(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #438 Bitcoin gain loss chart by month from 2011 to Feb 2021 Posted by Pdxmonkey (3 years ago)

Post #946 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (3 years ago)

Post #3247 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

405 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nwpinball. You are on page 1 of 2.
#18 3 years ago

One of the arguments against crypto, oddly enough often from people that collect gold, is that you can't really buy anything with Bitcoin. Now you can tell them, sure you can, a new Tesla!

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/537843-tesla-purchases-15-billion-in-bitcoin-announces-plans

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Tesla (the company) bought 1.5 billion with of Bitcoin this morning.

I did link to an article about it about 8-10 posts up. It sure made BTC jump today and all the rest of the bigger coins got a nice bump.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I really wished I owned more than a fraction of one.

So say we all! Beyond my existing Coinbase account, I ended up buying $2,100 of BTC and ETH in December when Paypal was offering free transactions for a week or two to kick off their crypto service. As of today it's up to $3,888, I'm expecting it will fully double within a week or two. I'm trying to decide if at that point I pull out my initial investment and ride for free or to just leave it all there.

#136 3 years ago

Does anyone get a bonus for turning a friend onto Binance US? I finally stopped using my other Binance account and need to open the American version. Happy to get someone else a little coin if they have one of those kinds of deals.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

But I console myself with the story about the guy in 2010 who paid 10k Bitcoins for two pizzas, because he didn't know either. Also, the reality is that anyone starting in crypto in 2021 is actually STILL early in the process. Early at $50k?! maybe.

My friend mined bitcoin back in the day, he still has a pair of socks he bought online for 3.5 bitcoins. It's loads of fun to joke about. But he also still has like a dozen coins, so I don't think he has a lot of regret.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Reading this thread I also jumped into the pool with a small budget to start (2k).
I have to say though watching the numbers go up/down (mostly down atm) it's very tempting to do this with much higher amounts so I'm wondering how much do you "play" with?

I have about 5K in Crypto currently. But that was about a 2K cash investment originally. Almost all in BTC and ETH.

#269 3 years ago

Gene Simmons has a reputation for being the most terrible customer to wait staff and bartenders, so many stories about him treating service industry people terrible, it's almost like a negative endorsement.

#325 3 years ago

Bitcoin is still up 8% for the week, I don't understand the panic. It easily swings 5-10% in a day, if you've been investing in it for over a month or two, you are still way up and should be getting used to the swings. These are buying opportunities in crypto!

#332 3 years ago

For perspective, when Paypal was offering free transactions at the end of December to launch it's new Crypto wing, I bought $2,100 of BTC and ETH. Right now that account is at $4,345.26. I've more than doubled my money in less than 2 months.

#367 3 years ago

This still doesn't panic me at all, it's normal for crypto and Yellen and Musk's remarks are just the kind of thing that can create good and bad waves. I'm more concerned about the stock market right now dropping so much in the past week. Looking to buy more ETH if it drops a little more.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

More institutional and major holders now

It felt more like penny stocks back then with a lot larger swings and tons of shitcoins with pump and dumps. Not that that stuff doesn't happen now, it just feels like with so many more people holding crypto, especially large institutions, as well as more established coins, the swings have stabilized a bit more.

#461 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Sell for what dollars? Fiat is a losing proposition. I will sell when I have an important appreciating asset to buy...like a home. I would not sell to buy depreciating assets like cars or pinball machines.

I wouldn't call pinball machines depreciating assets, although I suppose it depends what era you collect. I buy Bally/Williams DMD games mostly and they've all doubled to quadrupled in value in the past 15 years. Same thing has happened to 80s arcade games, especially color vectors, they sell at 5-8 times what I bought them for ten years ago.

#477 3 years ago

I know ETH 2.0 is coming but I don't understand how this works, if you have ETH, will it all become ETH 2.0? Coinbase had something about staking your ETH, with no min, for like 7.5%. Trying to decide if I should do that since I'm holding some.

#517 3 years ago

How long does it typically take Binance to clear a BTC deposit? I finally closed my original Binance account and opened a Binance US account last week. I moved $500 of BTC over from Coinbase and I can see it's been received at Binance, but it's still not showing up as tradeable coin many days later. I was hoping to buy some ADA.

And related, if I'd done the transaction with ETC or another coin, would it have happened faster? I've owned crypto for a long time, but I don't move it around very often.

#529 3 years ago

BTC transfers were taking anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes from Coinbase to Binance.US last week. My buddy moved some ETH over the weekend. I think he said they went through in about 5 - 10 minutes.
You want to look at the trading pairs if you're going to be trading. Meaning, don't send BTC to Binance if you want to buy something that only has an ETH trading pair.
Do you have the TX number? We can check it on the blockchain and see if it's been confirmed.

I figured it out with more snooping and feel like an idiot, my Binance balance screen was defaulting to hide balance, clicked the eye graphic and it showed. Thanks!

1 week later
#658 3 years ago

I haven’t been able to bring myself to buy anymore BTC. Let’s say I throw $1,000 into BTC today at $60,000. BTC would need to be $120,000 for me to double my investment.
I just feel like it’s going to get harder and harder for people to put their money into BTC as the price goes up and up.
At $120,000 someone will get 0.00833 BTC. I just can’t see people jumping onto that wagon.
On the other had, if I throw $1,000 at ADA it only needs to hit $2.32 for me to double my investment. I think people will feel like getting 431 coins for their $1,000 at $2.32is worth more than it is to get 0.00833 for the $1,000.

My BTC has more than doubled in the past 3 months, my ADA has not come close.

#711 3 years ago
evolution of bitcoin (resized).jpgevolution of bitcoin (resized).jpg
#753 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just login to pro with your coinbase creds, and transfer your stuff to CB PRO. Literally easiest thing ever.

Woah, I didn't know about Coinbase pro at all. Is there a fee for transfering your coins from Coinbase to CB Pro?

#755 3 years ago

Thanks! Just moved most of my stuff to Pro. MKR and GRT wouldn't move and I left ATOM since it's earning 5% apy, which it looks like it doesn't on Pro.

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

never knew there was a coinbase pro

I'm glad I wasn't alone in this. I think I opened my Coinbase account about 8 years ago and really hadn't used it much until the last 6 months. I'm guessing the Pro version came about when I wasn't really using the account.

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

UNI up to 33.50 from the vortecs alert at 30.60. instant 10% gain!

10% daily swings are normal in crypto though, will it hold for a week or a month is more the question.

#828 3 years ago

Ah, you sold it already, I didn't catch that. I tried day trading crypto a few years ago, I felt the fees and wild swings in the lesser coins made it really hard to be successful at. Good luck!

#855 3 years ago

When I daytraded shitcoins it was pretty similar to what I do with stocks. 90-95% of my investments are long holds in things a believe in, in crypto that's BTC and ETH. The day trading or short term holds were in coins I didn't care that much about long term, but was looking for massive short term gains when they pop for a week or a day. The way I saw it there was never much risk because it wasn't much of my portfolio and there was potential occasional big gains. There were also no taxes on it back then. The reality was I never saw big gains and the pot of money I had for shitcoins slowly shrunk, eventually I got bored, moved it all into BTC and forgot about it. Well, I forgot about it for years until December, when BTC started jumping up and I was curious how much I had sitting on Coinbase and in Binance, that's when I jumped back in a little. This time around I'm buying and holding a few other coins like ADA to see what happens, but mostly just adding more to BTC and ETH on dips or every paycheck and have a nice nest egg of each now.

#880 3 years ago

Honestly, I'm not selling any of my coins for years unless I really need the cash. A downturn in the price of BTC and ETH looks like a buying opportunity to me because the drops are getting smaller and less extreme. We've been on such an upward path for the last year, these swings lower may scare newbies, but they aren't near as extreme as they used to be.

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I don't know anything about this stuff. I just noticed this week that PayPal had a new option to buy crypto and I thought it could be fun to throw money I'm prepared to lose (a few hundred bucks spread across a few different currencies) and watch what happens over time.
Boy did I pick the wrong day/week to jump in. Down almost 15% across the board in a couple days.

In 3 months you will be completely happy with your decision. Crypto fluctuates in big swings, a 15% drop in a day or few weeks is normal, so is a 50% gain in a month or two. I noticed that Paypal was selling it too back in late December and they offered zero fees until the end of the year. I bought $2100 of BTC and ETH, right now it's worth $4100 (and has gone up as high as $4900). Play the long game and you will see nice gains.

#941 3 years ago

This should bump BTC up more... it prompted me to buy more:

"PayPal Holdings Inc will announce later on Tuesday that it has started allowing U.S. consumers to use their cryptocurrency holdings to pay at millions of its online merchants globally, a move that could significantly boost use of digital assets in everyday commerce.

Customers who hold bitcoin, ether, bitcoin cash and litecoin in PayPal digital wallets will now be able to convert their holdings into fiat currencies at checkouts to make purchases, the company said. The service, which PayPal revealed it was working on late last year, will be available at all of its 29 million merchants in the coming months, the company said.

“This is the first time you can seamlessly use cryptocurrencies in the same way as a credit card or a debit card inside your PayPal wallet,” President and CEO Dan Schulman told Reuters ahead of a formal announcement."

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Coinbase IPO April 14th

Thoughts on this? I use Coinbase, I just don't know if they have growing profits or are expanding their business.

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

IMO the huge energy requirements of crypto, and consequent environmental calamity, should be enough to get it banned. Ridiculous. Shameful. Avoidable. If you want anonymous transaction, find a PGP solution FFS. This could be a LOT easier.

By this logic, we should ban gold for similar reasons. I love when someone that's anti-crypto comes here every few weeks and spreads disinformation with righteous morality.

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

What is the annual energy consumption due to crypto mining? It does seem rather wasteful.

