(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,172 posts
  • 229 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240301-124124 (resized).png
20240229_085145 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240229_093420_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7633 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240219_112230_X (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 164.
#3851 2 years ago

Love the crypto space because there’s so many ways to generate income.

#3852 2 years ago

Gave myself a nice little (and stupid) scare this weekend. Out camping and bored on my phone I decide to check and see what my new Solana was doing. Open up the Coinbase app and the total doesn't look right. Then I see they are only showing my staked ETH and nothing else......where the hell is my Sol? I look for my confirmation of trade email...can't find it...now I'm starting to sweat a little; did I actually make the purchase? If not, where the hell are the funds I transferred? Go to my bank, yep I definitely transferred the funds. What the hell? Then it hit me, I totally forgot that "Coinebase" and "Coinbase Pro" are two completely separate apps!

#3853 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

.2 ETH each, max of two per wallet. That is, if you’re lucky enough to be selected in the raffle. I plan to buy one or two right after sellout if I strike out on the mint. The MekaVerse NFTs are guaranteed to fly. Hope you’re able to get one

Did they say how the raffle works?

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Did they say how the raffle works?

Only that they're trying to prevent bots from entering as much as possible. There's supposed to be some kind of explainer video, but nothing so far.

#3855 2 years ago

After reading through everyone's NFT posts on here, I decided to give it a shot this week and bought some CryptoHoots Steampunk Parliament. If I sold them right now it would pay for my Godzilla LE. Crazy...

#3856 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Gave myself a nice little (and stupid) scare this weekend. Out camping and bored on my phone I decide to check and see what my new Solana was doing. Open up the Coinbase app and the total doesn't look right. Then I see they are only showing my staked ETH and nothing else......where the hell is my Sol? I look for my confirmation of trade email...can't find it...now I'm starting to sweat a little; did I actually make the purchase? If not, where the hell are the funds I transferred? Go to my bank, yep I definitely transferred the funds. What the hell? Then it hit me, I totally forgot that "Coinebase" and "Coinbase Pro" are two completely separate apps!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"eb6b5ae7b063950d29dc6579a2696db29efc0f91-1633307283-1800"};
//]]>

Have you looked into staking projects with Sol?
I did some liquidity pools with Raydium. Pretty happy so far.

#3857 2 years ago

There's nothing on this planet that cannot be completely ruined by my mere participation, so I'm going to hold off on this NFT stuff for the sake of everyone else here.

#3858 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I feel like with the attention span of the majority of people involved in NFT's such as these, your window of opportunity is fleeting. Meaning, the longer they've been around, the majority have moved on to the next big thing, that basically these are all hype based - read: social media, rather than any actual popularity/desire, and that after a few months they won't be worth much of anything.

Similar to MEME stocks and coins, gotta ride the hype and try to time the peak. I feel like Spyderturbo007 needs to embrace selling at a profit instead of HODL until it's a loss. I understand hoping something is going to moon you into being a millionaire, but that ain't how most millionaires make their bank. It takes a lot of work and moves and time. Gambling usually leads to losses. There is no way I'd HODL these NTFs more than a few weeks.

#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

After reading through everyone's NFT posts on here, I decided to give it a shot this week and bought some CryptoHoots Steampunk Parliament. If I sold them right now it would pay for my Godzilla LE. Crazy...

Sell them, don't wait for the price to bottom out. Take your profit where you can.

#3860 2 years ago

I disagree with sell them all…when Doge broke out past a penny everyone on Pinside screamed sell…

I had $700 that turned to $8000 and I sold all around 0.06 because everyone (not just here) said sale sale sale. At the highest that 6k would have been about 70k, today that same 8k would be worth about 20k.

If I could have gone back I would have sold some but kept some too. That is how I’m playing NFTs and now I have some NFTs and also a paid for Godzilla LE.

Edit : it is a risky market but with the high risk there can be high rewards. As long as you can stomach the risk.

#3861 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I disagree with sell them all…when Doge broke out past a penny everyone on Pinside screamed sell…
I had $700 that turned to $8000 and I sold all around 0.06 for Doge because everyone (not just here) said sale sale sale. At the highest that 6k would have been about 70k today that same 8k would be worth about 20k.
If I could have gone back I would have sold some but kept some too. That is how I’m playing NFTs and now I have some NFTs and also a paid for Godzilla LE.

