(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #438 Bitcoin gain loss chart by month from 2011 to Feb 2021 Posted by Pdxmonkey (3 years ago)

Post #946 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (3 years ago)

Post #3247 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leeb18509.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:Doge was literally created as a joke. There is not a chance it goes anywhere other than occasionally being pumped as a joke. I was super into it when it launched and mined a bunch because it was funny. I even contributed a million Doge to the fund to put the Doge on that Nascar.

Joke or not, it's pumped up my litecoin pool to a 175% payout rate. Works for me.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPGCapture175 (resized).JPGCapture175 (resized).JPG
#138 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Does anyone get a bonus for turning a friend onto Binance US? I finally stopped using my other Binance account and need to open the American version. Happy to get someone else a little coin if they have one of those kinds of deals.

I just switched mine over to US from the other Binance. Let me take a look! I have to get my advanced verification done and then I can send you a referral link.

1 week later
#270 3 years ago

Lol, nobody told him about Dogecoin?

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Not that anyone cares, but I picked up ~2,400 ADA yesterday at $0.9193. The main reason was that the development for that blockchain in the way of DApps is 86% of what is put into Etherium. I think that's huge especially with the slower transaction times and crazy gas fees we're seeing with Etherium right now. DeFi is getting hammered with these high fees especially with the complexity of some of the contracts. It's not a wallet to wallet transfer so the fees are much higher.
It has the potential to take off as things move forward. The only thing I don't like is the crazy number of coins, but on the flip side, no one really talks about the fact that ETH is unlimited. Then again, right now, there are only 115 million ETH and 32 Billion ADA. That kind of puts a damper on how high the price can get for ADA even with mass adoption.
If it were to reach the same market cap as ETH (which I highly doubt), you're still only talking about a max price of $6.53. It's a 6x increase in price, but we all know that's nothing when it comes to crypto.

I just bought about ~4000 ADA same time. Hoping that Coinbase adds it to their platform for the most part. Always makes a coin go up when that happens. Plus it looks like there's a lot going on with Cardano. Good luck to us!

#289 3 years ago

Every time I think it's to expensive, it goes up.
The way I'm looking at it now is like this. Let's say I have $2500 to put towards something and I buy BTC. At this price, I'll get 0.04587BTC. If BTC goes to $100,000, I'll have $4,588 or a gain of $2,088.
On the other hand, $2,500 would get me 2,681 ADA. If ADA goes up to $2, my return is $2,863, or a 37% increase over the BTC purchase.

Not saying you're wrong at all, but this thinking had me buying Creative back in the day instead of Apple "because it was too expensive". Ask me how that worked out... always bet on the big dog in the long run. But Alt coins are having their day for sure. YMMV..

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Cardanos flying now! $1.08us last I looked but it’s moving fast.
It’s been a great day for most crypto really.

Nice to see, just bought in last night. 4500 coins.

#350 3 years ago

Thanks. I couldn’t see that being true.
I read more and someone said that there was some auto stop loss sales triggered when Ada and ether hit these prices on the site earlier today. I’m still new to all this so I got confused if it was even possible. Glad it didn’t.
Also I dont use kraken but was still curious about the tweet.

You could see the flash on other exchanges but nothing to the degree on Kraken, ADA dropped momentarily to $.85 on Coinbase.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#453 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

How many of you are mining?
I have just begun looking into it, and I know that video cards are commanding a premium these days, but it looks like I can still get a legit AlienWare rig with a top of the line card for about $2700.
I know I have a lot more reading to do, but that's not really that serious of an entry fee for something that I could set up an potentially make some money off of.
Anyone have any good links they can share for getting started? I'm definitely computer savy enough to make it happen. Seems like it's worth looking into.

There's a Dell deal I keep seeing with a 2060 card for just over $1k. Might be a better investment, not really sure.

#454 3 years ago

More like CardanGO!

