(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,244 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #438 Bitcoin gain loss chart by month from 2011 to Feb 2021 Posted by Pdxmonkey (3 years ago)

Post #946 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (3 years ago)

Post #3247 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1208 2 years ago

I wonder if the CBDC (central bank digital currency) has anything to do with this dip?
Eventually we all will be using crypto but I don’t think it will go unregulated.

7 months later
#4852 2 years ago

I’m trying to get into crypto, is Gemini a safe site to buy from?

#4854 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It is the safest exchange so far by a long shot. It’s the only exchange that is fdic insured. It is also backed by Fidelity.

Thanks!I appreciate it,this stuff seems so complicated to me sometimes.I’m looking into kraken as well but eventually want to hold my crypto’s on a hard wallet,any recommendations?I herd some bad things about the Ledger nano X not working right sometimes.

6 months later
#6712 1 year ago

This is just the beginning!

#6732 1 year ago

You'd hope that someone with a technical background would at least read one or two articles on the inner workings of crypto/blockchain, if not the original white paper. But nope, they just want quick riches. I had an argument with a friend that bitcoin and even perhaps ethereum could be the Dot Com era's AOL in terms of how quickly they can become obsolete. The internet is still around and useful; profiting from the Internet was limited to an extreme few. Getting people to untangle future adaptation of technology and profiting from it is difficult.

#6734 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I’m not even going to think about my NFTs and how completely worthless they are.
Oh well, at least I got a car out of it.

Obligatory favorite explanation of NFTs:

imagine if you went up to the mona lisa and you were like "i'd like to own this" and someone nearby went "give me 65 million dollars and i'll burn down an unspecified amount of the amazon rainforest in order to give you this receipt of purchase" so you paid them and they went "here's your receipt, thank you for your purchase" and went to an unmarked supply closet in the back of the museum and posted a handmade label inside it behind the brooms that said "mona lisa currently owned by morechatter" so if anyone wants to know who owns it they'd have to find this specific closet in this specific hallway and look behind the correct brooms. and you went "can i take the mona lisa home now" and they went "oh god no are you stupid? you only bought the receipt that says you own it, you didn't actually buy the mona lisa itself, you can't take the real mona lisa you idiot. you CAN take this though." and gave you the replica print in a cardboard tube that's sold in the gift shop. also the person selling you the receipt of purchase has at no point in time ever owned the mona lisa.

unfortunately, if this doesnt really make sense or seem like any logical person would be happy about this exchange, then you've understood it perfectly

#6738 1 year ago

BBFCB4C5-C1AE-41E5-8EE7-49A1FCEED6F3 (resized).pngBBFCB4C5-C1AE-41E5-8EE7-49A1FCEED6F3 (resized).png

#6746 1 year ago

Bill Gates says crypto and NFTs are '100% based on greater fool theory'

#6748 1 year ago

Kill Bill gots his own ideas about what digital money should be...

Patent WO / 2020/060606 relates to officially recorded facts. It was registered on March 26, 2020. It was made by Microsoft Technology Licensing LLC under the presidency of Gates and gained international status on April 22, 2020. " Cryptocurrency system using body activity data " is the title of this patent.

The online patent application can be summarized as follows: The human body activity associated with the task provided to a user can be used in the mining process of a cryptocurrency system. A server can provide a task to a user's device connected to the server. A sensor attached to the user's device or positioned within it can detect the user's body activity. Body activity data can be generated based on the attained body activity of the user. The cryptocurrency system connected to the user's device can verify whether the data generated by body activity meet the conditions set by the cryptocurrency system, and can issue cryptocurrency to the user whose body activity data is verified."

In other words, thanks to the crypto money, the chip that monitors the daily physical activity of the person will be placed in the body. If the conditions are met, the person receives certain bonuses that can be spent on something.

#6750 1 year ago
Quoted from Damen:

In other words, thanks to the crypto money, the chip that monitors the daily physical activity of the person will be placed in the body. If the conditions are met, the person receives certain bonuses that can be spent on something.

#6752 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Microsoft's version of Running Man is going to be a hit in 2030 as the poor, implanted with a chip, compete for money and prizes.

Hunger games!

#6755 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

If you ever work at larger tech places you'll know how irrelevant digging out specific patents like that is. These places throw patent applications at the wall daily, see what sticks.

I don’t know something about 2020 and 666 just
doesn’t seem like a funny coincidence.

#6758 1 year ago

I think once the economy fully collapses and the food shortages start they will introduce the central bank digital currencies and people won’t have a choice.Accept or starve!

#6760 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

No way, that's the fantasy of every gold bug, then they will be kings in the survival chain because they horded gold for the apocalypse.

You can’t eat gold!

Bill Gates is the biggest private owner of farmland in the United States. Why?

#6763 1 year ago

We are going into a deep severe recession and people will be going hungry.In order for the central banks to bail the system out they need to go negative on interest rates.And if they go negative on peoples bank accounts then people will pull their money out of the system and sit on cash,that means the central banking system will fail.So in order to keep the peoples money inside of the system they need to take the cash out.
This is what they are going to do according to the IMF.

#6765 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Better have some insurance then

Yes,buy farmland and be self sustainable.Bitcoin will not save you from what’s coming.

#6767 1 year ago

We are going through the Great Reset according to the WEF and the IMF.We are moving away from cash and into a blockchain based system(which bitcoin was an experiment for)this upcoming recession/depression along with current geopolitical conflicts,and environmental concerns will be the catalyst for the transition into a more “equitable”future for all!

Raising rates will only buy more time but eventually the cost to service the debt along with a shrinking tax base from massive unemployment will force rates back down and eventually negative.
We are in endgame for our current financial system.

#6768 1 year ago

We are moving from a growth based economy to one based on the Wiedmar Republic!

#6791 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My psychic says that conflicts with my birth sign and my previous life as an Egyption Pharaoh

J.P. Morgan once famously said that millionaires don’t need astrologers, but billionaires do.J.P. Morgan thought there was more to the market than timing, and he used astrologers to help guide him in that timing in his businesses and investments.

Sounds like some nutcase “conspiracy theorist” to me!

#6793 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

That's the dumbest shit I've read in ages. Billionaires don't need anything, let alone astrologers.

You are not smarter than JP Morgan.

#6795 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

My horoscope says I am.

You are a blinded by your own ignorance!
Typical American.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi?tu=Damen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.