(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 166.
#4901 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

As for banning Defi, god forbid us mere mortals get to trade like the big boys. Better ban that shit for our own protection. We're too stupid to know what's good for us. Thank goodness the politicians are there to protect us! /sarcasm

I don't think it will be banned. Just regulated...which will knock out many of the players, but not all.

#4902 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You could interpret this is a warning to avoid it or a get it now while the getting is good…

Well, you know where I stand

#4903 2 years ago

You could qualify for free airdrops if you’re an xlm or xrp holder.

Airdrops.IO

Quoted from Astropin:

I don't think it will be banned. Just regulated...which will knock out many of the players, but not all.

I think the coders can code faster than lawmakers can write laws. Be interesting to watch though.

#4904 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You could interpret this is a warning to avoid it or a get it now while the getting is good…

Yes, it's a sign to get out while you can and/or invest heavily now.

#4905 2 years ago

Do you guys know if going with Etherium is important when selling nft's? I'm thinking of creating an nft collection to sell and noticed Opensea lets you choose either Etherium or Polygon blockchains, with Polygon seeming to be the no brainer choice given that it doesn't have Etherium's exorbitant gas fees. But perhaps most people just prefer using Etherium because it's what they are accustomed to?

#4906 2 years ago

JACK DORSEY IS NOW FOCUSED ON ‘MAKING BITCOIN MORE THAN AN INVESTMENT’

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/business/jack-dorsey-block-spiral-focused-on-bitcoin

#4907 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Do you guys know if going with Etherium is important when selling nft's? I'm thinking of creating an nft collection to sell and noticed Opensea lets you choose either Etherium or Polygon blockchains, with Polygon seeming to be the no brainer choice given that it doesn't have Etherium's exorbitant gas fees. But perhaps most people just prefer using Etherium because it's what they are accustomed to?

Poly is a layer 2 solution…

It is way cheaper to do than Eth but less creditable. It doesn’t help there are a lot of scams on Poly. Most people skip over it. Immutable X is up and coming which uses Eth with very low fees but I think it’s also working out some issues.

Alternate networks are Tezos, ADA or Solana all cheap but you have much smaller audience. Volume wise OS is king right now.

Successful NFTs these days have either fantastic utility, marketing, or luck. I wish you luck.

Since there’s so many types of NFT I feel there’s different strengths in where and what it’s listed on. Gaming Solana, art Tezos, etc

#4908 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Poly is a layer 2 solution…
It is way cheaper to do than Eth but less creditable. It doesn’t help there are a lot of scams on Poly. Most people skip over it. Immutable X is up and coming which uses Eth with very low fees but I think it’s also working out some issues.
Alternate networks are Tezos, ADA or Solana all cheap but you have much smaller audience. Volume wise OS is king right now.
Successful NFTs these days have either fantastic utility, marketing, or luck. I wish you luck.
Since there’s so many types of NFT I feel there’s different strengths in where and what it’s listed on. Gaming Solana, art Tezos, etc

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm going after a somewhat niche market with my particular website audience so maybe it'll amount to something, but worse case even if it makes zero it's still fun as I love photography. Opensea only offers three blockchain options, Etherium, Polygon and Klatyn. Klatyn does not offer royalties, the other two do offer them. I selected Polygon for now but didn't realize there were scams on it, although I presume if you can get a blue checkmark on Opensea you'd be ok. Guess I'll keep an eye on it, really just doing it for fun right now and out of sheer curiosity.

#4909 2 years ago

I unlocked my first Crypto.com mission reward the other day, it was .7 CRO, ha ha ha, so measly!

#4910 2 years ago

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm going after a somewhat niche market with my particular website audience so maybe it'll amount to something, but worse case even if it makes zero it's still fun as I love photography. Opensea only offers three blockchain options, Etherium, Polygon and Klatyn. Klatyn does not offer royalties, the other two do offer them. I selected Polygon for now but didn't realize there were scams on it, although I presume if you can get a blue checkmark on Opensea you'd be ok. Guess I'll keep an eye on it, really just doing it for fun right now and out of sheer curiosity.

Just fyi…OS is crazy backlogged on giving those check marks out…projects that sold out months ago still don’t have the mark…it’s a very long wait now.

#4911 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just fyi…OS is crazy backlogged on giving those check marks out…projects that sold out months ago still don’t have the mark…it’s a very long wait now.

Ah good to know! Is there a better nft marketplace to use? I only went with Opensea because their interface seemed simple, they seem to have very low fees and they seem to be the top dog currently.

