Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

50BC2BD5-0038-48F0-BC64-00E31B06070E (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 11.51.07 AM (resized).png
    490930C5-B4EF-4380-BBF8-BA4E7CA3051F (resized).jpeg
    crypto_boardroom (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    170919094555-euros-in-toilet-780x439 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I realize that there is another Bitcoin thread, but I wanted to start this thread for people that are actively investing in cryptocurrency and want to discuss strategy, coins, wallets, exchanges, etc.

If you hate cyrptocurrency and think we are all idiots, that's great and I'm happy for you. Feel free to start your own thread about how much cryptocurrency looks like a bubble, a tulip, or whatever else you think it might resemble.

With that out of the way, let's talk about cryptocurrency investments!!

I grabbed some MANA and BAT yesterday during the sale. I don't know why MANA interests me so much and I know it's a shot in the dark, but it looks really cool. It's a VR world where you can buy land, build structures, etc.

I saw that they did their land auction for the main city a few weeks ago. To the tune of someone spending >$30,000 on a 10m x 10m piece of virtual property. And here I thought I was nuts for buying 2000 tokens. The other interesting thing was that all the funds used to purchase land (~87,000,000) were burned. It's only a small percentage of the total number of tokens in circulation, but it's interesting that it's getting burnt.

Besides, they have a cool commercial, so it has to be legit, right?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Eth, Geo, Sia, Zec, Btc currently.
    That's about all I hold. I feel the most confident in ethereum. I could see it it at $1,500 real soon.

I was dual mining ETH and SIA awhile ago, but dropped SIA after a short while because it was reducing my ETH hashrate. That's back when you couldn't buy it and it was worth nothing. When I finally saw that it started to increase in value, I started mining again. I've been thinking about staking some coins and renting out HDD space, but haven't had time to look into the logistics yet. That and I think it's quicker to mine than it is to receive the revenue from renting space.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I must be getting old. I don't understand the whole using real money to purchase virtual land and stuff?
    That being said it will probably be a big success... for a while.

You're not the only one, but oddly enough, buying virtual land is much more common than you might think. Star Citizen, Second Life, Entropia Universe, etc. Believe it or not, you can even start a virtual business in some and learn "skills" like Medic, Transportation Provider, Tailor, etc. The use those skills to generate revenue in the VR world.

I don't see the alure, but that doesn't mean I can't try and make a few dollars from it.

Quoted from GhostThruster:

The majority of my investment is in ETH but I'm also holding BAT, SC, XLM, XRP and FUN. I'm super excited to see where FUN goes.

Do you see FUN going anywhere? I did some reading a few weeks ago, since it looked interesting, but it appears as though the main issue is getting a RNG to perform quickly enough on the blockchain.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

where do you guys mainly buy this stuff? Coinbase?

I use Coinbase, Binance and Kraken. I have two hardware wallets, a Trezor and a Ledger, where I store the majority of my coins after purchase. I don't really trust the exchanges too much.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Where does one spend this cryptocurrency?
    Is there any tangible backing or is it all speculation and demand?

There are a good bit of retailers that accept BTC. Overstock, Microsoft, Expedia and NewEgg to name some of the larger ones. The problem right now is that transaction times take forever and the fees are a little crazy. Hopefully they get the lightning network straightened out soon.

But to be honest, most of it is speculation. It will be an interesting year as things evolve.

Quoted from o-din:

On the dark web.

Here we go again. Can't you go start your own cryptocurrency sucks thread?

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Why don't you get off your high horse!
    I don't no why you have to get yourself so uptite.
    I thought it was common knowledge that cryptocurrency was payment of choice for all things on the dark web.
    Or maybe you don't watch the news?

I'm not uptight, I'm just sick of this place being filled with trolls. I started a separate thread where those of us that wanted to discuss crypto would be free of the bullshit tulip / dark web / bubble crap. But some of you guys just can't help yourself.

I addressed the dark web in the other thread, so I'm not going to waste my time again.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well maybe you should have specified that then. Someone asked a question, and I gave a straight answer.

And here I thought the title and original post was sufficient. I'm not sure how I could have made that any clearer?

#42 6 years ago

I'm hoping the fork goes to zero. I'm sick of people forking a coin for no real reason other than the pre-mine a few million coins. If you look at the fork, they are pre-mining 20 million coins for "Future Development". Up until a few days ago, there was no whitepaper. It just kept saying "Coming soon". I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet since it just went up.

Putting that aside, I keep most of my coins in a hardware wallet. In the past, Trezor has always supported the forked coins. All I need to do is wait a few weeks and they issue a firmware update and a nice web interface where I can claim my coins. It's been flawless with both BTG and BCH. I'm not sure about ETH since I've never went through a fork and the Trezor actually interacts with MEW and not the Trezor interface.

If your coins are on an exchange, you have to hope that they decide to support the fork.

4 weeks later
    #124 6 years ago

Anyone get plowed by Coinbase? The stole $1,000 from my bank account overnight. Apparently a ton of people have been effected and Coinbase is "investigating".

#126 6 years ago

Yeah. That's what I said when I looked at my account this morning.

One guy claims they whacked him 17 times for the same $1,000 transaction. They only got me for 2 x $500.

Here is their Reddit post:

"Update as of 9:37 AM PST on February 15, 2018

We are actively investigating some reports from our customers about unexpected credit or debit card charges appearing on their statements from previous Coinbase purchases.

We can confirm that the unexpected charges are originating from our payment processing network, and are related to charges from previous purchases. To the best of our knowledge, these unexpected charges are not permanent and are in the process of being refunded. We are running joint investigations with all parties involved, and will provide updates as we receive them.

We apologize for the trouble, and are working as quickly as possible to help anyone affected by this. "

2 months later
    #133 5 years ago

I'm still here. A little worried about the ERC20 Smart Contract bug though....

I had to write a huge check to Uncle Sam so my purchases have been on the light side lately. My investment group picked up a decent chunk of EOS at $6 though. Just in time for it's run.

Anyone know anything about SNGLS?

Quoted from roc-noc:

Any ASIC mining experience here?

Nothing more than getting one is just about impossible.

Do you think you'll get your ROI? I've been hesitant to go with an ASIC because the ROI takes forever. Even if the difficulty doesn't increase, which we know it will, you're looking at almost 400 days to break even.

3 months later
    #143 5 years ago

I'm still here and still HODLing. I'm still up on the big 3, but getting pummeled on the Alts. I currently have BAT, BCH, XLM, XRP, LINK, ZIL, MANA, VEN, SC, and BTG.

I'm in an investment group and we have picked up XLM, POLY, OMG, LINK, EOS, DCR, BNB, BAT, ZIL, BTC, ETH and LTC. There are also some random airdrops in there, but I don't typically pay attention to those.

It's been a rough ride the last 8 months, but I'm still hanging on.

9 months later
    #173 4 years ago

Did anyone see that EOS unstaked some tokens and picked up $25 million in RAM? The price of RAM went from $0.07 to $1.38 in 36 hours. There is supposed to be some huge announcement on June 1. Too bad I don't own any RAM. Why can't my alts spike like that!

On a side note, now that BTC is back up, I'm thinking of selling off enough to buy a BM66. I'm terrible at timing the market...

8 months later
    #177 4 years ago

If anyone with a Coinbase account wants some free Orchid (OXT), Stellar Lumens (XLM) or EOS, let me know. I have Coinbase Earn referral links I can share. Hit me up via PM if you want a link and some free crypto.

You need a Coinbase account to redeem it though.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

this popped up in my feed and I realize it's been MONTHS since I've seen any crypto stories trickle through the media. Is all well in cryptoland? No major site hacks, scams, huge swings in valuations? I assume "no news is good news".

Nothing of mine was lost, got hacked or otherwise disappeared. I purchased some more LINK on a dip awhile back, but that's my only recent trade. The last few days have been interesting though. I've been considering take a little profit, but haven't made a decision yet.

11 months later
    #182 3 years ago
    Quoted from Digduglus:

Anyone wanna revive this thread?

Sure. There is another one that has been getting more action lately. I had started this one because the other one turned into a bunch of people saying it was a giant bubble and all that shit.

I guess they all have their foot in their mouth now.

#183 3 years ago

Just for fun.

Posted 1/18/2018

Quoted from guyincognito:

EDIT: Wrong thread. First rule of Scamcoin is you're not supposed to talk about Scamcoin.
    Yada, yada, yada.

Quoted from Syco54645:

Crypto is 100% in a bubble.

Quoted from o-din:

I invest in vaporware whenever possible.

BTC closed 1/18/2018 at $11,474 with a Market Cap of $192 billion.

The scam bubble tulip coin is now at $34,428 with a Market Cap of $938 billion.

Yep, totally a bubble.

#185 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

who was heavy into dogecoin?

Not me. I thought about it on Thursday morning. 100,000 coins would have cost $700 and would have been worth just under $8,000 by the time I left leagues on Thursday night.

DOGE has an infinite number of coins and was actually created as a big joke.

Not my thing, but if you timed it right, the movement and the volume was there to hit a home run.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-investment-thread-no-haters-please?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.