(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,837 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 119 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

011D77BB-201F-4B52-803B-23B5DD497662 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
E9E1DB62-A39D-425C-8262-59F202EEA182 (resized).png
sherbet1703 (resized).png
130114D9-FB09-4167-AF9D-63A81E6B758B (resized).jpeg
20211124_103949 (resized).jpg
8E3EDFAE-D36D-4F4A-8372-2F568735CE27 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211122-105108_Chrome (resized).jpg
F6F539E2-763E-4682-A4CF-F502A021C19B (resized).jpeg
20772314-00DF-48FC-8661-F52B36785B61 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211121-113442_Twitter (resized).jpg
3FB2B0BF-7E00-490A-8F40-358FFF9440F3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
74394ECD-3D95-4F80-9210-5D3182630930 (resized).jpeg
A8447E83-3031-4BDA-8DDE-DDCFA0944C1D (resized).png
04BFA945-FF35-4F09-ACFE-AB06F7A7FEB2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 97.
#4751 5 days ago

But it means you need to order a card or you can't stake?

#4752 5 days ago

I already have a coinbase account, what's the best exchange to catch the earlier stuff?

#4753 5 days ago
#4754 5 days ago

https://crypto.com/eea/cards

350k in CRO staking needed for 8% cashback. Looks like most will only get 2 or 3% cashback.

At first sight their trading fees and crypto cost are higher than Binance so don't know if it's worth the trouble. Top-up cards.

Any of you ordered/has such a top-up card yet? If so, is everything the correct way; easy to top-up with fiat without extra fee?

#4755 5 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

However do I understand correct that you need 5000 CRO or order one of their credit cards before you can stake?

Only $400 for the 2% back card plus it will pay for your Spotify. Interested in how that is set up since I do have Spotify, that should save me $12 a month.

#4756 5 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

350k in CRO staking needed for 8% cashback. Looks like most will only get 2 or 3% cashback.
At first sight their trading fees and crypto cost are higher than Binance so don't know if it's worth the trouble. Top-up cards.
Any of you ordered/has such a top-up card yet? If so, is everything the correct way; easy to top-up with fiat without extra fee?

Trading fees are waived for the first 30 days. It seems like a good play to open an account, immediately buy $400 or $4000 of CRO and stake it with the accompanying credit card. Especially if you currently pay for Spotify or Netflix (the 4K card covers both). Then just sit on the CRO for the 180 day stake and see what it does, while using the card and accumulating more CRO.

#4757 5 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Its a little clunky, but once you get used to it, its fine.

I've just upgraded to the $4000 stake so 3% back. to top the card up (i'm in Aus), i use PayID (pay someone with an email adress) and use the details in the crypto.com app as the description so it goes into my account! Its instant payment, into the Fiat wallet on the app. Then i go into the crypto wallet of the app, buy TAUD (stable coin in AUD - no fee to buy) with the currency in my Fiat wallet. From there, can top up the card easily with the TAUD.

Once i receive my physical upgraded card, i will get in the habit of transferring a certain amount per month, and use if for all our spending to get 3% back. I will load the card virtually on my google pay app on the phone, and give my wife the physical card, as they don't allow 2 cards for the same account. That way, both our spendings get rewards in CRO.

#4758 5 days ago

Would buying a “Bored Ape Yacht Club” be dumb?

Just as a investment forget the perks.

#4759 5 days ago

Wow, since I opened my Crypto.com account yesterday, the CRO is already up 22% and the SAND is up 13%. I definitely think CRO is going a lot higher because of all their advertising and how many people are opening accounts now.

#4760 4 days ago

Sand just broke $6

#4761 4 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Just as a investment forget the perks.

I don't think so... it continues to gain momentum. I've heard those in the know think it could be worth $1 million in the future, as they continue to evolve and add value, such as a token coming out. The cheapest way to get into the ecosystem is via the Bored Ape Kennel Club.

#4762 4 days ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I don't think so... it continues to gain momentum. I've heard those in the know think it could be worth $1 million in the future, as they continue to evolve and add value, such as a token coming out. The cheapest way to get into the ecosystem is via the Bored Ape Kennel Club.

What are you paying now in hopes of achieving 1M?

#4763 4 days ago

The cheapest one right now is about 180k.

Definitely a blue chip in the NFT world.

6 of them sold today ranging from 180-250k. That’s just today.

Edit current highest selling ape was 3million by todays Eth price.

#4764 4 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I have a crypto.com account as well to buy some CRO.
referral: https://platinum.crypto.com/r/x8bykw3gbr
However do I understand correct that you need 5000 CRO or order one of their credit cards before you can stake?

I used your referral code. I started on my PC and then it wanted me to download the app on my phone and continue the process there. Seems like the best way to sign up is to start by downloading the crypto.com app on your phone and then manually entering the referral code. It makes you take a picture of your ID and your face, so be ready for that. Here's my referral code if anyone wants to use it:

243vd55pjr

Referral link:
https://platinum.crypto.com/r/243vd55pjr

#4765 4 days ago

Thoughts on cardano? At $1.60 is it worth it to buy a little more?

