(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,233 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240301-124124 (resized).png
20240229_085145 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #438 Bitcoin gain loss chart by month from 2011 to Feb 2021 Posted by Pdxmonkey (3 years ago)

Post #946 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (3 years ago)

Post #3247 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1458 2 years ago

Man, ETH is on an absolute tear. Just broke $4K for the first time ever.

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So whats better
Ethereum or bitcoin cash?
I have maybe $300 In bcc, but can transfer it to ethereum if someone think it has a better long term outlook.
I sold tge $500 i had in doge. Left the extra $300 ‘profit’ in there for the time being.

ETH.

It is way more than just a cryptocurrency. It allows for programming across thousands if not millions of computers, one of the pillars of DeFi, and is a currency for NFTs.

Meanwhile, BTC sits there as digital gold. ETH will catch up over time.

#1657 2 years ago

Bought my first shares of Cardano today. Just makes sense. It doesnt seem to be really faltering. Woukd be nice if this ends up being the next ETH.

#1676 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Trust me, you're still early. Everyone getting into Bitcoin always feels late... everyone. You beat the US ETF's, you beat the vast majority of institutions, you beat all central banks.

Not gonna lie, that alone made me want to invest in BTC. All very good points.

#1690 2 years ago

Someone needs to lock down Elon's mouth. No one person should have THIS level of influence and control.

#1868 2 years ago

Just bought more $ETH. Good time to do so!

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

That's kind of what I was thinking. Most of the gains for the last few months have been wiped out, the news has completely soured and I'm having to zoom further and further out to see when thing were last profitable.

Put your fun money in and don't look at it. If it bothers you that much, cash out and don't jump back in for a while.

This is not for the faint of heart. I understand your stress as I have been dealing with it too. I bought in, and I try to look maybe 2 times a day or it will drive me crazy.

#2036 2 years ago

This is where true believers and FOMO'ers are separated.

#2112 2 years ago

Crypto starting to recover...been buying $ETH here and there all day. Selling when it goes down more than once in a 5 minute period and than rebuying once the dip settles. Inched my way up 0.2 ETH doing it and have more than I did earlier today for less $$.

It's testing the $2750 mark pretty hard right now.

1 week later
#2270 2 years ago

Yep, Coinbase Pro. Better control and way lower fees.

1 week later
#2451 2 years ago

Lord Elon has spoken and the market goes up..........

I can't wait until the day the entire crypto market isn't dependent on the figurative words of ONE GUY on the earth....

5 months later
#4633 2 years ago

Great time to buy!! Just got more ETH and BTC.

#4684 2 years ago

Nice dip yesterday - bought more $ETH.

5 years from now, some are going to look back and say "glad I did" while others will say "wish I had".

I prefer the former.

#4743 2 years ago

Bought more $ETH as it approached $4K and actually went below it a tiny bit before getting steam back into $4100+. As long as you do not sell, you haven't lost....

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Been trying to find up and coming crypto gaming to invest in. Thetan Arena looks really promising. It's a battle royale game though fairly simplistic and built for quick games. Actually iit has a few different game modes including a moba style. Gets released in a couple days and judging by the gameplay I saw could be a blast to play. Current market cap is 500m. Could easily become a multi billion cap game like axie. Though sure no guarantee of that, do your own dd.
Frankly I think some of the current larger games could easily be displaced. Sandbox though probably has legs.

I bought a couple of these, especially MANA while it was still in the low 4s:

#4819 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man...Crypto makes me feel stupid AF. Every part of it feels overly complicated and shady. I finally got Crypto.com installed, but actually putting money in it is like they don't want my money. Why do they only push and not pull...like nearly every other thing out there. I have absolutely zero idea how to automate that from my credit union because it's never been necessary on any account before.
These are the same reasons I didn't jump into it years ago.

I loathe....LOATHE crypto.com.

I buy virtual reality coins from Gemini and BTC/ETH from BlockFi (gain interest on both cryptos from these respective platforms).

Coinbase Pro is great for low fees but no APY gained.

Coinbase regular is just for brand new peple willing to take a .01 - 10% fee for every transaction.

#4864 2 years ago

Interesting. The Metaverse Group (that I didn’t even know existed) purchased a $2.43 million parcel of land in Decentraland. I found this in an article where they discussed what they planned for the space.
"The estate will be developed to facilitate fashion shows and commerce within the exploding digital fashion industry," the statement reads. "Metaverse Group also plans to establish partnerships with several existing fashion brands who are looking to connect with new audiences and expand their ecommerce offerings within the metaverse."
If other companies start to plow cash into Decentraland, the token could moon in price. Maybe $5 isn’t such a bad price after all……..??????

Got 20 units already. Buying more soon.

#4874 2 years ago

When you say “units” do you mean MANA tokens or parcels of land in Decentraland?

My bad - MANA tokens.

#4892 2 years ago

$ETH taking off like a bat outta hell.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4929 2 years ago

I'm sticking with BTC and ETH mainly. Some of the others are interesting like MATIC, Cardano, and Litecoin - but these crap coins like Doge and Shiba - hell with that. If you aren't there when it first spikes 30000%, you're wasting your time. The fact Doge and Shiba are even in the same paragraphs as BTC and ETH when I read on crypto makes me roll my eyes so hard.

#4932 2 years ago

On a side note, support levels look really shaky right now. Anyone have this funny feeling like we are all about to get crushed?
My spidey senses are tingling and not in a good way…..

No. Stop worrying yourself silly. It's going to go up, and it is going to go down. Don't worry about what blowhards say - this market tends to trend up. Remember May through September? Crypto was down hard - then through all the media BS - it found its footing and now we're near all-time highs again (Ethereum at least. BTC still has some decent recovery to make.)

I say this as a fellow crypto enthusiast: if this stresses you out, I suggest you pull your funds and invest in index funds (I invest in VOO, and the stress is about as intense as a gentle ocean breeze).

#4942 2 years ago

Bought more BTC and ETH. I love fire sales!

#4959 2 years ago

Time to buy more!!! Loading up on $ETH

#4962 2 years ago

Be careful. You’re trying to catch a falling knife right now.
Support levels have broke on almost everything. Positions are getting liquidated left and right. The metrics don’t really show a bottom.
I think this is going to get worse before it gets better.

I'll take the risk. As long as you don't sell, you don't lose. Just have to be patient.

#4964 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The lower it goes the more I'll buy....need to find some more fiat though!

Sell Tron. Boom - problem solved!

#4976 2 years ago

Was good to get in around $3800 last night. Crazy to think a year ago we could have gotten in around $1100. Oh well, if $ETH goes to $10K down the road, we will be glad we invested now!

#4978 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

1st time I bought ETH it was $232.

Geez...............

$1100 club here. Really bought in on Jan-Feb 2021.

#5002 2 years ago

More purchases to come either way!!!

#5015 2 years ago

I prefer to keep my unrealized profits. All my gains over the last year have been wiped out and then some. A lot of my profitable positions are no longer profitable. I've seen what to me is a lot of money wiped out in the last few days. I'm down about 40% and it's still falling.

Totally fair. I got out when things started going south in late May/early June and stayed by the sidelines until Nov. No crystal ball here, but I am anticipating that $ETH will stay strong and have an upward projectory over the years. No way to know for sure - hoping it follows the historic trend of the markets.

#5077 2 years ago

Looks like it's going to be a painful weekend. Ugh.

Quoted from Astropin:

Yep...I'm getting ready to buy.

Shit, I'm like Zach Meny over here: BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!!

#5100 2 years ago

I'm just curious for all of you that are rooting for it to keep dropping. At what point do you want it to stop? $30k? $10k? Sooner or later people start packing it in if it keeps dropping and dropping. Hell, let's root for $50.
I guess I'm just completely confused why someone would root for their investment to significantly decline in value. Sure, you might be in it for the long term, but do you really want the price to degrade over the course of the next decade or something?
Most people look at it and say "Damn, it keeps crashing, I don't want any part of that" and then move on. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the "Let it crash" cheerleaders.
No offense intended, but I'm legitimately curious.

Because this market traditionally keeps a positive incline on a year to year basis. Reviewing the charts on all the major cryptos at CoinMarketCap can give you an "all time" graph for each. This year was a MASSIVE increase. The price of $ETH on 31 Dec 2020 was $730 and BTC was $32K. This one year, crypto took off like a rabid rocket off the chain. Now, we are having 15% swings, and people are getting skiddish.

This is a long-term play - think 5 years absolute minimum. Cryptos can have an 80% swing in volatility - meaning BTC would lose nearly $48K of its $66K high and ETH would go to $960 or so if something like that happened. You have retail investors (us) who don't even know how to say "Ethereum" but seeing Shiba Inu going to the figurative moon all over nothing but hype, while BTC and ETH have real-world digital applications and they just buy blindly. Then you have whales selling billions of crypto off on a whim or due to insider info exclusive to them, or intentionally initiating massive sell-offs to artificially bring the price down so they can buy even more tokens at cheaper prices then before the massive sell-offs.

This market is still in its infancy. This is like comparing the NYSE to its baby days in the 1860s. If you believe this is the future, then invest like you would ETFs, index funds, or dividend stocks. You do NOT LOSE unless you sell at a loss. Personally, I believe in this long term and feel dips like this are normal and expected as the market grows and finds its footing.

I think, and this is subjective, in 5 years, people will be kicking themselves if they aren't in right now. I think we're in the beginning stages of this market.

2 weeks later
#5351 2 years ago

Saw the dip lately - bought more $ETH!

#5397 2 years ago

I've stayed totally quiet on this, but I'll come out now as I am genuine:

What is it with all these NFTs? I am looking at these pictures some of you are posting and am asking myself "Really? There is money to be made with drag gorillas?"

Seriously, I do not understand it - this feels VERY "fly by night" to me. Cryptos have been around for a minute, but this NFT stuff has the snake-oil vibe - at least the ones posted here. The ones of massive popular internet memes - ok - I do kind of understand it - some people want to have the 1 : 1 picture of Bad Luck Brian or the girl in front of the house fire or overly obssessed g/f...ok, got it. But these monkey and gorilla pictures......REALLY ?

Someone, please educate me. Cause I am stuck in "BTC/ETH" world with a tiny bit of MANA for fun.

#5399 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You’re missing the utility…
Most aren’t just art. Some connect and grant owners a variety of perks.
Those perks can be
Profit sharing ($$$)
Whitelist and airdrops
IRL giveaways
Information
VIP events
Software and/or bot access
It can be like a stock, membership, QR code and raffle ticket rolled into one with a drag monkey.
While that paints a rosy picture there’s also a lot of risk in the space. Like everyday 300 NFT projects on average launch. 99% will fail and just leave bag holders. The goal is to find those 1% blue chips.

So, no joke, and I'm not being a dick - I'm getting down to brass tacks here: you're basically hoping to win the lottery (equivalently)...?

I understand nearly zero about this stuff as crypto, index funds, ROTH TSPs, ROTH IRAs, and dividend stocks are the limits of my knowledge.

Is there any decent "NFTs: why they are important and how they work" videos/webpages out there for brand new people interested in learning?

#5437 2 years ago

I transferred all $ETH to Gemini (coin, not the crypto exchange) at 9% APY while this dip occurs. We may be looking at another bear market, and hey, fine with me. If $ETH drops to sub-$2500, I'll buy in and have WAY more down the road.

1 year later
#7471 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That’s OKX, says 30x.
https://www.okx.com/web3
Blocked for USA, idk what Canada allows.

Not blocked if you use a VPN....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.