(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,271 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,271 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 166.
#4201 2 years ago

You think BTC is going to be >600k in another 4 years? I could see it if all the other cryptos die.

#4202 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You think BTC is going to be >600k in another 4 years? I could see it if all the other cryptos die.

People have a hard time understanding exponential growth. Add to that USD inflation...

#4203 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

People have a hard time understanding exponential growth. Add to that USD inflation...

Okay, let me rephrase:

What do you see materially changing with Bitcoin in the next 4 years in terms of protocol or usage that would cause it to 10x from here. I'll give you a relatively generous margin of 3x on the inflation point alone (though frankly if USD is worth 1/3rd what it is now in 4 years, we're all pretty f'ed hardcore and BTC will be the least of our problems to worry about)

#4204 2 years ago

Estimated 13% of US has interacted crypto in the last year. Globally that number is 3.9%.

There’s a pretty big untapped market.

#4205 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, let me rephrase:
What do you see materially changing with Bitcoin in the next 4 years in terms of protocol or usage that would cause it to 10x from here.

Adoption combined with ongoing supply shocks

#4206 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I'm glad some of you are diving into hardware wallets. I had my Ledger for a few months and only recently used it when the volumes of scams started to feel off the charts. I also wanted to make sure I really understood how it worked... I fully reset it 3 times, and transferred very carefully one by one. Through all this I learned a few things
a) You actually have the ability to move your entire Metamask account to Ledger without transfers and gas fees (and honestly with your seed phrase can set it up with most wallets). However it's probably safer not to do that... because, for example, Metamask holds your seed phrase. The only way to guarantee your seed phrase never made it online is to set up the hardware wallet from scratch and transfer assets to it.
b) Metamask has integration with Ledger but not so much with Trezor. This can be very useful.
c) You can transfer multiple assets at a time from OpenSea which helps with gas costs.
d) I keep hearing very seasoned crypto people getting their wallets drained so If you hold significant assets, put them in a hardware wallet and keep your hot wallet with minimal assets. Your assets are not safe anywhere else. Exchanges can be hacked. Robinhood can be hacked. There are hot wallet hacks all over. And all these guys have your seed phrase stored somewhere online. There are free NFT airdrops that can be used to drain your wallet. There are bots everywhere, impersonating everything, even potentially logging your keys. You run a high enough risk being rug pulled, no use adding to your risk.

I currently don't have a hardware wallet; wanted to pick it up but well always postponed it so far. Most are currently staked and others are in flexible savings.

Isn't there a risk if you move all to a hardware wallet, the day you transfer it back to an exchange it gets hacked?

Still all new to me.

#4207 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I currently don't have a hardware wallet; wanted to pick it up but well always postponed it so far. Most are currently staked and others are in flexible savings.
Isn't there a risk if you move all to a hardware wallet, the day you transfer it back to an exchange it gets hacked?
Still all new to me.

A hardware wallet is far and away the safest way to hold your crypto. Next would be a multi-sig custodian that keeps your crypto in cold storage. Software wallets, exchanges and staking are magnitudes less safe. I have some crypto in a self custody hardware wallet, smaller amounts in software wallets, and staked; and then some in an IRA (cold storage).

#4208 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

A hardware wallet is far and away the safest way to hold your crypto. Next would be a multi-sig custodian that keeps your crypto in cold storage. Software wallets, exchanges and staking are magnitudes less safe. I have some crypto in a self custody hardware wallet, smaller amounts in software wallets, and staked; and then some in an IRA (cold storage).

I think for the masses, THIS is one of the biggest issues that needs overcome for mass adoption. Is there any actual solutions that are not this in the works? I think most of us know that most people can't keep track of their head most of the time, let alone all their money on a hardware device the size of a thumb.

#4209 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think for the masses, THIS is one of the biggest issues that needs overcome for mass adoption. Is there any actual solutions that are not this in the works? I think most of us know that most people can't keep track of their head most of the time, let alone all their money on a hardware device the size of a thumb.

That's why things will really change when there is a spot ETF. Easy access. Your not holding the actual asset...but I don't think the general public really cares.

#4210 2 years ago

Astro - quick question.

I am a complete noob and have never purchased any Bitcoin but hold .1020974 in a Coinbase account from free SBR contests and poker. For that little amount is it OK to just leave it at Coinbase? $6800 hardly life changing for me but all things considered I would like to eventually get it rather than have it disappear.

#4211 2 years ago

Personal choice, to my knowledge coinbase has never been hacked. I personally would pull that much off. It's 6800 now but could be a lot more by the end of the year.

#4212 2 years ago

I usually have about 5-7K in BTC, ETH and ADA on Coinbase Pro. I'm not worried about it at all. Coinbase does have it's own software wallet, but I'm not really sure that's any safer than leaving it on Coinbase (which is pretty safe, it's been around forever, is now public, and like Astropin said, it hasn't been hacked).

#4213 2 years ago

Bitcoin has had 5 major drawbacks of over 50%. The most recent one was 56%. If it recovers only half as much as it has in past corrections (on average) it would peak at 300k this cycle. Think about that for a second. Even if it only recovers half as much as it did from just the previous downturn it would reach 125k this cycle.

#4214 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Bitcoin has had 5 major drawbacks of over 50%. The most recent one was 56%. If it recovers only half as much as it has in past corrections (on average) it would peak at 300k this cycle. Think about that for a second. Even if it only recovers half as much as it did from just the previous downturn it would reach 125k this cycle.

Do you have a chart on this? I would enjoy looking at it. Do you subscribe to the top dollar amount it can hit with the amount of wealth out there to purchase it? Like how gold is basically topped out, and will go up with inflation? I thought those numbers were just above 200k.

#4215 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Personal choice, to my knowledge coinbase has never been hacked. I personally would pull that much off. It's 6800 now but could be a lot more by the end of the year.

Would it proper for me to down vote this? LMAO!!!

#4216 2 years ago

Liking my Jungle Freaks NFT's. up 70% on floor price in the last few days!

Also minted a Creature Toadz, will see how that one goes.

#4217 2 years ago

At best my NFTs are just holding value about half down a bit. Hoping things will turn for some of them once new exchanges open to compete, namely Coinbase.

#4218 2 years ago

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/crypto-powered-search-engine-preinstalled-015109341.html

This little bit of regulation in the EU bought me my first pin.... never thought I'd praise the regulators but I guess I'm just not as principled as I thought i was

#4219 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually the hardware device is throw-away... your account is accessed on any device using a seed phrase. So the key is to for people to put their seed phrase in a safe location. Anyone can write some words down on a piece of paper and put it in a safe deposit box, but most people are too lazy. On the Ethereum roadmap is the ability to have multiple custodians of your wallet... so if you lose your keys, you can have a reliable relative or friend give you access back.

You are right though, solving that problem is one of the keys to mass adoption, but in the mean time people can just keep their money on an exchange just like they do a bank, or in Square, or Paypal, or Robinhood, etc. So honestly it's already a solved problem... and then the people who want to keep their money offline, there is a hardware wallet.

#4220 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

At best my NFTs are just holding value about half down a bit. Hoping things will turn for some of them once new exchanges open to compete, namely Coinbase.

NFTs are already ticking back up, but it will be nothing compared to the impending mass adoption comes with Coinbase, Twitter, Facebook. The only thing we don't know is how NFTs will behave with a volatile ETH so it'll be an interesting ride.

#4221 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Liking my Jungle Freaks NFT's. up 70% on floor price in the last few days!
Also minted a Creature Toadz, will see how that one goes.

Yeah, I’m super bummed I struck out on minting that project, those Jungle Freaks are very cool! I’m tempted to buy one at current prices, but exercising restraint.

I did have better luck with CreatureToadz and was able to mint two using different wallets and bought a third on secondary market. I also picked up another SVS vampire for 1 ETH as prices were too low to resist. Have 6 vamps and 5 bats staked now and earning $BLOOD tokens daily.

Looking forward to CreatureToadz and SVS bats reveal this weekend. Hope the NFT market turns around soon as prices are way down in general. Buyer’s market now!
26E76C8D-D93F-4FF7-8E95-D25A860DD700 (resized).jpeg26E76C8D-D93F-4FF7-8E95-D25A860DD700 (resized).jpeg

4D0B7192-7691-4B1F-8911-4A511CDC8366 (resized).jpeg4D0B7192-7691-4B1F-8911-4A511CDC8366 (resized).jpeg
#4222 2 years ago

Just wondering if anyone picked up a MekaVerse?

#4223 2 years ago

I want to grab a mekaverse just haven’t yet decided what kind of rarity to go for.

Anyone looking at panda paradise? Two co workers recommended it to me so I might pick up 2 of them. It’s about half minted. I’ve only made money on nft mints that sell out quickly though so I need to read more on it.

#4224 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Just wondering if anyone picked up a MekaVerse?

Not yet, but tempting! I’d probably grab a Jungle Freak before a MekaVerse. Hustler mag cartoon artist behind the project and art is amazing.

#4225 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

panda paradise

Poked around google on this....found both "Panda Paradise" (Claiming 8888 to be minted) and "Pandas Paradise" (claiming 1337 to be minted).......so that's a negative right off the bat.

.....which one is the scam?

#4226 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Looking forward to Sneaky Bat Syndicate.

Just looks like some guy wearing white pants, a Covid mask and sunglasses bent over and looking at you between his legs.
bending over (resized).jpgbending over (resized).jpg

#4227 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Poked around google on this....found both "Panda Paradise" (Claiming 8888 to be minted) and "Pandas Paradise" (claiming 1337 to be minted).......so that's a negative right off the bat.
.....which one is the scam?

That’s a good point.

For those more experienced in nft’s. Is there a correlation between how quick a minting process is and how successful a nft will be? Or is that just something I am seeing due to my limited exposure to this.

#4228 2 years ago

What a week…
Btc hits ATH
Two days later Dot ATH
Solana is about a dollar away from ATH

#4229 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

That’s a good point.
For those more experienced in nft’s. Is there a correlation between how quick a minting process is and how successful a nft will be? Or is that just something I am seeing due to my limited exposure to this.

Usually quick sell outs become more valuable right off the bat.
Usually if a project has trouble selling out expect the floor to drop well below mint.
Not always just usually.

#4230 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What a week…
Btc hits ATH
Two days later Dot ATH
Solana is about a dollar away from ATH

I was waiting for a dip for two weeks and got tired of waiting. I bought in at the ATH, and it proceeded to drop like a rock immediately.

Think I'll sell so it can go back up and not ruin everyone's portfolio.

#4231 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I was waiting for a dip for two weeks and got tired of waiting. I bought in at the ATH, and it proceeded to drop like a rock immediately.
Think I'll sell so it can go back up and not ruin everyone's portfolio.

The only crypto I've ever been forced to "give up" waiting on a dip to go back up on was DOGE. I waited like 9 months on that f'er to rebound and gave up lol. It was also on Robinhood so I couldn't do anything with it other than straight up sell it or hold it.

There's always going to be somewhat of a dip when a crypto hits new ATHs, in my opinion. Give it a bit of time to creep back up.

#4232 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Just looks like some guy wearing white pants, a Covid mask and sunglasses bent over and looking at you between his legs.
[quoted image]

Needs a Deeproot logo.

#4233 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

. Have 6 vamps and 5 bats staked now and earning $BLOOD tokens daily.

Did I miss my bat? I’ve been sick as hell all week and haven’t done much of anything.

I still have my vampire though. Can yuu oh I give me the 10s tutorial on how to get my bat if it isn’t too late?

#4234 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Did I miss my bat? I’ve been sick as hell all week and haven’t done much of anything.
I still have my vampire though. Can yuu oh I give me the 10s tutorial on how to get my bat if it isn’t too late?

No you still have time:

"
The Bat Claim is now LIVE!

1) Visit: https://dash.svs.gg/
2) Connect your web3 Wallet
3) Click the 'Claim Bats' button on the left side.
4) Select the Vampires you wish to claim companions for.
5) Click 'Claim X Bats' and send the transaction.

Remember:
The claim is open for 7 DAYS (until 28th October at 1pm EST).
You can claim your bat at any time until then (just pay gas).
The time at which you claim plays no factor, your Bat ID is the same as your Vampire ID.
You can claim your bat while your vampire is staked.

The Bat Reveal will occur in 72 hours (October 24th at 1pm EST).
If you claim after this time, the reveal will be instantly after claiming.

Any bats not claimed by 28th October at 1pm EST will be lost... forever.
"

#4235 2 years ago

Spyderturbo007 Also don't forget to mint your mom:

"Minting Website: https://www.cryptodadsnft.com/ (Click "Mint a CryptoMom")"

#4236 2 years ago

Can we talk about staking? The only staking I've done so far is with ATOM on Coinbase at 5%, I just got a notice I earned by first $25 today. I'd like to get on higher staking and I know some of you have some fairly complex staking going on, what's earning you the most?

#4237 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Can we talk about staking? The only staking I've done so far is with ATOM on Coinbase at 5%, I just got a notice I earned by first $25 today. I'd like to get on higher staking and I know some of you have some fairly complex staking going on, what's earning you the most?

I've had about 400 bucks staked in PancakeSwap CAKE tokens via their auto-compounding "Syurp Pool" for around 4 months. It's hard to say what my profit/loss actually is because I did some dumb things early on, but the APR's gone from like 95% to 75% as more people have staked over time. I can give you a picture of the last 2-3 months that should be fairly accurate, but my info's at home...and I'm not.

#4238 2 years ago

What about Mutantcats? https://opensea.io/collection/mutantcats

I've read a few reckon this is a project that could go somewhere, where you can stake the NFT and the owners reinvest in blue chip NFTs to redisctribute rewards to NFT holders

#4239 2 years ago

Liquidity pools are much more lucrative than staking with an exchange…however with high rewards there’s also added risks as well as tax implications when you form the LP token,

What is a liquidity pool?
You’re matching two cryptos together to form a token. Example 1 Solana = 19.5 Raydium so you match the amounts and it gives you an lp token. Then you stake the lp token. Being in the pool grants you payment from the fees that pool collects. And also your value is impacted by if the price of either crypto goes up or down. You can even LP NFTs if there’s enough interest.

Uniswap is what I’ve used for Eth based pools and
Raydium.IO for Solana based. NFTX.IO for NFTs. Definitely want to research what are the pros and cons of each and find step by step guides.

Also it’s important to know if a based crypto will pay out more by itself or if you diluted with a pair if that drags it down despite earning a reward on the lagging asset.

Btw
Exchanges take a cut for making it easy to stake.
Example KSM staking through Kraken is 12% you can do it yourself on Fearless and get 16%.

#4240 2 years ago

What are your thoughts on Thug Pugs?
My son got on the whitelist to mint two of them.

https://www.thugpugs.com/

#4241 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

What about Mutantcats? https://opensea.io/collection/mutantcats
I've read a few reckon this is a project that could go somewhere, where you can stake the NFT and the owners reinvest in blue chip NFTs to redisctribute rewards to NFT holders

Yea this one is very intriguing. They own cryptopunk, bored apes, art blocks, so if you believe those are going to higher, this type of fractional ownership is a good idea.

#4242 2 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

What are your thoughts on Thug Pugs?
My son got on the whitelist to mint two of them.
https://www.thugpugs.com/

Plus for hand drawn. A whitelist spot can be an easy money flip. The key to future typically revolves around a roadmap, but it's a bit fuzzy, so will have to see how it goes.

#4243 2 years ago

Took the plunge and got a mutant cat. Got it for the floor price, yet it was ranked 1178 out of 9999 for rarity! Others aroudn that price were all in the 9000s for rarity.

Sold VET plus cash from the sale of my Twilight Zone to fund it. Hopefully i can buy a TZ back with NFT profits!

#4244 2 years ago

Hope you feel better man! Definitely mint your free bat ASAP or you lose it. They are burning all unclaimed bats which will instantly make them more scarce. Could be a 1/1 rare bat that’s a life changer. I’ve got 6 unrevealed bats and hoping for at least a couple of good ones. From the teasers I’ve seen, they all look bad ass. Prices have been down on NFTs, so I’ve been cherry picking some nice NFTs from the floor before things head back up.

Grabbed another SVS vamp and bat, an Ape Gang and a Mars Cat this week. Might snag a few more Mars Cats as I like the way they look. I’m on white list to mint Wicked Witches on the 29th and waiting for Creature Toadz to reveal this weekend. Also minted a Peace Alien for the heck of it.

The Ape Gang and SVS vampire NFTs are displaying on bill boards in Times Square all weekend. Pretty awesome!

https://twitter.com/svsnft/status/1451633317908975635?s=21

https://twitter.com/apegangnft/status/1451566349055102979?s=21

292F5D18-0357-4046-B667-20E05B53EC86 (resized).jpeg292F5D18-0357-4046-B667-20E05B53EC86 (resized).jpegB20F0CA5-67A9-461C-9958-48AB73748E81 (resized).jpegB20F0CA5-67A9-461C-9958-48AB73748E81 (resized).jpegF62FA0E1-E0CF-44D7-BED9-E420CCA8E68E (resized).jpegF62FA0E1-E0CF-44D7-BED9-E420CCA8E68E (resized).jpeg

#4245 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Hope you feel better man! Definitely mint your free bat ASAP or you lose it. They are burning all unclaimed bats which will instantly make them more scarce. Could be a 1/1 rare bat that’s a life changer. I’ve got 6 unrevealed bats and hoping for at least a couple of good ones. From the teasers I’ve seen, they all look bad ass. Prices have been down on NFTs, so I’ve been cherry picking some nice NFTs from the floor before things head back up.

Snagged a floor bat this morning, really like the teaser art for these.

#4246 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks, I'm just now on the back side of things. Put me down pretty damn hard. Anyway, my bat is pretty boring and I don't think it's probably even in the top 50%. Story of my life.

Probably a waste of the $98 it cost to mint...Oh well. Guess I'll go waste money on minting my Cryptomom too. I suck at this NFT thing.

#4247 2 years ago

It looks like about 10 seconds after I hit the mint button on my Mom, gas prices skyrocketed. Metamask suggested that I go with 70 gwei, but average right now is 104 gwei.

Do I just let the transaction go and see if gas comes back down, or do I try and speed it up by using the "Speed up" button in Metamask?

I just don't want to lose my Mom if something goes wrong.

#4248 2 years ago

Another project minting publically today on Immutablex is Moonshot Garage Project. I'm hearing a few positive things about it, but unfortunately i'm at work when its minting shortly.

https://www.moonshotgarageproject.com/

#4249 2 years ago

It looks like about 10 seconds after I hit the mint button on my Mom, gas prices skyrocketed. Metamask suggested that I go with 70 gwei, but average right now is 104 gwei.
Do I just let the transaction go and see if gas comes back down, or do I try and speed it up by using the "Speed up" button in Metamask?
I just don't want to lose my Mom if something goes wrong.

Did it go through?

I think it would have as those are just maxes you’re setting but sometimes you have to manually up the max in advance settings to like 150000.

Got some decent bats but no 1 of 1s.

CE378745-7591-4D7B-96B9-8DDDFB9558D3 (resized).jpegCE378745-7591-4D7B-96B9-8DDDFB9558D3 (resized).jpeg

Edit
Here’s the bat rankings
https://gaswars.io/collections/0xee0ba89699a3dd0f08cb516c069d81a762f65e56

#4250 2 years ago
6CA67118-F0C5-495A-A16D-70F756646630 (resized).jpeg6CA67118-F0C5-495A-A16D-70F756646630 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,271 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/85?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.