(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,244 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,244 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 165.
#3951 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Very cool. Here goes the madness! Beware, there’s also a fake MekaVerse project on OpenSea with 48 fake Mekas that a few have purchased from, do NOT buy from that seller, always verify the contract address before buying. The fake project is on Polygon blockchain.

How do you check the contract address?

#3952 2 years ago

They normally post their contract address on their website or in their discord. You can compare that with the address listed on OpenSea.

For example, this is the contract listed on the Mekaverse website. The link is at the bottom of the page on the right.

https://etherscan.io/address/0x18fA2DcA20f7157f748C0306A6e70676d39D8e02#code

Here is the contract darkryder indicated was a scam. You can find it under the Details section on Open Sea when viewing the project.

Scam (resized).JPGScam (resized).JPG

You can see that they don't match.

https://polygonscan.com/address/0x699d28ac83d70258c1fc61424d6b086bd2f9b450

On the other hand, this is the legitimate contract on OpenSea and matches the address on the Mekaverse website.

https://opensea.io/assets/0x18fa2dca20f7157f748c0306a6e70676d39d8e02/1

You can also look at the URL since the Etherscan URL and the OpenSea URL both contain the contract address.

#3953 2 years ago

A friend sent me this:

"
Mini Guide to the upcoming Double Bubble.

Lessons from 2017 + A few other things to do / not do:

- Wherever you think the top is on an altcoin, it’s probably going 2-3x higher all in the final few days of the run. Shorting alts / btc is in its final blow off phase will get you liquiditated. When in doubt sell the retest.

- Do not fade green chad candles, if it’s your first bullrun, just buy dips and sell rips. Shorting is hard in bullruns and bear traps become super hard to read.

- Group your alts into categories: alts that follow btc, go inverse to btc, pump when btc crabs. Then Use this to find pairs / groups of 3-4 alts that have capital trickle downs. Often these are in the same ecosystem, so say AVAX tops, money will go from high to low caps of the projects in the ecosystem before exiting or flowing back. As the run goes on capital flows faster and faster as everyone plays musical chairs. This is where the real money is made.

- Have targets, sell points, and a whole portfolio exit point if BTC crashes. In the final moments of the bull run you’ll be so euphoric everything goes out the window.

- Once all the bears who try and call tops all the way up flip bull, we are topping, build a twitter where you follow tons of them too.

- When family members / distant friends start calling saying you might have been right, or saying they should have bought and ask you what to buy, it’s nearly over. Tell peeps other than immediate family / best friends you don’t offer financial advice, because when they get rekt they will offload the blame on you. They also never sell the top even if you tell them to, and then somehow sell the literal cycle bottom. Next cycle they will to do the same thing again. “Ahh mate why didn’t I listen to you, what should I buy?” or the infamous “Is btc okay mate?” Every tiny correction. Been there done that, it’s not worth it even for a large % cut.

- Above all take profits often, as a general rule of thumb you should be scaling out 5-10% around every fib zone and 10-30% on the zones above the 64.618. Keep stops at least a few fibs below to lock in profits incase of black swan events on alts (unless your bag is a 50m or below cap) in which case you’ll probably get stop hunted. Those bags are the are yolo 100x or rekt no stop bags. if the project dies / the dev rugs just accept the loss and make sure it’s not a big % of your folio.

- Use leverage to free up $, if say you entered at $1 and price is now $1.50+ that’s safe to slide up to max leverage and remove the excess margin to use for other plays. Make sure stop is in tons of profit. The only downside to this is increasing your ADL which can cause the position to be forced closed on some exchanges.

- Reduce leverage / tighten stops as things become more and more overbought + place safety stops with reduce only on if not in hedge mode (use hedge mode if you’re not already).

- If you make life-changing money for fuck sake take some off the table homies. I went through it so you don’t have to, plz learn from my mistake.

