(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,273 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 166.
#3151 2 years ago

I had to buy USDT from Coinbase directly as opposed to going through Pro. It wouldn’t let me make a market order saying it was limit only. Then I got the post only error when trying to make a limit order.

Anyway, I just set up my whitelisting addresses in Celsius and I think I’m going to transfer out some of what I’m staking there and move it to the pool.

Im a little scared of this entire thing because it’s honestly too good to be true. No way you can make 94%. There is something I’m missing.

#3152 2 years ago

Damn Coinbase is brutal

Here’s Kraken’s fee to buy 50 usdt

AF92A912-5C55-4EFB-83F7-03CEB76A95DB (resized).pngAF92A912-5C55-4EFB-83F7-03CEB76A95DB (resized).png
#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

There is something I’m missing.

Primary risks as far as I know are:

1. CAKE tokens drop in value substantially, removing much value of what you've accumulated, and potentially annihilating your original investment with it.
2. Pool gets hacked and drained, and the currency doesn't get returned.

There's a lot of other weird stuff with liquidity pools where you're putting in 2 types of currency to provide liquidity (look up "impermanent loss"), but that's my big two fears right now, at least. CAKE in January was 60 cents... it's now 20 dollars. The daily volume in January was 4-6 million....and now it's like 450 million. If interest drops off or there is something like the POLY hack that makes people less interested in it...it could drop quite a damn lot.

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Damn Coinbase is brutal
Here’s Kraken’s fee to buy 50 usdt
[quoted image]

My issue is that my bank account is only linked to Coinbase. I think that’s going to have to change.

#3155 2 years ago

Didn’t see the infrastructure bill went through…
Doesn’t it have to go back to house and back to senate, then to president?

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Didn’t see the infrastructure bill went through…
Doesn’t it have to go back to house and back to senate, then to president?

You’re right. I read it wrong. It was a “weekly recap” article and I just saw the part that said “Infrastructure Bill Passes”.

I removed the incorrect information in my post. Sorry!

#3157 2 years ago

Wow, buying USDT is a pain in the ass. You can't put in a Market order, so I had to put one in at $1.0007 when the price was $1.0008. Trying to enter a buy price of $1.0008 would get it kicked out.

Anyway, the price has been stuck at $1.0008 for about an hour now so no luck getting the trade to execute. I could transfer the USD to Coinbase and buy it outright, but there doesn't appear to be any fees for the purchase if you grab it on Coinbase Pro.

Says 0.0000 for fees. Not sure if it will ever execute, but it's worth a shot.

USDT (resized).PNGUSDT (resized).PNG

#3158 2 years ago

Wow, buying USDT is a pain in the ass. You can't put in a Market order, so I had to put one in at $1.0007 when the price was $1.0008. Trying to enter a buy price of $1.0008 would get it kicked out.
Anyway, the price has been stuck at $1.0008 for about an hour now so no luck getting the trade to execute. I could transfer the USD to Coinbase and buy it outright, but there doesn't appear to be any fees for the purchase if you grab it on Coinbase Pro.
Says 0.0000 for fees. Not sure if it will ever execute, but it's worth a shot.
[quoted image]

Can't you just put in 1.0009?

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Can't you just put in 1.0009?

Nope. It kept coming up as Post Only mode. The only thing I could enter was $1.0007.

It finally went through after about 90 minutes and there were no fees. Went through the rest of the process and it finally made it into the syrup pool.

#3160 2 years ago

Is anyone staking their ETH and running their own validator(s)?

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

Is anyone staking their ETH and running their own validator(s)?

Nope, I don't have 105k to lock up for 3 years.

#3162 2 years ago

For anyone that cares, I moved more into the CAKE Syrup pool over the weekend which involved selling some of my SNX. With all the fees taken into account (including the fees on the sale of the SNX), it was 1.5% of the total amount paid in fees.

#3163 2 years ago

So you got SNX with your CAKE Pool? I’m hungry now

#3164 2 years ago

What's happened with Solana today? It's up like 40%+ ? I don't have any of it, just curious...

#3165 2 years ago

The Lighting network has grown another 15% in just the last 30 days.

#3166 2 years ago

I saw this at the Mobil station today.

btc1 (resized).jpgbtc1 (resized).jpg
#3167 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Nope, I don't have 105k to lock up for 3 years.

Do you think it will be 3 years before 2.0?

True it is much more expensive to start a node if you wanted to today. Anyone bought ETH years ago staked and running a validator?

#3168 2 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

Do you think it will be 3 years before 2.0?
True it is much more expensive to start a node if you wanted to today. Anyone bought ETH years ago staked and running a validator?

