(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,269 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #438 Bitcoin gain loss chart by month from 2011 to Feb 2021 Posted by Pdxmonkey (3 years ago)

Post #946 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (3 years ago)

Post #3247 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4611 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So...I've talked about this before..with little to no reaction.
Addressable markets:
Bitcoin has won the SoV (Store of Value) narrative. It's the hardest/soundest money in the cryptosphere (although still highly volatile). This much does not seem to be disputed.
"De-Fi Crypto" Ethereum, Solana, Cardano, Polkadot, Algorand....etc...etc...etc... are all competing with each other in the "smart contracts", "NFT's" "gaming" space.
I've heard over and over again (ad nauseaum) how Bitcoin is "old tech", slow, expensive, and not actually used for anything.
Really? Are so many missing the forest for the trees?
The total addressable market for a SoV is over 500T!!!!!!!!!!!! Estimates are that BTC could capture between 50-150T of that market. If you think that's nuts...I don't know what to tell you...DMR (do more research).
The total addressable market for smart contracts, NFT's and gaming combined is maybe 13T
So...not saying you can't make a lot of money in the "De-Fi" space...clearly its possible; it's also a lot riskier. The lions share (over time) is going to BTC, I don't see any way around that. There isn't another crypto even competing with it as a SoV.

So I’ll bite - I’ve seen your earlier posts about $100k BTC by Christmas, which you’ve since retracted (can’t remember your last goal for this - Q2 2022?) I’m super late to this game. Found my coin base account email from 2017 where I setup and never bought anything. UGH the pain. This is about as bad as selling my Netflix for $12 in 2011. So, I’m the worst at picking. Regardless, I’m here now. You seem to have a technical analysis focus - so what are your potential ups and downs for BTC over the next year? As compared to other crypto?

1 week later
#4838 2 years ago

So how’s this week looking? Continued decline or are we setting up for a pop?
Macro(ish) level I just keep seeing lower lows and lower highs off of the big peek. Now the media is screaming crypto bear market. They’ll usually late to the dance so time to buy the dip?

1 week later
#5001 2 years ago

Thoughts on the crypto bottom in or more pain to come?

#5063 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

My plan is to buy btc anytime there is a crash, drop it into Celcius to let it earn 6.2% then ignore it until 2030. No point in trying to time anything and at this point I feel btc is here to stay.

What is Celcius doing with it for that kind of payback? Sorry if that’s a newb question. I still can’t even understand 1/2 the damn acronyms y’all keep using. I’m a straight sucker for nice guaranteed return. What’s the catch?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi?tu=ypurchn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.