(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #438 Bitcoin gain loss chart by month from 2011 to Feb 2021 Posted by Pdxmonkey (3 years ago)

Post #946 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (3 years ago)

Post #3247 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Spyderturbo007 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago

my major crypto holdings that I purchased last summer are

BTC
ETH
ATOM

and a few other very small holdings that coinbase gave out for free

AT THIS POINT, I WOULD ONLY BUY CRYPTO WITH MONEY YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm just having problems wrapping my head around buying more BTC or ETH. The prices are really up there and we haven't seen much of a pull back since December. Every time I think it's going to pull back, it just keeps going up.

There will always be pull backs, the question is how much.
My uneducated guess is that with more and more institutional investors buying up BTC; the downside should be more limited then in the past

#113 3 years ago

Not that anyone cares, but I ended up buying ALGO with the BTC I transferred today. I should have just bought it on Coinbase, but the entire MATIC being based in India and the 45 Billion ADA turned me off a little. ALGO was on my watch list for awhile and I'm getting 6% in staking rewards.
So I bought BTC on Coinbase, sent it to Binance, bought ALGO (which I could have just bought on Coinbase) and then sent the ALGO back to Coinbase. I would have staked it on Binance, but their export of transaction history is absolutely terrible. The Coinbase export is much easier to import into my tracking software which is why I sent it back.
On a side note, the ALGO transfer took about 30s and cost me a whooping 0.01 ALGO, or $0.0123. That's what the all crypto needs!
Like I said though, not that anyone cares.

I Care

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I may be getting a little carried away now. I'm 54 and my crypto assets now represent 41% of my entire portfolio. I'm both, a little scared and excited. Now a lot of that 41% is from gains...so it's not like I've socked away over 40 percent of my savings into crypto. But still...it's grown enough now that if I lost it, it would hurt.
Okay...now that that's off my chest, time to go buy some more crypto.

I am about the same age, and that's way more than I would be comfortable with.
If your crypto holdings drop 50% - would you be ok with that?

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

What are peoples thoughts On Cosmos? Sell now while it's flirting on around it's highest, or is it going to continue its growth?

I would not buy any more at these levels, but I am holding what I have

#240 3 years ago

Anybody own Compound (COMP)
Bought some around $161 it's now around 454
thinking about buying some more

#271 3 years ago

People get trapped into seeing a low price and thinking it's a good value

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Even if you bought Bitcoin in 2017 at its previous high of $20k, you’d still be doing well today

if you didn't panic and sell at 10k

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

A lot of inexperienced crypto people are selling off their stuff today in a panic.

would love to see a 20%+ drop so I can buy some more

#316 3 years ago

I think you found it. My portfolio is down 20% in the last 24h. I could have bought a car with what I lost.

Was specifically referring to BTC
would like to see it back under $40k before I think about buying more

BTC went from the 20's to under 10k
could easily drop 25-40% again

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

For those of you that have been in crypto since 2017 or before. How does this run feel compared to the run in 2017? I’m not suggesting this will end in a crash or not. And either way, I plan to hold what I’ve bought. I’m more curious if it feels the same, or if the dips and resistances feel different, if it feels different due to more institutional support, etc. I wasn’t in crypto for the last spike, so I am just curious to hear about it.

More institutional and major holders now

3 weeks later
#766 3 years ago

never knew there was a coinbase pro

3 weeks later
#1020 3 years ago

I wonder how much Bitcoin is permanently out of circulation due to people buying and losing where they stored it or not being able to gain access

1 week later
#1191 3 years ago

this bitcoin drop will shake out some of the timid that bought over 60k

3 weeks later
#1801 2 years ago

bought some more Bitcoin at 31
last buy was a year ago below 9
converted some of my other holdings to Bitcoin.

I am a long term investor that has been waiting to buy more
50% off highs seems ok to me - stuffing it in a vault and holding

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Nice score. I was Coinblocked by Coinbase.

I had no issue with Coinbase this morning, added some BTC around 31 with a quick bank transfer

#1871 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Interesting that Wells Fargo is going to start a managed crypto offering but only for wealthy clients. Have to make 200K a year or have assets of 1M to qualify. Curious what this turns out to be.
https://decrypt.co/71370/wealthy-clients-wells-fargo-will-soon-be-able-buy-bitcoin?&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=feed&utm_source=coinbase

I think that would be good, I would give it a try

#1893 2 years ago
Quoted from canea:

This works until it doesn't. I recently got a new phone and didn't realize I needed to import my 2fa code from the old phone before wiping it. Guess what, can't log into coinbase and there's no way to do it unless you recover your account, a nerveracking progress that takes 72+ hours. And the 2fa thing on coinbase is so streamlined there's no easy to get that info off it even when you're logged in.

I see that as an extra layer of security and a good thing

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Put your fun money in and don't look at it. If it bothers you that much, cash out and don't jump back in for a while.
This is not for the faint of heart. I understand your stress as I have been dealing with it too. I bought in, and I try to look maybe 2 times a day or it will drive me crazy.

Agree - only have in crypto what I can afford to go to 0

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I still honestly think this will be at 100k by xMas with a few blips along the way. That 30k was bargain price if any one managed to buy a chunk.
If it did reach 100k I’d probably cash half out and enjoy life a little more

Sorry, I don't see it
When it gets back to 50-60 range there will be a lot of sellers wanting to get out

#2122 2 years ago

The fact that a large majority of people question/don't understand crypto's worth makes this the most profitable time to invest for long term gains

#2138 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The most profitable time would have been years ago. When Bitcoin dropped from $20k down to $5k, my friend lost a bit of money but said “now is the time to invest.” He made it back and then some. I have a fundamental problem with the energy consumption some cryptos require, but to get him off my back I put $500 into Bitcoin last week when it was around $40k. It immediately dropped to $32k but I guess it’s recovered a little. I consider it money lost, and if years from now I come out ahead then it will be a pleasant surprise.

IDK - I bough in around $9,000 range a year ago
Get back to me in 5 years and lets recheck the math

1 week later
#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Look, I know some of you think I'm overly bullish on Bitcoin...and others, think I'm completely off my rocker. I get it. I often talk about BTC in a future tense.
When I say Bitcoin is a Store of Value, really that's the future, that's how I see it playing out. Right now BTC is a volatile asset.
Here's the thing, you don't want to invest for growth in a store of value. You want to invest when that future store of value is still a volatile asset! The volatility is a feature, not a bug.
You wanted to invest in Amazon in the early 2010's. You could say 1997 when it IPO'd at $18...but then it was more of a gamble. But, had you bought in 2012 at $200...now that was a smart trade! It was clearly showing signs of it's potential by then.
BTC right now is Amazon in 2012....just with a much higher ceiling.

Agree, I bought more at 31k and will add more again if it goes that low or lower in the future
Also, I don't pay much attention to it's value - check it only a few times a month - store it and forget about it

#2325 2 years ago

I say this is the end of the bull run and the bear market is now. Lower highs and lower lows. Regulatory fear, mining bans and moving averages that just keep falling.
Most analysts predict BTC testing and breaking through the $30k support and falling as low as the projected $19k floor.
Death cross imminent which according to Cointelegraph has always spelling the end of the bull market and the start of the bear market.
“ As Cointelegraph reported, traders are already on edge over a potential “death cross” involving two key moving averages that could spell further downside.
This could extend beyond the short term, Cane Island Alternative Advisors investment manager Timothy Peterson noted, thanks to BTC/USD now lingering below its 200-day moving average for almost three weeks.
“This metric has *always* marked the end of a bull run and the start of a bear market,” he added in comments on Monday.
I think we are done making money for awhile. All of my 2021 gains (that I didn’t dispose of a few weeks ago) have been wiped out. BTC Price has dropped back to where it was in December when the bull run started.
Things don’t look good at all. From what I keep reading there are no positive metrics regarding the crytpto space.
I want to be wrong but things don’t look good.

would love for it to hit $19k so I can load up
bought some more today at $31ish

not concerned about short term value at all, get back to me in 5 years

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The thing I wonder is how they're going to handle the volatility. You could be shopping for a TV, and literally while you're in the store it could cost 5% more or 5% less, lol. The volatility makes it very hard to be usable on a day to day basis for the stores. Just look at the last month, if you didn't immediately change your bitcoin into cash after sales, it may have sent your business into bankruptcy if it operates on small margins but big revenue.

Also what about capital gains, if they even have that tax there.
Every time you use BTC in the US you are subject to capital gains (assuming the value of your BTC has risen)

1 week later
#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I don't follow crypto as closely as some of you (I only have a few grand in it) but I am a big stock investor and finance guy. I think crypto has significant headwinds in front of it right now and I would urge caution before throwing money in this right now. Spyderturbo007 asked about when you pull the ripcord and as an investor, I would think that if you have gains you might consider locking those in now. I think this thing can fall further so do not think this is the time to average down (I myself am not averaging down at this time because I don't think we are at bottom).
I know that folks have been touting crypto (particularly BTC) as a store of value and that they hold these beliefs dear. I think the volatility that we are seeing proves that we are not deep enough in the maturity cycle yet for BTC to be a true store of value and that instead, it is a speculative investment at this point. Please, please be careful out there with your investments. This is not calling anybody out and is not my intention. But when your investment drops by half and you have the governmental headwinds that is a time be diligent when you make investment decisions.
GLTA.

Agree - it's still speculative. I have been saying, only invest with what you are willing to 100% loose
That being said, I am mostly in ETH and BTC for the long haul with cash I can afford to loose and do not need

#2679 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Did anyone else buy AMP on Coinbase after doing the quizzes and getting $3 worth free? I bought $100 worth just to see what happens, it's up 5%, but most of my coins are up alot more than that in the past day or two.

I converted it to BTC

3 weeks later
#2880 2 years ago

been buying BTC on dips, but feel like it's going lower from here so I am holding off any more buying until it's in the mid 20k
25k would pull me in to buy some more
If it doesn't hit that, so be it, I am fine with what I have

2 weeks later
#2988 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

been buying BTC on dips, but feel like it's going lower from here so I am holding off any more buying until it's in the mid 20k
25k would pull me in to buy some more
If it doesn't hit that, so be it, I am fine with what I have

Well ... I was wrong on that call
which, like I said, is fine becuase I bought in a few times at around 31

2 months later
#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

would love for it to hit $19k so I can load up
bought some more today at $31ish
not concerned about short term value at all, get back to me in 5 years

a lot quicker recovery than I expected

1 month later
#4618 2 years ago

I've been getting pummeled the last 24-36 hours. Takes 2 - 3 week to go up and 2 - 3 hours to drop like a rock.

who cares, let BTC drop down to the low 30's again so I can buy some more - I did not buy enough on the last drop

#4678 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I get it, but this really is a long play - think of the people who've been holding this stuff for 10 years. You're only slaughtered if you sell. I don't think of this stuff like stocks where it is dependent on earnings. This is basically, how many people can you convince to put money into it - with no actual backing. Since people want this to takeover FIAT, I would say you should hope for it to go as low as possibles so you can load up on it if you hadn't already. I said 30k because it seemed more realistic than 5k at this point but I doubt it gets anywhere near that. My profits are pretty much already gone because of where I bought in, but long term, it will go back up unless of course, it really is a pyramid scheme.

+ crypto is still very risky and you should only go into it with money you can afford to lose

2 weeks later
#4973 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

At what point do you think BTC will stabilize to the point that it makes an actual useful currency?

Not sure, but I do know that once we reach that point there will little profit left to make trading BTC

#4974 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Come on 30k!!!!
Seriously, unlike a stock in which a company can go belly up, if you really believe BTC is the future and you aren't going to use/sell it for 10-20+ years, then you should welcome the massive drops as opportunity. I bought a bit at 53k because...it's still down less than the rest of my portfolio.
Edit.53 not 57

Correct, I do and bought a bunch more when it dropped to the 30's this year

5 months later
#6301 1 year ago

People are calling on Coinbase users to transfer their crypto into hardware wallets after the exchange warned a bankruptcy could mean losing their investment

https://www.businessinsider.com/coinbase-users-transfer-crypto-cold-hardware-wallets-2022-5

1 week later
#6400 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yes ...that's why I said it's a long way off.
You want to get BTC before it gets established as a reserve asset.

Or sell it before it loses most of its value....

3 weeks later
#6620 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Are you not bullish on BTC anymore? From previous posts you seemed to be enthusiastic about it and wanting to store it for the long haul and buy more

Sold off all my holdings when it was over $30k at a decent profit
will consider jumping back in when it reaches the low teens

9 months later
#7641 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's like people have forgotten all those exchanges that melted down too... for doing basically the same kind of thing. Leveraging assets to try to generate new assets.
Trying to tie this to crypto is non-sense as usual. If you don't want your asset leveraged and want to keep 100% control of it.. you don't give it to someone else to lend out.

Except banks have FDIC and exchanges do not

#7656 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The post was basically trying to shame banks for not having 100% of your assets on hand. .

How would banks make a profit if they keep 100% of all assets on hand?

1 week later
#7736 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

much easier to fake gold than it is Bitcoin.

But not impossible

#7739 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Actually it is. The validators will reject a fake transaction. There hasn’t been a case of a fake transaction getting confirmed on base layer.

If man created it ...... man can break it
just because it has not been done, doesn't mean it's not possible

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi?tu=BMore-Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.