Sure, we all have these stories with investing. I mean, geeze, I sold a bunch of the Amazon shares I bought at $17 originally and had split a few times for $450 because I was sure it wouldn't get any higher. But long term, with MEME and hype stocks, coins and investments, if you are playing that game, there is a window of opportunity that closes pretty quick. I sold my Gamestop I bought for $15-$45 a share for $350 and I was super happy with timing it right, I ain't gonna HODL anything for long that's a hyperider.

#3862 2 years ago

You do you, but sell all of cryptohoots now I think is a mistake.

Edit sure sell some to recoup costs in and risk but moving all out could be a mistake.
It has gone up 20% since the last post he made, floor anyway.

#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Have you looked into staking projects with Sol?
I did some liquidity pools with Raydium. Pretty happy so far.

Yep...have it staked. I figured I'm going to be sitting on it for a while, might as well earn some interest.

#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I feel like Spyderturbo007 needs to embrace selling at a profit instead of HODL until it's a loss. I understand hoping something is going to moon you into being a millionaire, but that ain't how most millionaires make their bank.

Not sure why I got singled out on this one? You've taken shots at me before in this thread and I've let it go. You have no clue what I'm doing with my investments or what transactions I'm making.

#3865 2 years ago

I have no NFT’s. I do enjoy reading about all of it here.
Curiously, has anyone created their own? I’ve thought about taking some of my artwork and turning them into nfts on the ada blockchain or opensea.

#3866 2 years ago

Good thing if he didn’t sell those cryptohoots.

While I slept the floor went from 1.09E to 1.94 Eth

#3867 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Good thing if he didn’t sell those cryptohoots.
While I slept the floor went from 1.09E to 1.94 Eth

I didn't.

#3868 2 years ago

Axs is on fire

#3869 2 years ago

shiba inu to the moon!!! bought 1k. 38% gains in less than a week.

correction . 100% gains in less than a week. Crazy

#3870 2 years ago

Not sure why I got singled out on this one? You've taken shots at me before in this thread and I've let it go. You have no clue what I'm doing with my investments or what transactions I'm making.

I'm sorry, you're right, I think I let all the NFT talk get me annoyed. I apologize. I see NFTs as incredibly risky and I just want everyone to make money.

#3871 2 years ago

Hmmm...Mekas supposed to be raffling tomorrow and still no guide or video explaining how that's going to work..... ¬_¬

#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

shiba inu to the moon!!! bought 1k. 38% gains in less than a week.
correction . 100% gains in less than a week. Crazy

Cool to hear!

I'm still 75% down from my shiba inu purchase. Going to dump it immediately if it ever breaks even. Never again

#3873 2 years ago

The dicotomy between this thread and the stock market traders thread is hilarious to me.

To them, we are all nuts playing in a massive Ponzi scheme.

Here...buying Bitcoin makes me feel like a "boomer" who's playing it too safe!

#3874 2 years ago

I’m still buying BTC…my biggest holding by far.

#3875 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’m still buying BTC…my biggest holding by far.

I don't have any more money to buy. Blew it all on previous dips and NFTs.

#3876 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The dicotomy between this thread and the stock market traders thread is hilarious to me. To them, we are all nuts playing in a massive Ponzi scheme. Here...buying Bitcoin makes me feel like a "boomer" who's playing it too safe!

Another great thing about life - you can always find at least one guy to make you look conservative, and another guy to make you look reckless!

#3877 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Another great thing about life - you can always find at least one guy to make you look conservative, and another guy to make you look reckless!

I like being the "reckless" guy who hangs out with people that make me feel conservative

#3878 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I like being the "reckless" guy who hangs out with people that make me feel conservative

I'm that guy too. My buddies are strictly high dividend yield stock guys. So buying a NFT for 2.33ETH gave them a heart attack.

#3879 2 years ago

I don't have any more money to buy. Blew it all on previous dips and NFTs.

And the Jaguar, don't forget that
Congrats beautiful

#3880 2 years ago

Dang CryptoHoots at 2.4eth floor.
How did you find such a gem?
Low mint quantity
Club membership
Already active liquidity pool
I’m not in this one but it’s been doing really well.

#3881 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Dang CryptoHoots at 2.4eth floor.
How did you find such a gem?
Low mint quantity
Club membership
Already active liquidity pool
I’m not in this one but it’s been doing really well.

I went on rarity tools and looked at upcoming releases, per your suggestion. I liked the look of them and also liked that there was only 2.5K supply. Other than that, it was just dumb luck.