They're saying the difficulty spike to kill PoW is November. The stuff I'm referencing came from an article (*edit* 3rd party, not ETH) from last November, so the "3 years" thing is probably wrong.......but at least currently, nobody actually knows when you'll be able to unstake. Definitely not until after the merge, and they have to do a small update after that to enable unstaking. So at minimum, if you wanted to start running a validator node today, you're locking up 100k+ for at bare minimum 3 months assuming they get that updated in November as well.

#3169 2 years ago

Coinbase giving away free $3 of Fetch.ai whatever the hell that is. I normally take the quiz then just move the funds to bitcoin

#3170 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Coinbase giving away free $3 of Fetch.ai whatever the hell that is. I normally take the quiz then just move the funds to bitcoin

Thanks. I got my $3.

I’m annoyed when they have those things and just throw out buzzwords like DeFi, Automatic Market Making, etc and never give a real world use case.

Either way, $3 is $3.

#3171 2 years ago

Thanks. I got my $3.
I’m annoyed when they have those things and just throw out buzzwords like DeFi, Automatic Market Making, etc and never give a real world use case.
Either way, $3 is $3.

Are you able to move your Fetch.ai to a different currency? I have been getting this error all morning on Coinbase:

We're having connection issues
We're looking into it right now. Please try again later. Your funds are safe.

So my *free* $3.06 is now sitting around $2.88

#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Are you able to move your Fetch.ai to a different currency? I have been getting this error all morning on Coinbase:
We're having connection issues
We're looking into it right now. Please try again later. Your funds are safe.
So my *free* $3.06 is now sitting around $2.88

I didn’t even try. I always just leave it in whatever they give it to me as.

#3173 2 years ago

4FB6A61A-8C44-4A77-8C40-AAF380CF2332.gif4FB6A61A-8C44-4A77-8C40-AAF380CF2332.gif

#3174 2 years ago

I could use a good dip to rebuy some coinage

#3175 2 years ago

I didn’t even try. I always just leave it in whatever they give it to me as.

This is what I have done too, figure maybe somehow one of them will skyrocket and I'll end up with $300 from my free $3

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

This is what I have done too, figure maybe somehow one of them will skyrocket and I'll end up with $300 from my free $3

I tend to do this, I think both MKR and GRT went up to like $45 before I transferred them into ETH.

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Lucky you. I had to be responsible and pay off my credit cards lately instead of crypto investing.

Yea that's everyone's choice, right?
a) pay off CC debt to avoid 20% interest
b) put the money toward crypto and hope for 100% gains.

#3178 2 years ago

Be careful paying off all of your CC’s and have zero balance. I put groceries on just to keep a balance. Last crash all the banks yanked high credit limit cards with no balances with no warning. They are itching to do this again when shit hits the fan

#3179 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Be careful paying off all of your CC’s and have zero balance. I put groceries on just to keep a balance. Last crash all the banks yanked high credit limit cards with no balances with no warning. They are itching to do this again when shit hits the fan

Pffft....tell that to Sears and Citibank. We haven't had SQUAT of substance on that card in YEARS... it's got like an 8.75k limit on it. We used it long long ago to purchase an oven and some other appliances, back when we were truly living paycheck to paycheck and had no other option. I think they're going to keep it open forever just on the off chance we're ever stupid enough to pay 19% APR again. My understanding is that you just need to use them every few months......not that I do that. Half my cards haven't had a balance at all on them in the last year. One is pushing 18 months, and one other very small limit one hasn't had anything on it in so long, I don't even KNOW when it was last paid off.

Yes, we have too many cards, and really screwed ourselves for the better part of a decade. I'm just glad it's all under relative control now. I worked myself to the bone to keep things afloat for years and years, to the point of having multiple jobs and working 60+ hour weeks months on end for peanuts, and never had a single late payment. Credit score has always been moderately good, but now it's like 821 or something. Still have more debt than I'd like, but it's not on the cards anymore. I've earned the right to brag a little at this point, I think. Lots of people lose this fight and have to go through bankruptcy. I would say I got lucky....but luck had so very little to do with it...

Always pay this crap off before praying for a moon on crypto. That's my 'expert' opinion as someone that suffered through crippling debt for a very very long time. It can sneak up on you fast, and it's extremely hard unless you're diligent with money and making way more than you actually NEED to just pay the minimums. It's not worth a lottery ticket to sacrifice your credit rating.

#3180 2 years ago

Anyone have thoughts on Vechain? By the charts it's pushed off a low through some resistance and pulled back so thinking about putting a little into it.

#3181 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Anyone have thoughts on Vechain? By the charts it's pushed off a low through some resistance and pulled back so thinking about putting a little into it.

I have a bit, but can't speak at all intelligently to it, was recommended by a coworker....I know, it's weak diligence

#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I agree with this. In just the last year I have *lost* about 50k in available credit lines when companies shut them due to non use(TD, US Bank, Santander, Best Buy). Last weekend I took the stack of cards out of my desk drawer an used each one for for a small purchase and now I track the dates of last activity with the rest of my finances.

