(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,269 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 166.
#4351 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Damn. MANA up 67% since yesterday. Too bad I only have about 2,000 of them. Why do I never buy enough of the winners! At least I got in at $0.162 back in 2018. It always sounded like an interesting project to me, but I never thought it would actually take off.
I guess I shouldn't complain that I'm up 725%.
Anyone see the article on SQUID?
It's another MEME token that's up 40,000%. From $0.012 to about $5.45. The problem is that a lot of people aren't able to sell their tokens.

Only one person gets to cash out

#4352 2 years ago

If you want dirt cheap Bitcoin...buy Sats.

#4353 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I've been really terrible at timing my recent crypto buys. Feeling a little left out I finally bought some ONE and SHIB in the past few days and both had pretty decent drops in value within 24 hours of purchase. And I bought more ADA a few weeks ago when it dropped down to $2.14 only to see it keep dropping. Not worried about the ADA, but I know SHIB is a total gamble. Luckily everything else is way up.

That's the thing... buying something after a pump just increases risk. To say SHIB has pumped is an understatement, as I don't think any asset in the history of earth has gone so far so fast being you could have become a multi-millionaire on $1 in a year. At this point it's part ponzi and part musical chairs and you're too late to be at the top of the ponzi pyramid. DOGE had it's day and has been flat ever since. It's all nice to know that billionaires have been minted off of SHIB, but that is long gone...our chance is going to be with some other coin no one knows about yet... good luck finding that one

ADA has also been extremely lackluster this bull run, as it's just not ready for prime time... it may run along with others, but it won't lead. DOT has stolen the spotlight for the next month at least with the upcoming parachain options... something it's promised to deliver for years.

#4354 2 years ago

I was thinking about ADA a little more, so I'll try to put this into context as much as possible.

ADA is around $2. It's ATH is 50% up from here. In a crypto bull run you know full well it will exceed that ATH and more, so it does absolutely have the chance to go to $5 or maybe even approach $10 before deflating. But others will run 10x, and 20x and 100x.

A late stage crypto run is equivalent to the the late stage internet bubble of 1999 which I participated in (but I've not participated in a crypto run). At that time everything was going up... literally. IPOs were going up multiples on day 1. All anyone was concerned about was getting into the IPOs and stocks running the fastest, so if you chose one that only 2x'd and your buddy found another that went 4x you wanted to dump 2x and jump the 4x. The problem is, it already 4x'd, so odds are you jump in, maybe it goes another 50% then you get disappointed because there's another 5x over there and an 8x over there.

The problem is obvious in hindsight... everyone was chasing the next great thing, and usually too late, so in a market that looked like you could mint 10 baggers on a regular basis turned out to be a chaos of musical chairs... stock A goes up 500%, it attracts more investors, it pumps to 1000%, the early investors start using mid and late investors as their liquidity, they take their profits and roll them somewhere else, and the mid investors into A wind up getting nominal gains, and very late investors wind up becoming liquidity for the early and mid stage investors bail, and the stock winds up deflating 50% or more. This happened over and over until the entire market pumped to its max, and then deflated all at once, leaving massive losses for anyone still in stocks. That was just a 1 year timeframe.

This is exactly what's going to happen with the crypto bull run, but faster...we are now talking weeks or maybe a few months. We all are going to be chasing the best gains to try to take advantage of timing, we will miss more often than not, more people come in and the market starts melting upwards, euphoria abounds, everyone will be chasing the next best thing and when least expect it the entire market will melt down. If you didn't take profits out of the market along the way you're going to be left with "how in the world did I lose that much money in a market that went up 5x?" It's mind-boggling, and as I understand it the entirety of altseason, where the biggest gains are, is only going to be a couple weeks.

The real goal is to do as much as you can in the bull run, and then use those profits in crypto winter to buy all the good projects at a 90% discount... and then next bull run, not only will you 10x as the coins go back to their ATH, but they will 10x again. That's the long way of saying, most of what you will buy today, you are going to be too late. Your only goal is to make it out of the bull run without a decimated porfolio at the end. And yes, at the end of the 1999 bull run, my portfolio was decimated, as were most investors in the 2017 crypto bull run. Ironic isn't it?

#4355 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

That was just a 1 year timeframe.
This is exactly what's going to happen with the crypto bull run, but faster...we are now talking weeks or maybe a few months.