What's the annual energy consumption of the stock market, investing companies, hedge funds and the computing behind it all? What's the annual energy consumption of the bank industry, from the construction and running of physical banks, to their employees, to their computing and security needs? Those seem rather wasteful as well, yet you are only pointing the finger at crypto.

1 week later
#996 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I've decided that any time I get paid through PayPal, I'll move the money from PayPal credit into the crypto they offer.
I started out spreading my money evenly between each of the crypto the offer: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin.
I don't sell a ton through PayPal, so this will never be loads of money through this means. It's more for fun and to dip my toe in crypto to see if I can make a few bucks.
I plan to hold everything I put in. Should I continue to spread money across all 4 or should I concentrate on certain ones?

The downside to this is PayPal charges you more for transactions of lower value. You might want to let your PayPal account build up to $200 before making a crypto purchase.

#1026 3 years ago

BTC and ETH pushing new highs today, both up about 10% in the past week. In the past 7 days XRP up 90%, BNB up 45%, XLM up 26%, LTC up 21%, ADA up 10%. Love it. Although I don't see alot of buying opportunities when the crypto market is doing so well.

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Todays highs could look pretty low in a few months. You never know. Next paycheck ill be buying more eth/btc. Fully know it may take a dump for a bit

I'm doing the same, I am starting to go more towards ETH now. I expect both to at least double in the next few years and the opportunities to buy dips to be fewer and fewer.

#1051 3 years ago

I figured with COIN I'd wait a few days to see where the price settles out, IPOs are so unpredictable these days.

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Days like today is when you ADD to your portfolio

Exactly!

#1127 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Thanks for the info. Is there a link or key post for “crypto for dummies” starter post for rookies like me?

1. Open a Coinbase account.
2. Add your bank account, deposit money.
3. Buy Bitcoin and Ethereum, the two biggest coins.
4. Wait for 3 or 4 months and watch your account gain 25-50%, OMG, this shit is awesome!
5. Start buying other coins, open a Binance US account and transfer Bitcoin over from your Coinbase account.
6. Decide you have a more chance of making big money buying cheap lesser coins (AKA "shitcoins"), buy a bunch with your Bitcoin, get really excited as they get pumped and go up 300%, buy more at the peak, then watch the price tumble and you lose most of your money.
7. Then start over and focus on Bitcoin and Ethereum, buying $50-$200 each paycheck each time the price dips.
8. 5 years later realize you have over 50K-100K in crypto and realize your crypto account has grown way faster than your stock investments. Start planning your early retirement.

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm sorry, but this is hilarious. What beef does Binance have with Texas specifically that's not applicable to the rest of the US?
*edit* Found a bit of stuff, including TX issuing a C&D against them a month ago....heh.

Texas is pretty anti-crypto and into heavy regulation of new industries and things the government can't quite understand or doesn't like. They finally let liquor get delivered and shipped to people at their homes after fighting it for years. Pot's still illegal, even for medical use except for a few very explicit medical conditions. But there are ways around it.

#1173 3 years ago

ETH continues to be on fire, within the next 2-3 weeks I expect it to solidly stay above $2,500. I bought a bunch in December when it was around $600. I'll take this medium steady growth with less risk over all the lesser coins I've thrown some cash at.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Anyone else buying on the dip with Bitcoin? I don't really care if it goes lower, it's low enough for me right now. Especially when my ETH and XMR has a lot of buying power compared to a few weeks ago since all my "purchases" are done off the mined stuff.

I'm planning on buying more BTC Monday if the price stays low or drops even more. I'm likely going to start buying some every paycheck and reducing how much goes into stocks, BTC and ETH have been doing much better than the stock market over the past 4 months, wanna invest where the profits are most.

#1180 3 years ago

With coins like Doge and Safemoon, the only way to play it is daytrading or short term holds, much like a Meme stock like GME. But it's always hard to time the market, especially as a hyperider. They will crash and burn and you don't want to be hodl when that happens.

#1216 2 years ago

I just had to down vote you because I was trying to get out 25% about 8 hours before this last "correction". I'll remove it if you want.
It can correct again, once it goes back up to pre-correction pricing and I can get out my 25%.

If the current trend continues, you will be able to take out even more cash at 25% a week from now. I don't really feel like this was big enough to be a correction, this was a pretty normal weekly fluctuation for crypto. It's so tough to try to time the market when you have an external timeline.

#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Binance.us is still a sh*tshow. Been trying to get verified for 10 weeks now... got an email today that say "you are good to go, sorry for the wait, it's been busy here, please login and verify!" I login and see "Pending verification." smh.
I heard the other day that my situation is not unique, the verification process is well known to be, ahem, problematic. I also understand that Binance.us isn't even a subsidiary of Binance, it's an independently run franchise.

I've been waiting in verification for about a month, you aren't alone. You can however buy almost instantly directly from your bank on Coinbase, then send the money to your Binance account. This is the way we all did it in years past, I didn't realize Binance now takes direct deposits until someone mentioned it here. It sure seems like they don't want to take direct deposits though!

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I think between Kucoin and Binance you would have all but a handful of micro currencies. Binance US is a bottom-of-the-barrel exchange though... if you are lucky enough to be outside the U.S. you can use the real Binance.

They seem exactly the same from the interfaces, I had Binance until they made us switch, but haven't noticed any discernable differences. What am I missing?

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Why do you US guys don't use an VPN ?

I use a VPN, but they knew were were from the U.S. by our IDs and bank info and started telling us to move our accounts over in December. My old Binance account is still live, but I'd be worried if I had coins there I wouldn't be able to withdraw them at some point.

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I'm 50% ETH, 25% BTC. It's been working a lot better than if I was heavy in BTC.

I'm 60% BTC, 30% ETH, 10% other. Wish I was more ETH, but I've tripled my investment in just 4 months, so I can't complain.

#1273 2 years ago

I just had to down vote you because I was trying to get out 25% about 8 hours before this last "correction". I'll remove it if you want.
It can correct again, once it goes back up to pre-correction pricing and I can get out my 25%.

And there you go, just 5 days later, crypto is at all time highs again and ETH is on fire . How you waited out the price fluctuation.

#1312 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So you guys really only HODL and never sell to buy more?
I mean ETH is crazy high atm; selling now can most probably get you some more very soon.

ETH isn't going back down significantly ever, this is still buying it cheap. I'm still buying.

#1321 2 years ago

Can Ethereum prices hit $5,000 in a week? That’s what one crypto expert speculates as Ether mints records...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/can-ethereum-prices-hit-5-000-in-a-week-thats-what-one-crypto-expert-speculates-as-ether-mints-records-11620063086

#1324 2 years ago

Most people won't do auto stop losses because of temp market fluctuations like that.

#1361 2 years ago

I mainly collect crypto as an investment to make money on, just like with stocks and property, I want a diversified portfolio, and I don't want to miss out on any opportunities. I don't care much about the blockchain really. And the only things I've bought with bitcoin are poker chips and drugs. So there definitely is some reality to what you are saying, although I think in the next few years now retail will take crypto and it's getting more mainstreamed.

#1363 2 years ago

On a happier note, my largest holding is LINK. Someone lit a fire under it in the last 2 hours.

I just noticed that and realized I had $400 LINK, nice!

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

So if you had to pick one.....
Bitcoin vs Ethereum - Which one is the better investment & why?

I wouldn't pick one. Bitcoin is now owned by many large banks, companies and investment firms, it's the safest crypto and will always increase in value and may increase 5 times it's value in the next couple years. Ethereum is the next most stable coin, has more uses and is likely to increase more in value in both the short and long term, but may have more risk.

I have a couple friends that are pretty new to crypto and have a bunch of cash, they are putting it all in ETH. That might tell you where people see more growth.

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Bitcoin is not backed by anything? How can you compare it to Gold? It's a digital currency.

What's gold backed by? It's intrinsic value is always based on hype and demand. Humans have been putting less value on gold, so it's price has been dropping over the last year. I follow the gold market, it's been on a steady decline since August 6th last year, it's a terrible investment right now and has been a terrible investment long term when compared to stocks and crypto.

#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I see today that Paypal is giving you a $25 credit if you buy $25 in Crypto
Of course, they need your SS# so you can be taxed with yearly 1099-k reporting
So the very reason many would want to get into crypto, decoupling from a government, is now negated
PP is touting low fees, but I'm sure they will jack you up the rear the moment they get a bunch of users on the hook
Be very careful on this one: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/crypto/buy25get25

This is one of the reasons I have Paypal stock, they jumped on the popularity of crypto last year and will make a lot on the transaction fees. People that buy crypto through Paypal don't care about using it, in fact they can't, Paypal only allows for people to buy, hold and sell a few coins. It's purely for people that want to invest in it and plan on reporting taxes.

Don't people expect Coinbase and Binance to start reporting profits and losses from sales to the IRS soon? The U.S. has been asking since last year that we report crypto capitol gains, it's been on the tax forms so you either lie or comply.

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

20 year chart of gold vs stock market (gold is gold line):
[quoted image]

You're right, if you cherry pick a 20 year chart, gold beats the stock market. I'm sure you know as much as or more than I do about the gold market though and are trying to paint a picture that's not exactly true. If you do a 5 year, 10 year, 30 year, or 100 year comparison, the market beats out gold as an investment every time, often quite massively. Many fortunes have been made in the market, quite a few have been made in crypto, very few have been made in gold. And if you are giving investment advice for someone right now, you can't cherry pick an old data point starting 20 years ago and ignore the 1 year, 5 year and 10 year trends that show the opposite. Following current investment trends:
bitcoin>stocks>gold

Data source: https://www.macrotrends.net/2608/gold-price-vs-stock-market-100-year-chart (which I think you also used)

10 year chart, blue is the Market, gold is Gold:

goldvsmarket (resized).pnggoldvsmarket (resized).png
#1457 2 years ago

Anyone have a good read on ADA right now. Seriously thinking of doubling my investment tomorrow. It seems primed for a step up... or a crash.

