(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,930 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C1607BAC-0955-423F-AB6B-A88034A2290F (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220630-142555_Twitter (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
B2EC4137-F127-41CD-B742-6E3E41324447 (resized).png
Screenshot_20220629-084218_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220627-132417_Twitter (resized).jpg
A3751C4B-B8B5-4FB8-B9F1-C694372F63A1 (resized).png
1465196115b68cace9d3960e2bbe9bae665bdf0f (resized).jpg
12C22AC0-798E-425A-AC24-7EFB0534DDDE (resized).png
D0A2D2BC-39A5-47C6-A106-9C229DA6E613 (resized).jpeg
BBFCB4C5-C1AE-41E5-8EE7-49A1FCEED6F3 (resized).png
8F7674C4-53F7-42B5-802D-9FF5D535C3C3.gif
Screenshot_20220618-131447_Chrome (resized).jpg
20220615_203816 (resized).jpg
DgIhFPgW0AAdvy2.jpeg (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,930 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 139.
#4701 7 months ago

Anybody here own a Doge Pound nft?
Please pm me, I have an offer for you

#4702 7 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You do realize what you just basically said is you prefer gambling to investing.
I think the mindset I've seen based on some things you've said in the past though is you have that kind of money to throw around. I can't see giving this as investing advice to anyone who has limited funds trying to make money.

Yes, I'm absolutely a gambler, not a financial advisor! Pissed away over $200k on worthless NFTs over the past year, I definitely don't recommend doing that. Fortunately, I caught a few lucky projects or it could have turned out very differently. That JRNY CRYPTO project mint price is a bit too rich, I think I'll pass on that one. Looking forward to the Non-Fungible Fungi mint reveal tomorrow...hoping for at least one rare shroom

#4703 7 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Yes, I'm absolutely a gambler, not a financial advisor! Pissed away over $200k on worthless NFTs over the past year, I definitely don't recommend doing that. Fortunately, I caught a few lucky projects or it could have turned out very differently. That JRNY CRYPTO project mint price is a bit too rich, I think I'll pass on that one. Looking forward to the Non-Fungible Fungi mint reveal tomorrow...hoping for at least one rare shroom
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0fe2487ea6294bf72bb789b009b4c0fefe18497b-1637453049-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image]

Do you think 0.3ETH is worth it for one of them? I’m sure I won’t get a rare one but wasn’t sure what you thought of the project.

0.29ETH is the current floor.

#4704 7 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

No wonder I don't get it. I'm really not much of a gambler. Never bought packs of Pokemon cards, or any other cards. When I did play video games I never ever bought the extras...the advantages, or the "rare items".
I'm guessing the "Metaverse" will mean very little to me, and that's okay. Doesn't make me or the people who will devour it, right or wrong. We all have different judgements of what constitutes "value".
I understand the value proposition of Bitcoin...I really don't fully grasp the value proposition of ETH or any of it's competitors. Doesn't mean I don't own any...having a hedge is usually not a horrible idea; but put your real value, time and effort behind things you truly understand.

While NFTs have an aspect of gambling it's not... it's more like collecting first edition books or playing with stock market IPOs. You speculate which may have the most future value and try to get in as early as possible. Some work out, some don't. Some you can flip right away for profit, and some you may want to dump for a loss. The more you dig in, the more knowledge you gain, the better the odds are that you pick the right project. And like anything else you can speculate at low cost early on, or you buy at a much higher price for projects that are proven.

And honestly, quite a lot of crypto investors have turned to NFTs over Bitcoin simply because it's a lot easier to grasp. NFTs are like a ticket to a concert in section 104 row 14, seat E. NFTs are a one of a kind piece of art you own, and can sell later on. NFTs reflect a limited membership to a group. Bitcoin is what exactly? Nothing tangible like an NFT.

ETH acts as the transactional currency for decentralized finance, or the currency used to buy and sell NFTs, and any number of actual use cases, where Bitcoin is what exactly? Just a concept. Unlike Bitcoin ETH has actual use cases.