#4766 4 days ago
Quoted from loneranger:

I used your referral code. I started on my PC and then it wanted me to download the app on my phone and continue the process there. Seems like the best way to sign up is to start by downloading the crypto.com app on your phone and then manually entering the referral code. It makes you take a picture of your ID and your face, so be ready for that. Here's my referral code if anyone wants to use it:
243vd55pjr
Referral link:

Thank you very much! And great idea to always post the next referral; this way everyone can benefit

I also started on pc and then moved to app. At the moment I don't know how to access the exchange on desktop. I only purchased some CRO to get started and was actually thinking of adding more to apply for the jade card. Seeing the upwards daily trend I don' know if I should buy 5000 CRO now or wait for a little dip (if any).

#4767 4 days ago
Quoted from loneranger:

243vd55pjr
Referral link:

Maybe that was the issue I had. I started on my PC, then the phone and the phone app just went into a loop. Didn't trust it, so didn't go further.

#4768 4 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Here’s one my cousin just sent me:
[quoted image]
I’m thinking whoever made this has never seen Seinfeld. Kramer definitely doesn’t know what cryptocurrency is.

20211124_103949 (resized).jpg
#4769 4 days ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Thoughts on cardano? At $1.60 is it worth it to buy a little more?

It dipped yesterday because etoro is delisting it next year. I got out a bit ago and wouldn’t get more now. They have great marketing but to me they aren’t delivering what they promised fast enough. On the pro side they do have a devote base and lots of upcoming projects but there’s much greater opportunity in the market now.

Edit and the chain is laggy for last few days too.

#4770 4 days ago

Oh my Sand

#4771 4 days ago

I hope you bought a ton of it cheap!

It’s probably too late now with a total of 3 billion outstanding tokens.

Is this the same one that FTX has listed in the old Blockfolio app as “Beachcoin”?

#4772 4 days ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Solchick.io is kind of up this alley…
Problem is a lot of games want you to fund the development by buying the NFT.

Anybody buy one of these?
They’ve over 10x in the last 5 weeks.

#4773 4 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I hope you bought a ton of it cheap!
It’s probably too late now with a total of 3 billion outstanding tokens.
Is this the same one that FTX has listed in the old Blockfolio app as “Beachcoin”?

I don’t think so but don’t use FTX so can’t really comment. Do you use FTX for derivative trades?

#4774 4 days ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I don’t think so but don’t use FTX so can’t really comment. Do you use FTX for derivative trades?

You’re way more advanced than me with this stuff. Most of what you post I can’t even figure out how to buy so I get left in the dust. I just use FTX to track my holdings in one place. I don’t use it to trade.

I wouldn’t even know what to do with a derivative. I’m really limited to a few of the major exchanges, Celsius and Pancakeswap.

130114D9-FB09-4167-AF9D-63A81E6B758B (resized).jpeg
#4775 4 days ago

That sure sounds like the same Sand.

#4776 4 days ago

Yeah, I bought a second helping last night.

#4777 4 days ago

Yeah gaming crypto is on fire, have some bets that are doing well, not sure if this is a pump or something sustainable.

#4778 4 days ago

I think that CRO is sustainable since there is a huge engine behind it.

It should go to $3.5 or more in the next couple months.

Whether it goes to $100 or more is still a question of time. Perhaps over a few years.

They are not going away, the Staple center naming deal is a 20 year investment.

So, I think CRO is a long term HODL.

2 or 3 ETH converted over could get you a cool million down the road.

#4779 4 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think that CRO is sustainable since there is a huge engine behind it.
It should go to $3.5 or more in the next couple months.
Whether it goes to $100 or more is still a question of time. Perhaps over a few years.
They are not going away, the Staple center naming deal is a 20 year investment.
So, I think CRO is a long term HODL.
2 or 3 ETH converted over could get you a cool million down the road.

I’m thinking short term the same as you. X-mas will be a bump in price from the arena being renamed and the Super Bowl is looking like a crypto marketing machine with all the crypto companies buying spots.

#4780 4 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What are you paying now in hopes of achieving 1M?

I'm far too poor to buy a BAYC. If I had the money? I mean $1M is "only" a 5x return on a BAYC assuming it gets there in the near future... that's good, but in crypto terms it's not great as we just saw $SAND do a 5x while BAYC held steady, but as a solid blue chip the downside risk isn't too bad and there's other value aside from the price, so it's not a bad buy and hold... as I've said before, there's a fair amount of speculation that NFTs will become a store of value which could further balloon the blue chips.

I'd love to find "the next BAYC" at mint price. There are more $1k -> $1M plays that will come in the future, so I'm spending more time on education and research these days. Something like the JRNY membership helps as he's building a team for this purpose.