Quoted from Baiter:

It's mind-boggling, and as I understand it the entirety of altseason, where the biggest gains are, is ony going to be a couple weeks.

That's the long way of saying, most of what you will buy today, you are going to be too late.

Do you have insight as to the end of the current bull run? From what I'm reading, you're saying its going to be in the next few weeks or a couple months at most. Is there something I haven't seen?

#4356 2 years ago

I listened to Willy Woo this morning saying he sees it into Q2 Q3 2022
Also breaking the four year cycles.

#4357 2 years ago

Anyone doing the Royal bearing LDA stuff?

#4358 2 years ago

Do you have insight as to the end of the current bull run? From what I'm reading, you're saying its going to be in the next few weeks or a couple months at most. Is there something I haven't seen?

Here's the deal... no one knows. What's going to happen in the mean time is a lot of traders second guessing each other. Markets will swing up and down. coins will alternately pump and drop as investors try to guess when it's actually starting and ending. Last cycle peaked at end of Dec and dropped in Jan after a quick altseason. So a popular opinion is that 1) it hasn't really started yet, and 2) it'll be done after January. But things are different this time with Bitcoin ETFs, institutions buying in... it could be slower and more extended, or it may look more like April/May this year... a much more mild pump and dump. I'm still in the situation where most of my crypto gains were coins bought late 2020, not in 2021.

Also, talking pumps, anyone catch this?

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.50.16 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.50.16 AM (resized).png
#4359 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Also, talking pumps, anyone catch this?

So that was a valid transaction but didn't actually change parties. According to Larva Labs...

PSA: This transaction (and a number of others) are not a bug or an exploit, they are being done with “Flash Loans” (https://ethereumprice.org/guides/article/flash-loans-what-are-they-and-how-do-they-work/). In a nutshell, someone bought this punk from themself with borrowed money and repaid the loan in the same transaction. 1/2

Some recent large bids were done the same way. The ether is offered and removed in a single transaction. So, while technically briefly valid, the bid can never be accepted. We’ll add filtering to avoid generating notifications for these kinds of transactions in the future. 2/2

#4360 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Here's the deal... no one knows.

I'm sticking to my time tested strategy of HODL. Unless I get the bug up my ass that I want a midlife crisis sports car and then I sell some and buy the car. I'm not rich yet, but its been fun.

#4361 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

To say SHIB has pumped is an understatement, as I don't think any asset in the history of earth has gone so far so fast being you could have become a multi-millionaire on $1 in a year.

The truth is that they can't cash out...not enough liquidity. The SHIB "billionaires" would be lucky if they could get out with 100k. Meanwhile, in crypto's that have real world uses you can cash out 100% anytime you like.

#4362 2 years ago

Do you have insight as to the end of the current bull run?

My take is that people can make reasonable long-term predictions about the value things will have in the future, but it's pretty much impossible to predict the movements of individual bear and bull markets with any kind of precision. There's just too much crowd psychology at work, and too many random factors impact the timing of these things. Of course people make big bets on market swings all the time, but they only seem to talk about it when their bets pay off!

#4363 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The truth is that they can't cash out...not enough liquidity. The SHIB "billionaires" would be lucky if they could get out with 100k. Meanwhile, in crypto's that have real world uses you can cash out 100% anytime you like.

Yet another issue I don't have playing around with hundreds, not thousands of dollars, thank god. Literally have never had this happen to me, even with IRON Titanium, the dead coin, a week or two after the owners of the contract said "Nope, it's dead."

#4364 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Of course people make big bets on market swings all the time, but they only seem to talk about it when their bets pay off!

That’s been true my whole career when I was in finance. Similar to the gambler’s fallacy. Every up story had a few down stories that are never quite told. Someone can sound like an amazing trader yet from a macro perspective they trade flat or under depending on their spin.

#4365 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Only one person gets to cash out

Ha ha ha ha ha!

#4366 2 years ago

I'm sticking to my time tested strategy of HODL. Unless I get the bug up my ass that I want a midlife crisis sports car and then I sell some and buy the car. I'm not rich yet, but its been fun.

That's been my strategy with BTC and ETH, but when I dabble in smaller coins, I always have a shorter term exit plan because I think most of them are going to have big peaks and valleys... and most will probably eventually fail.