#1475 2 years ago

Bought more ADA today on the dip... but it might keep dipping!

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

MMMM...? Start with a M and end with a N?

Maiden

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

On Robinhood all you own is an IOU...not actual crypto. To get out of it you have to sell. If you made a profit you will owe short term capital gains taxes on it.
I would sell, move the money to an exchange and roll it into something other than doge...but that's just me.

This. Dogecoin is a meme coin, it likely already had it's pump and dump and is heading back down, I'd be looking to move out of it and move to either an up and coming coin with real purpose like ADA, or a long term coin investment in ETH or BTC, which you can do through Coinbase Pro (Coinbase is a very easy entry point for newbies, much like Robinhood, but only for crypto).

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So what's your coin of choice?

Their can be only one? I'm mostly in BTC, ETH, ADA and ATOM, but have smaller quantities of GRT, MKR, LINK and XLM. I'd say ETH is probably my coin of choice right now, it's gone up a ton since I started buying it.

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Dumped all my ETH back into 228,000 RVN, now to ride another RVN wave as ETH seem stalled at $4100ish

ETH has gone up 25% in the past week, 94% in the past month. It only stalled at $4100 for about 24 hours and is already climbing again. IMHO, ETH is about as sure as a thing as there is in crypto right now if you want your investment to steadily increase.

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Does eth stand for ethereum?
(Sorry, rookie, newbie question)

Ha, yes!

#1541 2 years ago

Everyone starts with coinbase, they have free tutorials to watch to earn about $40 in lesser crypto coins and you can deposit easily from your bank account.

#1557 2 years ago

I'm a fan of both ETH and ADA as investments. I've made a lot more money off of ETH and expect to make alot more, but I'd love to see ADA reach $6 in the next year or two. It's weird how many friends of mine who weren't interested in crypto at all have suddenly bought some ETH in the past couple weeks, there is an influx in demand driving the price up.

#1630 2 years ago
#1645 2 years ago

Thoughts on MATIC? I have some friends into it, it's jumped 25% today.

#1656 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Cardanos hit the $2.00 us mark. Now to see if it can hold it. I imagine there’s lots of people who set that milestone as a sell.
Edit: currently 2.09us. Go ADA go!

I decided to buy more when it hit $1.95... yeah, it pushed right through $2 and is currently at $2.15. It's had a nice run all week.

#1662 2 years ago

While most of crypto is tanking right now (time to stock up on more BTC and ETH), my ADA, MATIC and ATOM are all still climbing. Some friends are big on ONE short term and it seems to be following the pattern of the other 3 currently.

#1664 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Problem I have is I don't get my wire transfer deposit fast enough at the exchanges

If you use CoinbasePro you can do instant transfers from your bank account and they make the funds available immediately. That's what I mainly use as my entry point, then can transfer crypto directly to exchanges like Binance. CoinbasePro doesn't have all the smaller coins, like ONE, but they do have those other 3.

#1714 2 years ago

Last week I bought ada at 1.62us. So even though its gone down the last two days, its currently at 2.03us. So I'm not really seeing this as a dip for Ada just yet. Also, even if I'm not buying, as long as I'm holding my Ada, I'm earning daily through staking. So for now I'm just comfortably watching things, and earning a small bit of Ada as I go.

Yeah, I'm still way up on all my crypto save for the ETH I bought this weekend thinking it wouldn't go any lower. I'll probably do another ETH and BTC buy this week if it continues to drop, I'll buy more ADA if drops down to the $1.80 range.

#1723 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Any one have thoughts on Chainlink/Link?

I only have 7 LINK coins that I bought in the $25-$30 range... a friend is big on it and has 25K invested. It seems to have a lot of promise.

#1730 2 years ago

Good info on buying the Crypto dips:

#1735 2 years ago

I really need to buy more Matic. I just started research Aave today, sounds like an important coin to own.

#1745 2 years ago

How accurate is that site been in it's past predictions? Just a quick glance, it has BTC still under 30 days from now but ETH hitting all time highs, and generally those two coins follow a pretty similar path. It also has Doge at double what it's at now in 30 days.

#1747 2 years ago

Well, like 8 or 10 weeks later, Binance US finally verified me for direct deposits from my bank. Yay, that will cut out the fee from moving crypto from Coinbase to Binance.

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Matic is going parabolic. Bought 900 bucks of it on May 12.

Nice! I bought 80 coins on May 14, sure wish I bought more. Up 47%!

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

While most of crypto is tanking right now (time to stock up on more BTC and ETH), my ADA, MATIC and ATOM are all still climbing. Some friends are big on ONE short term and it seems to be following the pattern of the other 3 currently.

I really wish I'd jumped on buying ONE back when I made this comment!

#1846 2 years ago

I bought more MATIC, ETH and ADA!

#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

what a crazy 24 hours. luckily my bank takes a while to transfer funds and I didnt buy yesterdays dip, so I bought todays dip. But damn this dip was testing my resolve. Crazy. got more eth at 2200, ada at 1.24, matic at 1.58, and eos at 5.17.

These are the all time high prices most of these were at 3 or 4 weeks ago, so in the big picture it's not really that much of a dip. I bet it's fast, so it's smart to see it as a buying opportunity.

#1878 2 years ago

Last chance to buy the tail end of the dip, everything is going back up. Still good buying opportunity.

#1881 2 years ago

At first I wasn't too thrilled with the dip, but now that prices are recovering quickly and I have an extra 400 ada, I'm ok with it lol

This is the way!

#1882 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I picked up some link at $27.79 some ADA at $1.51 and just for fun some Doge for .34 yesterday

I really thought about Doge too because it doesn't seem to be going away. But my logic brain was still fighting me. I still think it's going to go to .80 within a month, you just have to time selling it right.

#1887 2 years ago

I just leave my coins on Binance, Coinbase and CoinbasePro and have since I started years ago. I've always felt the hard wallet was overly complicated and I have a bigger chance of losing my coins using one than I do leaving my money on a well-established exchange. Plus you can earn staking and APR with certain coins on certain exchanges. But I only have 10K in crypto, I might change my mind on this when I have 50K.

#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

shout out to everyone who understands crypto, like stocks, is basically gambling with your fun money.
LOL at everyone tweeting to Elon Musk that they believed him that they'd get free money and are very upset at losing their shirt.

I don't buy the analogy. When I play poker, I usually win, because I've spent years reading people and learning the game. When I play craps, it's more random and not a game of skill, but more luck. With stocks, I don't feel it's gambling at all, I invest in companies that make money or have potential for growth, if you invest in the stock market long term it's always profitable, very much unlike gambling. With crypto, it more like investing in start up companies, you are investing based on potential for growth, realizing some will fail, that still seems far more of a successful plan than a game of chance, especially if you do your homework and follow the trends.

#1907 2 years ago

I didn't use or log into my Coinbase account for 3 or 4 years in which I switched laptops and phones and had no passwords saved. 6 months ago when I decided to access that account again, it was relatively easy to go through their security protocols, wait through the verification process, and have access to my bitcoin again. I appreciated both the security protocols and the ease of accessing my funds again. Waiting 72 hours probably seems a lot different to someone that's younger or newer to crypto, that seemed pretty normal to me.

#1908 2 years ago

"A Mysterious Bitcoin Whale who sold 3000 Bitcoins at 58K$, Bought back 3521 Bitcoins in the last three days"
https://itsblockchain.com/bitcoin-whale-bought-3521-bitcoins/

Is it Musk?

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I don't see how anybody would be surprised that China doesn't like crypto. Communism is all based on centrallization. The whole decentralization thing is totally incompatible with it. (Of course, is it really decentralized, and so on and so forth, is a whole different discussion).
I think that's really where the "bitcoiners/maximalists" (can't say I'm one of them, but I think I understand the mindset) differ from the "investors". Investors want widespread acceptance, bitcoiners want to fight government control, as I understand it.

To be fair, the United States government doesn't like crypto either, it doesn't benefit our crony capitalism either.

#1951 2 years ago

I bought $800 more of ETH and $200 more of ADA a couple hours off today's dip's bottom. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple days.

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I have no interest in supporting Bitcoin, I am just asking peoples opinions on economic stability. My time is spent with my family, not chasing money. Don't take that as anything against you, we all have different interests.

You are on the wrong thread then.

#1969 2 years ago

So is anyone buying right now? I can't see the bottom going much lower. Thinking about scooping up more where the bargains are, but there's alot of red out there.

#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So Bitcoin is a valuable asset . . . that you cannot actually see or touch.
Sounds just like the Emperor's new clothes.

How often do you actually touch your paycheck, your money in your checking account, your IRA, your pension, your insurance, or your stock investments? Do you have to touch or see something for it to exist or have value? Do you believe in God? Do you live in the modern world?

#2074 2 years ago

ADA is currently at $1.35, finally back in the profit zone for me. Wish I bought this dip a little lower, but still pretty happy with how much I picked up while the prices were low IF it continues to rebound.

#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Just wading into crypto after sitting on the sidelines for a few years. Picked up a handful of Ethereum yesterday after a few Arnold Palmers when it was around 1.8k. Speculative indulgence purchase only. A get rich quick(ish) investment for the inner degenerate gambler Ive never been able to kill off.

Nice work, you perfectly timed the bottom. I doubt ETH will ever be that low again.

#2108 2 years ago

Now this is what I’m talking about!
A smart contract platform sitting on a layer 2 scaling solution utilizing Chainlink oracles to feed off chain data into the contract allowing the contract to self execute.
https://www.coindesk.com/augur-adds-sports-betting-with-launch-of-polygon-based-augur-turbo
Pick a few platforms that reach mass adoption for what lives on their blockchain and we’ll all be retiring early. This is what I see in crypto, not the currency part. That’s just used to fund the platform.
A couple will go on to become payment solutions, most will fail, but a few will change the way data is stored and utilized. That’s what I’m after.

