(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 166.
#4501 2 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Me too, I'm at just about 8 weeks so still have probably another month or 6 to go

Quoted from nwpinball:

I really wish my miner would get here.

I’m about to order my bobcat miners tomorrow after my funds clear from coinbase.

What is the average time you waited or are waiting? Website says 12-14 weeks.

Is there a way to get instant updates how much longer till yours is ready to ship??

#4502 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

90 pages worth of posts, and I just discovered this thread, so have not yet really read into it and don't know if this has been discussed at all. Some governments -- ours in particular -- seem to be at war with Crypto, seeking to either exterminate it or regulate it to a point where it is no longer of much interest to most potential participants. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, and maybe you weren't aware of it. They are depicting Bitcoin and the others as being primarily the realm of criminals, terrorists, drug dealers, **tax cheats**, and etc. There was a series of doom-laden articles in the WSJ about major crackdowns in the offing. The first of these has already arrived, in the form of a "tripwire" box on the 1040 form. (See if your accountant doesn't tear his hair out at the calculating / reporting requirements for this ! And jack their fees accordingly for the extra time involved in having to deal with it.) The IRS has already seized the records of one major crypto exchange, to learn all about WHO's been doing WHAT, and I expect it wasn't or won't be the last such case.
[The so-called anonymity of the blockchain, at least for BTC, was cracked (by the FBI ?) in a major ransomware investigation you may have heard of.]
On the opposite side of the fence: Elon Musk at one point had a Billion $ in BTC, and was (briefly) accepting it for purchase of Teslas . . . BUT, his interest in this has wavered considerably. Facebook & Walmart have talked about creating their own Cryptos, but so far it's just talk. [And FB has other big problems now.] During the baseball playoffs, and on into the World Series, there were quite a few commercials for two new Crypto exchanges, one of which seems to be partnered with MLB. That's Big Business, and pretty damn mainstream, if you're asking me. There has supposedly been some talk in Congress about exempting a very low amount of crypto transaction from mandatory reporting for tax purposes, but we daily observe the gridlock and partisan preoccupations of Congress, so don't place any bets on this going anywhere anytime soon.

Are you and I living in the same country? I see pretty much the opposite happening here.

We now lead the world in Bitcoin mining. Senators are buying Bitcoin. Mayors are literally fighting over who can take the most paychecks in BTC (Miami Mayor currently in the lead at one full year). Texas, Florida and New York all fighting over being the leading innovators in crypto.

Oh...and futures ETF approval with spot ETF's soon to come...then, "market go boom".

#4503 2 years ago

In Australia, one of our major banks (Commonweath Bank/ CBA) have announced they will be making crypto accessable for customers through thier banking platform.

#4504 2 years ago

Pdxmonkey is right. It’s going to be DeFi they are going to come after. When they do it, it will be “for our own good because it’s risky”.

On a side note, I threw another couple hundred dollars at SOL and a tiny bit of BTC this morning.

#4505 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Are you and I living in the same country? I see pretty much the opposite happening here.
We now lead the world in Bitcoin mining. Senators are buying Bitcoin. Mayors are literally fighting over who can take the most paychecks in BTC (Miami Mayor currently in the lead at one full year). Texas, Florida and New York all fighting over being the leading innovators in crypto.
Oh...and futures ETF approval with spot ETF's soon to come...then, "market go boom".

I do hope you turn out to be correct on this. That periodic series of scare articles in the WSJ (extending back I think even to just before the pandemic set in) were all "Watch Out Crypto Holders ! The IRS is comin' to get ya !" Could be some knee jerk last gasp of the old regime, but I dunno . . . .

#4506 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I do hope you turn out to be correct on this. That periodic series of scare articles in the WSJ (extending back I think even to just before the pandemic set in) were all "Watch Out Crypto Holders ! The IRS is comin' to get ya !" Could be some knee jerk last gasp of the old regime, but I dunno . . . .

WSJ has been majorly anti-crypto from day one. Most of their crypto articles are pure unsubstantiated FUD.

#4507 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

The “IRS coming’ to get ya” and a crypto ban and two totally separate things.

#4508 2 years ago

Thought I should share XPR(PROTON) with the group. Look in to it. Offers yield farming , getting 80-120% APY depending on the day. Small cap. Legacy Banking bridge. About to be heavily marketed by the Proton team.

Hope this helps. Do your own research of course.

#4509 2 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I’m about to order my bobcat miners tomorrow after my funds clear from coinbase.
What is the average time you waited or are waiting? Website says 12-14 weeks.
Is there a way to get instant updates how much longer till yours is ready to ship??

I ordered my Bobcat in may and just received it... 25.5 weeks. You may get it faster today if they've optimized their manufacturing.

#4510 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I ordered my Bobcat in may and just received it... 25.5 weeks. You may get it faster today if they've optimized their manufacturing.

I ordered mine on 9/4/21. No sign of shipping yet.

Did everyone order a longer antenna for it and try and stick the antenna on the roof?

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

wow.. much longer than I expected. Thanks for your insight and I hope they have improved their abilities to build these on demand in faster turnaround.

#4512 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Did everyone order a longer antenna for it and try and stick the antenna on the roof?

Guess I’ll be lucky to get it by spring of next year… a few months before it’s halving. Bummer…

Also, the antenna highly depends on your environment. I live in a remote town surrounded by mountains. Getting the higher frequency antenna will not benefit me much. If you live in flat area stretched out distances from other nodes… yes, you would benefit from a bigger antenna.

I’m still doing my research, but I’d first hold off and give the default antenna a shot. Say 2 months after your initial configuration to analyze if you can benefit from a bigger antenna.

After all, the antenna is about $120-$200 purchase.

#4513 2 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

After all, the antenna is about $120-$200 purchase.

That isn't what I was told. I was involved in a conference call a few months ago about HNT. The guy doing the pitch was with a company that would install them at businesses for free in return for his company taking 80% of the mining revenue. I had asked him privately about the antenna and if he would be willing to sell one of the miners they had and this was his response to the antenna question.

He said he wasn't allowed to sell the inventory they had, which made sense, but I had to ask.

I just assumed you'd unscrew the antenna from the miner and hook it up to the end of the cable in the link. Maybe I'm wrong though?

"I’m generally running these cables.

Eightwood RP-SMA Male to N Male WiFi Router Antenna Extension Cable Coax RG58 20 feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0841J2652/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_TS7X4YC6B4048PDFF4SF

Yes, single cable to the antenna. You can run a cable from the basement to a 6 dBi to 12 dBi antenna. The longer the cable the more dBi loss, so something to consider. "

#4514 2 years ago

If it helps anyone…
My friend had one setup on his house in town in Portland. Wasn’t pleased at all with returns and moved his to a smaller town about 45min outside the city. He made more in two days than two months at his house so location is super important. He also got his at a much higher location.

2FA4561D-5DE1-4FEB-9AD8-C5B7D461B9C8 (resized).jpeg2FA4561D-5DE1-4FEB-9AD8-C5B7D461B9C8 (resized).jpeg
#4515 2 years ago

I bought a minor...I bought Hut8 stock.

#4516 2 years ago

My long calls on Marathon are doing well.

#4517 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I bought a minor...I bought Hut8 stock.

They call that human trafficking and I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

#4518 2 years ago

I ordered the day before you, same boat. I did order an 8dbi antenna, I've been planning on sticking it on a 10 foot pole on my roof one of these days. I'd like to have it all set up before the miner arrives. But it sounds like that may be awhile still.

#4519 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Anyone else watching LRC/Loopring blow up today on GME rumors? I picked some up when I saw the pump happening, will probably dump in the next 48 hours. But those GME fans are slow and late and love to bag hold, it's making a bunch of Robinhood GME noobs jump into crypto, so it might continue to moon for a few days.

I picked up 220 LRC the day after I posted this and it had dropped in price. It's been slowly gaining with all crypto, but today the pump is on and it's jumped 36%. I'm in that familiar situation where I'm trying to decide if I should sell or buy more.

#4520 2 years ago

Btc ATH

#4521 2 years ago

Everything is on fire right now, all time highs left and right.

#4522 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I ordered the day before you, same boat. I did order an 8dbi antenna, I've been planning on sticking it on a 10 foot pole on my roof one of these days. I'd like to have it all set up before the miner arrives. But it sounds like that may be awhile still.

Can you post a link to the antenna you bought?

#4523 2 years ago

1 million Satoshi's is only $675!

#4524 2 years ago

Can you post a link to the antenna you bought?

Yeah, it's this one... I have no idea how it will work, but it was the tallest one I could find with decent reviews from Helium miners:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09D53VX86/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00

#4525 2 years ago

Crypto is mooning today, wow! In less exciting news, I aped into the Veve Disney Golden Moments NFTs today. The Pixar NFTs drop tomorrow, I’ll probably buy a few blind boxes hoping to mint a rare “Pizza Planet Truck” from Toy Story. Hardcore Disney fans go ape shit for licensed Disney stuff, so why not. Looking at these as more long term holds. No crypto needed, one can purchase easily with credit card.

A6F993F9-611C-4242-BE80-18A884B0A7A8 (resized).jpegA6F993F9-611C-4242-BE80-18A884B0A7A8 (resized).jpegBDA9F068-6512-4155-A219-B8F29F06E80F (resized).jpegBDA9F068-6512-4155-A219-B8F29F06E80F (resized).jpegC4861125-89FB-424F-BF90-405A92E7D7B0 (resized).jpegC4861125-89FB-424F-BF90-405A92E7D7B0 (resized).jpeg
#4526 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I picked up 220 LRC the day after I posted this and it had dropped in price. It's been slowly gaining with all crypto, but today the pump is on and it's jumped 36%. I'm in that familiar situation where I'm trying to decide if I should sell or buy more.

I ended deciding to buy more LRC after seeing a zillion GME fans hype it on r/CryptoCurrency, gonna ride the hype wave a little longer into the green, but I'm ready to sell it pretty quick if it pumps more and to cash in on the profits.

#4527 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

1 million Satoshi's is only $675!

Sorry...$682 now, but still.

#4528 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just for fun here’s a screen shot of some crypto 2/8/2021[quoted image][quoted image]

Nine months ago. What a crazy ride.

D2D87E03-1E10-46DF-99D4-24B9F874592A (resized).pngD2D87E03-1E10-46DF-99D4-24B9F874592A (resized).png
#4529 2 years ago

Ordered a Bobcat miner, what other miners are profitable and don't need a complicated cooling system and can easily be placed in a room in the home?

#4530 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I ended deciding to buy more LRC after seeing a zillion GME fans hype it on r/CryptoCurrency, gonna ride the hype wave a little longer into the green, but I'm ready to sell it pretty quick if it pumps more and to cash in on the profits.

LRC up another 44% today and still climbing

#4531 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

LRC up another 44% today and still climbing

I remember adding that to my FTX app back when it was ~$0.20. I ended up not buying any though.

#4532 2 years ago

I remember adding that to my FTX app back when it was ~$0.20. I ended up not buying any though.

I bought it at $0.99 last Monday and then again at $2.15 yesterday. At $3 I expect a lot of people to cash out, but it's hundreds of thousands of GME fans buying it on a rumor and maybe they won't sell?

#4533 2 years ago

So I decided I will finally get a hw wallet afterall.

I wonder if it's better to get the ledger nano x or buy a couple of ledger nano s to spread?

eg.. nano S 1 for btc, eth, .. ; nano S 2 for metamask

#4534 2 years ago

I use a Trezor. My Ledger is still in a box from years ago. Something about deleting the app associated with the coin scares the hell out of me.

#4535 2 years ago

I use a Trezor. My Ledger is still in a box from years ago. Something about deleting the app associated with the coin scares the hell out of me.

Why? There's no requirements to have an app or even the Ledger device to still have wallet access... just need the seed phrase. In fact it is possible to restore a Ledger wallet in Metamask and vice-versa, if you want to port it away. Also Ledger also has far better compatibility with Metamask, which is the most commonly accepted wallet. I hear people having issues with Trezor all the time when minting NFTs

#4536 2 years ago

I started a super small position staking USDC on Celsius for the 8.88% and looking for anyone doing similar and what they've found is the cheapest route to buy USDC and transfer it. Crypto fees really can be absurd for those of us just doing mostly toe dips into the pool.

#4537 2 years ago

Here’s Kraken’s fee

36609DC6-5B57-43C4-95E6-85511DD50929 (resized).png36609DC6-5B57-43C4-95E6-85511DD50929 (resized).png
#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Here’s Kraken’s fee
[quoted image]

I don't know about more recently, but the Mycelium wallet app was popular for awhile. However, their responsiveness to user queries or possible problems seems to be close to zero, near as I can tell. (And it didn't seem to support the Lightning network.) Or perhaps there is a decent online forum for this somewhere ?

#4539 2 years ago

These Disney+ Golden Moments NFTs are trending right now. I paid $410 for the Mickey Sorcerer’s Hat and it’s now selling for close to $1500 a day later. Also picked up the Toy Story Pizza Truck and Wall-E today. Star Wars gold NFTs are being released Thursday at noon PST on Veve. So far, I haven’t had success trying to buy the drop at $60 per NFT, but even buying on secondary these early Disney NFTs look like a good buy.

Note: there is currently no off-ramp from Veve gems (OMI tokens) to fiat (USD), so don’t invest in Veve NFTs if you plan to cash out anytime soon. This is more of a long term hold while they continue to develop the platform and tokenomics.

1ACDD1A6-052D-4096-B49A-63268484FC1C (resized).png1ACDD1A6-052D-4096-B49A-63268484FC1C (resized).png3B27880C-AD67-406C-A3C8-C19F6CB06E7C (resized).png3B27880C-AD67-406C-A3C8-C19F6CB06E7C (resized).png725628B8-0738-4CB9-B8A7-D70E85D18423 (resized).png725628B8-0738-4CB9-B8A7-D70E85D18423 (resized).pngBC38DF6F-9C3B-4A33-87CD-219998943E88 (resized).pngBC38DF6F-9C3B-4A33-87CD-219998943E88 (resized).pngE524CDFC-EECD-49FB-B58F-1473016B5718 (resized).pngE524CDFC-EECD-49FB-B58F-1473016B5718 (resized).pngEBB4E795-A897-4F1B-A227-DE9D1C3492DC (resized).pngEBB4E795-A897-4F1B-A227-DE9D1C3492DC (resized).png

#4540 2 years ago

With Veve and the NFT's you purchased above, if you sell them, can the Gems (Veve currency) be converted back to $ or ETH or some other crypto?

#4541 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I don't know about more recently, but the Mycelium wallet app was popular for awhile. However, their responsiveness to user queries or possible problems seems to be close to zero, near as I can tell. (And it didn't seem to support the Lightning network.) Or perhaps there is a decent online forum for this somewhere ?

Strike and blue wallet are great for btc and lightning with super low fees but they don’t do usdc.

#4542 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

With Veve and the NFT's you purchased above, if you sell them, can the Gems (Veve currency) be converted back to $ or ETH or some other crypto?

Upon further research, there’s no off-ramp to convert Veve Gems ECOMI (OMI) tokens to fiat at this time. Looks like a one way street for now, so don’t recommend investing in Veve NFTs if you plan to cash out in the near term. I guess they’re working on the ability to convert OMI to fiat, but only techno babble and promises so far. Hopefully, folks will be able to get their money back in 2022 and beyond. Until then, I’m the proverbial Guinea pig, lol. BTW, only the Mickey wizard hat and Bart and Homer NFTs have increased in value thus far; the others are down. Time will tell if these were a good investment.

#4543 2 years ago

Inflation - 6.2%! And that's to lowest number they could lie to us about. Yikes.

#4544 2 years ago

Not that anyone cares, but I'm doing a presentation today at noon for about 25 business owners in my networking group. We needed a presenter and I thought Crypto might be a good topic. I've receive a few emails and texts from people that said they were really looking forward to the presentation.

#4545 2 years ago

Not that anyone cares, but I'm doing a presentation today at noon for about 25 business owners in my networking group. We needed a presenter and I thought Crypto might be a good topic. I've receive a few emails and texts from people that said they were really looking forward to the presentation.

Any chance of making that available, either as a video or as a powerpoint ? (Could even have edits, to excise anything that is confidential, or not deemed shareable.) Have to note though that anyone like myself would be coming from a very elementary knowledge level. There are already quite a few terms in this thread that I have to look up, because I did not recognize them.

[Some of us not at all well-versed in this subject could benefit from a sticky with a glossary . . . . ]

#4546 2 years ago

We are on the verge of BTC 70K and ETH 5K, possibly in the next couple days.

#4547 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

We are on the verge of BTC 70K and ETH 5K, possibly in the next couple days.

It is a good time to be in crypto!

#4548 2 years ago

Is anyone still buying, selling or waiting for the dip?

Maybe current market is the dip

I'm following Astropin and hodling my BTC. I'm actually very tempted to buy some more but...

#4549 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is anyone still buying, selling or waiting for the dip?
Maybe current market is the dip
I'm following Astropin and hodling my BTC. I'm actually very tempted to buy some more but...

I bought more BTC at 66.8K

#4550 2 years ago

RTM ~ Raptoreum!

Weeeeeeeee.

Devs are adding it to a Tier 2 exchange this week...she's going nuts!

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/91?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.