#4367 2 years ago

People aren't good at timing the market, which is why you see so much whipsaw in crypto and poor use of leverage. One thing you can count on is that big pumps always come with big dumps. Everyone believes their 5x can 100x treating it as free leverage, until it goes back down to .5x. I'd say 100% of all my cryptos have pumped 50%+, 100% of those dropped 50%+ of my initial investment, and somewhere in there lies the ability to better handle the peaks and troughs for those that are diligent. If I always sold half at 2x, then used it to re-buy at -50%, doesn't that sound better?

PS: That's a reasonable strategy for managing a long term hold. In a bull market, re-investing all their profits on the way up is exactly how people wind up losing on the back side, and then sit on a dead investment for years waiting for the next cycle.

#4368 2 years ago

MekaVerse NFT floor below 1. Dying project or time to finally pick one up?

#4369 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

No clue. Looks like the entire NFT space is dying. My Cryptodad is worth less than half of what I paid and my SVS vampire is worth pennies on the dollar.

Should have kept my 3.2 ETH.

#4370 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Honest question from an NFT skeptic, is there much history of NFT projects rebounding in price weeks/months after their release (other than the OG $500k ones, which I understand continue to go up and down)? Such that it would make sense to buy an "old" NFT vs trying to get in on the hot new thing and then get out quickly at a profit before prices inevitably tank?

#4371 2 years ago

ETH is sure on a nice upward trajectory right now. It's gone from 3K to 4.4K over the last month.

#4372 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Honest question from an NFT skeptic, is there much history of NFT projects rebounding in price weeks/months after their release (other than the OG $500k ones, which I understand continue to go up and down)? Such that it would make sense to buy an "old" NFT vs trying to get in on the hot new thing and then get out quickly at a profit before prices inevitably tank?

I think you will see the gaming side with actual use cases have more longevity as most of these AI manufactured AI NFT's appear to be very 15 minutes of fame hype rises which I'm guessing requires quite a bit of social media exposure. If the only reason people are buying them is because they think they will go up in price, rather than 'liking' the art and owning the art, it's really just gambling. What kills me is the people who are actually throwing the money around on them. Maybe my anti-micro transaction / skins dislike is why I don't get it. I collect some art, but not because of value, just because I like it. This doesn't seem to be that.

#4373 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What's the most any of you have made off of selling an NFT?

Sold a rare MeeBit that I minted for free for 12 ETH. Paid my California taxes with that sale. That made me an immediate believer in NFTs. Once you get a taste, you’ll be hooked…

394E683E-C245-4C56-860B-C37A29EDBB53 (resized).png394E683E-C245-4C56-860B-C37A29EDBB53 (resized).png530D2B8E-835F-43AF-80B5-45DAE7C0BF34 (resized).jpeg530D2B8E-835F-43AF-80B5-45DAE7C0BF34 (resized).jpeg8316DCDC-8F92-470A-9C68-ED5FEE187559 (resized).png8316DCDC-8F92-470A-9C68-ED5FEE187559 (resized).pngEE540EC1-114A-4D19-A493-3B6512787EF9 (resized).pngEE540EC1-114A-4D19-A493-3B6512787EF9 (resized).png
#4374 2 years ago

$0.
I can't sell, I'm in the hole too much to sell now.
If I was darkryder my answer would be $500k because I'd be dumping both of my Cryptopunks and putting $1 million in the bank.

Tempting, but you’d have to pay huge cap gains taxes and IMO you’d be leaving a LOT of potential future gains on the table. I’m going to HODL as I can’t see punks going anywhere but up in the future. This might sound weird, but NFTs like punks each have personalities and I’ve sort of grown attached to the little guys…kind of like my pins

#4375 2 years ago

Latest additions…Boonji Project. My fiancé also bought one. The art is very nice and these could do well long term. In any case, they drew me in.

https://www.boonjiproject.com/

1FE9A59D-FD81-4503-9ADF-F837274D5E37 (resized).jpeg1FE9A59D-FD81-4503-9ADF-F837274D5E37 (resized).jpeg226ED26E-8022-4C72-8081-19F1682008EC (resized).jpeg226ED26E-8022-4C72-8081-19F1682008EC (resized).jpeg8610D149-FBFC-4E09-A5F4-F7F0F1648FCC (resized).jpeg8610D149-FBFC-4E09-A5F4-F7F0F1648FCC (resized).jpeg
#4376 2 years ago

My advice (for what it's worth). If you don't have one, get to one. #Bitcoin

That is financial advice (from someone who is not a financial advisor).

