42%
  • Mustang Pro 65 votes
    49%

(132 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20171006_143824 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Looking at one of the following PRO games to add at a location that I have. I have played Mustang quite a bit and like it, but CSI and Avatar I've maybe played a handful of times. Again, this is for a route location and not part of the collection. Which would be the better overall game for tournament play and theme to draw in players?

#2 6 years ago

Mustang

#3 6 years ago

Mustang is a blast to play and having the ability to swap in your own songs really makes it shine. I never played Avatar or CSI.

#4 6 years ago

I vote avatar it has a lot of really cool toys.

#5 6 years ago

Crap! That's a tough one as I have all three! I am selling Avatar and Mustang, the only reason CSI is staying is I have done so much custom work. I am going to lean more toward Mistang on this one

#6 6 years ago

I owned and really liked Mustang for 2 years. So out of the 3 that would be my choice to own at home. However maybe Avatar might have more appeal on route. I only played Avatar le and liked it. CSI I don't think I ever played.

#7 6 years ago

Mustang is really fun and simple which can help pump quarters in. It's easy to get the first multiball which will help novice players feel like they are achieving something. Avatar is meh. CSI is ok but not a theme I would put on route.

#8 6 years ago

Mustang IMO is the best game in the bunch but from all things I've heard doesn't earn well at all. I bet avatar would out earn it and is probably more approachable to a newbie (1 ramp, standard flipper gap...etc).

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Mustang IMO is the best game in the bunch but from all things I've heard doesn't earn well at all. I bet avatar would out earn it and is probably more approachable to a newbie (1 ramp, standard flipper gap...etc).

^^^This.

#10 6 years ago

Tuff call. I've owned a Mustang Premium, & a Avatar LE in the past, both were very fun games. If the Mustang was a premium I would have voted for it hands down. But, since it wasn't, I voted for Avatar. Avatar is all about stacking multi-balls, it's a fun pin for sure! It is very similar to IM in a lot of ways. Plus it has great call outs from S. Lang that might help draw some attention to the pin. CSI I've only played once, so I really can't comment on it, other than I remember it had a lot of different shots, & I thought the centrifuge was pretty cool.
Also, are Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, etc., etc., guys/gals going to play a Ford Mustang pin? I know pinheads will, but the casual non Ford guy might just keep walking.

#11 6 years ago

I'm surprised to see Avatar in the lead. I for sure would have thought that it would have been dead last. Very interesting indeed.

#12 6 years ago

Tough route choice for certain. Avatar is the simpler game of the three so I'd put that one out first. Then mustank, csi. If a bar location then I'd try mustank before avatar.

#13 6 years ago

Avatar is probably the best overall package, with theme, audio gameplay. CSI is the most full featured game (like an LE today) lift the playfield on that one, I really enjoyed playing mine.. Mustang may be the best coded game of the three.. I have not owned Mustang.. but I would lean toward Avatar.

#14 6 years ago

honestly, NONE of them are good for route (based on my experience and via discussions with others that operate)

I would pass on all 3 in favor of something else.

If you really must go with 1 of them:

Mustang if a bar casual crowd
CSI if pinheads and in a location where they already come. They will play it for a bit just for the novelty.

#15 6 years ago

CSI

Mustang

#16 6 years ago

I have Mustang Pro and Avatar LE and for routing I'd have to say Avatar Pro. Everyone's seen the movie so I think it would attract the most attention. Mustang would be nice but there are to many Ford haters out there, the Ford guys would love it though. Mustang would be easier to get parts for to keep running cuz it's newer. Tough call.

#17 6 years ago

Mustang

By a mile. VARRROOOOOM!

#18 6 years ago

Mustang rocks! Great music too.

#19 6 years ago

CSI is such an underrated game. I regret selling mine. Lots of great shots on it. It is predominantly a multiball game though.
I have just sold Avatar and don't miss it at all.
Never played Mustang.

#20 6 years ago

I've had both Avatar and mustang. I would take avatar. I like the build up of the game.

#21 6 years ago

with the new Avatar movies coming out soon...Avatar by a long shot

#22 6 years ago

I would avoid putting CSI on route just because it's such a long ball time game. I can't imagine it would earn very well.

#23 6 years ago

Having owned all of them mustang hands down.
Csi could have been great but it was built in the years Stern abandoned games quickly. Mustang is a complete package and great theme.

#24 6 years ago

Avatar, as long as the pin that prevent STDM is adjusted correctly. Probably will earn the most. Game times aren't long, maintenance is low.

#25 6 years ago

My only gripe with Mustang is the flow killing right ramp. I voted Avatar.

#26 6 years ago

For route Avatar. It's juts a big dumb stupid game to collect monies. CSI has more going on, and Mustang the best of the bunch, but I'm guessing Avatar is the best theme...as sad as that is.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For route Avatar. It's juts a big dumb stupid game to collect monies. CSI has more going on, and Mustang the best of the bunch, but I'm guessing Avatar is the best theme...as sad as that is.

Right. It's not about what the best game is, it's a question of what would probably earn the best. Avatar, especially with the next 4 movies starting to film now, is the best bet based on name recognition for casual people. Mustang is a way better game, but it didn't earn at two of the best locations here locally. Still, I would route Mustang way before I would ever route CSI though.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

My only gripe with Mustang is the flow killing right ramp.

Not a downside for me as there's typically plenty of fast action happening. Rather, I find the right ball return and bowl to be a great tool for managing multiballs better. They allow you to put a ball on the shelf (so to speak) for a few seconds and focus on the others (up to 5 more!) currently in play. The engine revving and changing bonus awards with each switch contact in the bowl are cool game features IMHO too.

#29 6 years ago

Owned an Avatar LE in the past. It's a sleeper title. Has a lot in common rulewise with Iron Man.
That is the one I'd pick from those 3.
And with 3 new movies coming out, it will be popular again soon.

#30 6 years ago

I'd go with avatar. Underappreciated appreciated title. Looks good, sounds good, fun strategy, and there are sequels coming out soon so the theme we'll be relevant for years to come.

I had mustang on location in Boston and it was not my strongest earner, despite being a really fun game.

Good luck and keep us posted!

#31 6 years ago

I just picked up an Avatar and it is really fun and I am going to put it in bar cade soon. Car pins do not do great at the bar . Corvette and Getaway did just ok.

#32 6 years ago

Avatar is a good fun game and with the new movies coming soon it will be relevant for years yet.

#33 6 years ago

Personally, I'd say Mustang. Best balance gameplay-wise. Avatar is a great theme with awesome audio, but it's a brutal game and may be a turnoff for newer or casual players. CSI is kind of a weird layout and not much of a top theme, so it may not appeal to as many potential players as the other two.

#34 6 years ago

Still Mustang.

#35 6 years ago

Mustang... Pro if you must, but the Premium or LE is worth the difference IMO.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Mustang... Pro if you must, but the Premium or LE is worth the difference IMO.

I absolutely agree in the case of avid players or home collectors who want complete game features. However, I can understand the preference in putting a Pro on route though.

#37 6 years ago

With three of the top games from the last decade, it would be hard to go wrong with any of them.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I absolutely agree in the case of avid players or home collectors who want complete game features. However, I can understand the preference in putting a Pro on route though.

I don't think the Prem or LE on Mustang have any features I'd worry about failing in a route situation, and the yellow of the Prem is MUCH more eye catching than the Pro, IMO.

#39 6 years ago

Avatar is awesome, an pretty bulletproof, never had a problem with mine breaking down.

#40 6 years ago

IMG_20171006_143824 (resized).jpgIMG_20171006_143824 (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago

So, I see that Mustang is it then (just kidding).

#42 6 years ago

No option for None of the Above?

Jeez could ya pick three worse titles? Nevermind that....

#43 6 years ago

You chose wisely OP. Many opinions above were based on the best game, not the best game to earn. Avatar will be the most relevant title for years to come with the sequels, Disney's AK park expansion, and IMO has the most approachable playfield.

#44 6 years ago

Correct choice for earnings, I think.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Jeez could ya pick three worse titles? Nevermind that....

Check out the latest episode (7) of The Pinball Players Podcast if you haven't already. Words of wisdom regarding Mustang.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/podcast/pinballplayerspodcast

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Check out the latest episode (7) of The Pinball Players Podcast if you haven't already. Words of wisdom regarding Mustang.
http://www.podcastgarden.com/podcast/pinballplayerspodcast

Care to give us the CliffsNotes version?

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Care to give us the CliffsNotes version?

Really fun underrated game that deserves more players to get past their aversion to its theme and try.

#48 6 years ago

none earn well on location , tested em. avatar best of the 3 earnings wise though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/csi-avatar-or-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.