I'm in on both LINK and MATIC for modest amounts already, excited to see where this can go.

#2113 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Crypto starting to recover...been buying $ETH here and there all day. Selling when it goes down more than once in a 5 minute period and than rebuying once the dip settles. Inched my way up 0.2 ETH doing it and have more than I did earlier today for less $$.
It's testing the $2750 mark pretty hard right now.

Nice work, I don't have the patience to day trade crypto anymore, but there is certainly money to be made doing that.

#2120 2 years ago

Has anyone dove into buying new coins via Uniswap from Coinbase Wallet or Metamask? I'm just starting to see what it's all about an trying to grasp slippage and gas fees and it seems pretty expensive to do a transaction for some pretty chance-y shitcoins, but you do get in early at cheap cost per coin before they end up on exchanges.

#2140 2 years ago

Where are you staking DOT at 12%?

2 weeks later
#2450 2 years ago

So is everyone rich & retired off Crypto yet?

Nah, but my crypto investments have gone up over 300% in the past 2 years, if my stock investments had done as well I actually would be retired now!

#2455 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I would hope that Bitcoin beats gold mining by a mile in terms of ecological impact - that’s a pretty dirty business.

And it sure beats gold as an investment. Gold has been on a downward trend for almost a year and never been a very good investment.

#2458 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

What? You mean gold isn't the material of choice for rappers' teeth any more?

I think it's always been an old wealthy white people's game. The odd twist is I'm in an investor group of younger people that's entirely focused on crypto and metals. These tech millionaires are buying up silver and gold bars and losing money on it, but their crypto tips have been good. I realize it's a hedge, but I just think investing in metals is a waste of money. Crypto and the stock market will make you more money. But then, I'm not a tech millionaire, so I'm still trying to stack up money to get there.

#2460 2 years ago

Can you move money into BinanceUS for free? I'm either taking a hit moving crypto from Coinbase Pro or using a debit card to direct deposit. What am I missing? I can deposit money into Coinbase and Coinbase Pro directly from my bank account with zero fees. I'm trying to figure out how to minimize transaction fees when buying and selling crypto, any advice would be welcome!

#2463 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

And yet...no one is screaming from the rooftops about gold's energy consumption.

Gold mining is one of the most destructive industries in the world. It can displace communities, contaminate drinking water, hurt workers, and destroy pristine environments. It pollutes water and land with mercury and cyanide, endangering the health of people and ecosystems. The people that profit from gold have done a great job about keeping the focus on other industries besides theirs.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/environmental-disaster-gold-industry-180949762/

#2484 2 years ago

So after this recent Crypto increase, everyone here has to be rich now right?

You seem to keep posting the same thing every day. Why bother? Just to be a jerk or is there something more to it?

#2517 2 years ago

What are your crypto moves in today's pretty flat market? I keep adding ADA little by little when it's below $1.50 and just doubled my stake in ATOM on Coinbase because it's pretty low and earns 5%. Still trying to stick to the bigger coins, probably will keep adding to ETH as well.

#2587 2 years ago

Loading up on more ADA and ETH, not sure if this is the bottom, but these are good prices.

#2588 2 years ago

I bought more Ada tonight at 1.16, and it’s currently back to 1.26. Just another $200 buy though, in case it decides to drop even more.

ADA at 1.16 was a steal, I got it at 1.22.

#2623 2 years ago

Analysts are predicting that a decisive move sub $30,000 will lead to things unraveling down to around $14,000.
Has anyone decided to stop the hemorrhaging, or is everyone just praying that it will go back up before the government shuts down the off ramps?

I'm surprised you panic so much at drops when you've been investing in crypto for many years. I feel like this is pretty normal fluctuations for crypto right now. Stay calm and crypto on.

#2661 2 years ago

Yeah, all my coins are up and I'm glad I bought the ADA dip.

#2668 2 years ago

Did anyone else buy AMP on Coinbase after doing the quizzes and getting $3 worth free? I bought $100 worth just to see what happens, it's up 5%, but most of my coins are up alot more than that in the past day or two.

#2688 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Isn’t staking in general kind of pointless in an asset that moves 10% a day? We all know that most crypto’s are going to zero eventually, it just seems pointless...

I love it when people say "we all know" when they are only speaking for themselves and their opinion is totally nuts.

#2732 2 years ago

4 positive days of growth in all my crypto accounts... I like where this seems to be headed.

#2756 2 years ago

I'm currently at 50% BTC, 30% ETH, 10% ADA, 5% ATOM, and 5% between MATIC, LINK, AMP and XLM. Still mostly in the big 2, but willing to gamble a bit more with some of the bigger alt coins.

#2759 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I put $200 into SAFEMOON at launch and it’s worth about $11k currently. At ATH it was $41k. Pretty decent return!
I was greedy and didn’t take profits, but if it ever makes it back, I sure as hell will.

Why not sell it now with a huge profit? Do you think it's going to go much higher? I'm curious. I have a friend that's bought a lot of these kinds of coins, his strategy is to ride the hype and sell quickly. He says their worth is all hype and to make money off them, the most important thing is to not hold too long and to cash out before the hype fades too much. He then moves the profits into BTC and ETH.

1 week later
#2800 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Doubtful…
Look at who has offered crypto services this last year…Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Fidelity, Goldman Sachs, and Fidelity by backing Gemini. Coinbase was added to the Nasdaq…
You think this and the tax revenue from crypto is going away?

My Fidelity account also tracks my Coinbase account with my other investments, which very much legitimizes crypto as an investment.

#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's the thing...many people like to gamble. Speculation is NOT the same thing as adoption. Any way to tell the difference?
Also, this is concerning:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/israel-seizing-cryptocurrency-wallets-palestinian-124303344.html

Everything Israel does to Palestinians is concerning.

#2810 2 years ago

Anyone still buying?
3 month gains = -53%
Ouch!

I plan on buying as soon as this dip starts pointing upwards for a day or two. It's what I do every time.

#2811 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh really? Might have to see if mine could do that. I have them for some of my retirement accounts.

It's super easy to set up. Use their web version and log into your Fidelity account, the left column lists your investment accounts and below them has a link for "Add Non-Fidelity Accounts". Click it, the only option is Coinbase and it sends you to Coinbase to log in, after you do it loads your Coinbase info into Fidelity along with your Fidelity investments. If you are daytrading or monitoring your stocks often, it's nice to see your Coinbase investments at the same time.

#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Far from me being a booster in this thread, you only have to go back 1 year to see how much ridiculously higher bitcoin is now. Last July 19th it was $9k, so we're still talking a price tripling the span of a year. If you believe in BTC go in for a 5 year timeframe.

This. Anyone that's been buying crypto and holding longer than January of this year should still be quite up in their crypto holdings. I think people just got excited when so many all time highs hit for BTC, ETH and lesser coins and started thinking they'd be rich short term, instead of long term. I'm still 200% up or more on everything I bought before this past March. Although I totally understand if you are a newbie and bought in this year totally feeling the pain.

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

It can happen and will happen and you can’t do shit about it in a unregulated market. Good luck getting any thing back from half these exchanges if they decided to close your account.

I've had Binance and Coinbase accounts for at least 6 years and really had zero problems moving coins or money in and out. On the other hand, during the great recession, when my bank failed in 2008 (Washington Mutual, the biggest bank failure in history), it took weeks, possibly months, to recover my money. When a company fails that you are invested in, do you recover your money? If you are scared of the risks of investing in crypto, don't invest in crypto. And don't invest in high growth stocks either. Stick with safe index funds and grow your money more slowly.

#2912 2 years ago

Everything is shooting up today/tonight, I made some small buys right as I saw it starting. Great week for the Market and crypto.

#2924 2 years ago

Amazon is rumoured to be announcing accepting crypto soon as payment, as well as introducing their own coin in the future. It’s rumoured that the first four cryptos it will accept Are Bitcoin, ethereum, cardano and Bitcoin cash.

If this is true, Cardano is about to break out. Heck, it is right now, glad I loaded up this past week. Bitcoin is up close to 12% in the last 24 hours, was there some news I missed? Or all on the Amazon rumors?

2 weeks later
#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Well no choice to get a bit political here - I don't know much about Ted Cruz specifically - but right leaning politics are usually about less intrusive government and less concerned about environmental issues while left leaning is the other way around.Thus makes sense that the republican side of the aisle would be more pro-crypto.
(Caricaturing and oversimplifying here, of course)

I don't think that model holds up still, today's GOP tends to want to over-regulate personal liberties and under-regulate businesses and the Democrats tend to want the opposite, but they both like the heavy hand of government on their issues. Ted Cruz in particular is very self-interested and tends to do only things to improve his power, wealth and fame, I don't think for a minute he cares about the underlying issues of crypto like decentralized banking like we do.

#3067 2 years ago

Can I just post what I always post?
I wish I had more.

I bought a lot of ADA when it was around $1.20 a couple weeks ago, it's becoming one of my biggest crypto investments. I'm hoping to watch it pop above $2 and stay there on this run.

#3103 2 years ago

My crypto accounts accumulated total just hit their all time high this hour, woo! Haven't been here since early May.

#3125 2 years ago

When do people think the next pullback will be? Things have been running hot for a few days and I'm thinking of selling some of my lesser coins, waiting for a pullback, and putting it all into BTC, ETH and ADA.

#3129 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

But I think its a safe bet we see a lot of these alt coins collapse at some point.

Agree. My main reason for buying shitcoins/altcoins is hoping they pop big for a moment and then to sell them. I missed that boat with Dodge and honestly am pretty bad at paying attention to what's new but not a scam and about to pop. Altcoins generally for me are not a long term play.

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

This is what I have done too, figure maybe somehow one of them will skyrocket and I'll end up with $300 from my free $3

I tend to do this, I think both MKR and GRT went up to like $45 before I transferred them into ETH.