#4912 2 years ago

Does it have utility or is it art to enjoy?

Tbh I don’t know much about the art NFTs they seem real popular on Tezos.

#4913 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Does it have utility or is it art to enjoy?
Tbh I don’t know much about the art NFTs they seem real popular on Tezos.

No utility, purely portrait photography of particular people. Truth be told I know nothing of nft's as well, but figure why not give them a shot on something I'm already doing anyways.

#4914 2 years ago

Here's your Polygon NFTs...nothing but scammy worthless junk tokens created to take your money or compromise your wallet. I instantly hide these airdropped garbage NFTs in my OpenSea account and only deal with Ethereum NFTs. I know some have had success with Poly, Cardano and Solana NFTs, but I'll stick to the mainstream blockchain despite the ridiculous gas fees. Hopefully, Immutable X and Coinbase NFT exchanges can give OpenSea some needed competition and bring more creators and collectors safely into the NFT space and also reduce the security risks and transaction fees. The amount of scams and shady characters in the crypto and NFT space is astonishing. Right now, I see the average person getting scammed and REKT in no time flat...sad. It's still the Wild West, so I guess those risks come with the territory. Invest at your own risk and don't spend money that you need to live on in crypto or NFTs.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4915 2 years ago

When Bitcoin price gets North of 65000 people take profits and drag it down.
Every time.
North of 55000?
They take profits.
Folks are milking new investors.

#4916 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Here's your Polygon NFTs...nothing but scammy worthless junk tokens created to take your money or compromise your wallet. I instantly hide these airdropped garbage NFTs in my OpenSea account and only deal with Ethereum NFTs. I know some have had success with Poly, Cardano and Solana NFTs, but I'll stick to the mainstream blockchain despite the ridiculous gas fees. Hopefully, Immutable X and Coinbase NFT exchanges can give OpenSea some needed competition and bring more creators and collectors safely into the NFT space and also reduce the security risks and transaction fees. The amount of scams and shady characters in the crypto and NFT space is astonishing. Right now, I see the average person getting scammed and REKT in no time flat...sad. It's still the Wild West, so I guess those risks come with the territory. Invest at your own risk and don't spend money that you need to live on in crypto or NFTs.[quoted image]

I really like Solana for gaming NFTs.

#4917 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

When Bitcoin price gets North of 65000 people take profits and drag it down.
Every time.
North of 55000?
They take profits.
Folks are milking new investors.

They said that at 10k and 20k and 30k too.
One year ago we hit ATH. Since then it’s doubled.

#4918 2 years ago

I'd love to HODL more BTC so I'm thinking of buying 10k of SHIBA INU to flip.

I don't trust or care about this coin at all but I think this can do x2 or x3 in much faster pace than the others. This will then give me the opportunity to get more BTC.

Crazy idea?
Any other recommendations for possible quick flip?

#4919 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I'd love to HODL more BTC so I'm thinking of buying 10k of SHIBA INU to flip.
I don't trust or care about this coin at all but I think this can do x2 or x3 in much faster pace than the others. This will then give me the opportunity to get more BTC.
Crazy idea?
Any other recommendations for possible quick flip?

Definitely crazy, but all of us around here are some level of crazy. I don't have $10k to throw around like that, but more power to you! If you're looking for something to move one decimal point to the right, you're going to have to go the route of SHIB, FLOKI, etc. Some shitcoin that turns out to be the latest shill.

#4920 2 years ago

Don't get me wrong; 10k is a lot of money for me too but no pain no gain. I just want to accumulate BTC and I'm not very good at timing the market it seems.

In the end buying SHIB can't be worse than buying NFT's

#4921 2 years ago

Anyone every played with this?

https://app.olympusdao.finance/#/stake

#4922 2 years ago

Everyone wants to "gamble" to try and jump ahead. The problem with that is, the vast majority fail and end up worse than when they started. Hearing about other people making massive gains in shitcoins and NFT's doesn't help. Everyone thinks they can outsmart the market when the reality is, the people that do...got lucky.

Yes BTC has gone up over 2,000,000% since it monetized in 2009. What most fail to remember is 99.99% of the people who had bitcoin in 2009 sold it along the way...most when they doubled their money. So they put $1000 in....got thousands of coins and then sold when they were at $2000 thinking they were geniuses.