#4705 7 months ago
Quoted from Baiter:

While NFTs have an aspect of gambling it's not... it's more like collecting first edition books or playing with stock market IPOs. You speculate which may have the most future value and try to get in as early as possible. Some work out, some don't. Some you can flip right away for profit, and some you may want to dump for a loss. The more you dig in, the more knowledge you gain, the better the odds are that you pick the right project. And like anything else you can speculate at low cost early on, or you buy at a much higher price for projects that are proven.
And honestly, quite a lot of crypto investors have turned to NFTs over Bitcoin simply because it's a lot easier to grasp. NFTs are like a ticket to a concert in section 104 row 14, seat E. NFTs are a one of a kind piece of art you own, and can sell later on. NFTs reflect a limited membership to a group. Bitcoin is what exactly? Nothing tangible like an NFT.
ETH acts as the transactional currency for decentralized finance, or the currency used to buy and sell NFTs, and any number of actual use cases, where Bitcoin is what exactly? Just a concept. Unlike Bitcoin ETH has actual use cases.

While I recognize the possibilities, my problem with the NFT realm is I know my tastes are not the same as others, so for me it would be all about speculating what others want, rather than things I'd want. Additionally, it is very clear that the NFT world right now is very much hype and social media related, neither of which I have interest in. Guess I'll be making my money the old fashioned way....

#4706 7 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Have you looked into JRNY NFT club? Mints next week. Sounds up your alley though I think it’s going to be expensive but most likely will instantly increase in value.

Yea I'll mint a JRNY NFT tomorrow. I was hoping it was 0.5ETH so I'm scrambling for money to purchase it, but considering they are currently at a 3 ETH floor, a 1 ETH mint seems like a pretty good deal don't you think? But you're right that's the kind of project I've been investing in because this NFT is a limited membership to fund a company JRNY's is building to give members future utility, early info, early access to other projects, plus a couple more free mints.

I spent 2 ETH to get into The Doge Pound partially because TDP offered whitelist chance for JRNY's NFT, among other projects I've also received a couple more NFTs from TDP itself, so frankly if tomorrow I decide to dump all my TDP and JRNY NFTs at the 3ETH price I paid, I would be sitting on a 5 figure profit. Or I sell my TDP and wind up with JRNY for free, or vice-versa.

But here's the kicker... TDP is amazing... their roadmap is far deeper than any other project I've seen, and they also have an entire 20 person company behind the project, many of which have years of experience developing games. Noting that the next big crypto wave is metaverse and gaming, is there any better project to be in at this point?

If TDP continues to execute, and JRNY executes, the value of each project will continue to rise, and between the two projects there's over 50 employees working to add value to their members before the public. I have little doubt that you can make the "membership" back many times over on either considering their track record, but the real value isn't in flipping the memberships, it's the information and opportunities coming down the road, and that's what you want to look for. It's not gambling at all...far from it.

#4707 7 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Do you think 0.3ETH is worth it for one of them? I’m sure I won’t get a rare one but wasn’t sure what you thought of the project.
0.29ETH is the current floor.

I bought them because I like the art and animations. The video trailer on their Twitter just sucked me right in, that guy sounds exactly like David Attenborough, lol. You might get lucky and mint a rare, but don’t go in expecting to make big $ overnight.

There’s a lot of buzz around that project in the NFT space and I don’t see it failing long term. The shrooms are all unique and just very cool. My fiancé bought a jar herself when they were .17, I grabbed another one for .28 today. Will post my six shrooms after they mint.

The project concept is very unique and the art/animation is absolutely superb. Hopefully, they deliver on their roadmap and these things moon! If not, I’ve got some cool shrooms to enjoy!

