(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,273 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #438 Bitcoin gain loss chart by month from 2011 to Feb 2021 Posted by Pdxmonkey (3 years ago)

Post #946 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (3 years ago)

Post #3247 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5639 2 years ago

So, hey, all you crypto veterans, question. A friend of mine finally convinced me to invest in crypti a few months ago. Looking back now, I realize that was a terrible time to jump in. I've been putting a little more in every so often as values dip. Friday a.m. I put 1k into a bunch of different stuff. As we can alp see, it's still dropping pretty drastically. Would you veterans hold off? Or should u maybe throw another 1k at it? Thoughts??

#5641 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You’re buying options, which is a common stock practice, the simplest way I can explain is your buying the stock or commodity (Bitcoin)in the future and picking a price. You pick the date and price. A call is you think the price will raise, a put go down. Example let’s say today you buy a call for 12/31/22 of btc at 50k, The price today is 35k. What your hoping for is the price to go over 50k because on the date you can buy (exercise) the option buy btc at a cheaper price. Most of the time people sell the option before the exercise date.
Example say the 50k call.
Let’s say btc goes to 75k. If you bought one btc at 35k and the value is 75k your profit selling is +40k.
Let’s say you bought 50k calls and it goes to 75k from 35k. If you bought the calls for 35k (I wouldn’t buy all at one price but for the example to make it easy) you would buy 525 contracts.
If by the 50k hammer price the price is at 75k you stand to be able to sell your calls at about 120k profit (estimate because you need a buyer to complete the sell without exercising) if you waited till the end. Time is a big factor as you can sell contracts early and if you asset moves more in the direction it’s worth more. Personally I never exercise them and always sell before. I try to slowly start selling when in profit.
Risks
Huge risks if you miss you target along the way the money you put up decays faster. If you wait till exercise date and miss the hammer your calls are worthless or next to worthless.
If options are new to you please do a lot of research. The rewards are greater if you call them right the punishments are much greater too. It’s a confusing process till you do it a few times.
Edit: NFA
[quoted image]

Wtf??? Lol.... man I'm just too old for this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi?tu=CoolCatPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.