- Finally, If Peter Schiff flips bull, market sell everything

General weekly price action of a bull run:

Monday - Often dumpy & sets the low for the week

Other Weekdays - Follows up trend from Monday low, higher low often put in

Sat & Sunday - Scam sideways into a new high before dumping back down on CME open make new Monday lows through the gap.

General money flow:

When BTC tops this will be the flow of smart money for the final rally & REAL complacency shoulder.
"

Euh?.....

#3954 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

A friend sent me this:
"
Mini Guide to the upcoming Double Bubble.
Lessons from 2017 + A few other things to do / not do:
- Wherever you think the top is on an altcoin, it’s probably going 2-3x higher all in the final few days of the run. Shorting alts / btc is in its final blow off phase will get you liquiditated. When in doubt sell the retest.
- Do not fade green chad candles, if it’s your first bullrun, just buy dips and sell rips. Shorting is hard in bullruns and bear traps become super hard to read.
- Group your alts into categories: alts that follow btc, go inverse to btc, pump when btc crabs. Then Use this to find pairs / groups of 3-4 alts that have capital trickle downs. Often these are in the same ecosystem, so say AVAX tops, money will go from high to low caps of the projects in the ecosystem before exiting or flowing back. As the run goes on capital flows faster and faster as everyone plays musical chairs. This is where the real money is made.
- Have targets, sell points, and a whole portfolio exit point if BTC crashes. In the final moments of the bull run you’ll be so euphoric everything goes out the window.
- Once all the bears who try and call tops all the way up flip bull, we are topping, build a twitter where you follow tons of them too.
- When family members / distant friends start calling saying you might have been right, or saying they should have bought and ask you what to buy, it’s nearly over. Tell peeps other than immediate family / best friends you don’t offer financial advice, because when they get rekt they will offload the blame on you. They also never sell the top even if you tell them to, and then somehow sell the literal cycle bottom. Next cycle they will to do the same thing again. “Ahh mate why didn’t I listen to you, what should I buy?” or the infamous “Is btc okay mate?” Every tiny correction. Been there done that, it’s not worth it even for a large % cut.
- Above all take profits often, as a general rule of thumb you should be scaling out 5-10% around every fib zone and 10-30% on the zones above the 64.618. Keep stops at least a few fibs below to lock in profits incase of black swan events on alts (unless your bag is a 50m or below cap) in which case you’ll probably get stop hunted. Those bags are the are yolo 100x or rekt no stop bags. if the project dies / the dev rugs just accept the loss and make sure it’s not a big % of your folio.
- Use leverage to free up $, if say you entered at $1 and price is now $1.50+ that’s safe to slide up to max leverage and remove the excess margin to use for other plays. Make sure stop is in tons of profit. The only downside to this is increasing your ADL which can cause the position to be forced closed on some exchanges.
- Reduce leverage / tighten stops as things become more and more overbought + place safety stops with reduce only on if not in hedge mode (use hedge mode if you’re not already).
- If you make life-changing money for fuck sake take some off the table homies. I went through it so you don’t have to, plz learn from my mistake.
- Finally, If Peter Schiff flips bull, market sell everything
General weekly price action of a bull run:
Monday - Often dumpy & sets the low for the week
Other Weekdays - Follows up trend from Monday low, higher low often put in
Sat & Sunday - Scam sideways into a new high before dumping back down on CME open make new Monday lows through the gap.
General money flow:
When BTC tops this will be the flow of smart money for the final rally & REAL complacency shoulder.
"
Euh?.....

I have a much easier guide. Buy BTC and hodl it. Buy the dips. That's it.

This has worked very well for me since getting in in 2017.

This is an accumulation game!

#3955 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I have a much easier guide. Buy BTC and hodl it. Buy the dips. That's it.
This has worked very well for me since getting in in 2017.
This is an accumulation game!

Certainly makes taxes easier

#3956 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Certainly makes taxes easier

I would guess I'm demolishing "most" traders as well.