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I agree with this. In just the last year I have *lost* about 50k in available credit lines when companies shut them due to non use(TD, US Bank, Santander, Best Buy). Last weekend I took the stack of cards out of my desk drawer an used each one for for a small purchase and now I track the dates of last activity with the rest of my finances.
FICO weighs Revolving Utilization heavily and it doesn't care if you lose available credit or rack up more debt. It just knows your percent utilization is on the rise.

I have two, one I have doing all my autopayments/online payments for Amazon and stuff. The other I use for shopping, bars, restaurants and all in person stuff. I barely use checks and cash at all and never use my debit card since each earn 2% cash back and I pay off both each month no matter what. They keep raising the limits.

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Have you looked into the Fold card?
I’m double dipping and paying my CC off with their debt card and earning another 1.5-2% on paying my CC. They’re also giving me Sats (Bitcoin) as a reward. I buy all my Amazon purchases with the gift cards from Fold which are rewarded 5-6%. Downside is it cost $150 annual fee but if you use it enough it quickly covers that.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out! My online card is actually an Amazon Chase Visa, so I do already get 5% back on Amazon purchases and I think 3% on gas, which is helpful, I camp and take road trips alot.

#3218 2 years ago

Loving the run up on ADA, it's currently at $2.63 and BTC is looking to break 50K. My crypto account balances are now double what they were a month ago, woo!

#3241 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I haven’t heard of a savings account yielding over 7% since the Carter administration.

I had a 5% on your first $500 and variable rate after that from Boeing Employees Credit Union, but that went away during last year's recession.

1 week later
#3283 2 years ago

What are your moves this week? I feel like everything is holding pretty steady right now with ETH slowly continually climbing and I can't tell which way the crypto market is heading, so I'm really not doing anything. Prices seem too high to buy more BTC, ETH and ADA.

#3309 2 years ago

Today has shaped up to be a damn fine day.

My crypto accounts have been hitting all time highs frequently lately, I'm lovin' it, but also shy on buying more. Although I did pick up $400 worth of Dot the other day and it's been going up.

#3313 2 years ago

Just a few weeks ago I was wondering if ADA would cross the $2 mark, today it crossed the $3 mark briefly. It's been on a tear since dropping to around $1.15 in June.

#3316 2 years ago

I just got an email from Celsius about a bunch of promotions they are running if you transfer certain assets and let them sit for 30 days. You'd also earn the interest it appears at the same time. Might be good for some double dipping.
Transfer $400 UNI and get $60 in UNI
Transfer $400 BNB and get $40 in BNB
Transfer $400 ADA and get $40 in ADA
Transfer $200 in USDC or USDT and get $50 in BTC
Stuff like that......
https://celsius.network/promotion-rules?utm_campaign=Stablecoins+Promo+09.02.21+USA&utm_content=Stablecoins+Promo+09.01.21+USA

Why are they incentivizing it so heavily, to get people to use their platform? I haven't used Celsius before, is it safe?

#3324 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My crypto portfolio has increased 84% since July 20th. If you're holding a lot of alts like ADA, SOL, or even ETH... I'm sure you've done much better than that.

Yeah, in that time frame mine has increased 225%. At this point I mostly hold ADA and ETH.

#3333 2 years ago

Oooh, tell me more about this set up. Looks like $600 for the miner + antenna and it mines like $100 worth of crypto a month?

#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

My friend is pulling about 80 helium tokens a month. You can look at the map online and see what the miners in your area are making.

Looks like 8-10 in my hood... lots of zeros or very low amounts, but the people that seem to be up and running are consistently pulling in at least 8. At $23 a coin, the miner would pay itself off in 3 months and then be into profit. That seems like something I should do! Is it hard to set up? I know nothing about mining.

#3340 2 years ago

OK, I'm game to try this, just ordered the Bobcat miner. 12-20 weeks is a long wait... plenty of time to figure out what antenna to buy and install it on my roof. This is my area map, the hex I live in has no miners, but most all of the surrounding ones do... so I think that's a good situation?

helium map (resized).pnghelium map (resized).png
#3343 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hm, I think the other reason I balked on this previously was the fact you can only pay Bobcat in crypto. That's one thing for something I trust, but for someone sending out stuff on a 20 week lead time.....uh....that's a lot of time that stuff could just suddenly not show up and money disappears with no recourse. Ugh.

Yeah, it felt a little dicey, but people are getting the machines. And they now do an easy direct purchase through Coinbase.

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I know I'm out of the loop, but what in the actual fuck?

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Wild speculation
But today is first official day Bitcoin is accepted currency in El Salvador. Could be a push back.

I thought there was some Reddit plan for a few million people to buy BTC today to help support what was happening in El Salvador.

#3386 2 years ago

So right now may be a good buying opportunity if that was as far as things were dropping.

#3391 2 years ago

Have you tried CoinbasePro?

#3414 2 years ago

Charles Petersen, who shot Nirvana, Soundgarden and a lot of late 80s/early 90s bands has done some of his photos as NFTs. That finally sparked my interest in them.

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Nice write up featuring Cardano (ADA)
https://sundaeswap-finance.medium.com/concurrency-state-cardano-c160f8c07575
Big upgrade tomorrow.
Anybody making plays?
Pump or dump this week?

I sold some of mine at close to $3, then bought it back and more when it dropped back below $2.50. It's on a downward trend right now at $2.44. I'll probably buy more if it hits the $2.25 range.

#3550 2 years ago

ATOM is on fire right now, I bought some on Coinbase mainly to earn the 5% interest, it's more than doubled since then.

#3590 2 years ago

The $2,000 I blew on my shitty cartoon picture is now worth $3,000 4 days after purchase. You can be sarcastic all you want, but I'll do that all day long.

Are you selling it or hanging on to it? Is there a window where you need to sell before the value crashes or does it keep growing with NFTs right now?

#3624 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

From the outside looking in, it sure seems like this stuff is made entirely too complicated and convoluted.

Agree. I feel that way about investing in general, it's complicated enough that most people don't want to spend the time to learn and understand it. So rich people hire people to do that part for them and tend to make the most money. And your average Jane maybe invests in some index funds.

#3660 2 years ago

Every time I check my Cosmos/ATOM holdings on Coinbase I bought for the 5% APY, it keeps climbing. Anyone else holding it? I bought it in the $15 range and it's up around $40 now.

#3695 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I still own 99.8% of all the crypto I've ever purchased. Only time I sold was to buy other crypto (ETH for more BTC, and LTC for MATIC). The upside is still too great over the long haul. I buy the dips and hodl.

This is me too. I bought a Helium minor with some and have moved some from one coin to another, but I've never cashed any out. And I'm a smalltime investor, but it's growing into a decent nest egg.

1 week later
#3858 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I feel like with the attention span of the majority of people involved in NFT's such as these, your window of opportunity is fleeting. Meaning, the longer they've been around, the majority have moved on to the next big thing, that basically these are all hype based - read: social media, rather than any actual popularity/desire, and that after a few months they won't be worth much of anything.

Similar to MEME stocks and coins, gotta ride the hype and try to time the peak. I feel like Spyderturbo007 needs to embrace selling at a profit instead of HODL until it's a loss. I understand hoping something is going to moon you into being a millionaire, but that ain't how most millionaires make their bank. It takes a lot of work and moves and time. Gambling usually leads to losses. There is no way I'd HODL these NTFs more than a few weeks.

#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

After reading through everyone's NFT posts on here, I decided to give it a shot this week and bought some CryptoHoots Steampunk Parliament. If I sold them right now it would pay for my Godzilla LE. Crazy...

Sell them, don't wait for the price to bottom out. Take your profit where you can.

#3861 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I disagree with sell them all…when Doge broke out past a penny everyone on Pinside screamed sell…
I had $700 that turned to $8000 and I sold all around 0.06 for Doge because everyone (not just here) said sale sale sale. At the highest that 6k would have been about 70k today that same 8k would be worth about 20k.
If I could have gone back I would have sold some but kept some too. That is how I’m playing NFTs and now I have some NFTs and also a paid for Godzilla LE.

Sure, we all have these stories with investing. I mean, geeze, I sold a bunch of the Amazon shares I bought at $17 originally and had split a few times for $450 because I was sure it wouldn't get any higher. But long term, with MEME and hype stocks, coins and investments, if you are playing that game, there is a window of opportunity that closes pretty quick. I sold my Gamestop I bought for $15-$45 a share for $350 and I was super happy with timing it right, I ain't gonna HODL anything for long that's a hyperider.

#3870 2 years ago

Not sure why I got singled out on this one? You've taken shots at me before in this thread and I've let it go. You have no clue what I'm doing with my investments or what transactions I'm making.

I'm sorry, you're right, I think I let all the NFT talk get me annoyed. I apologize. I see NFTs as incredibly risky and I just want everyone to make money.

#4050 2 years ago

I currently don't hold much BTC, I sold off some of mine and put it in ADA and ETH a while back. Which worked out great with the ADA, it's done quite well for me.

#4062 2 years ago

I still know nothing about this NFT stuff, but also reported it stolen in hopes a bunch of reports will help you recover it. I think one of the reasons why I've shied away for the more murky and risky crypto investments and transactions is I'd do something like this while trying to figure it out.

#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Anybody got any other interesting collectibles they are into that usually appreciate in value? (Besides the obvious current NFT craze).

Vinyl records and other music memorabilia like concert flyers. I've collected since highschool, I bought alot of punk and underground vinyl in the 80s and 90s, selling some of it is how I funded some of my larger pinball purchases. I still buy records, but not at the volume I used to. I recently sold a signed Nirvana single for $4,000 to a huge local Nirvana collector.

#4107 2 years ago

I still have a lot of comics, I should get a few of them graded and sell them, but I fear most are worthless at this point.

#4159 2 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Besides the NFT talk (pretty interesting btw) ...
Pretty nice returns on the portfolio overall .... except Cardano, what's up with that ?

I'm still way up on my ADA, I do wish I'd sold over $3 and bought back in when it got down to $2.05 though.

#4176 2 years ago

Now we are really getting into the gambling on Crypto, like crypto-haters always accuse us of

#4212 2 years ago

I usually have about 5-7K in BTC, ETH and ADA on Coinbase Pro. I'm not worried about it at all. Coinbase does have it's own software wallet, but I'm not really sure that's any safer than leaving it on Coinbase (which is pretty safe, it's been around forever, is now public, and like Astropin said, it hasn't been hacked).

#4236 2 years ago

Can we talk about staking? The only staking I've done so far is with ATOM on Coinbase at 5%, I just got a notice I earned by first $25 today. I'd like to get on higher staking and I know some of you have some fairly complex staking going on, what's earning you the most?

#4271 2 years ago

I haven't bought more BTC since December 2020, but I've definitely bought more ETH this year and I'm so happy I did, stuff I bought in July has doubled in value in 3 months. And the ETH I bought at the end of last year in the $400 range has increased 10X. None of my other crypto has increased steadily like that to such a high value.

#4274 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Umm in one year time ADA out preformed Eth…sol crushed it, Doge too.
I’m not saying you can make money on alts and shit coins. Actually you can make a lot more but you can also lose a lot more too.
What I called foolish is not understanding how evaluations from market cap and total supply are calculated.

Oh, I have a lot of alt coins too, I was just saying it's not too late to profit with BTC and ETH. I'm heavy on ADA, have a decent chunk of ATOM, and smaller amounts of Matic, Amp, Xlm, and a few others. I haven't sold any of my ADA yet, I'm still buying it when it dips.

#4288 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

VRA and ONE have cranked over the last few days. From what i'm reading VRA is only just warming up. currently at 8c, quite a few are suggesting $1. Might see if i can free some cash up to drop some more into it

I finally just bought some ONE today after watching it climb and climb.

#4289 2 years ago

How is everyone feeling about the crypto market right now with everything near all time highs? For the most part I'm not buying, except for picking up some ONE, since the prices feel high.

I'm hoping it holds and pushes higher. I still have a few grand of ETH I bought on Paypal last year when they were doing no fee purchases to launch crypto sales, I'm looking to sell it at an ETH high so I can move it into real crypto exchange.

#4297 2 years ago

I get the impression that with NFTs the enthusiasm/popularity/hype is pretty important, alot like meme coins. And it's all about timing, popularity, and selling at the height of enthusiasm before people move onto the next big thing to maximize your profit. Are there many NFTs that are holding there value over months?

#4309 2 years ago

Everything except SHIB is on sale today.

#4340 2 years ago

What's the most any of you have made off of selling an NFT?

#4342 2 years ago

I've been really terrible at timing my recent crypto buys. Feeling a little left out I finally bought some ONE and SHIB in the past few days and both had pretty decent drops in value within 24 hours of purchase. And I bought more ADA a few weeks ago when it dropped down to $2.14 only to see it keep dropping. Not worried about the ADA, but I know SHIB is a total gamble. Luckily everything else is way up.

#4344 2 years ago

Interesting! How big a contract? Looks like 5K gives you some break.

#4365 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Only one person gets to cash out

Ha ha ha ha ha!

#4366 2 years ago

I'm sticking to my time tested strategy of HODL. Unless I get the bug up my ass that I want a midlife crisis sports car and then I sell some and buy the car. I'm not rich yet, but its been fun.

That's been my strategy with BTC and ETH, but when I dabble in smaller coins, I always have a shorter term exit plan because I think most of them are going to have big peaks and valleys... and most will probably eventually fail.

#4371 2 years ago

ETH is sure on a nice upward trajectory right now. It's gone from 3K to 4.4K over the last month.

#4420 2 years ago

What are people's thoughts on AABBG, the gold backed token? I picked up some AABB stock back in August, it's been on fire the past couple days as they are launching their exchange. But I don't know anyone that's actually bought the coin.

#4422 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Wouldn't it just move in tandem with golds price?

Seems like it... which then begs the question, why not just buy gold instead? From their website:

"The minimum token price is linked to the current spot price of gold, which means the token benefits from the lower volatility of gold relative to the cryptocurrency space, offering a sense of stability. Given fears of devalued fiat currencies, the bull case for gold remains intact, and AABBG could also rise as a function of increasing gold prices. As the price of gold fluctuates, the floor for AABBG token can change, but the potential upside price of the token will be driven by market demand."

#4425 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Squid Game crypto crashes…massive rugpull.

Feels like it's living up to the show it was based on.

#4432 2 years ago

Anyone else watching LRC/Loopring blow up today on GME rumors? I picked some up when I saw the pump happening, will probably dump in the next 48 hours. But those GME fans are slow and late and love to bag hold, it's making a bunch of Robinhood GME noobs jump into crypto, so it might continue to moon for a few days.

#4473 2 years ago

I doubt NFT's are dead, but their pricing usually seems to follow a similar cycle as a meme stock. Lots of hype at first drives the price up for a few days or weeks, then the hype fades as people get excited about the next project and move on. If I own a meme coin or meme stock and miss selling at the ATH and am slowly watching it lose value, I sell at a loss and move on. Heck, I do that with regular stocks. Not sure why I'd treat an NFT differently. And I buy some risky stuff, I bought some SHIB too close to the top, but like a stop loss with a stock, when it dropped 20%, I sold it and bought ETH. Quite happy with that decision as the ETH has more than made up for the loss.

#4475 2 years ago

So when ETH switches from PoW to PoS, will the gas prices drop significantly and move people away from SOL and back to ETH?

#4493 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Dang what’s going on with helium?

I really wish my miner would get here.

#4518 2 years ago

I ordered mine on 9/4/21. No sign of shipping yet.
Did everyone order a longer antenna for it and try and stick the antenna on the roof?

I ordered the day before you, same boat. I did order an 8dbi antenna, I've been planning on sticking it on a 10 foot pole on my roof one of these days. I'd like to have it all set up before the miner arrives. But it sounds like that may be awhile still.

#4519 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Anyone else watching LRC/Loopring blow up today on GME rumors? I picked some up when I saw the pump happening, will probably dump in the next 48 hours. But those GME fans are slow and late and love to bag hold, it's making a bunch of Robinhood GME noobs jump into crypto, so it might continue to moon for a few days.

I picked up 220 LRC the day after I posted this and it had dropped in price. It's been slowly gaining with all crypto, but today the pump is on and it's jumped 36%. I'm in that familiar situation where I'm trying to decide if I should sell or buy more.

#4521 2 years ago

Everything is on fire right now, all time highs left and right.

#4524 2 years ago

Can you post a link to the antenna you bought?

Yeah, it's this one... I have no idea how it will work, but it was the tallest one I could find with decent reviews from Helium miners:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09D53VX86/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00

#4526 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I picked up 220 LRC the day after I posted this and it had dropped in price. It's been slowly gaining with all crypto, but today the pump is on and it's jumped 36%. I'm in that familiar situation where I'm trying to decide if I should sell or buy more.

I ended deciding to buy more LRC after seeing a zillion GME fans hype it on r/CryptoCurrency, gonna ride the hype wave a little longer into the green, but I'm ready to sell it pretty quick if it pumps more and to cash in on the profits.

#4530 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I ended deciding to buy more LRC after seeing a zillion GME fans hype it on r/CryptoCurrency, gonna ride the hype wave a little longer into the green, but I'm ready to sell it pretty quick if it pumps more and to cash in on the profits.

LRC up another 44% today and still climbing

#4532 2 years ago

I remember adding that to my FTX app back when it was ~$0.20. I ended up not buying any though.

I bought it at $0.99 last Monday and then again at $2.15 yesterday. At $3 I expect a lot of people to cash out, but it's hundreds of thousands of GME fans buying it on a rumor and maybe they won't sell?

#4546 2 years ago

We are on the verge of BTC 70K and ETH 5K, possibly in the next couple days.

#4579 2 years ago

I was torn between ordering a 5.8dbi and 8dbi. But I have water on one side of me so I figured I need a further reach the other directions. And from the top of my roof I can see at least one direction 4 or 5 miles of city. I figure if I throw in on a 10 foot pole and it's a 4 foot antenna, and 8dbi should pick up more. We will see when my miner arrives.

Also, it would be cool if I picked up miners on the islands and land across the water, the first one is only 5 miles out.

#4594 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Last I checked you can’t send Bitcoin using PayPal. Only buy and sell it within there site. They don’t even give you a wallet address to send to. So aren’t you really just buying IOUs from PayPal?
Maybe it’s changed but that’s how I remember it.

This is correct, I bought some when they first offered it in late 2019 because there were no fees and some kind of incentive, I think $20 of BTC. They talked like they were going to expand it's use more, but then never did.

Also, Paypal will track your crypto buys and sales, and possibly send that info to the IRS, they say they will send you a 1099-B. So if you are trying to avoid taxes with your crypto, you can't with Paypal. I'm pretty sure Coinbase and Binance will be doing something similar this year as well.

#4604 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211115-073433-01 (resized).jpegScreenshot_20211115-073433-01 (resized).jpeg
#4629 2 years ago

Sold my LRC last night as it was starting to trend downward and I wanted to take my 250% profit. Took the money and bought ETH and ALGO since both were down a bunch on the dip and I'm expecting both to turn around quick.

#4643 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

One month chart looks nice. If it does half as good as BNB is doing then it’s a good buy. Personally I don’t have any exchange tokens, but I’ve watched BNB do really well.
I do like crypto as an exchange they got some odd ball stuff. Recently got an account just to buy Sand…

I only have BNB tokens because the buying and selling fees on Binance are 25% less if you pay them in BNB. That was a smart way for them to get adoption.

#4648 2 years ago

What's GYEN? Coinbase Pro gave me an alert that do to unusual activity I might not be able to buy it. I checked it out, it's up 350% today.

#4649 2 years ago

11 months later after buying a small amount ETH on Paypal, I'm up roughly 350%.

Crypto (resized).pngCrypto (resized).png
#4663 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’m interested in the gaming space…
My few gaming NFTs are doing pretty good this week. Do you have any cryptos that I can research?
I’m familiar with Axie and a few Solana ones.
Sand is crushing it.

Where can I buy SAND? I don't see it on CoinbasePro or Binance. I think it's time I opened a new crypto account at one of the other exchanges.

ALGO has been good for me in this downturn, although it spiked big last night, if I was paying attention I would have sold it.

#4666 2 years ago

Interesting, I have Coinbase Wallet and I have just been stashing crypto there, I didn't realize you can trade from there. Tested it out, absolutely could do it, but got a warning about the high gas fees right now and cancelled it.

I'll probably open a Crypto.com account. Anyone benefit from giving me an invite code?

#4735 2 years ago

Someone mentioned doing this miner a few weeks ago, did anyone go for it? https://www.planetwatch.us/

The air sensors are all kinda pricey and don't get the greatest reviews, plus a bunch are sold out. Plus their coin isn't worth very much yet. It feels a little sketchy to me, but I'm looking for more passive ways of making income.

#4741 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

https://crypto.com/app/jrmanjg2n6 to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $25.

Set this up today, you have $25 coming your way! Bought $500 of CRO, staked $400 of it and set up the saphire Visa card, now will probably buy some Sand. So far for years I've only stuck to Binance and Coinbase, so this is venturing out for me. I've had crypto for quite some years, but I'm way behind the level of investments alot of you are in. Thanks for the encouragement.

#4755 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

However do I understand correct that you need 5000 CRO or order one of their credit cards before you can stake?

Only $400 for the 2% back card plus it will pay for your Spotify. Interested in how that is set up since I do have Spotify, that should save me $12 a month.

#4756 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

https://crypto.com/eea/cards
350k in CRO staking needed for 8% cashback. Looks like most will only get 2 or 3% cashback.
At first sight their trading fees and crypto cost are higher than Binance so don't know if it's worth the trouble. Top-up cards.
Any of you ordered/has such a top-up card yet? If so, is everything the correct way; easy to top-up with fiat without extra fee?

Trading fees are waived for the first 30 days. It seems like a good play to open an account, immediately buy $400 or $4000 of CRO and stake it with the accompanying credit card. Especially if you currently pay for Spotify or Netflix (the 4K card covers both). Then just sit on the CRO for the 180 day stake and see what it does, while using the card and accumulating more CRO.

#4759 2 years ago

Wow, since I opened my Crypto.com account yesterday, the CRO is already up 22% and the SAND is up 13%. I definitely think CRO is going a lot higher because of all their advertising and how many people are opening accounts now.

#4776 2 years ago

Yeah, I bought a second helping last night.

#4830 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Right now I'm sharing that sentiment.
Tried to buy a very sizable chunk of CRO yesterday during the dip and kept getting errors from their app. I confirmed with my bank that it was NOT a problem on their end. After 20+ attempts to buy, I gave up.
Now CRO is up 15% since then...

I had to OK one of my credit cards through a fraud alert to put money there. It works fine with my debit card. You can buy CRO on CB Pro. Personally I've found Crypto com really easy to navigate and use. But I'm only going to buy there during the 30 days of no fees, then just sit on the staked CRO with the credit card.

I'm trying to maximize their Mission rewards too. You get one diamond a day by logging in and 5 more of you but $20 in crypto, so in 5 days you can unlock a reward with 25 diamonds. Curious to see how much CRO the first one is to see if it's worth doing it more.

#4909 2 years ago

I unlocked my first Crypto.com mission reward the other day, it was .7 CRO, ha ha ha, so measly!

#4944 2 years ago

I'm planning on picking up more BTC, ETCH, ALGO and CRO once I think we've hit the lowest point in the next 24 hours.

#4947 2 years ago

Buying and selling on an exchange like Binance, Crypto.com and Coinbase seems extremely fast and easy, much like using something like Fidelity for stocks.

#4949 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Just moving some binance from gate.io to metamask, swapping it into busd then purchasing something. Main issue may have been with gate.io as I have moved binance from other platforms without delay. I also ran into a few weird metamask issues where it wasn't showing the right balance.
Transaction is done but I can see how new investors could be turned off by stuff like that.

For sure, I've been investing in crypto for years and I don't do any of that stuff because it feels too risky and complicated. I mainly buy and hold and occasionally sell an altcoin that's gone up alot in value to buy more ETH. I played around with Metamask and almost bought some shitcoins that way and then decided it felt too much like I'd fuck it up and loose my crypto. I miss out on shitcoin opportunities, but most people that buy those hoping to profit 100x HODL them too long and don't profit anyway. Among you guys I'm way more conservative and risk averse, among my friends, they think I'm buying tulip bulbs and think I'll lose all my money in risky crypto.

#4986 2 years ago

Bought ETH and LRC on the dip. ETH to hold for years, LRC to make another short term play on.

#4988 2 years ago

So they were betting it would go up and it went down?

#5003 2 years ago

If I'm going to buy an NFT, I'm going to play it like a meme coin and sell it as soon as I hit 2 or 3X profit, ride the hype for quick cash, then sell before the price drops.

I've seen some interesting theories about how people think there is a lot of money laundering going on through NFTs and it's people buying it from themselves at the high prices, much like has been done in the art world over the years. And that's part of why you see something sell for a really high price and then the price on the rest of them plummet quickly. I haven't dug into it enough to know it this is possible or not.

#5018 2 years ago

The problem with that is it's really hard to time it right. I tend to buy a few shit/alt coins to make quick profits from and mostly HODL everything else (I do something similar with stocks). I've found it works best if you sell out your initial buy in or more at 2 or 3X, often if you wait for that 4-6X it will plummet and you will end up a bag holder that missed the hype wave.

Honestly, I feel like this is normal crypto fluctuations right now, crypto prices have only dropped to about where they were 1-2 months ago and I'm still totally up on everything I bought before then. I'm only under water on a bit of ADA, CRO and SAND. CRO I expect to fully rebound, Staples Center is being renamed to Crypto.com Center this month, it and ADA I'm holding for a long time. SAND I jumped on when I saw it shooting up and I feel like I may have missed that window.

#5033 2 years ago

Litecoin never seems to move up much, good work. The LRC I bought is up 32% in the last 24 hours, I'm probably going to buy and sell it a few times if it keeps having big swings like this.

2 weeks later
#5200 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Loopring is GME’s NFT platform. When the rumor into news broke it went from .50 to 3.00 real fast…

It also dropped real quickly after that. I bought at .90 and sold at 2.80. It was back down to 1.88 today, but is approaching 2. I've bought and sold this a few times on it's 1-2 dollar swings.

#5218 2 years ago

I bought more LRC during the recent dip and again it's pushing up a bunch today. I'll be ready to dump it again if it pushes past $3. This coin has been a low stakes cash machine for me.

Also picked up more ETH, which I plan to do every time it drops below 4K now.

#5222 2 years ago

Are you selling all your position or just a portion? If you don't mind, what's your entry point?

My first entry point was under $1 and I sold all at around $2.85. My second entry point was $2.05 and I sold at $3. My newest entry point was $2.17, I plan to sell when it's gone up $1. Now granted I'm doing this with low stakes money, I started with $350. I set aside $500 of the profits and put it into ETH and am still investing just a few hundred dollars. Loopring has a GME rumor behind it, so it gets waves up hype every week or so from the WSB crowd that are buying it an hyping it up on Reddit. I'm just riding those waves for some short term gains.

#5224 2 years ago

I always think about doing something like that with $500-$1000, but the tax implications make it seem like it isn't worth doing when it's costing 22% in taxes on the back end, plus time and fees.
Then again, 78% of something is better than 100% of nothing I guess.

Yeah, up until this tax year, I've never reported crypto sales. I realize I'm going to have to a take a hit and do some work on this year's taxes with doing some trading, but it's only because I've profited and I'm super OK with that. It's much like doing short term gains on stocks, which I also did with GME, AMD and a few others this year. I'm pretty interested to see how the exchanges report it this year, if Coinbase and Binance will actually be submitting a form to the IRS.

#5232 2 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

In Holland your savings are not taxed up to 50.000 Euro if you are single, If you are married it's 100.000 Euro.
Let's say you are single and have a total of 40.000 Euro in your bank accounts (fiat money) and you have Crypto, on 1 januari you make a fictional conversion to fiat and let's say it's 60.000 Euro worth. Total of 100.000 Euro
50.000 is tax free
the second 50.000 you have to pay 0.49% tax on that 50.000 Euro
(above 100.000 Euro up to 950.000 Euro you have to pay 1.40% tax on that amount)
Hope that makes sense

This seems waaaaaaay easier than we do things in the States.

#5235 2 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I wish it was income tax
No wealth tax.
Income tax is 37.1 % on you first 68.500 Euro, after that it's 49.5 % ...... how about that?

Brutal. But you also don't have the crime, homelessness and healthcare crisis we have in the States. You are paying for a nicer standard of living for everyone.

#5252 2 years ago

Well that sucks. Looks like Binance has XRP locked out for deposits. Mine is sitting on Kraken so I guess I'm screwed.
[quoted image]

I was wondering why my XRP on Binance said that! Thanks for the info.

#5253 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

Do any of you feel crypto currency will eventually be used like the dollar is. Will you be able to purchase a product in dollars or crypto in a store someday???

You can today with a couple of the Crypto credit cards and possibly PayPal if they are there now. I ordered my Bobcat miner online with Crypto. At this point it's easier to use than gold, but has a long way to go.

#5260 2 years ago

If you bought $10 worth of each one of these coins a year ago, this is what it would be worth today:

Rank Name of the coin Amount today %
1.BTC Bitcoin $20.51 105.10%
2.ETH Ethereum $64.61 546.10%
3.USDT Tether $10 0%
4.XRP XRP Ripple $37.33 273%
5.LTC Litecoin $14.14 41.40%
6.BCH Bitcoin Cash $15.84 58%
7.ADA Cardano $100.22 902%
8.BNB Binance Chain $170 1600%
9.LINK Chainlink $19.30 93%
10.DOT Polkadot $58 480%
11.USDC USD Coin $10 0%
12.XLM Stellar $21.68 117%
13.BSV Bitcoin SV $8.08 -19%
14.XMR Monero $13.24 32.4%
15.WBTC Wrapped Bitcoin $20.51 105.10%
16.EOS EOS $14.67 47%
17.XEM NEM $4.56 -54%
18.TRX Tron $31.93 219%
19.XTZ Tezos $25 150%
20.LEO UNUS SEED LEO $26 160%
21.CRO Crypto com Coin $100 900%
22.THETA THETA $42.50 325%
23.DAI Dai $10 0%
24.NEO Neo $20.80 108%
25.FIL Filecoin $16 60%
26.ATOM Cosmos $62 520%
27.REV Revain $8.60 -14%
28.DASH Dash $14.9 49%
29.AAVE Aave $31.80 218%
30.VET VeChain $66 560%

And a couple of the lower ranked big gainers:
43.DOGE Dogecoin $470.20 4,602%
54.EGLD Elrond $118.89 1,089%
64.LUNA Terra $1,997 19,876%
67.AVAX Avalanche $404.20 3,942%
71.NEAR NEAR Protocol $144.20 1,342%
77LRC Loopring $158.50 1,485%
88.QNT Quant $171.50 1,615%
92.MANA Decentraland $440 4,300%
93.ENJ Enjin Coin $217 2,070%

#5263 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Guess it depends what day you pick. I'm up 177% on my Dec. 2020 BTC purchase.

For sure, if I remember right both BTC and ETH went on a tear at the end of December last year. Hey, maybe that will happen again in the next week

#5264 2 years ago

Today is my final free transaction day of the 30 day intro to Crypto.com. I ended up with the 2% staked credit card and 750 CRO which I've staked at about 12% through their DeFi wallet + 85 SAND coins I'm going to sit on for a bit to see what happens (although it's up 18% today, which makes it tempting to sell, but it's a Metaverse play). This is my first time staking coins, I mostly plan to just leave it all for 12 months and see where I'm at then. With the Crypto.com stadium and all their marketing going on, I'm hoping CRO has some big potential to increase, they are certainly angling for a big piece of the pie.

#5267 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Hmm I didn't know there was a CDC Defi wallet. Can you transfer for free from the centralized app?

There is and it has good staking on CRO and OK staking on a few other coins. It wasn't totally free, but it was like .005 CRO, so essentially free. They seem to be copying the Binance model of doing low transaction fees using their own coin. Save for buying new coins via your debit card, which looks like it will be $2.99 per transaction, which I won't be interested in at all now that my 30 free days are up.

#5270 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Could you take a screenshot of earn APY on Defi wallet? I don't seem to find the rates online.
I wonder if it's better to stake ETH and BTC there instead of the app.
Thanks in advance!

Yeah:

Screenshot_20211223-191337 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211223-191337 (resized).jpg
#5271 2 years ago

Oh, you meant for the other coins. BTC is 5.9% and ETH isn't offered. They only have staking for CRO, BTC, DOT, and NEAR.

#5272 2 years ago

Xmas rally starting?

#5277 2 years ago

Where are you staking CRO for 13%? Mine is sitting on Coinbase Pro doing nothing.

Using the Crypto.com DeFi wallet, if you transfer it there, it gives you a ton of staking options.

#5281 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I have the digital Jade card with CRO staked; works like a charm.
Still waiting to receive the physical card though; seems to take a while.
It's indeed a visa debet card but you can top up what you need.
CRO staked at 10% APY.
BTC and ETH staked at 6.5% APY.

I haven't got my card yet either and it's been 30 days. I did this card staking, then transferred the rest of my CRO to their wallet and staked that at a higher rate. I'm expecting there to be alot of interest in this as the stadium is renamed and they run a Superbowl ad, so I wanted to get it all locked in early. I originally opened the crypto.com account just to buy some SAND.

#5287 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

I also did a jade card. Bought and staked cro. Loaded card up with $100 and have it pay Netflix. When I pay Netflix I get reimbursed with cro. In my wallet.

I still have to set this up to pay for my Netflix, cool to hear it works as advertised.

#5343 2 years ago

This appears to be the same story all over again. Slow bleed for a few days, which I’m sure is going to be followed by a big ass pull back / crash late Wednesday or Thursday.
Anyone else still convinced this is a bull market?

I think it's still a bull market. I've been buying the dips. I think the levels where a lot of my coins sit is still much higher than where they were 6 or 8 months ago and their recent lows are much higher than their old lows. I'm feeling bullish over the next 6 months.

#5346 2 years ago

Are you down on your crypto investments though? Or just some unrealized gains from some coins hitting an ATH for a while? I'm still way up on everything except my recent foray into CRO, which I expect to make a bunch of money from staking, the debit card cashback deal, and when it eventually goes up over the next year or two. ETH I'm insanely up on for the year, BTC as well although I don't have that much now, and my couple of alts are doing pretty decent, especially ATOM which I've been earning interest on and doubled this year. None of them are at their all time highs, but if I chart their progress for the year, it's up up up on about everything. Maybe charting this stuff by the year instead of the day, week or month keeps my bullish optimism going.

#5353 2 years ago

I still need to get to the $4000 mark with CRO since you can't get any staking rewards with the $400 level. The recent 15% drop from my last purchase isn't helping. There is also a lot of other stuff on sale that's enticing right now so I'm not sure I want to plow more money into CRO.
They came out of the gate swinging, but I'm not sure how long that can last. They are burning cash like I've never seen another project burn.

You can stake it in their DeFi wallet without hitting those levels or even having the debit card. I got the $400 card, then moved the rest of my CRO to the CDC DeFi wallet and staked it at 12.9%. Every couple days I re-invest the staking profits for the compounded interest effect. So far it's working smoothly.

#5354 2 years ago

Has anyone sent CRO from Coinbase to Crypto.com? There are 3 network options in the Crypto.com app, CRO, ERC20 and Cronos. The app says "Both memo and address are required when you make a CRO deposit via Crypto.org Chain to your CRO wallet." and warns me that failure to add both will result in my CRO being lost.
When I log into Coinbase, I only see the option to enter a CRO Address and the amount I want to withdraw.
Has anyone successfully done this type of transfer?

I did this a few days ago with both CRO and ATOM, I definitely got the memo field in Coinbase. Since I'm easily confused by this stuff, I just followed this youtube video:

A few of the steps look slightly different now with the app updates, but it was super easy. I sent a test amount first, then sent it all, then moved it from CDC to their DeFi wallet for staking.

#5359 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Yes CDC is Crypto Dot Com.
DeFi wallet is indeed a separate app. To stake in the crypto.com app use the earn option (locked staking).

Yes! I only figured out everyone in forums shortcuts it to CDC last week, but it's sure easier to type.

#5361 2 years ago

I feel totally late to the staking game, but I'm starting to do it now this week. It's like free money! With the crypto.com DeFi wallet I've moved over some coins from Coinbase and CDC and staked ATOM at 14.17% and CRO at 12.8%. I picked no or low commission staking pools with good reps. Is there much risk in this? It seems too good to be true.

#5366 2 years ago

First goes Estonia, then goes the woooooooorld!

#5403 2 years ago

ATOM has been on fire the last couple days, I wonder if it's because everyone is discovering you can stake it for 14% on CDC's DeFi wallet.

#5412 2 years ago

ATOM is very close to hitting it's all time high, up 556% for the year. Woo!

#5415 2 years ago

Crap. I only have 50 of them. In at $17 though so that’s not bad.
Go LINK.

You should stake 'em!

#5424 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Time to buy the dip!

I've got 1K sitting here ready for days trying to figure out the bottom that's all going towards ETH.

#5436 2 years ago

Looks like I didn't time the dip as well as I thought yesterday, it's still dipping! I'm in a holding pattern now just trying to consolidate my coins on different platforms into where I can stake or earn on them to keep generating income. But if ETH drops to below 3K this weekend I'm buying a bunch more.

#5445 2 years ago

I'm staking ATOM in the CDC Wallet with SG-1, they got a lot of praise in multiple reddit threads.

#5446 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

If anyone wants a degenerate play on cardano go to wenlobster.io put 3 Ada into the adress there and you either get 500k or 500m lobster tokens. It's not on any exchanges yet so like minting nfts. Apparently a few others like this have 5 to 10x

Are lobster tokens worth anything or convertible to other coins?

#5449 2 years ago

Thanks. I did some digging and ultimately went with Stake.Fish for ATOM and Jerry’s Pool for CDC. This was before you saw your post.
They both seemed to have a good bit of their own asset staked compared to the other pools I checked.

Those look like good staking pools, glad you got in there! There is some good returns. Now you and I should figure out how often we should restake our rewards, with the CRO I found an estimator that said the sweet spot was every 2 days.

#5483 2 years ago

I don't think I broke the 3ETH barrier, but that depends on if they count gas. If so, I did, if not then I was about 0.04ETH short and I'll be pissed.
I won't know until I get home and get in front of my home computer with the Metamask account on it.

I doubt that would count the gas fees, that may be wishful thinking.

#5490 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Kinda feels like ETH and BTC hit a bottom and are on their way back up. At least I hope so.

At least for today!

405 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nwpinball. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi?tu=nwpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.