Bitcoin is a better "investment" today, then it was in 2009. Just like Amazon was a better investment in 2012 than it was in 1998 when it IPO'd. What I'm talking about here is risk management. Your risk of losing everything vs your reward. The best risk-adjusted investment right now (IMHO)....is BTC. That doesn't mean it's risk free...no investment is risk free...not even bonds that lose money vs inflation over 10 years.

Everyone thinks Alts will outperform BTC. Over the short term they might be right. But they also take on greater risk. Where is the line between gambling and investing? Different for everyone. When you're overexposed to high-risk investments...you're gambling.

I'm invested in Alts...all listed in the top 10 by market cap. But combined they make up 25% of my "crypto" investments.

#4923 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Here's your Polygon NFTs...nothing but scammy worthless junk tokens created to take your money or compromise your wallet. I instantly hide these airdropped garbage NFTs in my OpenSea account and only deal with Ethereum NFTs. I know some have had success with Poly, Cardano and Solana NFTs, but I'll stick to the mainstream blockchain despite the ridiculous gas fees. Hopefully, Immutable X and Coinbase NFT exchanges can give OpenSea some needed competition and bring more creators and collectors safely into the NFT space and also reduce the security risks and transaction fees. The amount of scams and shady characters in the crypto and NFT space is astonishing. Right now, I see the average person getting scammed and REKT in no time flat...sad. It's still the Wild West, so I guess those risks come with the territory. Invest at your own risk and don't spend money that you need to live on in crypto or NFTs.[quoted image]

I decided to stick with Polygon just because I'm going to go about this a totally different way. I don't expect anyone to discover my photography nft's via Opensea, or even to discover them organically at all hence why I'm not really worried about people filtering them out on Opensea. Instead I get millions of views to my websites and it's from there that I will funnel fans of particular people to my photography nft's. My big issue with gas fees is that they are quite frankly infuriating and make the entire crypto purchasing process suspicious. People rant about hidden fees and such with legacy banking but damn those fees don't hold a candle to etherium gas fees which to me are both insidious as they are displayed at the last stage of purchase, and because they seem downright confiscatory (is that a word?) in their amount. They really do seem like highway robbery and, to me at least ruin the purchase experience with crypto. I'm hoping with Polygon that the purchasing experience can be more genuine in comparison and less like a stickup at a teller machine.

#4924 2 years ago

I decided to stick with Polygon just because I'm going to go about this a totally different way. I don't expect anyone to discover my photography nft's via Opensea, or even to discover them organically at all hence why I'm not really worried about people filtering them out on Opensea. Instead I get millions of views to my websites and it's from there that I will funnel fans of particular people to my photography nft's. My big issue with gas fees is that they are quite frankly infuriating and make the entire crypto purchasing process suspicious. People rant about hidden fees and such with legacy banking but damn those fees don't hold a candle to etherium gas fees which to me are both insidious as they are displayed at the last stage of purchase, and because they seem downright confiscatory (is that a word?) in their amount. They really do seem like highway robbery and, to me at least ruin the purchase experience with crypto. I'm hoping with Polygon that the purchasing experience can be more genuine in comparison and less like a stickup at a teller machine.

It’s because Eth blew up much bigger faster than it was supposed to get.

If Eth is $100 suddenly a 2.50-5.00 charge is fine.
But at a $4500 Eth is 112.00-250.00 is crazy.

Im a big fan of Solana so far. Those fees are pennies now and there is little to no congestion on the network. However there is are some interface issues that need to be smoother imo.

#4925 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Everyone wants to "gamble" to try and jump ahead. The problem with that is, the vast majority fail and end up worse than when they started. Hearing about other people making massive gains in shitcoins and NFT's doesn't help. Everyone thinks they can outsmart the market when the reality is, the people that do...got lucky.
Yes BTC has gone up over 2,000,000% since it monetized in 2009. What most fail to remember is 99.99% of the people who had bitcoin in 2009 sold it along the way...most when they doubled their money. So they put $1000 in....got thousands of coins and then sold when they were at $2000 thinking they were geniuses.
Bitcoin is a better "investment" today, then it was in 2009. Just like Amazon was a better investment in 2012 than it was in 1998 when it IPO'd. What I'm talking about here is risk management. Your risk of losing everything vs your reward. The best risk-adjusted investment right now (IMHO)....is BTC. That doesn't mean it's risk free...no investment is risk free...not even bonds that lose money vs inflation over 10 years.
Everyone thinks Alts will outperform BTC. Over the short term they might be right. But they also take on greater risk. Where is the line between gambling and investing? Different for everyone. When you're overexposed to high-risk investments...you're gambling.
I'm invested in Alts...all listed in the top 10 by market cap. But combined they make up 25% of my "crypto" investments.

Well put, I think a dose of sanity in the thread is few and far between. I barely have a toe in crypto and have stuck to BTC, ETH, ADA and VET. Do I wish I'd been on some of the crazy rides of the meme coins? Sure, but the risk vs reward is way to far out of wack for me personally to be comfortable with.

#4926 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Are you up for another .1 btc bet?

I’d wager I can outperform holding btc with only trading alts for the whole calendar year 2022.

#4927 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’d wager I can outperform holding btc with only trading alts for the whole calendar year 2022.

This would be epic.

Can I look over your shoulder? Because I’m going to do exactly what you’re doing.

#4928 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Maybe if we make it the year 2024.

Edit: Actually, let me think about it. Although it appears I'm about to lose my 1st bet.

#4929 2 years ago

I'm sticking with BTC and ETH mainly. Some of the others are interesting like MATIC, Cardano, and Litecoin - but these crap coins like Doge and Shiba - hell with that. If you aren't there when it first spikes 30000%, you're wasting your time. The fact Doge and Shiba are even in the same paragraphs as BTC and ETH when I read on crypto makes me roll my eyes so hard.

#4930 2 years ago

That fu&$ing bi$*h is at it again.

“Senator Warren Targets Bitcoin Miner Greenidge’s Environmental Footprint”

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/12/03/senator-warren-targets-bitcoin-miner-greenidges-environmental-footprint/

#4931 2 years ago

On a side note, support levels look really shaky right now. Anyone have this funny feeling like we are all about to get crushed?

My spidey senses are tingling and not in a good way…..

#4932 2 years ago

On a side note, support levels look really shaky right now. Anyone have this funny feeling like we are all about to get crushed?

No. Stop worrying yourself silly. It's going to go up, and it is going to go down. Don't worry about what blowhards say - this market tends to trend up. Remember May through September? Crypto was down hard - then through all the media BS - it found its footing and now we're near all-time highs again (Ethereum at least. BTC still has some decent recovery to make.)

I say this as a fellow crypto enthusiast: if this stresses you out, I suggest you pull your funds and invest in index funds (I invest in VOO, and the stress is about as intense as a gentle ocean breeze).

#4933 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

No. Stop worrying yourself silly. It's going to go up, and it is going to go down. Don't worry about what blowhards say - this market tends to trend up. Remember May through September? Crypto was down hard - then through all the media BS - it found its footing and now we're near all-time highs again (Ethereum at least. BTC still has some decent recovery to make.)
I say this as a fellow crypto enthusiast: if this stresses you out, I suggest you pull your funds and invest in index funds (I invest in VOO, and the stress is about as intense as a gentle ocean breeze).

No way man...

Crypto is as intense as a crap table, the adrenaline is intoxicating!

#4934 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'm with pinballinreno on this one. It's an absolute rush. Sometimes a good one and sometimes a bad one. Standing at the craps table is a very good analogy and I love craps. Besides, everyone knows I'm the LINK fanboy running around yelling that the sky is falling.

I was referring to the metrics. November was essentially a bear market which as I'm sure everyone saw, eroded their portfolio. I was down about 13%. Support levels are shaky right now and it doesn't seem like there would be much needed to break through the lower levels under.

I've been in crypto since mid-2017 so I'm relatively seasoned and have been though my fair share of 50% crashes.

As for ATHs, other than BTC and ETH, we are far from ATHs. Most alts are 50% of what they were at their ATH.

LINK - ATH $55.25 - Current $25.52
ADA - ATH $3.32 - Current $1.65
LTC - ATH $413.45 - Current $206.22
GRT - ATH $2.19 - Current $0.91
CAKE - ATH $44.23 - Current $13.22
DOT - ATH $61.29 - Current $4.07

I just grabbed a few of my largest holdings, but you can see where I'm going with that.

#4935 2 years ago

Just some additional F.Y.I. Some already know this, some don't.

Ethereum is not money, but it does have value. So, more like an equity.
Bitcoin is money and has value.
Neither are fiat. Although BTC is legal tender in one country (so far), (El Salvador).