#4377 2 years ago

Interesting read about one of the makers of Netscape and his moves on crypto.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/big-hires-big-money-d-184904464.html

#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Get one what? 1 BTC?

#4379 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yup!! I’m working on getting 1 BTC. Hoping my moonshot meme coin will get me one BTC using the profits. If not, just gonna keep buying every paycheck.

Having 1 BTC will put you in a unique club… 10-20 years down the road.

#4380 2 years ago

My shitcoin Pussy is mooning.

B9B1A6FF-E98A-420D-B50E-6DE5BDD2A1BA (resized).pngB9B1A6FF-E98A-420D-B50E-6DE5BDD2A1BA (resized).png
#4381 2 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Having 1 BTC will put you in a unique club… 10-20 years down the road.

5-10

Yes sir.

#4382 2 years ago

Although like Spyderturbo007 I'm just losing big time on NFT at the moment, I feel the need for another one and have a hard time choosing between floor APE GANG or MEKAVERSE.

Any recommendations?

#4383 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

[quoted image]

13k volume

#4384 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I dare you to say that to a stranger.

#4385 2 years ago

Bougt MANA at 80c a few months ago, sold MANA last week for 80c, today MANA is 3.43.....

mana (resized).JPGmana (resized).JPG
#4386 2 years ago

That and Sandbox have been crushing

#4387 2 years ago

Today was 10million volume.

#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Today was 10million volume.

Your screen shot says 13k?

#4389 2 years ago

BIDAO is going to be the next massive defi project!!!

#4390 2 years ago

That was from a day ago…before the surge

Quoted from Astropin:

Your screen shot says 13k?

#4391 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Bougt MANA at 80c a few months ago, sold MANA last week for 80c, today MANA is 3.43.....
[quoted image]

OH CRAP! That is my kinda luck. Ive been watching MANA lately. Woulda, shoulda, Coulda...

#4392 2 years ago

Anyone here feeling ERN ( ETHERNITY)?...

#4393 2 years ago

Bitcoiners refer to people who have not bought Bitcoin yet as no-coiners.

I disagree. There are no "no-coiners", only pre-coiners.

"Those who get to where everyone is going first, benefit the most" - Robert Breedlove

Bitcoin is still under 5% global adoption; but, is being adopted at a faster rate than the internet or cell phones.

#4394 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

OH CRAP! That is my kinda luck. Ive been watching MANA lately. Woulda, shoulda, Coulda...

I should have sold mine when it was $4.50. Oh well, story of my investing life. I’ll just go back to the HODL strategy.

I’ve been sitting on it for 4 years, what’s another few years.

#4395 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Bitcoiners refer to people who have not bought Bitcoin yet as no-coiners.
I disagree. There are no "no-coiners", only pre-coiners.
"Those who get to where everyone is going first, benefit the most" - Robert Breedlove
Bitcoin is still under 5% global adoption; but, is being adopted at a faster rate than the internet or cell phones.

Thought it was “HFSP”

#4396 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thought it was “HFSP”

"Have fun staying poor" has turned into "NGMI"

#4397 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Oh damn... I threw $90 at that back in June. My wallet keeps saying $51 so I didn't bother paying attention. After you posted I realized it's actually $400. So... I'll chalk that up as one of my best investments of the year!

And... this is why you buy it.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 2.29.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-31 at 2.29.58 PM (resized).png
#4398 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Sold a rare MeeBit that I minted for free for 12 ETH. Paid my California taxes with that sale. That made me an immediate believer in NFTs. Once you get a taste, you’ll be hooked…[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's nice! I know someone who sold their Meebit for 400 ETH. I wasn't in the NFT space back in May but I read they were 2.5E to mint?

#4399 2 years ago

Looks like I got my ghost. I guess I have to wait to get the actual ghost? Pdxmonkey what's the next step?[quoted image]

Hi dude,
First free airdrop coming tonight or tomorrow.
https://solcandy.art/
If you still got the ghost.

#4400 2 years ago

Anyone have a coin suggestion for coin base

I own only own Bitcoin at the moment

Looking for a flyer

There are 8,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/88?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.