(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,642 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210914-215951_MetaMask (resized).jpg
F04F73A5-3BC1-4817-9E28-E828DDB81479 (resized).jpeg
NFT Sale (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210912-224835_Twitter (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
0EF5CAE6-1BE6-473D-9835-D1C736896657 (resized).png
65D8E3FB-FC4A-4489-8ACF-FFC72A09202D (resized).png
i-like-you-youre-crazy.gif
62A06528-ADCB-4964-A452-A4209A5415FC (resized).png
CCE147FB-F5B1-4B64-8FDE-74339AAF5B79 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).png
A4D3759C-122A-4BFE-A78A-FF2AB99661F3 (resized).jpeg
CB09AB61-1B30-4F33-AB05-71F89B60CCD2 (resized).jpeg
Cryptodad (resized).PNG
Eth (resized).PNG

There are 3642 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 73.
#3601 1 day ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0296557/
It's not a complete list, but it'll do. I don't think I've updated the games I work on now. Thanks. Helped win the Academy Award for Life of Pi.

Holy F.... !!
That is quite a list there, impressive CV

#3602 1 day ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0296557/
It's not a complete list, but it'll do. I don't think I've updated the games I work on now. Thanks. Helped win the Academy Award for Life of Pi.

Wow, so cool!

What games did you work on? I'm a gamedev myself

#3603 1 day ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Wow, so cool!
What games did you work on? I'm a gamedev myself

Life is Strange: Before the Storm, and Last of Us Part 2

#3604 1 day ago

Whoa. A floor of 1.6ETH for my CryptoDad. Hummmmm……

#3605 1 day ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I'm a gamedev myself

Can I ask what you have been working on?

#3606 1 day ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Whoa. A floor of 1.6ETH for my CryptoDad. Hummmmm……

Does “floor” refer to lowest current asking price for An NFT in the series? Or most recent sale price of most common/basic NFT in the series? Or something else?

#3607 1 day ago

Peaceful Groupies are popping off on OpenSea right now. Hottest NFT project over the last 24 hours. Just passing the info, do your research before investing.

https://opensea.io/collection/peaceful-groupies

#3608 1 day ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Does “floor” refer to lowest current asking price for An NFT in the series? Or most recent sale price of most common/basic NFT in the series? Or something else?

Here is how I understand it. NFTs can either be listed for a "Buy Now" price, or not listed for sale at all. Even if your NFT isn't for sale, people can put an offer in on your NFT that expires in X hours. You can choose to accept it or counter the offer.

The floor price comes from the ones that have a "Buy Now" price. So you're correct, it's the lowest current asking price.

#3609 1 day ago

Correct, floor is the cheapest you can buy it now for price. The activity is pretty busy.

You can always make offers but you have to use WETH not ETH. And the gas fee switches from buyer to seller on offers. So be careful there. I’m sure your getting offers by bots.

Crypto Dads broke through the 2 eth line. Wow they’re really trending.

#3610 1 day ago

So I (yes me) actually tried to buy an NFT. But I can't get my offer to go through? I have both ETH and WETH in my MetaMask wallet. I have that wallet connected to my opensea account. But when I actually make an offer using my WETH I just get a spinning icon that says "waiting for blockchain confirmation" and it never confirms?

#3611 1 day ago

From the outside looking in, it sure seems like this stuff is made entirely too complicated and convoluted.

#3612 1 day ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So I (yes me) actually tried to buy an NFT. But I can't get my offer to go through? I have both ETH and WETH in my MetaMask wallet. I have that wallet connected to my opensea account. But when I actually make an offer using my WETH I just get a spinning icon that says "waiting for blockchain confirmation" and it never confirms?

You have to confirm in MetaMask. Do you have a pop up blocker installed?

Edit: opensea is cool but the real money is in minting. Well minting the right project anyway.

#3613 1 day ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You can always make offers but you have to use WETH not ETH. And the gas fee switches from buyer to seller on offers. So be careful there. I’m sure your getting offers by bots.

Yea but bidding involves fees as well. The buyer pays gas fees to initiate the WETH bid contract, and the seller also pays a fee when they receive the WETH from a sale.

#3614 1 day ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Sure, so initially I did some thunderstorms, 2D, but now I'm creating an ongoing series of Steampunk ghosts, under Eleanor's Spiritualist Society. The ghosts are on Opensea, their accessories are on HEN, two different price points for different markets. The thunderstorms are also on HEN - the first one sold out in under 2 hours, crazy. Just started the new ghost series, but I have designs to do quite a few - it involves the entire 3D pipeline, so it's a bit of work for me, but I don't believe in creating anything less then beautiful. Maybe I should do some pinball related themes at some point....
https://www.hicetnunc.xyz/QFrost/creations
https://opensea.io/QFrost9

So...

3500 for an animated GIF, then? Does kind of remind me of Haunted Mansion a bit. Guess Disney rubbed off on ya.

*Edit* sorry if that sounded assholey or whatever... legitimately asking if there's more to it or just the pic...

#3615 1 day ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So I (yes me) actually tried to buy an NFT. But I can't get my offer to go through?

You should buy Spyder’s - keep it in the family.

#3616 1 day ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yea but bidding involves fees as well. The buyer pays gas fees to initiate the WETH bid contract, and the seller also pays a fee when they receive the WETH from a sale.

Offer and bidding is alittle different. Offer there isn’t a fee unless the offerer hasn’t bought from that collection.

#3617 1 day ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You should buy Spyder’s - keep it in the family.

It made it up to 2.2ETH earlier this morning. I was thinking of dumping, but decided I'm going to hold on for now and see where this ride goes.

#3618 1 day ago
Quoted from Frax:

So...
3500 for an animated GIF, then? Does kind of remind me of Haunted Mansion a bit. Guess Disney rubbed off on ya.
*Edit* sorry if that sounded assholey or whatever... legitimately asking if there's more to it or just the pic...

No, I understand your question. I don't have a suitable answer for you, since the entire NFT marketplace is the same concept. Yes, that's what it is. And there's only one of each produced, there will never be another. I suppose I could tell you the amount of work that goes into these is far greater than any 2D item, but really, it doesn't sound like your kind of market. And there's nothing wrong with that, either.

#3619 1 day ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

No, I understand your question. I don't have a suitable answer for you, since the entire NFT marketplace is the same concept. Yes, that's what it is. And there's only one of each produced, there will never be another. I suppose I could tell you the amount of work that goes into these is far greater than any 2D item, but really, it doesn't sound like your kind of market. And there's nothing wrong with that, either.

In other words, don't hate the player, hate the game

#3620 1 day ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Can I ask what you have been working on?

We are a small game development studio: www.neopica.com

#3621 1 day ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Offer and bidding is alittle different. Offer there isn’t a fee unless the offerer hasn’t bought from that collection.

ok...When I put in an offer on OS it reflected a $15 fee... as far as I can tell you are charged a fee the first time you use a currency for the first time (WETH in this case).

#3622 22 hours ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

it doesn't sound like your kind of market.

I would say there's a certain value in trying to understand things, even if it's not specifically "for me".....but sure, please continue with your elitist snooty diatribe. I've mentioned multiple times on this thread that I might be interested in putting up some stuff as NFTs. I don't have to be interested in buying them myself, as I have no intention to waste money on false rarity easily replicated digital items.

And I just learned something new: Someone is actually making frames to display NFTs on the wall! To me, this adds a measurable amount of legitimacy for the ones that exist "just for art's sake". If I can buy a frame that connects to my wallet, and display them, they become more than just some useless digital chaff in a wallet somewhere, they add to my environment in the physical world as well. Pretty cool. Still doesn't address the replication (or resale as Xnd/Xrd editions) issue, but it does provide a convenient way to share them with the world after you purchase them without sharing the actual file.

https://tokenframe.com/

#3623 22 hours ago
Quoted from Frax:

I would say there's a certain value in trying to understand things, even if it's not specifically "for me".....but sure, please continue with your elitist snooty diatribe.

Woah. There's no snooty elitist diatribe in my comment. I was trying to be polite. If you look at the NFT market and say, I'm just buying a digital picture, that's it? Then it's not your market. I even tried to tell you that's okay, too. The value of the NFT is also in it's resale value. Sorry if you took that the wrong way, it wasn't my intention.

#3624 21 hours ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

From the outside looking in, it sure seems like this stuff is made entirely too complicated and convoluted.

Agree. I feel that way about investing in general, it's complicated enough that most people don't want to spend the time to learn and understand it. So rich people hire people to do that part for them and tend to make the most money. And your average Jane maybe invests in some index funds.

#3625 21 hours ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Woah. There's no snooty elitist diatribe in my comment. I was trying to be polite. If you look at the NFT market and say, I'm just buying a digital picture, that's it? Then it's not your market. I even tried to tell you that's okay, too. Sorry if you took that the wrong way, it wasn't my intention.

Okay. Perhaps I'm being too defensive or misunderstood your tone, then. I f'ing hate text...been waiting 20 years for video messageboards so that I can hear tone and read body language. Sigh.

I'm not going to pretend I have the first clue what goes into producing 3d animation. I know it's far beyond my skill base at this point, and clearly your name and work history potentially carries weight with it that would justify prices. Let me see if I can put this in my frame of reference, as it's not necessarily about what you're doing, but more of a general question that I'm interested in a seller's perspective:

I believe that most of us will agree that the "artistic quality", at least of most of the 'generated from parts' NFTs is....pretty bad, to put it lightly. Some of them are tied to other things like profit-sharing or whatnot. Throw all that out the window. I'm talking about *purely* art. No other stuff attached to it. Given the dubious quality of a lot of the non-animated, 2d stuff I've seen offered as NFTs, would you personally ever spend 3k+ on something like a Crypto Dad, assuming it was a one-off piece, not part of a randomized collection of multiple thousands of similar pieces...just to have it for aesthetic reasons? I have to believe the answer is no. Sure...art is highly subjective and personal taste always applies, but... man a lot of this stuff is just laughably low effort and downright ugly.

Even the stuff that's not goober trash, like Ryan Bliss' art, is available at very high desktop resolutions very cheap. Is a 5000x5000 resolution "original" with no licensing or copyrights really anything more than an art print... and if so... why in god's name are people spending this kind of money on it? Sure, I can just throw shit at a wall and see what sticks, but if I seriously wanted to dedicate any real time to learning the process of creating art NFTs, I'd sure like to understand more about why people are buying them...especially when so many of them are so ugly. Is it just speculation run wild, or do people really see this as the future.... infinitely reproducible, but the "Certificate of Authenticity" vis a vis NFTs, is what's actually worth money?

#3626 21 hours ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay. Perhaps I'm being too defensive or misunderstood your tone, then. I f'ing hate text...been waiting 20 years for video messageboards so that I can hear tone and read body language. Sigh.
I'm not going to pretend I have the first clue what goes into producing 3d animation. I know it's far beyond my skill base at this point, and clearly your name and work history potentially carries weight with it that would justify prices. Let me see if I can put this in my frame of reference, as it's not necessarily about what you're doing, but more of a general question that I'm interested in a seller's perspective:
I believe that most of us will agree that the "artistic quality", at least of most of the 'generated from parts' NFTs is....pretty bad, to put it lightly. Some of them are tied to other things like profit-sharing or whatnot. Throw all that out the window. I'm talking about *purely* art. No other stuff attached to it. Given the dubious quality of a lot of the non-animated, 2d stuff I've seen offered as NFTs, would you personally ever spend 3k+ on something like a Crypto Dad, assuming it was a one-off piece, not part of a randomized collection of multiple thousands of similar pieces...just to have it for aesthetic reasons? I have to believe the answer is no. Sure...art is highly subjective and personal taste always applies, but... man a lot of this stuff is just laughably low effort and downright ugly.
Even the stuff that's not goober trash, like Ryan Bliss' art, is available at very high desktop resolutions very cheap. Is a 5000x5000 resolution "original" with no licensing or copyrights really anything more than an art print... and if so... why in god's name are people spending this kind of money on it? Sure, I can just throw shit at a wall and see what sticks, but if I seriously wanted to dedicate any real time to learning the process of creating art NFTs, I'd sure like to understand more about why people are buying them...especially when so many of them are so ugly. Is it just speculation run wild, or do people really see this as the future.... infinitely reproducible, but the "Certificate of Authenticity" vis a vis NFTs, is what's actually worth money?

Clubhouse is all audio. Not recorded just live time. That’s been a great resource for me.

#3627 21 hours ago

While you guys are busy becoming internet art millionaires I managed to sop up another sweet sweet $3 from Coinbase in the form of something called a Chiliz.

If anybody is curious $2.92 Chiliz = .00006177 BTC

#3628 21 hours ago
Quoted from Frax:

I miss that too. I agree with everything you said. But people have decided that these NFTs have value, and that's why they have value. I can't explain it, went through the whole thought process you have posted. Shrug.

#3629 21 hours ago
Quoted from Frax:

Agree with everything you're saying here.

So, real question. For those of you buying NFTs, what are you looking for? I know this is what has/is being discussed here, but can you all quantify it a little more? Are you buying NFTs that you believe will be worth more in the future, because of FOMO, or are you looking for other qualities - whimsical, themes, artistic merit? Do these things make you happy to look at? Are you looking at them after you buy them? Would you put them in digital frames and admire them on your walls? Not busting balls, just trying to figure it out.

I can appreciate NFTs as an extension of a modern art movement, but still having a hard time seeing any merit in most of these and that's from someone who has collected art and made a living doing it for the last 25 years. I've bought expensive paintings that I want on my walls. I want to admire them and enjoy them. Don't care at all if they appreciate - the first rule of art for me has always been if you don't like looking at it, don't buy it, whether it's $50 or $50,000. But that doesn't seem to be the case at all with NFTs for most buyers. Correct me if I'm wrong...