Now to the why. Money is fungible (one unit is interchangeable with another), durable (it can be used repeatedly) , divisible, portable, acceptable, uniform and limited in supply. Bitcoin meets all of these criteria plus its supply isn't just "limited", it's fixed. ETH is not limited in supply (since its supply can and has been, changed over time). Bitcoin adds an additional feature...immutability. It's extremely resistant to change. This is a major feature (not a bug) when referring to "sound money".

Is any of this relevant to investors? Sure, depending on what your personal goals are, and what you expect to happen in the future.

#4936 2 years ago

Down about 6% more since I posted this and there doesn’t appear to be any end in sight. I was going to buy a little more but I’m not going to try and catch a falling knife.

Wonder if the November bear market is going to continue?

#4937 2 years ago

#4938 2 years ago

Come on 30k!!!!

Seriously, unlike a stock in which a company can go belly up, if you really believe BTC is the future and you aren't going to use/sell it for 10-20+ years, then you should welcome the massive drops as opportunity. I bought a bit at 53k because...it's still down less than the rest of my portfolio.

Edit.53 not 57

#4939 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Come on 30k!!!!
Seriously, unlike a stock in which a company can go belly up, if you really believe BTC is the future and you aren't going to use/sell it for 10-20+ years, then you should welcome the massive drops as opportunity. I bought a bit at 57k because...it's still down less than the rest of my portfolio.

I prefer not to watch my profits vaporize. And crypto absolutely can go belly up. Rug pulls, bans, hacks, etc.

#4940 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Come on 30k!!!!
Seriously, unlike a stock in which a company can go belly up, if you really believe BTC is the future and you aren't going to use/sell it for 10-20+ years, then you should welcome the massive drops as opportunity. I bought a bit at 57k because...it's still down less than the rest of my portfolio.

Im waiting for BTC to go back down to $438 before I pull the trigger.

#4941 2 years ago

The downsloping 20-day EMA and the relative strength index (RSI) in the negative zone suggest the path of least resistance is to the downside.

Some analysts are saying that if the physiological support level of $50k breaks, Alts are going to get crushed and BTC could free fall to $40k.

#4942 2 years ago

Bought more BTC and ETH. I love fire sales!

#4943 2 years ago

The downsloping 20-day EMA and the relative strength index (RSI) in the negative zone suggest the path of least resistance is to the downside.
Some analysts are saying that if the physiological support level of $50k breaks, Alts are going to get crushed and BTC could free fall to $40k.

Just looks like another Friday to me. Although my FOMO is starting to kick in.

#4944 2 years ago

I'm planning on picking up more BTC, ETCH, ALGO and CRO once I think we've hit the lowest point in the next 24 hours.

#4945 2 years ago

They really need to get through how annoying it can be to move/buy/sell/swap some of these crypto currencies. Spent what has felt like most of the day on a simple transaction.

#4946 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

They really need to get through how annoying it can be to move/buy/sell/swap some of these crypto currencies. Spent what has felt like most of the day on a simple transaction.

What are you trying to buy?

#4947 2 years ago

Buying and selling on an exchange like Binance, Crypto.com and Coinbase seems extremely fast and easy, much like using something like Fidelity for stocks.

#4948 2 years ago

Just moving some binance from gate.io to metamask, swapping it into busd then purchasing something. Main issue may have been with gate.io as I have moved binance from other platforms without delay. I also ran into a few weird metamask issues where it wasn't showing the right balance.

Transaction is done but I can see how new investors could be turned off by stuff like that.

#4949 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Just moving some binance from gate.io to metamask, swapping it into busd then purchasing something. Main issue may have been with gate.io as I have moved binance from other platforms without delay. I also ran into a few weird metamask issues where it wasn't showing the right balance.
Transaction is done but I can see how new investors could be turned off by stuff like that.

For sure, I've been investing in crypto for years and I don't do any of that stuff because it feels too risky and complicated. I mainly buy and hold and occasionally sell an altcoin that's gone up alot in value to buy more ETH. I played around with Metamask and almost bought some shitcoins that way and then decided it felt too much like I'd fuck it up and loose my crypto. I miss out on shitcoin opportunities, but most people that buy those hoping to profit 100x HODL them too long and don't profit anyway. Among you guys I'm way more conservative and risk averse, among my friends, they think I'm buying tulip bulbs and think I'll lose all my money in risky crypto.

#4950 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just looks like another Friday to me. Although my FOMO is starting to kick in.

I’m now down 10% in the last few hours. Feels a lot different than a normal Friday night I’m afraid.

Reminds me of May only a little slower this time.

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.