#3957 2 years ago

Profit wise?
Idk about that

#3958 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Profit wise?
Idk about that

Holding beats trading more than 90% of the time. Most traders underperform the market.

#3959 2 years ago

My trading account has a noticeable better return than the btc account that hasn’t sold any.
Monitoring since beginning of 2020

#3960 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

My trading account has a noticeable better return than the btc account that hasn’t sold any.
Monitoring since beginning of 2020

That's a pretty short timeframe.

#3961 2 years ago

BTC bears are in big trouble for tomorrows close. We could see upwards of $425 million in shorts liquidated.

#3962 2 years ago

2 hours and 40 minutes until the raffle drawing. Anyone want to bet that none of us get any since we aren't crazy active on Twitter or Discord?

#3963 2 years ago

Looks like they broke Discord.

Discord (resized).JPGDiscord (resized).JPG
#3964 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

He’s probably referring to the Wyre/Simplex services that allow one to purchase and deposit up to $500 of ETH at one time. Better method is to sign up for a Coinbase Pro account and link it to your checking account. Once verified and after adding one’s MetaMask public wallet address to one’s Coinbase Pro address book, one can quickly purchase and transfer as much ETH as desired to MetaMask. Transfers can also be done from other crypto exchanges such as Coinbase, Trust Wallet, etc. I’ve been expediting this process by doing same day wire transfers from BofA to Coinbase Pro, then purchasing ETH from that account and transferring the ETH to my MetaMask wallet. Same day wire transfers are very fast vs. ACH deposits which take up to 5 business days. Hope that helps.

That's what I ended up doing, already being setup with a coinbase account. I really didn't want to throw more money into my account to go after one of these, so I really wanted my mining pool to payout to my wallet, and then transfer to metamask (not the wallet I normally use).

The good news is, I did eventually get everything sent over to metamask and ready to go. The bad news is, it was too late. And I paid all the transfer fees etc for nothing (well, other than to consolidate my ETH into my metamask wallet for some future reason, I suppose).

#3965 2 years ago

I wonder how MekaVerse got so famous? That's the key to our success; not trying to get one but doing it ourselves with our group here.

#3966 2 years ago

I do hope someone on here gets one. I wonder how many people on here went in for one. A dozen people maybe more?

#3967 2 years ago

Be interesting to watch…I wonder where price will stabilize before reveal and after reveal as well.

#3968 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

2 hours and 40 minutes until the raffle drawing. Anyone want to bet that none of us get any since we aren't crazy active on Twitter or Discord?

Since they have stoked the FOMO of this crowd into a frenzy I am inclined to believe you are all *winners* that will see higher than normal fees. Then when/if you decline to purchase they will just move on to the next set of *winners* until they find who will pay the most gas.

This is fascinating to watch play out in real-time

#3969 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Since they have stoked the FOMO of this crowd into a frenzy I am inclined to believe you are all *winners* that will see higher than normal fees. Then when/if you decline to purchase they will just move on to the next set of *winners* until they find who will pay the most gas.
This is fascinating to watch play out in real-time

That’s not how fees work.

#3970 2 years ago

Looks like they broke Discord.
[quoted image]

Winder if 250k is the max size...I've had it up and running the whole time.

#3971 2 years ago

The possible issues could be

They choose who wins
They hold back Meka’s for themselves to sell second hand
They disappear

None really makes sense though because while they get a bunch of money 1777 Eth from main sales. The 2.5 to 5% royalties on any resales forever is so huge idk why they would jeopardize that.
Exciting to see…none the less.

#3972 2 years ago

Did they just add 30+ minutes?

#3973 2 years ago

That’s a lot of final countdown

#3974 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

No, it was always supposed to be a 30 minute "event"..... I think they're stretching it out to keep gas fees from going nuts or overloading OpenSea, maybe.

#3975 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Click the blue button. I'm on the "We are launching MekaVerse NFTs and says 14/8,888 have been minted.

#3976 2 years ago

Gas is okay now

This was purpose of raffle

F8F04E7D-BBA6-4A56-9EA0-6889DDDF95AE (resized).pngF8F04E7D-BBA6-4A56-9EA0-6889DDDF95AE (resized).png
#3977 2 years ago

Anyone else really, really want to hit the refresh button?

#3978 2 years ago

Apparently already been like 12+ sales at 5-10 eth? Jesus, man. Must be awesome to get in first on these. :p

#3979 2 years ago

I'm still putting my money on no one getting one that doesn't have a huge online presence on Discord or Twitter.

#3980 2 years ago

OpenSea shows a floor of 6ETH.

#3981 2 years ago

Not looking very promising lol...

#3982 2 years ago

Story of my life.

#3983 2 years ago

Right? I'd just like to come out on the upside of something good for once......but apparently fate decided a long time ago that my life is just all shit, all the time. Oh well..

We are sorry!
You were not selected during the raffle. You can now purchase your Meka on the secondary market.

#3984 2 years ago

"We are sorry!
You were not selected during the raffle. You can now purchase your Meka on the secondary market."

#3985 2 years ago
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3986 2 years ago

Question is what the f do I do with all this ETH in my wallet now? >=\

#3987 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Question is what the f do I do with all this ETH in my wallet now? >=\

Buy a Cryptodad or a Vampire.

#3988 2 years ago

Buy a Cryptodad or a Vampire.

I'd like to not lose my money.

*Edit* Opensea is down...ha

#3989 2 years ago

Hmmm, mine is not giving me an answer...but yet, says not to refresh the page.

All it says is:

We are launching MekaVerse NFTs...
You are currently in our queue to purchase your MekaVerse NFT.

Please do not refresh this page and wait while we are selecting the winners!

But the countdown has stopped...???

#3990 2 years ago

Newbie q; since raffle is over and I didn't win anything should I remove the connection between MekaVerse and my MetaMask wallet?

#3991 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Newbie q; since raffle is over and I didn't win anything should I remove the connection between MekaVerse and my MetaMask wallet?

I'm not even frankly sure how I'd go about doing that, but I don't see any reason to leave it open if I can...

*edit* Ah, hamburger menu on the right when you're looking at your account, then Connected Sites

#3992 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Hmmm, mine is not giving me an answer...but yet, says not to refresh the page.
All it says is:
We are launching MekaVerse NFTs...
You are currently in our queue to purchase your MekaVerse NFT.
Please do not refresh this page and wait while we are selecting the winners!
But the countdown has stopped...???

Same here.. I just want closure lol

#3993 2 years ago

Nope....I'm a loser.

#3994 2 years ago

See ya'll tomorrow....it's probably best I stay off the internet right now.

#3995 2 years ago

How interesting that none of us got one, but their discord channel is filled with people pointing out that all the Twitter users with a lot of followers got one.

#3996 2 years ago

I can’t check for another hour if I got one. I can only assume I didn’t. No point in changing my day to go home early to check.

#3997 2 years ago

We both struck out as well, no raffle win. Discord users are saying they used bots and multiple wallets to win, who knows if it's true or not. Maybe next time, congrats to the Meka lotto ticket winners, lol. I'm probably going to grab another Sneaky Vamp as the floor price is very low right now. Decisions

#3998 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

I can’t check for another hour if I got one. I can only assume I didn’t. No point in changing my day to go home early to check.

If you did get one you can sell it for $18,000 right now. The floor is 5.05ETH.

#3999 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I'm probably going to grab another Sneaky Vamp as the floor price is very low right now. Decisions

Are you buying that SVS mint pass tomorrow for 0.1ETH?

#4000 2 years ago

Are you buying that mint pass tomorrow for 0.1ETH?

Yes, before capital gains taxes. Which mint pass, do tell? Too busy working today to screw around too much with this stuff

There are 8,244 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/80?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.