#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

.2 ETH each, max of two per wallet. That is, if you’re lucky enough to be selected in the raffle. I plan to buy one or two right after sellout if I strike out on the mint. The MekaVerse NFTs are guaranteed to fly. Hope you’re able to get one

Apparently, it seems you have to have at least .2 ETH in your wallet to even participate in the raffle. They weren't real damn clear on that......so take this as you will. I'm going to load up like .23 ETH to cover gas for minting one if I get it..Here's what they provided:

-------

We're only one day away from the release date, and we are so excited to share these moments with you! It's been an incredible journey towards the release date.

Let's dive into the details:

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
How many Meka can I mint in total?
Up to 2

Which wallet do I need to mint a Meka?
We only support MetaMask

Do I need to have ETH in my wallet to register?
Yes, you will need atleast 0.2 for one and 0.4 for two Meka

Is there going to be a reveal date?
Yes, on October 10th you will find out which Meka you minted

Can I participate + mint from mobile?
Yes, but it's recommened to participate + mint on PC

Do I have to pay a Gas Fee to register for a ticket?
No, tickets are free

RAFFLE EXPLANATION
When will you announce the Raffle process?
October 6, 2021 10:00 AMin 11 hours

WHAT TO EXPECT?

1. You'll have 6 hours to sign up for the Raffle.

️ When will the Raffle start? ️
October 6th at 11 PM CET (October 6, 2021 4:00 PMin 17 hours)

Keep in mind that you will need ETH in your wallet. Tickets and registration are free, and no gas fee is required.

2. After Raffle registration, a waiting period of 24-hours will begin.

We will be reviewing everyone's entries and selecting the Raffle winners.

3. A 30-minute event will begin on our website, and you will be able to check if your Ticket was selected.

️ When will the 30 minute event start? ️
October 7th at 11 PM CET October 7, 2021 4:00 PMin 2 days

If you won a Meka, you will have 6 hours to mint it. Do not worry if you miss this event. You can always go back to the website after the event.

We will share an animated explainer video that will teach you exactly what you need to do to successfully register and mint a Meka.

We encourage everyone to participate in our Discord community, stay active and follow our official Twitter account at ┃official-info

WEBSITE CONCERNS
We are prepared for the volume of traffic that our website will receive when the Raffle goes live. We are prepared with numerous servers and backups to keep the website up and running. Keep in mind that stability issues such as a slow website may occur but we will work on this together! #MEKAGANG

#3883 2 years ago

Get ready for MekaVerse mint raffle tomorrow! Good luck all, you’ll need it. The floor price on these will be stupid after sellout. Hope at least one of us snags one of these beauties. May the NFT gods shine down on you

#3884 2 years ago

Just loaded up my wallet. ¬_¬

#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

We will be reviewing everyone's entries and selecting the Raffle winners.

Interesting. Doesn't sound too much like a raffle if they are "selecting the raffle winners".

#3886 2 years ago

Interesting. Doesn't sound too much like a raffle if they are "selecting the raffle winners".

Yeah....there's a lot of FUD going on since they made that update. People asking that anyone with a wallet <6 months old be disqualified from the raffle, asking that anyone without already owning a NFT be disqualified, people saying they're going to spend 3-7 ETH just on *gas* (?!?!?!?!), lots of stupid shit that's already been answered a million times in the FAQs and Updates on the Discord. Their lack of transparency about how they're going to screen bots is......not particularly good IMO. I'm still going to try because this feels like a money printer to me with 180k fools trying to be in on this, and I do genuinely like mecha stuff. If they managed to get the physical 3d prints of the NFTs out, that would be really cool. My enthusiasm is somewhat tamped down overall, because honestly I don't expect to get a raffle slot at any rate, but hey.....if this can help pay for Ultraman or my HVAC, that would be really really nice.

Quite frankly shocked my wife went so easily along with it, to the point of telling me 1400 was fine and "It's just money"...like......I waited to late to even get .4 eth in my wallet, so I'm only going for one, but I was definitely surprised that she would've been cool with me potentially blowing up that much money...

Also, pretty sure these guys are not American, so "selecting the raffle winners" could simply be them saying they're going to run their algorithm to eliminate the bots as best they can, and then randomly assign winners. Either way......we have zero control over this. It's not particularly worth worrying about IMO.

#3887 2 years ago

I doubt I'll get a ticket either, but I bought 0.23ETH too and will give it a shot. I might bow out after this NFT. I'm just not picking the right ones it appears. My Vampire is worth about 1ETH less than I paid, so that really sucks.

#3888 2 years ago

Quick question about intrepreting a transaction on Etherscan. Does the Value include the Transaction Fee or is that separate?

For example, was the total transaction 0.20857542 Ether or was it the Value + Transaction Fee which would be 0.21075529 ETH for this transaction?

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x5dde1893e432f2c66d7e83347b320c853f17b39b0007288ef84bfb2838d159f8

ETH Transaction (resized).JPGETH Transaction (resized).JPG
#3889 2 years ago

Btc back over a trillion!

#3890 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Btc back over a trillion!

If the S2F model keeps holding we will be at 63k+ by the end of the month.

#3891 2 years ago

Well got my first scam with NFT this morning (MekaVerse).

Got in discord message with exact same layout, logo, everything and of course didn't pay attention as I was in a rush to leave so it looks like I sent 0.23 ETH to some scammer.

Lesson learned the hard way; always take your time.

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Got in discord message with exact same layout, logo, everything and of course didn't pay attention as I was in a rush to leave so it looks like I sent 0.23 ETH to some scammer.

Oof.

I'm not kidding when I say that before I disabled my PMs, I was getting 6-10 scam attempts a day. Scammers have definitely made bank on this whole thing, which sucks.

#3893 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

That sucks, sorry that happened to you.

#3894 2 years ago

Another scam to be careful of is a copycat on The marketplace. It’ll look the same but the contract addresses are different. The best way to avoid it is to only enter marketplace (opensea, cnft, etc) by links from the official websites

#3895 2 years ago

Will be going for a raffle spot for Meka. I've been following the Discord for a few weeks now and while it's absolutely garbage and seems to be full of 12 year old, it does look to be the closest thing to printing money for a quick flip that's out there.

Two low-key projects I've been following that I recommend checking out for a longer-term play:

1.) Dojicrew.com - art by AME72 AKA 'the Lego guy'. I'm sure you've seen his art at some point. He partnered with RUG and it has some pretty wild new tech with it too. It's been minting the last few days (.044 eth), but the art reveal was today so I'm thinking it will blow up soon.

2.) For the degenerative gamblers, nftredzone.io - it's a collaboration between a few of the more well know NFT communities centered around a Fantasy football league. 97% of mint goes back as prizes to the various card holders based off weekly high score, prop bets, and spotlight matches. The discord sets up a ton of free to enter weekly 'pick ems' and draft King lobbys for free cards. About 60% minted (.07 eth) with the grand prize being a Bored Ape.

As always, read the white papers and judge for yourselves. Appreciate the insights this group has dropped over the last months while I've been lurking.

#3896 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out the raffle process for Mekaverse yet?

#3897 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out the raffle process for Mekaverse yet?

Hello @everyone

We're only 6 hours away from launching MekaVerse and the Raffle. Let me explain to you how it will work.

calendar_spiral When will the Raffle start? calendar_spiral

October 6th at 11 PM CET October 6, 2021 4:00 PM In 2 hours

1. You will arrive on our website: https://themekaverse.com where you will be asked to select the amount of Meka you would like to mint. You will then be asked to register and authenticate using Discord or Twitter. Keep in mind that you will need atleast 0.2 ETH in your wallet for one Meka and 0.4 ETH for two before you register for the Raffle. Tickets and registration are free, and no gas fee is required. You will have 3 hours to register.

2. You will have to wait 24 hours after successfully registering for our next event which is the 30-minute event mentioned in our latest announcement. Our system will choose the winners throughout this 30-minute event on a secured server.

calendar_spiral When will the 30 minute event start? calendar_spiral

October 7th at 11 PM CET October 7, 2021 4:00 PM Tomorrow

3. You will be able to mint a MekaVerse NFT if you won the Raffle. Do not be concerned if Gas Fee prices are high at the time of minting and do not worry if you miss this event. You can always go back to the website after the event. You will have a total of 6 hours to mint your NFT.

4. You will be able to view your NFT on OpenSea after it has been minted, but the complete reveal of the MekaVerse NFT will take place on October 10th.

Here's our animated explanation video that will walk you through the steps you'll need to take on our website.

Good luck! And love from the MekaVerse Team! white_heart

#3898 2 years ago

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/881613040892653568/895331372464504853/Raffle_Explainer_Video.mp4

Dunno if this link will work for general use. It's on their Discord server in the Announcements section if not.

#3899 2 years ago

Kick ass. Thanks Frax. That's what I saw but keeping up with all this discord crap is a job in itself. I don't think I want to buy anymore NFTs. It's too much damn work.

#3900 2 years ago

That's what I saw but keeping up with all this discord crap is a job in itself. I don't think I want to buy anymore NFTs. It's too much damn work.

So true, I am unable to keep up with most of what you all are talking about

Good thing is some of you seem to be making money

There are 8,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/78?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.