#4708 7 months ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yea I'll mint a JRNY NFT tomorrow. I was hoping it was 0.5ETH so I'm scrambling for money to purchase it, but considering they are currently at a 3 ETH floor, a 1 ETH mint seems like a pretty good deal don't you think? But you're right that's the kind of project I've been investing in because this NFT is a limited membership to fund a company JRNY's is building to give members future utility, early info, early access to other projects, plus a couple more free mints.
I spent 2 ETH to get into The Doge Pound partially because TDP offered whitelist chance for JRNY's NFT, among other projects I've also received a couple more NFTs from TDP itself, so frankly if tomorrow I decide to dump all my TDP and JRNY NFTs at the 3ETH price I paid, I would be sitting on a 5 figure profit. Or I sell my TDP and wind up with JRNY for free, or vice-versa.
But here's the kicker... TDP is amazing... their roadmap is far deeper than any other project I've seen, and they also have an entire 20 person company behind the project, many of which have years of experience developing games. Noting that the next big crypto wave is metaverse and gaming, is there any better project to be in at this point?
If TDP continues to execute, and JRNY executes, the value of each project will continue to rise, and between the two projects there's over 50 employees working to add value to their members before the public. I have little doubt that you can make the "membership" back many times over on either considering their track record, but the real value isn't in flipping the memberships, it's the information and opportunities coming down the road, and that's what you want to look for. It's not gambling at all...far from it.

I think the current floor is misleading because only 1000 are for sale. TDP and public sales will alter the floor. If guessing I think floor will be 1.5-2 Monday night.

#4709 7 months ago
Quoted from Baiter:

ETH acts as the transactional currency for decentralized finance, or the currency used to buy and sell NFTs, and any number of actual use cases, where Bitcoin is what exactly? Just a concept. Unlike Bitcoin ETH has actual use case

I'm just going to lol at that and then leave it alone.

#4710 7 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm just going to lol at that and then leave it alone.

Lol... playing devil's advocate makes things interesting

#4711 7 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I bought them because I like the art and animations. The video trailer on their Twitter just sucked me right in, that guy sounds exactly like David Attenborough, lol. You might get lucky and mint a rare, but don’t go in expecting to make big $ overnight.
There’s a lot of buzz around that project in the NFT space and I don’t see it failing long term. The shrooms are all unique and just very cool. My fiancé bought a jar herself when they were .17, I grabbed another one for .28 today. Will post my six shrooms after they mint.
The project concept is very unique and the art/animation is absolutely superb. Hopefully, they deliver on their roadmap and these things moon! If not, I’ve got some cool shrooms to enjoy!

Is this the correct project? Thanks!

https://opensea.io/collection/nonfungiblefungimintpass

#4712 7 months ago

Yes that’s the one. I was lucky and picked up a mint pass for .16 a little over a week ago. Reveal set for tomorrow.

#4713 7 months ago

Yes, that’s correct. My fiancé and I crack up watching the teaser videos on their Twitter. The little details on each one are great. Also, don’t forget to take a look at the genesis shrooms…you’ll get a chuckle out of those:

https://opensea.io/collection/nonfungiblefungigenesis

3FB2B0BF-7E00-490A-8F40-358FFF9440F3 (resized).jpeg
#4714 7 months ago
Quoted from robm:

I'd had some CRO for over 12 months, staked $500 to get their VISA debit card. 2% cashback on every purchase. Unfortunately i've only been using it sporadically....i'f id used it as our regular card, with the price increase over that time, i think the 2% cashback would be much closer to 15% in equivalent $ terms (its paid in CRO).
Put some more into CRO yesterday, as it seemed to bounce hard form the drop, and they are going very hard on advertising. Looking to maybe stake some for a decent length of time, think it is 12% APY for staking CRO.

Cro making moves again.

#4715 7 months ago

This guy is nuts...and probably going to win:

Screenshot_20211121-113442_Twitter (resized).jpg

#4716 7 months ago

Can someone help me decipher an ETH transaction. I sent it from Coinbase Pro to my Metamask Wallet. My withdraw history on Coinbase Pro doesn't match the Etherscan transaction.

Coinbase Pro shows:

Quantity = 0.21204042
Fee = 0.003465
Subtotal = 0.20857542

Etherscan shows:

Value = 0.20857542
Transaction Fee = 0.00217987

So Etherscan is showing a total of 0.21075529 ETH, whereas Coinbase Pro shows a total of 0.21204042 ETH. Is there something I'm missing about the transaction?

I checked one other ETH withdraw from Coinbase Pro and it's the same thing. There is a difference in Coinbase's favor of course, between Etherscan and Coinbase.

#4717 7 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Cro making moves again.

CRO is going to be a long HODL.

Possibly going to $10 to $100 in a couple years.

Since its transaction fees based, its going to go up and up.

#4718 7 months ago

I like how they implemented the different credit cards with cash back rewards based on the amount you stake. Pretty smart and some massive rewards.

#4719 7 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I like how they implemented the different credit cards with cash back rewards based on the amount you stake. Pretty smart and some massive rewards.

When they change the name of the Staples center to Crypto.com, its going to explode next month or so.

#4720 7 months ago

Fire sold a bunch of NFTs to snag a JRNY CLUB Voyager Pass for 2.575 ETH. Either a wise decision or I’m about to get rug pulled. Fingers crossed!

20772314-00DF-48FC-8661-F52B36785B61 (resized).jpeg
#4721 7 months ago

Oh man I’ve been watching it all morning… there was a few minutes it got under 2 eth but they were gone in snap.

I dunno which way it’ll go but I’m still holding out to see how the public sale goes.

#4722 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

When they change the name of the Staples center to Crypto.com, its going to explode next month or so.

Yeah I like seeing crypto.com on every ufc fighter too. Their all mobile app scares me alittle… I won’t leave any large some of money on it yet.

#4723 7 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Oh man I’ve been watching it all morning… there was a few minutes it got under 2 eth but they were gone in snap.
I dunno which way it’ll go but I’m still holding out to see how the public sale goes.

Same, I saw the price rising .1 ETH every few minutes and gave into FOMO and had to ape in. Let’s see where this goes. Hope you can snag one for a good price.

#4724 7 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yep, upped my staking amount of CRO to $5k AUD, which puts me at the next tier, so 10% return on that stake, access to stake my other CRO at 12% in DeFi wallet, 3% cashback on all purchases (some things like loan payments etc excluded).

Also just transferred my MATIC into VRA, its currently at 0.06 and a few poeple in various circles are saying target of 0.55 to $1 is possible in next few months.

Toying with swapping some of my ADA into CRO

#4725 7 months ago

Can someone help me decipher an ETH transaction. I sent it from Coinbase Pro to my Metamask Wallet. My withdraw history on Coinbase Pro doesn't match the Etherscan transaction.
Coinbase Pro shows:
Quantity = 0.21204042
Fee = 0.003465
Subtotal = 0.20857542
Etherscan shows:
Value = 0.20857542
So Etherscan is showing a total of 0.21075529 ETH, whereas Coinbase Pro shows a total of 0.21204042 ETH. Is there something I'm missing about the transaction?
I checked one other ETH withdraw from Coinbase Pro and it's the same thing. There is a difference in Coinbase's favor of course, between Etherscan and Coinbase.

So you're saying Coinbase is riping us off? Wouldn't surprise me.

#4726 7 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

every online company wants to get involved in your transactions and skim a percentage and I loathe it.

#4727 7 months ago

Coinbase Pro shows:
Quantity = 0.21204042
Fee = 0.003465
Subtotal = 0.20857542
Etherscan shows:
Value = 0.20857542

Coinbase Pro can be out of date... you may have to refresh the page after a few minutes to verify. I did an xfer today and saw that same situation, even after etherscan confirmed the transfer was done CBP still had it on balance. It's just slow.... but so is OpenSea.

EDIT: I read-read what you are asking. Honestly I just assume all middle-men are taking a cut... and then there is front-running to be worried about. When I'm paying upwards of $300 for gas fees, I could care less if someone extracts an extra $10. Sad but true.

#4728 7 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It appears that way to be honest. This is the only thing I could find regarding fees that aren't associated with buying and selling.

"Coinbase incurs and pays network transaction fees, such as miner’s fees, for transactions on cryptocurrency networks (i.e., transfers of cryptocurrency off the Coinbase platform). For these transactions, Coinbase will charge you a fee based on our estimate of the network transaction fees that we anticipate paying for each transaction. "

#4729 7 months ago

Is crypto like stocks where there is less volume going on this week because of holiday?
Or do holiday weeks not have the same type of affect on crypto markets?
for example the deal market rarely does any ipo or secondaries week of thanksgiving.

I like my NFF i minted. As a trade if I sold now I’m up a little. We will see what’s up in a few years with metaverse. Hopefully I’m stumbling around as a mushroom in vr.

F6F539E2-763E-4682-A4CF-F502A021C19B (resized).jpeg
#4730 7 months ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Is crypto like stocks where there is less volume going on this week because of holiday?
Or do holiday weeks not have the same type of affect on crypto markets?
for example the deal market rarely does any ipo or secondaries week of thanksgiving.
I like my NFF i minted. As a trade if I sold now I’m up a little. We will see what’s up in a few years with metaverse. Hopefully I’m stumbling around as a mushroom in vr. [quoted image]

There does appear to be less volume.

#4731 7 months ago

There is some really good stuff in the latest Kraken On-Chain Analysis paper if anyone is interested.

https://kraken.docsend.com/view/cmgczyig2bkvwx2s

#4732 7 months ago
Screenshot_20211122-105108_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4733 7 months ago

Here’s one my cousin just sent me:
8E3EDFAE-D36D-4F4A-8372-2F568735CE27 (resized).jpeg

I’m thinking whoever made this has never seen Seinfeld. Kramer definitely doesn’t know what cryptocurrency is.

#4734 7 months ago

Ouch. Market doesn’t look good. I’m down about 30% in the last 2-3 weeks. I should have saved my purchases from last week for this week.

#4735 7 months ago

Someone mentioned doing this miner a few weeks ago, did anyone go for it? https://www.planetwatch.us/

The air sensors are all kinda pricey and don't get the greatest reviews, plus a bunch are sold out. Plus their coin isn't worth very much yet. It feels a little sketchy to me, but I'm looking for more passive ways of making income.

#4736 7 months ago

Ouch. Market doesn’t look good. I’m down about 30% in the last 2-3 weeks. I should have saved my purchases from last week for this week.

BTC and ETH are in the toilet, probably due to the failed ETF hype.

I wouldnt be surprised to see them going back down to the lows of the summer.

But ya never know.... BTC could go to $100k if the SEC changes is mind.

Its Crypto, kinda like a crap table...

I sold my position in BTC at a slight loss to get CRO at .27 and its been pretty good this week.

Oddly my SHIB is doing better than my ETH...

#4737 7 months ago

With all the money being thrown at CRO, I wouldnt be surprised if it went to $10 or more.

They are doing a hard push.

$100M ad campaign? Matt Damon WTF, they are serious about spending!

I think that they believe that throwing a $billion at it will make them billions.

Its possible, I would instantly retire if CRO went to $100-200.

If they keep burning tokens they could give BTC a run for the top.

But like all things Crypto, its just as likely to bust...lol

#4738 7 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Someone mentioned doing this miner a few weeks ago, did anyone go for it? https://www.planetwatch.us/
The air sensors are all kinda pricey and don't get the greatest reviews, plus a bunch are sold out. Plus their coin isn't worth very much yet. It feels a little sketchy to me, but I'm looking for more passive ways of making income.

I bought a license for the most expensive unit, that gives you significantly more planets than the other devices. I wouldn't have considered the smaller units. But I am just on a waiting list, haven't bought the thing yet, they don't make you buy it until they know what shipment your unit will be in. What finally convinced me to buy it after being skeptical was watching an AMA by the founder.

I can't really say more than that until I have the thing, and I don't expect to get it anytime soon.

For me it's just about getting some miners that don't affect my quality of life, I can't buy the Asic miners and mine them in my home. I looked into the m2 pro miner too but I think it's too pricey compared to other things that could make the same daily amount. There are also some things like the KD-Box that aren't readily available to purchase.

There's also stuff like Strongnodes, or Time Wonderland, or Daos that aren't miners but you can get started right away with them. It's just figuring out if the investments are too good to be true or not. But they might make more sense than buying some of the low $s per day miners.

I have looked into buying a few of the Asic Bitcoin miners and co-hosting them, but you are talking about over a year, possibly even 2 years if you include the time you have to wait for your miner to go live, just to break even. The math only makes sense if you presume Bitcoin is going to be way higher in the future and your plan is to hold the bitcoins you mine.

#4739 7 months ago

Anyone in a pool on Bancor? Looks like they have protections against impertinent loss which I’m just starting to learn about. I don’t have a handle on it yet, but seems to be an inherent DeFi problem.

#4740 7 months ago

Sand up 20%

#4741 7 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

https://crypto.com/app/jrmanjg2n6 to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $25.

Set this up today, you have $25 coming your way! Bought $500 of CRO, staked $400 of it and set up the saphire Visa card, now will probably buy some Sand. So far for years I've only stuck to Binance and Coinbase, so this is venturing out for me. I've had crypto for quite some years, but I'm way behind the level of investments alot of you are in. Thanks for the encouragement.

#4742 7 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Set this up today, you have $25 coming your way! Bought $500 of CRO, staked $400 of it and set up the saphire Visa card, now will probably buy some Sand. So far for years I've only stuck to Binance and Coinbase, so this is venturing out for me. I've had crypto for quite some years, but I'm way behind the level of investments alot of you are in. Thanks for the encouragement.

I got $25. Thanks bud! Hope to meet someday here or up there!

After that run, you would think Sand has some consolation to do but we’ll see what btc does this week. Sand and Enj are my metaverse plays atm, well that and Roblox stock too.

#4743 7 months ago

Bought more $ETH as it approached $4K and actually went below it a tiny bit before getting steam back into $4100+. As long as you do not sell, you haven't lost....

#4744 7 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Here’s one my cousin just sent me:
[quoted image]
I’m thinking whoever made this has never seen Seinfeld. Kramer definitely doesn’t know what cryptocurrency is.

He does, but has a very limited understanding of it. "It's internet money, Jerry!"

#4745 7 months ago

Would it be an idea to turn pinball backglasses into NFTs or does it not work like that?

#4746 7 months ago

If you owned the IP maybe…

But what’s the utility? The NFTs as purely art pieces don’t sell too well unless your famous first.

#4747 7 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If you owned the IP maybe…
But what’s the utility? The NFTs as purely art pieces don’t sell too well unless your famous first.

I used your referral code on crypto.com. Cheers

#4748 7 months ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Would it be an idea to turn pinball backglasses into NFTs or does it not work like that?

It's already a product you can buy and sell. It was a NFT before NFTs were all the rage.

I feel like we are moving to a world where people will ask, nay, demand, to pay more for things for "ownership", because getting things for free or for cheap but not getting to own it is so passé.

#4749 7 months ago

I have a crypto.com account as well to buy some CRO.

referral: https://platinum.crypto.com/r/x8bykw3gbr

However do I understand correct that you need 5000 CRO or order one of their credit cards before you can stake?

#4750 7 months ago

The min staked cro is determined by the level card you pick. Higher the level higher the cash back on all purchases. The 8% is pretty crazy.

There are 6,930 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 139.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!