Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

50BC2BD5-0038-48F0-BC64-00E31B06070E (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 11.51.07 AM (resized).png
    490930C5-B4EF-4380-BBF8-BA4E7CA3051F (resized).jpeg
    crypto_boardroom (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    170919094555-euros-in-toilet-780x439 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roc-noc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I invest in vaporware whenever possible.

vaping is another topic.

1 month later
    #129 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone get plowed by Coinbase? The stole $1,000 from my bank account overnight. Apparently a ton of people have been effected and Coinbase is "investigating".

Hmmm. I wonder if that is the reason Chase is closing credit card accounts used in crypto.

https://blockoperations.com/cryptocurrency-miners-should-not-bank-with-chase/

Reminds me of PayPals reaction after we got ripped off by Kevin on Predator.

1 month later
    #131 6 years ago

Looks like this thread died as Crypto has deflated. But I am in for the long haul as a miner.

Although I am happy with my GPU rigs mining ETH, today I made the jump to ASIC mining for SHA256. I ordered 4 Antminer S9s since they are at record low prices and shipping RSN. Ordered directly from Bitmain. About $1450 each delivered for 14TH/s. Should arrive mid-May.

Any ASIC mining experience here?

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I thought they were changing the algorithm to prevent ASIC mining of both XMR and ETH?

SHA256 is for mining Bitcoin.

I ordered 5 of the Antminer E3 back when they introduced them at $800 (plus power supply and shipping). They now sell for $2400. Delivery on both in July. I don't think they will change the ETH algo. The fix will be PoS. And the E3 at $2400 is not much better than a 6 card GPU miner.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm still here. A little worried about the ERC20 Smart Contract bug though....
    I had to write a huge check to Uncle Sam so my purchases have been on the light side lately. My investment group picked up a decent chunk of EOS at $6 though. Just in time for it's run.
    Anyone know anything about SNGLS?

Nothing more than getting one is just about impossible.

It was real easy ordering them direct from the maker in China. They took my money. Of course they haven't shipped yet.

1 week later
    #138 5 years ago

Current prices and delivery on Antminer S9 (bitcoin miner) are reasonable. I ordered 4 pcs to try them out. I received them on Monday and have two up and mining.

First impressions... they are really loud and take a lot of power. Payback at current BTC prices about 8 months. Annual power cost for one Antminer S9 is about $800. (Does not include AC or cooling costs.)

3 months later
    #142 5 years ago

Weak market and the thread dies? I'm still mining ETH and ZEC and hoping for a winter recovery. I've learned a lot in the past 8 months.

6 months later
    #154 5 years ago

I built my first rig with graphics cards and began mining ETH around Christmas 2017. Built and bought a lot of mining equipment in 2018. Added a few Antminers for BTC. Then bought a bunch of Antminers for Zcash (ZEC). Bought a couple more for Decred.

Graphics cards are now relatively cheap and plentiful so the gamers have stopped whining.

I'm still mining and hodling ETH and ZEC. I stopped mining BTC and Decred. It keeps my business building heated. Will probably stop mining in the Spring as the heat value goes away. In the current bear market, I am barely making more in crypto value than electricity costs. I did get a new electricity contract for the next 4 years which saves 2 cents per kwh. Have not recovered the cost of the mining gear.

3 months later
    #170 4 years ago

Now that the bull market is back, I decided to keep mining through the summer with outside air cooling. I signed a 4 year contract on power with a third party to get a reduced fixed rate. (They deal mostly in wind power.)

I installed a 3 hp 48 inch exhaust fan with vfd speed control in my server room. Have an equal sized intake rain hood. At full speed it changes the air every 4 seconds.

Should have all my miners moved into the server room by next week.

Have not paid back my investment and electricity, but making money and getting closer.

1 year later
    #180 3 years ago

What the heck happened? The real bull run in crypto is on. I'm finally ahead and not looking so stupid.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roc-noc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-investment-thread-no-haters-please?tu=roc-noc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.