#4781 3 days ago

Been trying to find up and coming crypto gaming to invest in. Thetan Arena looks really promising. It's a battle royale game though fairly simplistic and built for quick games. Actually iit has a few different game modes including a moba style. Gets released in a couple days and judging by the gameplay I saw could be a blast to play. Current market cap is 500m. Could easily become a multi billion cap game like axie. Though sure no guarantee of that, do your own dd.

Frankly I think some of the current larger games could easily be displaced. Sandbox though probably has legs.

#4782 3 days ago

How do you guys keep track of all the NFT discord servers? Looks like a full time job to follow up.

#4783 3 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

How do you guys keep track of all the NFT discord servers? Looks like a full time job to follow up.

I have three NFTs and have pretty much given up on trying to follow what’s happening. I just don’t have that kind of time with a full time job and a business.

Unfortunately it will probably mean that I’ll miss free stuff, but they are worth about 10% of what I paid for them so I’m not really worried.

#4784 3 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Been trying to find up and coming crypto gaming to invest in. Thetan Arena looks really promising. It's a battle royale game though fairly simplistic and built for quick games. Actually iit has a few different game modes including a moba style. Gets released in a couple days and judging by the gameplay I saw could be a blast to play. Current market cap is 500m. Could easily become a multi billion cap game like axie. Though sure no guarantee of that, do your own dd.
Frankly I think some of the current larger games could easily be displaced. Sandbox though probably has legs.

I bought a couple of these, especially MANA while it was still in the low 4s:

#4785 3 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

I bought a couple of these, especially MANA while it was still in the low 4s:

Illuvium looks interesting but not for $1700. Then again, max supply is 10 million.

I bought some CRO since it seems to be in a little bit of a pull back. If it turns into a big exchange it could definitely get interesting.

#4786 3 days ago

Illuvium is pretty impressive visually, can't really tell if the gameplay is fun. I watch a lot of gaming crypto youtube videos lately, though a lot of what people are recommending seems fairly unimpressive. Though with every gaming crypto going up, I guess you can't go wrong... until you can.

Tried buying a very small amount of Polygod's token today, a bit of a risk since there's no gameplay out there. Unfortunately I kept running into errors on Pancakeswap and just got fed up and bought more Thetan Arena instead(meanwhile I think Polygod rose 12% since the first time I tried to buy it). I should probably figure it out though since a lot of these early games are only buyable through platforms like Pancakeswap.

#4787 3 days ago

What slippage did you set it at?

#4788 3 days ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What slippage did you set it at?

I was able to finally get it to work by switching computers.

So I now own more expensive GULL(Polygod).

#4789 3 days ago

Well. once more I tried and got a NFT from OS before reveal and like the previous times it quasi immediately drops in value.

I have a feeling NFT's are not really my thing LOL

Next...
sherbet1703 (resized).png

#4790 3 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Just as a investment

Yeah, you definitely need to stay on top of the Discord servers to get in early on white lists and new projects. I pop in and out of a lot of Discords daily, but don’t spend too much time in there. Today, it paid off as I won a whitelist to mint the upcoming Whales Game project through the SVS Vampires discord raffle. Kinda cool. I’m really liking the look of the Soulware Origin project drop on Saturday. Might try to cop one of the OG set Soul NFTs, but it definitely won’t be cheap.

https://www.soulwareproject.com/
E9E1DB62-A39D-425C-8262-59F202EEA182 (resized).png

#4791 2 days ago

Ouch. These 10% pull backs are expensive and really getting annoying since I’m out of money from buying all these “dips”.

#4792 2 days ago

Black Friday sales

#4793 2 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Ouch. These 10% pull backs are expensive and really getting annoying since I’m out of money from buying all these “dips”.

Same...but I bought what little I could.

#4794 2 days ago

Bought the dip, crypto has historically gone up during these peak covid fear areas.

#4795 2 days ago

I just purchased 5k CRO @ CRC and applied for the jade green card. Big gamble most probably.. time will tell.

#4796 2 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I just purchased 5k CRO @ CRC and applied for the jade green card. Big gamble most probably.. time will tell.

Crypto a gamble? Wut? Hahahahahahahaa.....

#4797 2 days ago

Man...Crypto makes me feel stupid AF. Every part of it feels overly complicated and shady. I finally got Crypto.com installed, but actually putting money in it is like they don't want my money. Why do they only push and not pull...like nearly every other thing out there. I have absolutely zero idea how to automate that from my credit union because it's never been necessary on any account before.

These are the same reasons I didn't jump into it years ago.

#4798 2 days ago

If it was easy don’t you think everyone would do it?

#4799 2 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Crypto a gamble? Wut? Hahahahahahahaa.....

"Crypto" is a gamble...but Bitcoin is my safe place.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

No

#4800 2 days ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If they were serious about the future don't you think they'd want everyone to do it?

There are 4,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 97.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside