(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,170 posts
  • 229 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by taylor34
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240301-124124 (resized).png
20240229_085145 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240229_093420_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7633 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240219_112230_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-15 131040 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,170 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 164.
#4451 2 years ago

I"m hodling what I saved so far (up 30% overall).

I was just wondering if one would buy for 100k today at the current "high" prices if it would be profitable in 6 months time or not and which coin(s) you would pick.

#4452 2 years ago

Looks like Solana is about to make a big move.

Edit 215 at time of post

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Looks like Solana is about to make a big move.
Edit 215 at time of post

I think Solana is a good HODL long term.

Maybe it will be the next Ethereum.

#4454 2 years ago

Solana has flipped Cardano.

#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Solana has flipped Cadano.

What does flipped mean?

#4456 2 years ago

Anybody else get their free bitcoin from Aaron Rodgers?

#4457 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

What does flipped mean?

Surpassed it in market cap (Total value).

#4458 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Surpassed it in market cap (Total value).

Cool. So a good thing

#4459 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Anybody else get their free bitcoin from Aaron Rodgers?

That guy never returns my calls

#4460 2 years ago

Was that real? I saw it and instantly thought it was one of those send me x Bitcoin and I’ll send you x2 Bitcoin back scams(they don’t send you anything back).

#4461 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Was that real? I saw it and instantly thought it was one of those send me x Bitcoin and I’ll send you x2 Bitcoin back scams(they don’t send you anything back).

Nope...it's real. He's still doing it I believe. Giving out a total of 1M in BTC. Most people are getting either $10 or $100 from what I've seen so far. All a promotional deal he made with CashApp.

He's also taking part of his pay in Bitcoin now.

#4462 2 years ago

That’s cool! Hope it gets some new ppl in.

#4463 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Nope...it's real. He's still doing it I believe. Giving out a total of 1M in BTC. Most people are getting either $10 or $100 from what I've seen so far. All a promotional deal he made CashApp.
He's also taking part of his pay in Bitcoin now.

I was hoping for $100 but I now have $10 more than I had yesterday.

#4464 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I have a few grand in CAKE staked in a Syrup pool making around 70% APY.

I'm going to highly NOT recommend this, unless you take a good hard look at the price volatility of the underlying token and can get in on the very cheap side. The volatility of CAKE has been crap for me. I'm just waiting on the sh--- to go back up to like 22/23 bucks and then I'm bailing on it. I did not expect it to drop that much and STAY there, which it seems 18-19 bucks is the "norm" now.

My losses from token devaluation have stripped out any gains I've made in the actual amount of pool payouts by a factor of 5-10x. I'm about 75 bucks down on around 425 bucks worth of value when I staked.

*edit* I will say that I've done the math, and the APRs do come out as expected against the amount of the token put in. I'm just saying you have to watch the price of the token itself as well. It doesn't matter if it's 70% APR and you lose 40% in value in a year on the token.

#4465 2 years ago

Since I'm the resident LINK fanboy, I just thought I'd post this here for anyone that might not have seen it.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/chainlink-s-total-value-secured-surpasses-75b-as-defi-continues-to-surge

#4466 2 years ago

A new meme coin has just been released. Spikeinu have a few mates into this space and they have made some good calls, reckon this one might be worth an outside punt.

Website here https://spikeinu.io/

Need to buy on uniswap at the moment, details below

Not advice, DYOR!

Our contract address is: 0x0f3dEBf94483beEcBFD20167C946A61Ea62d000f
TOKENOMICS -
Total supply: 1000,000,000,000,000
Burned: 15%
Max Buy : 0,5%
Max Wallet : 2%
- TAX BUY : 5%
- TAX SELL : 10%
You can check our newest price here: https://www.dextools.io/app/ether/pair-explorer/0x4ed046f15507d9ddb46932cf4836f60b372a2834
https://app.uniswap.org/#/swap?outputCurrency=
app.uniswap.org
Uniswap Interface
Swap or provide liquidity on the Uniswap Protocol

#4467 2 years ago

Well i got back my intial ETH i put into Spikeinu at 100% gain in 20 mins, so sold 50% to get back my initial investment and now am free carrying.

#4468 2 years ago

Thanks! I'm not sure if I want to spend the ~$60 to mint whatever that thing is supposed to be. Are you going to go for it? Doesn't look like you get anything unless you're one of the first 8 people or you have a pile of Vampires, buy a pile of whatever they are and then burn them.
It doesn't really make sense to me and they look pretty dumb.

I minted one this morning; don't like or believe in this one but an extra entry to my OS account.

The way I see it, if you can get something at mint, you can't lose much.

#4469 2 years ago

I found an interesting comment in one of the Bitcoin Talk forums discussing the impending switch for ETH from PoW to PoS. They were saying that once that happens, everyone is going to be looking for something else to mine. That would mean that the current ETH allocation of ~750TH/s would essentially be re-allocated to other coins.

They are saying that in order for the other coins to handle the influx of 750TH/s, the price of those coins would need to go up 25x for it to be profitable. The other options are to continue to mine at a loss, or to dump the GPUs on the open market and drive the price of the GPUs through the floor.

Interesting assessment that almost makes me want to stock up on some cheap EtHash coins.

#4470 2 years ago

The floor on my Cryptodad and my SVS Vampire is steadily dropping. I have this funny feeling that they will be worthless within 30 days. Shorty after that, the developers will be bored and the projects will die.

Meanwhile, every time I look ETH hits an all time high.

I know you're supposed to buy low and sell high, but I'm seriously considering getting out now while I can salvage some of the ETH.

Anyone else think NFTs are dead?

#4471 2 years ago

The floor on my Cryptodad and my SVS Vampire is steadily dropping. I have this funny feeling that they will be worthless within 30 days. Shorty after that, the developers will be bored and the projects will die.
I know you're supposed to buy low and sell high, but I'm seriously considering getting out now while I can salvage some of the ETH.

As you know I'm in exactly the same situation. I decided to wait it out though. I prefer all or nothing over selling now.

#4472 2 years ago

NFT's aren't dead...but you have to stay with the hype train.

#4473 2 years ago

I doubt NFT's are dead, but their pricing usually seems to follow a similar cycle as a meme stock. Lots of hype at first drives the price up for a few days or weeks, then the hype fades as people get excited about the next project and move on. If I own a meme coin or meme stock and miss selling at the ATH and am slowly watching it lose value, I sell at a loss and move on. Heck, I do that with regular stocks. Not sure why I'd treat an NFT differently. And I buy some risky stuff, I bought some SHIB too close to the top, but like a stop loss with a stock, when it dropped 20%, I sold it and bought ETH. Quite happy with that decision as the ETH has more than made up for the loss.

#4474 2 years ago

NFTs will play a major part in metaverse.
If that’s current ones or new ones remains to be determined. But I’m not selling any I’m in atm.

What’s killing sales of NFTs is broken ass gas system for Eth. Sols NFTs are doing quite well. Most mine are up and holding on Sol.

#4475 2 years ago

So when ETH switches from PoW to PoS, will the gas prices drop significantly and move people away from SOL and back to ETH?

#4476 2 years ago

My guess is Eth 2.0 isn’t going to drop the gas to the gas costs of Sol. Just my guess we’ll see when it comes whenever that is. From what I understand it’ll shard Eth now and have new shards with Eth 2.0. Might not be the smoothest transition.

Minting, swapping, anything really on Sol is pennies. The network is so fast and can handle so many transactions. However it is rough around the edges.

I don’t see a winner take all future more like compatibility between chains. But I think it’s more likely Sol will x5 than Eth will x5.

Speaking of Sol they launched a dog token rival of Shiba and Doge called Samo a few weeks ago. It’s been running last two days if anyone is looking for a shitcoin lotto ticket.

#4477 2 years ago

Just found out today you can deposit cash into cashapp at any 7-11 or Walgreens and turn it into Bitcoin.

Nice option to skip your bank.

4BBBC7E2-D401-4ECC-8CBF-AC7D761C133C (resized).png4BBBC7E2-D401-4ECC-8CBF-AC7D761C133C (resized).png
#4478 2 years ago

Interesting observation. I had heard it before but was recently reminded of it. No one who has put in the time and effort to understand Bitcoin is anti-bitcoin.

Nearly everyone dismisses it at first glance. Or even after just a little digging. Most people stop right there... but the ones who keep going change their tune...everytime.

#4479 2 years ago

Right now is not NFT time... it is crypto time, so people are re-allocating NFT funds to ride the crypto train. You'll also see this in crypto coins in a bull market... coins will pump, then die as people move their liquidity to the next set of coins.

To reiterate, there are a few things to keep in mind

1) The price of ETH has been rising...for example I bought one NFT for 0.67 ETH and now it's at 0.4 ETH. It's only $100 down in USD terms, but if it was sitting in ETH it would have gone up $1000. This is a no-brainer. Bulls have ETH going up another 2-3x and Bitcoin 2x... in the next few months or so... and even the best projects may not keep up with that.

2) After the crypto market pump subsides, money will pour back into NFTs as an alternate store of value + utility. Some NFT projects are actually retaining value or increasing today, so make note of those to dump your money into after the crypto bull run. Other projects are trying to re-invent themselves to add value down the road... these are also good candidates to re-invest your gains.

3) The rest of the projects may continue to drop. In fact over 90% of all NFTs will go worthless... just a matter of when. Again, focus on quality.

4) Buy red, sell green applies to NFTs as well.

Personally I'm not selling my longer term projects... Maybe I should.. but there is some risk I'd be priced out of a few of them if I don't get back in quick enough, but they have utility right now, so I'd miss out on that as well. Others are already so low I'm just not going to bother getting back a 0.0x ETH, particularly with the bull market gas fees potentially offsetting that. On the other end, if those projects turn out to be good, they may 5x or 10x from here... so I'm sacrificing a near lock on 3x for either a 10x or 1x... gambling at its best.

If you sell now you'll find good buying opportunities in some cases, and you'll miss the boat in others. If you have some of the good ones in your portfolio it'll probably make up for the rest of the garbage in time. There is still the advent of Twitter, TikTok, and Facebook NFT integrations, upcoming Coinbase NFT marketplace, ETH2.0 to help reduce costs, all very soon... if the crypto market implodes at the same time all that gets turned on, the NFT market could boom in a perfect storm scenario that dwarfs anything we've seen.

Or we could wind up with a years-long NFT winter. Lay down your money and place your bets. Nothing is going to come easy.

#4480 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Speaking of Sol they launched a dog token rival of Shiba and Doge called Samo a few weeks ago. It’s been running last two days if anyone is looking for a shitcoin lotto ticket.

Go Samo Go!

044D2F81-3748-44C7-B635-36C9FDB4E966 (resized).png044D2F81-3748-44C7-B635-36C9FDB4E966 (resized).png
#4481 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

shitcoin lotto ticket.

Already at 19 cents? Missed the bus already heh.

#4483 2 years ago

How are you buying these weird coins? I don't mind gambling, but I'm not sure where to get them.

#4484 2 years ago

All NFTs are down right now, suck it up. If you have no patience and can’t see through a pullback, then NFTs aren’t for you. Right now would be the time to make carefully selected value buys before the next rally. Stop with the FUD, just sell your NFTs already.

#4485 2 years ago

How are you buying these weird coins? I don't mind gambling, but I'm not sure where to get them.

Raydium.IO and connect your Solana wallet (phantom, solflare, etc).
That’s also where you can do liquidity pools.

#4486 2 years ago

With most NFTs being hammered lately, not a lot of good news to talk about, but the Desperate Ape Wives are on a tear and bunch of celebs have already aped in. I picked up two and making some moves to try to pick up a third before they possibly moon. The Jungle Freaks are also a good value buy IMO if you have ETH to play around with.

The project I’m most excited about is the Non-Fungible Fungi, can’t wait until the shrooms reveal in a few weeks. Planning to mint SVS Gen2 female vampires and would also like to get into a few HAPEBEAST apes when they launch in December. Not much else peeks my interest right now and most NFT projects are going to crash and burn. Like others have said, nothing comes easy in NFTs unless you get in early on the right projects or just get stupid lucky and mint a rare NFT in the right project.

Some recent additions. I sold my Creature World NFTs for a profit to buy into other projects. They will be missed
38A487F3-0952-4F0F-AD7C-95817DDB0F0E (resized).jpeg38A487F3-0952-4F0F-AD7C-95817DDB0F0E (resized).jpeg8B04FC0D-D246-4F40-9C68-500596D55C4A (resized).jpeg8B04FC0D-D246-4F40-9C68-500596D55C4A (resized).jpegC9E33D64-407A-4C77-BF29-A1B8E6F1AA7A (resized).jpegC9E33D64-407A-4C77-BF29-A1B8E6F1AA7A (resized).jpegE1DFD615-DE3D-4E57-9EF1-DE0D90DE9735 (resized).jpegE1DFD615-DE3D-4E57-9EF1-DE0D90DE9735 (resized).jpegE957141C-5A17-4F8A-AB77-5D3B19632C6E (resized).jpegE957141C-5A17-4F8A-AB77-5D3B19632C6E (resized).jpegF2AF6BAD-5C20-45AF-BAD5-4FF37B846E4A (resized).jpegF2AF6BAD-5C20-45AF-BAD5-4FF37B846E4A (resized).jpeg

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

With most NFTs being hammered lately, not a lot of good news to talk about

This is when you learn what the good projects are. The Doge Pound is continuing to prove itself to be a blue chip with consistent long-term value. Possibly the cheapest blue chip.

or this...

greenmoonzilla (resized).pnggreenmoonzilla (resized).png
#4488 2 years ago

Wow, nice weekly return!!!!

Hoping that is what happens with my SpikeInu. Did another quick buy at the bottom of this channel, up 100% so sold the intial investment. Now i'm free carrying all my holdings (did the same on release on Friday). Not much in $ value but still billions of coins, so if it moons i'm set!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#4489 2 years ago

Dang what’s going on with helium?

#4490 2 years ago

Sometimes, doing nothing is the hardest (but best) thing to do. #HODL

#4491 2 years ago

90 pages worth of posts, and I just discovered this thread, so have not yet really read into it and don't know if this has been discussed at all. Some governments -- ours in particular -- seem to be at war with Crypto, seeking to either exterminate it or regulate it to a point where it is no longer of much interest to most potential participants. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, and maybe you weren't aware of it. They are depicting Bitcoin and the others as being primarily the realm of criminals, terrorists, drug dealers, **tax cheats**, and etc. There was a series of doom-laden articles in the WSJ about major crackdowns in the offing. The first of these has already arrived, in the form of a "tripwire" box on the 1040 form. (See if your accountant doesn't tear his hair out at the calculating / reporting requirements for this ! And jack their fees accordingly for the extra time involved in having to deal with it.) The IRS has already seized the records of one major crypto exchange, to learn all about WHO's been doing WHAT, and I expect it wasn't or won't be the last such case.

[The so-called anonymity of the blockchain, at least for BTC, was cracked (by the FBI ?) in a major ransomware investigation you may have heard of.]

On the opposite side of the fence: Elon Musk at one point had a Billion $ in BTC, and was (briefly) accepting it for purchase of Teslas . . . BUT, his interest in this has wavered considerably. Facebook & Walmart have talked about creating their own Cryptos, but so far it's just talk. [And FB has other big problems now.] During the baseball playoffs, and on into the World Series, there were quite a few commercials for two new Crypto exchanges, one of which seems to be partnered with MLB. That's Big Business, and pretty damn mainstream, if you're asking me. There has supposedly been some talk in Congress about exempting a very low amount of crypto transaction from mandatory reporting for tax purposes, but we daily observe the gridlock and partisan preoccupations of Congress, so don't place any bets on this going anywhere anytime soon.

#4492 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

90 pages worth of posts, and I just discovered this thread, so have not yet really read into it and don't know if this has been discussed at all. Some governments -- ours in particular -- seem to be at war with Crypto, seeking to either exterminate it or regulate it to a point where it is no longer of much interest to most potential participants. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, and maybe you weren't aware of it. They are depicting Bitcoin and the others as being primarily the realm of criminals, terrorists, drug dealers, **tax cheats**, and etc. There was a series of doom-laden articles in the WSJ about major crackdowns in the offing. The first of these has already arrived, in the form of a "tripwire" box on the 1040 form. (See if your accountant doesn't tear his hair out at the calculating / reporting requirements for this ! And jack their fees accordingly for the extra time involved in having to deal with it.) The IRS has already seized the records of one major crypto exchange, to learn all about WHO's been doing WHAT, and I expect it wasn't or won't be the last such case.
On the opposite side of the fence: Elon Musk at one point had a Billion $ in BTC, and was (briefly) accepting it for purchase of Teslas . . . BUT, his interest in this has wavered considerably. During the baseball playoffs, and on into the World Series, there were quite a few commercials for two new Crypto exchanges, one of which seems to be partnered with MLB. That's Big Business, and pretty damn mainstream, if you're asking me. There has supposedly been some talk in Congress about exempting a very low amount of crypto transaction from mandatory reporting for tax purposes, but we daily observe the gridlock and partisan preoccupations of Congress, so don't place any bets on this going anywhere anytime soon.

IMO.
The ‘war’ will be defi not crypto as a whole. Bitcoin has a pass already (though if this effects lightning is tbd). They want the records so ppl pay taxes that’s it. Banning it would mean no taxes.

#4493 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I really wish my miner would get here.

#4494 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I really wish my miner would get here.

Me too, I'm at just about 8 weeks so still have probably another month or 6 to go

#4495 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

IMO.
The ‘war’ will be defi not crypto as a whole. Bitcoin has a pass already (though if this effects lightning is tbd). They want the records so ppl pay taxes that’s it. Banning it would mean no taxes.

On the one hand, a recent stat indicated that 14 % of Americans now own some form of crypto. That's the beginning of a constituency, so to speak. OTOH, have you ever tried to determine (for official reporting purposes) your P&L for a 365 day calendar year, every transaction logged, what goods or services may have been purchased, what was their value at the time, the attendant increase / decrease in the value of your holdings vs. the day before, plugging in the exchange rates, and how the miner's or other fees figure in to this (some vendors charging you extra for using this form of payment, due to the volatility of the crypto) ? It is a task that looks like it will exasperate, and ultimately probably defeat you. Or do you know of some "magic spreadsheet" to cover all this ? I'd love to see one for BTC.

#4496 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I got my Bobcat miner on Friday.. obviously losing money until I set it up

Quoted from Heretic_9:

[The so-called anonymity of the blockchain, at least for BTC, was cracked (by the FBI ?) in a major ransomware investigation you may have heard of.]
On the opposite side of the fence: Elon Musk at one point had a Billion $ in BTC, and was (briefly) accepting it for purchase of Teslas . . . BUT, his interest in this has wavered considerably. Facebook & Walmart have talked about creating their own Cryptos, but so far it's just talk. [And FB has other big problems now.] During the baseball playoffs, and on into the World Series, there were quite a few commercials for two new Crypto exchanges, one of which seems to be partnered with MLB. That's Big Business, and pretty damn mainstream, if you're asking me. There has supposedly been some talk in Congress about exempting a very low amount of crypto transaction from mandatory reporting for tax purposes, but we daily observe the gridlock and partisan preoccupations of Congress, so don't place any bets on this going anywhere anytime soon.

Let's just be honest... since time immemorial government and banks have worked hand in hand. Crypto can destroy the established banking institutions due to it's efficiency, and thus sever government ties. So governments are scrambling to keep their status quo that has benefitted them too much. I mean if they lose the ability to devalue their own currency, it would suck for them, right?

China wants control of their monetary system too... that's why they kicked out Bitcoin miners. But Bitcoin is not controllable by any government, so they just moved to other countries. Regulations are coming, and it will be a double-edged sword. It will make crypto more mainstream and acceptable, but it will shackle some of the outlier aspects of it. They are very much concerned about "protecting individuals", when what that really means is they want to retain the control. It's going to be a battle for a long time.

That being said, as mentioned above, much of the regulations will surround DeFi. DeFi is what will unsettle the banking institutions. There's large swaths of crypto that have nothing to do with DeFi. NFTs is one such space that could slip under ALL regulations as a collectible/asset. That's why Bitcoin is gaining favor... it's an asset.

Musk was right to buy Bitcoin, he recognizes the value of crypto. He likely had BOD/investors give him a hard time (despite the fact that Bitcoin was the sole reason they had a profitable quarter), and partially because it's a green energy company. He's already said Tesla would be back on board once the majority of Bitcoin miners can show they are actually green. That's well under way, and was only accelerated when China kicked out Bitcoin miners.

And let's do away with all the FUD about Bitcoin being a means to launder money and remain anonymous. It's a damned PUBLIC blockchain. You can track down anyone and their movements, without even asking them. There are ways around it, sure, and there are privacy chains that will likely get hit with the toughest regulations.

The governments of the world are scared but with nearly $3T locked in crypto, they have no choice but to adapt, and when they do the rest of the, who knows, $100T? of money will come in like a flood. Approval of Bitcoin ETF's is already a nod from the US Government, and it's just the start.

#4497 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

On the one hand, a recent stat indicated that 14 % of Americans now own some form of crypto. That's the beginning of a constituency, so to speak. OTOH, have you ever tried to determine (for official reporting purposes) your P&L for a 365 day calendar year, every transaction logged, what goods or services may have been purchased, what was their value at the time, the attendant increase / decrease in the value of your holdings vs. the day before, plugging in the exchange rates, and how the miner's or other fees figure in to this (some vendors charging you extra for using this form of payment, due to the volatility of the crypto) ? It is a task that looks like it will exasperate, and ultimately probably defeat you. Or do you know of some "magic spreadsheet" to cover all this ? I'd love to see one for BTC.

Right... crypto tax reporting is very tough to deal with and a bit unfair like you said. There are plenty of websites to do it for you though.. because why? Crypto is all traceable. If the IRS got their act in order they'd just ask for wallet addresses. I have a spreadsheet I started to track and it's very difficult... for example, all the little gas fees burned from transfers which is separate from any swaps or purchases.

I've heard good recommendations for Koinly.io. I've heard of cointracker, bitcoin.tax, etc. As long as you are safe from someone hacking them you should be good.

#4498 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Right... crypto tax reporting is very tough to deal with and a bit unfair like you said. There are plenty of websites to do it for you though.. because why? Crypto is all traceable. If the IRS got their act in order they'd just ask for wallet addresses. I have a spreadsheet I started to track and it's very difficult... for example, all the little gas fees burned from transfers which is separate from any swaps or purchases.
I've heard good recommendations for Koinly.io. I've heard of cointracker, bitcoin.tax, etc. As long as you are safe from someone hacking them you should be good.

I use CryptoTrader.tax and they connect to all of the major exchanges. Also worth a look:

https://cryptotrader.tax/

#4499 2 years ago

That’s a good one

Zerion.IO is good for tracking MM type wallets too.

I’m curious how much you’ve paid in gas fees, it’s a bit upsetting for me.

#4500 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

OTOH, have you ever tried to determine (for official reporting purposes) your P&L for a 365 day calendar year, every transaction logged, what goods or services may have been purchased, what was their value at the time, the attendant increase / decrease in the value of your holdings vs. the day before, plugging in the exchange rates, and how the miner's or other fees figure in to this (some vendors charging you extra for using this form of payment, due to the volatility of the crypto) ? It is a task that looks like it will exasperate, and ultimately probably defeat you. Or do you know of some "magic spreadsheet" to cover all this ? I'd love to see one for BTC.

The short answer to your question is yes.

It’s a pain in the ass but it can be done. Not sure my accountant is going to like thousands of transactions but I can export dat formatted for most major tax software like ProSeries and Drake. That should make her life easier.

Quoted from darkryder:

I use CryptoTrader.tax and they connect to all of the major exchanges. Also worth a look:
https://cryptotrader.tax/

Does that allow you to specify which assets are disposed of when you sell? I want to go with the individual reporting method, but I haven’t found software to handle that method.

I use Cointracking and they have an OPTI method but it isn’t perfect. Here is a referral link is anyone is interested.

https://cointracking.info/?ref=S372870

There are 8,170 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.