#3630 20 hours ago
Quoted from canea:

Agree with everything you're saying here.
So, real question. For those of you buying NFTs, what are you looking for? I know this is what has/is being discussed here, but can you all quantify it a little more? Are you buying NFTs that you believe will be worth more in the future, because of FOMO, or are you looking for other qualities - whimsical, themes, artistic merit? Do these things make you happy to look at? Are you looking at them after you buy them? Would you put them in digital frames and admire them on your walls? Not busting balls, just trying to figure it out.
I can appreciate NFTs as an extension of a modern art movement, but still having a hard time seeing any merit in most of these and that's from someone who has collected art and made a living doing it for the last 25 years. I've bought expensive paintings that I want on my walls. I want to admire them and enjoy them. Don't care at all if they appreciate - the first rule of art for me has always been if you don't like looking at it, don't buy it, whether it's $50 or $50,000. But that doesn't seem to be the case at all with NFTs for most buyers. Correct me if I'm wrong...

You’re missing all the utility NFTs

#3631 19 hours ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You have to confirm in MetaMask. Do you have a pop up blocker installed?
Edit: opensea is cool but the real money is in minting. Well minting the right project anyway.

Hmm...it does bring up the confirmation request in a MetaMask popup. I confirm and then it goes into the never ending "waiting for blockchain confirmation". And if I click on "view transaction" I get "Sorry, We are unable to locate this TxnHash"....this happens every single time.

#3632 5 hours ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Clubhouse is all audio. Not recorded just live time. That’s been a great resource for me.

That's interesting, I'll check that out. Thanks.

#3633 5 hours ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

people have decided that these NFTs have value, and that's why they have value. I can't explain it, went through the whole thought process you have posted.

Fair enough. So basically, just get out there and try to sell shit and if it sells, great, and if not, don't put any further effort into it.

#3634 4 hours ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Hmm...it does bring up the confirmation request in a MetaMask popup. I confirm and then it goes into the never ending "waiting for blockchain confirmation". And if I click on "view transaction" I get "Sorry, We are unable to locate this TxnHash"....this happens every single time.

Have you checked your ETH address in Etherscan or some other block explorer? That should tell you if the transaction was even posted to the blockchain. If it isn't there, I'd suspect that Open Sea didn't even process the transaction. I know some people were bitching yesterday that OS was running really slow.

#3635 4 hours ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Check to see if you have any pending transactions under the activity tab. If you have a bunch open new ones won’t go through. Since canceling has a fee there is a way to clear them all without a fee. It’s alittle tricky but doable

#3636 4 hours ago
Quoted from Frax:

Fair enough. So basically, just get out there and try to sell shit and if it sells, great, and if not, don't put any further effort into it.

Like any business, it's all about marketing, but even that may not be enough. You an make the most fantastic set of NFTs the world has ever seen, but if you can't get them in front of the right person, they won't sell. Listing on OpenSea is all fine and dandy, but how is anyone going to find your stuff amongst millions of others?

The best selling and most valuable projects leverage viral marketing, SEO, get articles written, entice people to buy with future freebies to owners, by creating a community, an exclusive game, profit sharing, etc. It's getting very creative, and competitive, but even with all that if the team behind the project is unknown, or has no history of delivery, the project can be sus. It's quite literally the wild west and reputation is king.

#3637 3 hours ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Check to see if you have any pending transactions under the activity tab. If you have a bunch open new ones won’t go through. Since canceling has a fee there is a way to clear them all without a fee. It’s alittle tricky but doable

Zero activity. Zero transactions.

#3638 2 hours ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Zero activity. Zero transactions.

That's weird. When I was trying to buy my transactions would actually fail and I'd lose the gas. I read other people were having similar issues and had to switch browsers.

#3639 2 hours ago

That's weird. When I was trying to buy my transactions would actually fail and I'd lose the gas. I read other people were having similar issues and had to switch browsers.

Same here; transaction fail = GAS lost.

#3640 1 hour ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Like any business, it's all about marketing....and reputation is king.

Just to emphasize those two points over everything else.

#3641 41 minutes ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Like any business, it's all about marketing, but even that may not be enough. You an make the most fantastic set of NFTs the world has ever seen, but if you can't get them in front of the right person, they won't sell. Listing on OpenSea is all fine and dandy, but how is anyone going to find your stuff amongst millions of others?
The best selling and most valuable projects leverage viral marketing, SEO, get articles written, entice people to buy with future freebies to owners, by creating a community, an exclusive game, profit sharing, etc. It's getting very creative, and competitive, but even with all that if the team behind the project is unknown, or has no history of delivery, the project can be sus. It's quite literally the wild west and reputation is king.

Hard to do marketing when the motivation of the buyer is not known. It's pretty clear with "rarity lotteries" and game/functional related NFTs what the draw is.

Maybe some goofball will think my painting of a fat moogle with a beard and some tulips is worth 3k. Who knows, right?

#3642 28 minutes ago

Quoted from MtnFrost:

Just to emphasize those two points over everything else.

I don't think my transactions are failing. I think they are never even getting started. I have two customer service emails to opensea...but of course have not had any response (4 days now on the first one).

There are 3642 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 73.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside