(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #438 Bitcoin gain loss chart by month from 2011 to Feb 2021 Posted by Pdxmonkey (3 years ago)

Post #946 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (3 years ago)

Post #3247 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4569 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Question - does anyone think it takes 500B of inflows to raise a market cap by 500B?

The caps are based on the last buying and selling prices multiplied by the total number of shares or units. Like you said “not” total dollars invested.

You are right. If there are a bunch of buyers clicking buy with no sellers this can cause a market cap to rise fast.

It works the other way also.

Crashes - if there are 5 sellers panic selling with market sell orders and there are only 1 buyer on the other side this will do heavy damage to a market cap.

When I first learned this it kind of blew my mind a little about how the markets value a company or commodity etc.. and how pricing can fluctuate so widely and quickly.

1 month later
#5456 2 years ago

Sorry to come in here late as an outsider. Does anyone here do any price charting of Bitcoin or follow anyone who does? Any recommendations? Don’t really need permabull why one should buy and hold info, but more analyst type charting folks following price for possible 2022 price swings to know when to possibly add or lighten.

Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#5462 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

I follow this guy https://www.youtube.com/c/CrashTrading?app=desktop
He has made some pretty accurate calls, both up and down.
He also minted NFT's last week, only 100 and its access to a private discord group. I was incredibly lucky to get on the whitelist, Minted for 0.5Eth and now 7.5 ETH floor price in a week https://opensea.io/collection/crash-trading?tab=activity
I'm not planning on selling as there is pretty good info in the discord group

Thank you! Will check it out. I use charting for stocks as a reference and it helps me and I was wondering if and how the same type of methods apply to some of the higher traded and held coin?

For the stock side this is one analyst I use who gives good insight on overall SaP stock market direction if anyone is interested. He has a service that I subscribe to but his free articles are all that most need. I get no referrals by the way. As we know nothing is 100% and chart folks adjust and because of this are not too wrong if they are wrong. It’s a good market “reference” IMHO. Helped me get out of 2020 looking good. I am now concerned about the “big drop” which may come in the next few years.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4478608-sentiment-speaks-are-we-ready-to-drop-to-4400spx#comment-91170407

Speaking of stock drop I do wonder how Bitcoin or Ehthereum etc will do during and after a large 2008 type stock drop. We may find out within the next few years unfortunately and I do hope I am wrong about this. I want to learn more about crypto pricing for possible entry points, so asked about charting. As I know I just have some GBTC holdings and I do know that is not an ideal way to hold Bitcoin.

Thanks for those who shared links.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.