titles are coming up. It's a small market at only 600 games, but then again most of the titles are created by end users so it's only a matter of someone interested enough to do it.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I sold mine to Bemmett here on Pinside. Good guy. Good buyer. I shipped it out to Colorado to him, IIRC.

I bought it from Bemmett. I sold it to northvibe and missed it enough to buy it back, still have it.

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from janus:

I bought it from Bemmett. I sold it to northvibe and missed it enough to buy it back, still have it.

And now I miss it again :-p it’s a fun game...I need a fun game again. Csi with a color dmd would look amazing!

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from janus:

My daughter stopped talking to me for a few days after I sold it. It was her favorite. And she never played JM, which was the replacement. I LED’ed that machine, which takes awhile!

CSI is a few rules short of a truly great game. Still really fun, just needs a little more depth IMO.

#194 1 year ago

Yeah, CSI is a lot of fun to shoot. I miss the sounds and music most of all, very unique for pinball. It was just a few modes shy of being a keeper for me.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, CSI is a lot of fun to shoot. I miss the sounds and music most of all, very unique for pinball. It was just a few modes shy of being a keeper for me.

Can't argue with that. A ColorDMD for it might make it the first machine I ever _re-bought_.

5 months later
#196 1 year ago

Can someone tell me what is supposed to go in pic 2 where the arrow is pointing?

image1 (resized).jpegInkedimage2.1_LI (resized).jpg
#197 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Can someone tell me what is supposed to go in pic 2 where the arrow is pointing?

Nothing, mine is empty too (and I'm 3rd owner HUO). I'm guessing they had plans to put something there but took it out of the game to cut costs when they were about to go out of business?

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Nothing, mine is empty too (and I'm 3rd owner HUO). I'm guessing they had plans to put something there but took it out of the game to cut costs when they were about to go out of business?

Ok- so that's how it is unfortunately supposed to look. Thank you for your response.

4 months later
#199 8 months ago

I'm told the color dots are ready for CSI so it shouldn't be long before colordmd makes an announcement

#200 8 months ago

Well, there goes another $400

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside