Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mantra
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So now that my machine has settled in, the only consistent play issue that've got is the crystal ball vuk. During multiball, 2 balls often end up over there, causing a couple of failed upkick attempts, then the game freezes and I clear it manually. Anybody found the right vuk strength adjustment to clear it without overpowering it when just 1 ball is in there?

The game is amazing. The LCD is loved by all, and really puts on a show for those watching. Good luck to those waiting for machines, you'll love it the minute you get it!

#2 10 years ago

you should contact JJP

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from jn960502:

So now that my machine has settled in, the only consistent play issue that've got is the crystal ball vuk. During multiball, 2 balls often end up over there, causing a couple of failed upkick attempts, then the game freezes and I clear it manually. Anybody found the right vuk strength adjustment to clear it without overpowering it when just 1 ball is in there?
The game is amazing. The LCD is loved by all, and really puts on a show for those watching. Good luck to those waiting for machines, you'll love it the minute you get it!

Try contacting pinchroma or LTG via these forums or open a support ticket via the JJP website.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from jn960502:

It should cycle 2 balls without a problem. What do you have the crystal ball vuk set to strength wise? What happens is if a ball fails to pop up in the vuk due to say 2 balls, it should fire quickly twice. The first fire clears the second ball by sending it backwards and the second shot fires the first ball up the vuk leaving it clear for the other ball to come down into it.

Also please let me know what version you are running? 1.14 is the latest and has those vuk fixes.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Try contacting pinchroma or LTG via these forums or open a support ticket via the JJP website.

Thanks Tom! Ill work with him to fix it. The support portal is http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com if you want to provide it in the future. Much appreciated.

#6 10 years ago

Huh. Never seen it try to clear with two quick pops. I'm running 1.14. It pops once, fails to clear, pops again, fails to clear, then machine shuts down. Happens every time two balls land in there. Vuk is set to 16 at the moment, though I've tried slightly higher and lower without success...

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jn960502:

Huh. Never seen it try to clear with two quick pops. I'm running 1.14. It pops once, fails to clear, pops again, fails to clear, then machine shuts down. Happens every time two balls land in there. Vuk is set to 16 at the moment, though I've tried slightly higher and lower without success...

ill check on my game. It should be doing 2 quick successive pops.. If that doesn't happen and there is an issue ill get it rectified quickly.

#8 10 years ago

Quick video I just took of it working. You are saying on the second attempt the game is resetting? Check your crystal ball connector isn't being hit by the ball and is on tight. I'm guessing it may be being knocked loose by the powerful second pulse of the vuk.

#9 10 years ago

The WOZ @ Moosejaw Pizza in Wisconsin Dells had no problem clearing the two balls in the VUK issue. It had the problem initially, then did the two rapid fire pops, and was so strong it popped the first ball all the way out into the play field instead of into the habitrail.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

The WOZ @ Moosejaw Pizza in Wisconsin Dells had no problem clearing the two balls in the VUK issue. It had the problem initially, then did the two rapid fire pops, and was so strong it popped the first ball all the way out into the play field instead of into the habitrail.

Exactly. That's what it does to guarantee a clear. That's why I was wondering what this persons game was doing so I can help him out.

#11 10 years ago

I had a game Saturday where three balls got into the Crystal ball during multiball. It had an issue getting them out the first pulse, but second shot sent two balls up, then the third afterwards. Seems to be working here.

#12 10 years ago

I think I will make a plastic to keep the ball from flying off for my game (when I get it).

That is pretty cool how they programmed it to increase the power if it does not kick the ball out initially.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Quick video I just took of it working. You are saying on the second attempt the game is resetting? Check your crystal ball connector isn't being hit by the ball and is on tight. I'm guessing it may be being knocked loose by the powerful second pulse of the vuk.
» YouTube video

How can you possibly get better customer service than this.

Great job Alex, you bring a lot to the table (little pun intended)

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think I will make a plastic to keep the ball from flying off for my game (when I get it).
That is pretty cool how they programmed it to increase the power if it does not kick the ball out initially.

Make multiple and sell them as a mod .

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

How can you possibly get better customer service than this.
Great job Alex, you bring a lot to the table (little pun intended)

I find videos are much easier when helping someone troubleshoot. Takes me 2 minutes up front to make it which saves plenty of time discussing over email or the phone.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

I had a game Saturday where three balls got into the Crystal ball during multiball. It had an issue getting them out the first pulse, but second shot sent two balls up, then the third afterwards. Seems to be working here.

Just like the video with three.

#17 10 years ago

Here a a few examples of it misbehaving in various settings...

#18 10 years ago

When I uncrated my WOZ and set up I also had an issue with my Crystal Ball not working. In trying to diagnose the problem I unplugged the connector to the Chrystal Ball and boom the whole machine shut down. Shut machine off replugged the connector and before I fired it back up I was looking at the back of the board. There is a memory card socket with a memory card. This card had unclicked itself from the socket. All I had to do was reseat that memory card and it worked when game was rebooted. The issue with your game shutting down could be related to that plug on the board behind the Crystal Ball. Be sure that the wires are seated firmly into that connector that goes to that board. The vibration from the VUK tells me loose connection on that plug. By the way, don't unplug any connectors with the game turned on.

#19 10 years ago

Found it! Loose connection 6 inches away from the vuk, tightened it down, and she's good to go. Thanks for the help guys, it's popping just like it should...

#20 10 years ago

Awesome! Glad you found that. One of my LED boards died today. Figured out which one... bad thing about the LED boards is if one dies none of the rest of them will work in the chain after it since its a serial chain. Hopefully they will rarely fail...Lloyd answered my call on Saturday and is sending me a new board

Cheers..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crystal-ball-double-ball-freeze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.