(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #438 Bitcoin gain loss chart by month from 2011 to Feb 2021 Posted by Pdxmonkey (3 years ago)

Post #946 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (3 years ago)

Post #3247 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EricHadley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#298 3 years ago

I am diggin RVN right now! Been mining it for 1.5 yrs, amassed 250k coins. All of a sudden went from a penny and a half to a high of 28 cents on Saturday morning. KUNG POW!

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

A lot of inexperienced crypto people are selling off their stuff today in a panic.

I’m in for the ride! I want millions!

#323 3 years ago

This is fun when you are only into it for $3000 worth of electricity over the 2 years. Basically feels like I am playing with someone else's money!

I guess what I am getting at is it's easier to ride out the dips when I am just into it for a slightly higher electric bill over the past 18 months or so.

or in pinball terms I am into roughly 4 JJP CE's for 18 months of a slightly higher electric bill

#462 3 years ago

Those of you wanting to mine, don't buy a gaming computer. Your dollars are better spent building a real mining rig using a motherboard specifically designed for mining, a small amount of RAM and a cheap CPU. Then load it up with GPU's. My rig's Motherboard can run up to 13 GPU's, I am currently running 8 NVidia RTX 2060's. The trick to GPU's is finding a nice balance of performance, cost and watts to operate. For me the RTX 2060's fit that perfectly. The super top end cards are just simply too expensive for the marginal increase in performance.

problem is, all of this stuff is practically unavailable at the moment due to COVID and demand.

Note it also depends on what you want to mine. I mine RVN and ETH. Interesting to note that I earn about double mining ETH AND it draws less power.

Also note, I think Crypto currency is horrible for the environment. TONS of electricity is being wasted having computers around the world try to solve difficult problems to just get the privilege to confirm transactions.

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How much ETH do you mine per month?

It varies a lot, but roughly 1 ETH a month

Edit, after looking at my charts it really bounces anywhere from 1/2 ETH to 1 ETH a month so average is probably more like 3/4 ETH a month. Up until the recent RVN pop I was raking in 18,000-20,000 RVN a month but now its way way down due to so many miners jumping in, difficulty sky rocketed.

#491 3 years ago

I am still enjoying my RVN that was worthless then shot up and is now holding way higher than my electricity cost. This is fun! Yeeee hawwwwww

#495 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I noticed that the difficulty went through the roof really quick. I have older cards and was getting 100RVN about every 2 days. It now takes 7 days to mine 100RVN. I might need to see what else I can mine. It's still profitable though, but not by a lot.

Yeah I switched to mining ETH but that is slowly getting worse too and I see RVN is going up in value today so that only spells more difficulty for that coin. Which I am perfectly fine with

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

If the miners are set to lose a fair bit of profit, and they move to mining other crypto in place of ethereum, will that have much of an effect on ethereum? I would think that it would, but I don’t know much about the mining aspect.

This^
I mine whatever is most profitable and trade monthly earnings into bitcoin.

1 week later
#718 3 years ago

RVN had another nice pop today

4 weeks later
#1048 3 years ago

RVN keeps trying to pop to the moon but can’t quite get there. Yet

3 weeks later
#1512 2 years ago

Dumped all my ETH back into 228,000 RVN, now to ride another RVN wave as ETH seem stalled at $4100ish

#1520 2 years ago

Every penny move on RNV when you hold around half a million coin is a nice move, assuming it's moving up and not down

7 months later
#5247 2 years ago

What will happen to RVN when it halves in Jan? I’m still sitting on my pile of coins hopeful for a sweet payout someday

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EricHadley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi?tu=EricHadley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.