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Can you elaborate on how the setup works?
With obligated covid remote work I have like 20 desktops with RTX2070 in the office doing nothing. What is needed to start mining?
https://www.betterhash.net/faq/ ?

Man, seriously if that's true, at least just get them all going on Nicehash. You could have them all setup in an hour. Might make $80/day or more.

#499 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i have a 3090 I use in my gaming PC. Is it actually worth using it to mine anything right now? Im in a single family home and electric isnt super cheap....

Thrown it on Nicehash for a few days and see if it works for you. There's some power control settings that will lower the power draw. (low, medium or high) I use medium on my 2 Nvidia cards. The games my kids play don't even notice, even if the load is at 100%. The VR won't run though with NH mining.

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thats not worth it for me to maybe effect my card over time. just buying crypto. thanks

Ya sure?

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
#504 3 years ago

I had a Binance account before as well, you just need to open a binance.us account. https://www.binance.us/en/home
Might take awhile though to get verified, not sure. I have a referral code https://accounts.binance.us/en/register?ref=53516528

I'm using this wallet that was recommended. https://adalite.io/ I haven't tried the native ADA wallet.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Can you stake Cardano on crypto.com? I thought Binance offered it, but apparently that's Binance, not Binance.us.
Finally got USD verified on Binance, btw. 5 weeks from account open to that point.

You can stake Cardano here. https://adalite.io/

#513 3 years ago

This is what I use with my ledger to stake my cardano.

I just converted $5k more from BTC to Cardano at $1.19. Pretty much all in on this one for now.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

How long does it typically take Binance to clear a BTC deposit? I finally closed my original Binance account and opened a Binance US account last week. I moved $500 of BTC over from Coinbase and I can see it's been received at Binance, but it's still not showing up as tradeable coin many days later. I was hoping to buy some ADA.
And related, if I'd done the transaction with ETC or another coin, would it have happened faster? I've owned crypto for a long time, but I don't move it around very often.

I would think BTC would be tradeable ASAP, but an ACH deposit or otherwise does take several days. If you go to one of those "history" screens for the transaction it should say something about it. I had bought the ADA and wanted to move it out but was getting the big NO from Binance until I saw that it said that it would be able to withdraw in "2 days" or whatever it was.

The poker site I like takes crypto and I always do LTC now because it does go through in a minute or 2 vs an hour for BTC.

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I have zero transactions to report.

So asking hypothetically for a friend, can someone chime in and tell me when TurboTax 2020 asks you about the crypto stuff with that question, what's the next question if you say "yes"? My friend is curious.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well I wasn't joking...I haven't sold any crypto in years. I still have 100% of everything I bought in 2017.

Me either, I have to get my taxes done and I just haven't gotten to that part of the program yet. Legitimately curious.

#597 3 years ago

I just did another small buy at $1.12, it's just too tempting. I almost prefer that it's going a little sideways and consolidating as opposed to some moon shot that's just going to crash and burn later.

#727 3 years ago

How about that ALICE token that went up 60,000% yesterday? Remember when Bitcoin Cash got added to CB when it did?

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Please enlighten us?

Intraday it traded for something $8k so somebody still has some BCH they paid a whole bunch for, lol. I think after that CB added a policy that added some employee trading restrictions.
bch (resized).JPGbch (resized).JPGdec (resized).JPGdec (resized).JPG

#738 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure you just log into Coinbase Pro with your Coinbase credentials. At least that's what I do. It's been so long that I can't remember if I had to "turn on" Coinbase Pro access or not.
Transfers back and forth between the two are instant and free.

Correct, if you have a coinbase account you have access to CB Pro. It's a lot cheaper to buy and sell on CB Pro as well. It's just not quite as point and click easy to do.

#749 3 years ago

Hey, kiss my ass.
Bought 0.37418 BCH @ $2,312.97 on 12/30/17 and then 0.36619 BCH @ $1,313.05 on 2/9/18. So much for trying to average down.
What did Billy Bob Thorton say in Bad Santa.....Oh, yeah. "Well, they can't all be winners now, can they?".
In my defense though, it's only one of 2 or 3 of my coins that aren't profitable.

