(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,273 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #438 Bitcoin gain loss chart by month from 2011 to Feb 2021 Posted by Pdxmonkey (3 years ago)

Post #946 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (3 years ago)

Post #3247 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 3 years ago

Doge seems like nothing more than a pump and dump to me. Various celebrities tweet about it, it climbs, and then settles.

I think a lot of the current price is because Musk has tweeted about it or mentioned it here and there. His recent purchase of BTC and general quirkiness has presumably held doge up around that .08 mark. Who knows... if he invests in it, it might just blow up. As far as I can tell, there's really no tangible reason why it should be climbing at all, which makes its climb that much more precarious. I got in on it for a minute and made a quick $50, I consider that dumb luck.

#43 3 years ago

How much of Elon's mention of Doge was a market test for BTC? It would almost seem as though he was testing the market and how it would reply to his support before jumping in on his actual target of BTC. He made what, close to 20% just by putting his money into it? Does he have any obligation to announce that he's sold his position (could he just take the money and run)?

#53 3 years ago

Are there any mining opportunities in any of these cryptos left for someone with a relatively basic gaming PC? The feasibility of mining BTC seems long gone, but I'm not sure if there are others that might be viable.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

What GPU?
I'm mining RVN. I was mining ETH until the DAG went over 4GB and I couldn't mine anymore.

GTX 1070, so getting a little long in the tooth. I'm looking to upgrade to a 3080 once stock becomes available.

#57 3 years ago

I'd mine ETH with that card assuming it's not a 4GB card. I don't think the 1070's came in 4GB, but wanted to throw that out there. Should be able to get about 26Mh/s from it. Estimated payout would be between 0.0022 and 0.0033ETH/day. Assuming $0.12kWh for electric, you should be able to pull in between $3.36 and $3.77 per day.

Thanks! I'm going to give it a try.

As a total noob on this, it looks like wallets provide the ability to mine? Any recommendation as to what one to select?

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

Good point on the antivirus. My browser blocked the download and I had a few issues with windows removing the miner's .exe file. Just need to make a few exceptions like noted above.
deaconblooze
I should point out that the ethermine pool just raised their minimum payout threshold.
Previously you would get paid out after one week if you had mined a minimum of .01 ETH. This has now been increased to .05 ETH.
Note, ethermine will pay out daily IF you have at least .1 ETH. However this will only apply to much larger mining setups with multiple gpus/rigs.
Something to think about as its going to take some time for you to reach .05 ETH on just a single card.

I appreciate the help! Does that mean that it will just increase the intervals at which the funds would appear in my wallet, or does it mean that I may not get a cut of a block at all if I don't hit that contribution threshold?

I've been running this for a few hours, do these numbers look right? It really hasn't changed much (if at all) since when I first checked it shortly after setup. I went with 2miners. I'm not sure if there's a reason to choose one pool over another.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 months later
#1149 3 years ago

Maybe this isn't allowed, but..

If anyone is thinking about opening a coinbase account, if you use the link below and fund with $100 we both get $10 in BTC.

https://www.coinbase.com/join/beimbo_2

If I get the referral, I'll donate $10 to a charity of your choosing (preferably one that makes a small donation really painless) with screenshot proof.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1159 3 years ago

I just can't imagine anyone holding a joke coin past 200k, 500k, etc etc to get to 1.2m. Who are these maniacs? I would have tapped out when I accumulated enough funds for a NIB.

#1222 2 years ago

Anyone have a suggestion or advice on a first ASIC miner?

#1228 2 years ago

It seems like there's a lot of doubt about mining after Eth2.0. I'm going to keep looking into it as I really like the idea of mining as a potentially profitable hobby.

Has anyone heard of Helium? That's a really intriguing option. The hardware cost is relatively low (<500), the problem is that the supply is non-existent until mid summer or later and there's a halving taking place in August. I'd probably still roll the dice as the coin really seems to have some promise, but I hate preorders......

#1231 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

When does Eth2.0 roll out again? I remember hearing that the miners weren't happy with the coming changes, but I haven't heard much about that since the announcement.

It sounds like the end of the year

#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I have one on order too.
I didn’t like the huge pre mine aspect of it but looks easy and according to the map I think it would work well for my area. Shouldn’t take long to return the cost and I just plan on turning it into btc ASAP.

Which did you order? The bobcat seems like probably the best shot to get one relatively soon, but I don't love the order process.

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Anyone else mining? I've been mining eth the past 2 months at about 290 mh/s.

I'm just mining with my current gaming PC with a 1070 card. I'm entering newegg raffles everyday hoping yo upgrade my GPU some time soon, but nothing so far. My hash with the 1070 is around 27mh/s. Not great, but still a good way to continually add crypto to my portfolio.

I really like mining and have kicked around an ASIC, but I think I'll just let my gaming PCs run double duty for now.

#1275 2 years ago

What's the opinion on bitcoin cash? I'm pretty evenly split between ADA, ETH, and BCH at the moment.

Very little invested. I'm looking to keep mining and diversifying from that, and also doing a recurring monthly of maybe 100.

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Do you run your PC all day mining when you are not gaming? I have a 3090 OCed for gaming. I PC game basically every night, but I would feel wierd running the thing all damn day especially whiile Im not home. Dont want to hurt my baby(my 3090)

Yeah I don't really have any issues with it. I game every night and turn off the miner, and then fire it back up when I'm done. If I can land a 3080, even at the inflated prices (newegg and such), it should pay itself off in about 200 days. I suppose there's some risk, but it helps to pay for one of my hobbies. I guess you could equate it to routing pinball, but a lot less work.

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm buying a Bobcat to mine Helium, but I kinda missed the boat on that one given the backlog and upcoming halving.
I'd love to get into mining other crypto, but I don't know what I'm doing, since I just got into this stuff about a month ago. Can anyone help me, or point me to something that a 5-year old could understand that would help me get started in crypto mining?

The guys in this thread got me started back here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/2#post-6125353

Here's another guide I found helpful:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/lncviw/a_noobs_guide_to_mining_with_your_home_pc_from/

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I haven’t won a shuffle yet. I just read an article putting the chance of winning at .001%

Wow, well that's discouraging. Any sources you'd recommend watching to grab one of the next gen cards?

#1300 2 years ago

I'm using minerstat as a frontend, but I'm using phoenixminer as the actual miner program

#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

doge keeps giving, but i havent been game to put enough in to make serious money. great returns % wise, but still only $100 lol

same here, and I don't really plan to change that. SNL will be interesting. It might not even get mentioned, or elon might buy 100m live on air. Who knows.

#1427 2 years ago

Tomorrow will be interesting. I have all of $50 on it, so not exactly high stakes. I'm planning to watch the episode live with my finger hovering over the sell button... I think we could see anything, from it never getting mentioned, to him buying 50m worth live on air.

#1482 2 years ago

What's the best value 4100 pin..

ST pro?

#1535 2 years ago

I'm spreading out between BTC, LTC, ETH (mining), ADA. I'm only contributing about 100/month for now, plus whatever I can mine. Really interested to see what others might recommend for some high potential fliers though.

#1567 2 years ago

I've seen enough bond movies to know that Elon is the bad guy

#1616 2 years ago

I'm seeing all the major news networks along with some government officials jumping on the Musk bandwagon. I'm not sure how this is going to shake out. He'll probably wait a day and then shill something else like DOGE or SHIB.

Or start his own..

#1695 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I was at some graduation party this weekend and the graduating kid was all about Elon and crypto, lol.

A friend of mine is a HS teacher. He asked the class whom they would most like to interview. About half the class said Elon. Something to consider in the years to come.

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Like catching a falling knife.
Even Etherium is in free-fall - wht are the support levels for that?

Technical looks like 2,550 and then 2,165. But 3,000 is psychological support. It will be interesting to see if it can hold there.

#1905 2 years ago

Trading and Investing are different things.

I have investments I'll never touch until I need them. I check their value maybe quarterly or less, mostly for peace of mind. It's rare I make any alterations to my strategy. I just continue to put money into it on a continual basis to dollar cost average into the market. If I notice a dip, I might throw more than normal to get a little more bang for the buck. Those assets are mostly spread across indexes or managed accounts. Recently I started throwing a little into crypto for much the same purpose. That's it.

Trading is what I do with my idle pinball money... I'm not likely to outearn my investment strategy, but my goals are different. One, I like following the markets, doing the tech analysis, trying to catch some runners, etc. It's another hobby I enjoy that at least has some potential to be profitable. Two, I want to pull some gains and throw it at a new machine or other toy as I please. This isn't retirement money, it's play money.

#1982 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:I'm willing to bet the bull market is not over...any takers?
The bet would be made in BTC.
I'll bet we still hit at least 100k...this year.
Bet size 0.1 BTC. (Just for total clarity .1 BTC would be = to $10,000 usd if it is at 100k).
Actual bet payout would be made on January 1st 2022.
That means if the price on that date is 200k, the payout would be = to 20k. If the price is 55k then the payout (assuming Bitcoin hit 100k earlier in the year) would be = to 5.5k.
If it never hits 100k you win, and I pay you 0.1 BTC on January 1st.

That's some really shitty risk/reward for anyone that takes that bet.

#2025 2 years ago

The reason crypto is so volatile is people that are in 'the know' are unflinchingly confident in its viability but simultaneously mostly incapable of articulating that utility to anyone in less than 10 pages

Until that gap has been bridged, expect extreme volatility. There's tons of stuff I don't understand about this. I learn as I go, and I'm investing long term with as a speculative play.

#2106 2 years ago

I do think it's possible that doge becomes an accepted currency - thus having an accepted value. You might be able to make money off of it, but probably only in the same way you can on the forex market with any other currency.

What Astro says about bitcoin makes sense to me. I guess I'm not 100% convinced that it can't be replaced, but the value reaching what it has certainly suggests it would be pretty difficult to overturn as a store of value at this point. For me though, psychologically it's really difficult to throw my piddly current $100/month crypto allocation into something that already has a value of 35k+. I've still allocated some of those funds to BTC, but I've put more into things like ADA recently because they at least feel like they have a non-zero shot at 10x'ing in the relative near term. I think my best move forward is to continue farming ETH, and probably split the rest of my allocations 80/20 between BTC and some other 'moon' coins like ADA, etc.

#2179 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It’s tempting to take your bet and hedge it against a long call at 75k. If you win the bet the long call will cover my lose but if I win the bet I lose the call (could sell it for slight recoup). Best outcome is it hits 99k no higher.

So you're using ledgerx for your option plays? I kind of want to give that a roll, but getting annoyed that there's seemingly no single spot to handle all of my crytpo needs.

#2182 2 years ago

I've thought about something like keepass. How well does it work across multiple devices? I sign into various sites via several computers and my phone.

Passwords are getting out of control. My work computer requires a passphrase that's something like 30 characters long and has to be updated every 90 days and must be x% different than the previous password. Not only do you have to remember the passphrase, you have to be able to type it with perfect precision blind. I've been close to throwing the damn laptop against the wall on several failed login attempts, and I'm a pretty calm dude.

3 months later
#3329 2 years ago

I finally got my Helium miner a little over a week ago. I'm in a suburb and have some pretty big trees around. I placed it in my room with the stock antenna outside on my window sill. At this point I've earned a single Helium in a week, but most of that has come in the last 48 hours after moving the miner outside the window (apparently double pane glass takes away quite a bit of its transmission strength).

I'm considering getting an aftermarket antenna. Ideally I could get this thing placed on my roof, but I'm not too keen on doing that installation myself. I'm thinking of calling one of the local satellite installers around me and asking if they might be able to take care of that for me.

#3332 2 years ago

Yep, I went with Bobcat. I was pretty surprised when it showed up, I was half expecting it to never ship.

I think I might grab the 8dbi RAK antenna and see how it does.

#3336 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Looks like 8-10 in my hood... lots of zeros or very low amounts, but the people that seem to be up and running are consistently pulling in at least 8. At $23 a coin, the miner would pay itself off in 3 months and then be into profit. That seems like something I should do! Is it hard to set up? I know nothing about mining.

It's really not hard to setup at all. The big thing is finding a good placement. The miner itself is really quiet and efficient.

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hm, I think the other reason I balked on this previously was the fact you can only pay Bobcat in crypto. That's one thing for something I trust, but for someone sending out stuff on a 20 week lead time.....uh....that's a lot of time that stuff could just suddenly not show up and money disappears with no recourse. Ugh.

Yep. I basically considered it a gamble. I didn't like the idea of paying in crypto, but the other options have way longer lead times. I ordered one and actually received it, for what that's worth.

1 week later
#3521 2 years ago

I’ve spent money on worse things.

i-like-you-youre-crazy.gifi-like-you-youre-crazy.gif
#3522 2 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

I know I'm going back a few pages, ordered my bobcat helium miner, please anyone who is using one or with helpful knowledge continue to share any info on antennas, placement, weatherproofing, etc, etc.

I'm about 4(?) weeks in. I got it setup with the stock antenna, put it in a window, took out the mesh, and waited. That took about a week to sync to the network. I ran it for a couple days and wasn't thrilled with the results. I watched some video and learned more about signals. Windows (especially 2 and 3 pane) are actually pretty disruptive to the signal. I opened mine, put it out on the sill, and left the device inside.

I was earning for about 2 weeks, and earned about 2.4 HNT.

I decided to order a new antenna. There's some mixed info out there. I went with a 8dbi antenna because, other than some trees and similar height homes, it's pretty darn flat around me. I ended up ordering the wrong cable for it, so I won't have that connected until Sunday.

But right now, I'm experiencing an outage. My hotspot has been syncing for a few days again now. I think it might have had something to do with a pretty intense storm that went through, as they do align pretty closely on timing. I'm not too concerned as I do hear it takes quite a while to sync, and experienced it myself on initial setup. Still, I'm hoping I don't need to go through that again upon new antenna installation.

I plan to mount the antenna on some 3m broom handle holders outside my 2nd story window. The cable can close under a window with supposedly minimal loss. Depending on how that works out, I may try and move it up into the peak of my attic. I'm not opposed to mounting it on my roof, but I'd really prefer to get some comfortable earnings without that hassle. I'm not too keen on climbing my happy ass up on my 2 story, so I was thinking about calling a local dish installer I found around me to mount and wire it for me.

I haven't really decided how much I want to convert over into BTC or straight USD.

#3574 2 years ago

Good news for spyder? What's the breakeven on your NFT, @spyderturbo007?

The government seems to think that the answer to volatility is regulation. Plenty of normal people can make money with volatility. And most would know to park those funds someplace safer when they need the funds for retirement. How about instead we regulate public servants from serving on advisory boards and dumping stocks before announcements?

#3598 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0296557/
It's not a complete list, but it'll do. I don't think I've updated the games I work on now. Thanks. Helped win the Academy Award for Life of Pi.

Starship Troopers... RAD!

#3651 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

My favorite NFT to date is still Banksy

Didn't realize he did any.

1 week later
#3794 2 years ago

Re: Helium

No sense in only talking good on these endeavors. I've had a pretty shitty time with this over the last couple of weeks. There was an update to the Helium blockchain around 9/16. I wasn't aware of that, and thought that a storm had put my hotspot offline and forced a resync. I had also upgraded my antenna to an 8dbi and mounted outside my 2nd story window at the same time. Way too many variables working at once...

I finally did get resynced, but I've only been earning about .01-.02 HNT per day. Apparently there was also a firmware update to the Bobcat miners around the same time, and others are experiencing similar issues.

It's really tough to get any real direction on what to do. The Bobcat support isn't very responsive, and the discord channel moves way too fast (am I the only one that hates discord?). Most people in a similar situation are being told that their rewards dwindled as a result of more hotspots being put online recently (either by way of the update that fixed fairness in assignment, or actual new physical units being setup), but that really doesn't seem to apply in my situation. I was pretty darn remote compared to other hotspots, and was still seeing decent earnings before. There haven't been any new hotspots added to my area at all. I've tried switching back and forth between stock antenna and the 8dbi.

I'm pretty tempted to just completely reset and start over, but it can take 4+ days to sync. At this point though, I'm not really sure I have many other options.

1 week later
#3857 2 years ago

There's nothing on this planet that cannot be completely ruined by my mere participation, so I'm going to hold off on this NFT stuff for the sake of everyone else here.

#3944 2 years ago

I wanted to get in on the meka thing, but I needed to transfer from my mining pool to my eth wallet, and then to metamask.

I didn't have metamask, so created an account. Can only deposit 500...? OK, well no problem, throwing real money at this makes it feel different, so I wanted to transfer my mined eth anyway. Had my threshold set to .1 payout on my mining pool, with about .092 earned. I set the threshold to .09 as it's supposed to cash out every 2 hours if you're over the threshold. Except apparently when it doesn't. Going on about 24h and nothing yet.

A big pain, and a reminder to me that all this stuff is still in its relative infancy, which is good if you're already investing.

Good luck, fellas!

#3964 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

He’s probably referring to the Wyre/Simplex services that allow one to purchase and deposit up to $500 of ETH at one time. Better method is to sign up for a Coinbase Pro account and link it to your checking account. Once verified and after adding one’s MetaMask public wallet address to one’s Coinbase Pro address book, one can quickly purchase and transfer as much ETH as desired to MetaMask. Transfers can also be done from other crypto exchanges such as Coinbase, Trust Wallet, etc. I’ve been expediting this process by doing same day wire transfers from BofA to Coinbase Pro, then purchasing ETH from that account and transferring the ETH to my MetaMask wallet. Same day wire transfers are very fast vs. ACH deposits which take up to 5 business days. Hope that helps.

That's what I ended up doing, already being setup with a coinbase account. I really didn't want to throw more money into my account to go after one of these, so I really wanted my mining pool to payout to my wallet, and then transfer to metamask (not the wallet I normally use).

The good news is, I did eventually get everything sent over to metamask and ready to go. The bad news is, it was too late. And I paid all the transfer fees etc for nothing (well, other than to consolidate my ETH into my metamask wallet for some future reason, I suppose).

#4038 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211009-111037_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211009-111037_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4056 2 years ago

Reported stolen. Good luck.

#4118 2 years ago

I don't see 'game tie-in' and such promises as adding much value. If mainstream games, say WOW, fortnite, etc get into NFTs, then look out... Could you imagine if they created NFT drops from raids, etc? That's gotta be coming..

The idea that someone is going to create some desirable NFT, and then bake that into a compelling video game of some type that someone would actually want to play... well that would be pretty impressive. The idea would seem to be that you need an NFT to get into such a game universe. I find it hard to believe that there would be much of an incentive to create and maintain such a game when you're limiting your potential player base immediately.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding these extras, but I just don't see how it works in reality.

#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Waiting to see if Star Citizen goes this route to further grift their 'fanbase'.

What a disaster that game is. I was really close to supporting it multiple times over the last, what, 10 years??

You're right though, I could see them rolling out some NFT ships.

2 weeks later
#4459 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Anybody else get their free bitcoin from Aaron Rodgers?

That guy never returns my calls

1 week later
#4578 2 years ago

I've been mining helium for a couple of months. I think I've managed about 5 hnt. Part of it is on me just not keeping up with some of the problems that popped up, but there are certainly some network things, as well as some issues with some of the bobcat miners. I think I'm pretty well setup now, and with more miners in the area (but not too close yet) I think I'm in a pretty good spot. I just ordered a 5.8dbi antenna, figuring maybe I don't have the elevation to take advantage of my 8dbi. I'll see how those earnings compare for me. Assuming 5.8 works out, I may have an 8dbi I can part with if someone is interested.

#4597 2 years ago
Quoted from TireFryer426:

It definitely takes some tinkering to get it dialed in. I've been helium mining since August. I have two miners that average 2 HNT a day between them both. One of them is a Bobcat running the stock 4dbi antenna just sitting on a shelf. In August that one was pulling up to 2.5 HNT a day on its own. The other one is kind of out away from town, but I'm up on a hill. I have a Bobcat running the 8dbi antenna mounted up in my attic. I get witnesses on the other end of the city about 17 miles away.
These two have paid for themselves several times over, I have two more on order and am starting to watch ebay auctions. Definitely looking to pick up more.
FWIW the stock 4dbi antenna if it has elevation can reach 10 miles or more out. I would start with the 5.8 and if you find that inadequate then move to the 8. There are two big issues that you can run into with the bigger antennas. You end up dealing with other people's inadequate antenna configurations. They see your beacons, but you can't see theirs. In the case of having hotspots close to you, the algorithm will see that the signal is too strong and drop the witness as invalid. I'm having this issue with my miner that has the stock 4dbi on it. Looking at potentially dropping it to a 2.8dbi. I tried a 5.8 on it for a few days just to see, and it took my invalid witnesses from about 20% up to easily 60%.

Yeah I'm having kind of a rough time at the moment. I originally set this up with wifi, but moved a mesh unit near the device so I can connect via lan. I seem to have trouble when using ethernet, unplugging it and relying on wifi works, but my port doesn't want to forward on wifi.

I think I may be best off just resetting the unit and doing the whole setup with just lan. The pain point there is the 4+ day sync time, and I'm not even sure that's my issue.

I also need to move the antenna up in the attic, but I'm not sure of the best way to make that happen. I also feel like I should be getting better earnings than I am without optimizing the antenna based on your numbers. I'm starting to get some more hotspots within range, so antenna reach isn't as important to me as it was just a month ago.

#4634 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211116-212422_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211116-212422_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4732 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211122-105108_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211122-105108_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4752 2 years ago

I already have a coinbase account, what's the best exchange to catch the earlier stuff?

2 months later
#5780 2 years ago

It's backwards so far. So many video games fail, or have a really limited life. What will be interesting is when someone like Epic Games (fortnite, rocket league) with a long successful franchise starts to tie in NFTs. My nephew basically considers VBucks to be legal tender.

1 week later
#5821 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Anyone betting on a Super Bowl ad pump?

There's been quite a few commercials and the market is currently down. I think the ads were pretty bad. Not clear... who's going to scan a floating QR code??? And I'm sure people are confused that there are so many markets.

#5876 2 years ago

Some political talk is inevitable, but if we want to be allowed to freely discuss those things and how they affect crypto, it makes sense to keep those comments to the point. Maybe even treat others with a modicum of respect.

I'm really not interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on the vaccine, communism, blah blah fucking blah. It's not relevant. If you start using crypto discussions to take political digs it can only mean you've exhausted all other audiences, and you're a full-blown asshole.

1 week later
#5949 2 years ago

Seeing Ukranians standing in line at the bank is a bit of an eye opener to the benefits of decentralized finance.

1 month later
#6136 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Bravo to whoever it was that bought that Bored Ape here.

As long as they didn't sell it for $115

#6141 2 years ago

Wow, well done. I don't really get the nft thing in its current form, but definitely see its future potential. Really hard to ignore some of you guys making a killing, but the projects I've shadow picked have all fizzled, so it doesn't seem like I have the chops to turn a profit in that arena.

I think you did the right thing in liquidating one of them. I think holding the other until you're comfortable selling is a reasonable play. Scratching out those gains to buy-in on a more expensive counterpart would make me really nervous. That would really be the opposite of diversification, which is what you stated you're looking to do.

3 weeks later
#6323 1 year ago
200 (4).gif200 (4).gif
1 week later
#6478 1 year ago

I'm loving the point, counter-point.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi?tu=deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.