Well, I have 5 Litecoin miners and a BYTOM miner (FFS) that i'm definitely in the hole for still. This is why I shouldn't be answering pninja's question.

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

still no ADA on coinbase Pro. Wanted to jump on early

Trading is supposed to start at 12pm ET if there's enough liquidity to allow it.

#790 3 years ago

If you have a Coinbase account, you have a Coinbase Pro account. You can deposit into Coinbase Pro just like you can with Coinbase. The interface is just different.
Keep in mind, I think you need more than the wallet address to transfer ADA. I've never moved it before, but I thought I read that you need both the wallet address and some type of reference code. I'm not 100% sure. Make a small transfer first just to be sure. That's always best practices.

I've moved most of my ADA from Binance.us to my adalite wallet. It's pretty much the same, copy an address from your wallet and paste it in the Binance GUI to send. No extra codes. There was a caveat about certain addresses only being accepted by CB Pro but if starts with a "1" that's the good one AFAIK.

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The market buy/sell fees for both are 0.5%...Unless you are trading huge amounts.

Doh, added an extra 0 to both. My bad. Was really just hoping to afford a JJP Pirates CE someday...

#795 3 years ago

True story, this morning I had a dream that I woke up and checked my balance and it was $74,000. So 2 JJP CE's.

#810 3 years ago

Well this doesn't make sense, lol.

#837 3 years ago

ADA back on the horse...1.35

#856 3 years ago

Something I’d never want to hold would be the target. I’m a gambler and I always have been, which is why I got into crypto in the first place.

Since I can’t go to the horse track, I have to find something to wager on. Might be fun to see how it would shake out.

I could show you what I use my BTC for if you're interested.

#864 3 years ago

Lots of off-track betting on ACR. Even the ponies...they take crypto for deposits.

3 weeks later
#1078 3 years ago

Thanks to merge mining Doge, the pool I use is paying 305% PPS! That's just crazy.

#1088 3 years ago

Can you explain what PPS is? Is that your hash rate because that's pretty crazy. I want whatever you have that's making that kind of return!

I have 5 L3+ litecoin miners that I bought back during the first heyday for way too much money. They've mostly been free space heaters in the winter until all this new craziness. The price of Doge drives the PPS you get for mining, but it's all converted to LTC so you just get paid more LTC. It used to be 108% was high.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/help#faq

#1091 3 years ago

And that's apples to oranges. You can't mine LTC with a GPU for a long time now. But i wish i could mine ETH with my ASICS. lol.

1 week later
#1225 2 years ago

Why do you fail me now MAGIC INTERNET MONEY!

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Anyone have a suggestion or advice on a first ASIC miner?

An L3+ is making $7-10 a day. Get a good deal on one..

1 week later
#1397 2 years ago

My five LTC miners up over $70/day profit! Woot!

#1454 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Anybody else have any LTC? Going up!

$399 wow. I'm making about .17-.18 LTC a day but the difficulty is going up quite a bit.

1 week later
#1776 2 years ago

This is all cause I just listed my ASIC miners for sale. It's my fault. Sorry.

#1797 2 years ago

Guess I'm glad my ADA wallet key is sitting on a USB stick at home while I'm in a hotel room in California? Nothing like dropping $8k in less than a week. Yeesh....

#1802 2 years ago

Coinbase/Pro still down. Binance.us looks ok. ADA rebounding a bit...

#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

bought some more Bitcoin at 31
last buy was a year ago below 9
converted some of my other holdings to Bitcoin.
I am a long term investor that has been waiting to buy more
50% off highs seems ok to me - stuffing it in a vault and holding

Congrats! Wish I would've been in a position to catch ADA for $1 then sell for $1.50 20 minutes later, lol.

#1809 2 years ago

Coinbase back up but their prices are WAY off from Binance.us. Not sure what's up with that....

#1813 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It’s a general statement

I get your point. Check out what the DOW did from 2000-2010. Literally nothing. Safe, I guess...

#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Why? I only have a little on Paypal... But why would I sell it now?
I'm not selling anything... I'm gathering funds to buy as much as I can. This isn't new. This is how I've made my largest gains.

I don't know man, if you have upwards of $200 on PayPal GET OUT NOW!

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Until recently paypal crypto price was delayed by about an hour. So during the height of that crash you could sell your crypto at last hours price, knowing what it was going to do for the next hour. When I sold there was a 20% delta between actual crypto price and what Paypal was offering. You could theoretically sell, wait an hour, and buy back in (if thats your thing) and make a guaranteed 20%.

I wouldn't be surprised if they claim a "malfunction", adjust the price and screw you over but I certainly hope not.

#1820 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's still at 3k... Which is up 200%

Was being sarcastic.

#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

They can try... I've already transferred the cash to my bank. It's only $250, but its the principal of the thing.

I know. I just thought it was cute. I lost $200 on a hand of poker last night....stupid river....

1 week later
#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Is an Antminer S9 (or 2-3 of them) worth it/profitable? I see profitability estimates all over the place and was hoping to hear from someone who actually has one.

I doubt it, that's all there is for sale around here.

#2267 2 years ago

Fees. Tho.

#2291 2 years ago

It's a strange and quieter house after this weekend. I sold all 5 of my LTC ASIC miners. Kinda sad, as they've been on the grind for over 3 years, but with GPU's scarce more people are looking back at miners. It was a GPU miner guy that bought them. He said they run cooler for him in the summer, he bought 2 from me then came back for the rest. And I got over 200 days of "current" profitability in my pocket today. Still holding onto about 6,500 ADA. I might miss the little space heaters in the winter though...

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Safemoon updates: Blockchain coming soon
https://twitter.com/ShaunWitriol/status/1401690251681222664
In case anyone is interested in CluCoin as a long term project, here is the AMA twitch from today.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1048129274

wahoo (resized).JPGwahoo (resized).JPG
#2469 2 years ago

Well this seems legit.... $.44 at the bottom.

#2510 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I bought $500 of cardano and etherium yesterday to go with my $500 Bitcoin.

Cardano has been trading in a pretty narrow range for quite awhile now. I predict it will either go up or down from here.

#2512 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Ya think? Way to cover your bets.

I call it like I see it.

1 month later
#2966 2 years ago

A loss of 10 percent necessitates an 11 percent gain to recover. Increase that loss to 25 percent and it takes a 33 percent gain to get back to break-even. A 50 percent loss requires a 100 percent gain to recover and an 80 percent loss necessitates 500 percent in gains to get back to where the investment value started.

1 week later
#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

need to close loopholes on the high end for sure, but still dont think we should get a free pass on crypto earnings. Its income. I think regulation is a good thing long term as it legitimizes it.

So find me a tax account that can figure this out. I had 6 crypto miners running at various times when it was profitable, not as much when it wasn't. They cost money to buy. I sold or traded the mined crypto at any given time for fiat at probably 6 different exchanges. A lot of the time I put it into an online poker site (as BTC), played poker with it, won or lost then either cashed out or didn't. (as BTC which at the same time either went up or down) I also just made straight up deposits into Coinbase, bought crypto which could go up or down, then transferred it into the poker site, etc...ad nauseum. Best advice i got was to create an LLC, write off the crypto miners and all the electricity they cost. It's literally enough to make your head swim in sand. Which version of TurboTax SHOULD I HAVE BOUGHT????

3 weeks later
#3349 2 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Looks like there are none in my hex area at all, assuming that's bad for any potential earnings.

I'm interested, but seeing the same. No other miners around my house. Good or bad?

#3357 2 years ago

I made $3500 last night playing poker.

#3365 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Where do you play? I've won a couple small tournaments in the past.

https://www.americascardroom.eu/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leeb18509.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi?tu=leeb18509 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.