FICO weighs Revolving Utilization heavily and it doesn't care if you lose available credit or rack up more debt. It just knows your percent utilization is on the rise.

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I agree with this. In just the last year I have *lost* about 50k in available credit lines when companies shut them due to non use(TD, US Bank, Santander, Best Buy). Last weekend I took the stack of cards out of my desk drawer an used each one for for a small purchase and now I track the dates of last activity with the rest of my finances.
FICO weighs Revolving Utilization heavily and it doesn't care if you lose available credit or rack up more debt. It just knows your percent utilization is on the rise.

I have two, one I have doing all my autopayments/online payments for Amazon and stuff. The other I use for shopping, bars, restaurants and all in person stuff. I barely use checks and cash at all and never use my debit card since each earn 2% cash back and I pay off both each month no matter what. They keep raising the limits.

#3184 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Pffft....tell that to Sears and Citibank. We haven't had SQUAT of substance on that card in YEARS... it's got like an 8.75k limit on it. We used it long long ago to purchase an oven and some other appliances, back when we were truly living paycheck to paycheck and had no other option. I think they're going to keep it open forever just on the off chance we're ever stupid enough to pay 19% APR again. My understanding is that you just need to use them every few months......not that I do that. Half my cards haven't had a balance at all on them in the last year. One is pushing 18 months, and one other very small limit one hasn't had anything on it in so long, I don't even KNOW when it was last paid off.
Yes, we have too many cards, and really screwed ourselves for the better part of a decade. I'm just glad it's all under relative control now. I worked myself to the bone to keep things afloat for years and years, to the point of having multiple jobs and working 60+ hour weeks months on end for peanuts, and never had a single late payment. Credit score has always been moderately good, but now it's like 821 or something. Still have more debt than I'd like, but it's not on the cards anymore. I've earned the right to brag a little at this point, I think. Lots of people lose this fight and have to go through bankruptcy. I would say I got lucky....but luck had so very little to do with it...
Always pay this crap off before praying for a moon on crypto. That's my 'expert' opinion as someone that suffered through crippling debt for a very very long time. It can sneak up on you fast, and it's extremely hard unless you're diligent with money and making way more than you actually NEED to just pay the minimums. It's not worth a lottery ticket to sacrifice your credit rating.

First off, Sears is not a credit card. It’s a hostage to shitty products card. Secondly im not referring to having 10 credit cards with out of hand crippling debt. No disagreement there, pay them all off before crypto. Once you do, you should have 1-3 max hi limit cards with low negotiated interest rates. I only have 2 (in case 1 gets owned). Everything gets paid off of course monthly There’s no interest on paying off within 30 days. Key is to have something left on them if you care to have a spare 50-100k if shit hits the fan. If you don’t need that, then by all means close all of them out. In 2008 I had a $25k limit card Citi canceled because of non use. No warning or shit. Had no idea they could even do that, but that’s crooked banks for you. Fast forward March 2020, I started to see these new legal CC TOA’s coming out when COVID first hit. That was the banks getting ready to protect themselves and fk everyone else. So it’s just a heads up. My rule of thumb. If I don’t have the cash, I don’t buy it. But credit cards are handy because they protect your bank account from getting a direct hit when some cocksucker jacks your info at a gas station. And in the end, if shit really hits the fan, I’m maxing them out and then telling the banks to lik deez nuts and filing a BK. Fk them crooks we bailed out

#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:I have two, one I have doing all my autopayments/online payments for Amazon and stuff. The other I use for shopping, bars, restaurants and all in person stuff. I barely use checks and cash at all and never use my debit card since each earn 2% cash back and I pay off both each month no matter what. They keep raising the limits.

Have you looked into the Fold card?

I’m double dipping and paying my CC off with their debt card and earning another 1.5-2% on paying my CC. They’re also giving me Sats (Bitcoin) as a reward. I buy all my Amazon purchases with the gift cards from Fold which are rewarded 5-6%. Downside is it cost $150 annual fee but if you use it enough it quickly covers that.

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’m double dipping and paying my CC off with their debt card and earning another 1.5-2% on paying my CC. They’re also giving me Sats (Bitcoin) as a reward. I buy all my Amazon purchases with the gift cards from Fold which are rewarded 5-6%. Downside is it cost $150 annual fee but if you use it enough it quickly covers that.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out! My online card is actually an Amazon Chase Visa, so I do already get 5% back on Amazon purchases and I think 3% on gas, which is helpful, I camp and take road trips alot.

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

https://foldapp.com/

Are you talking about that card? I'm assuming you have to setup a bank account with them since it's a debit card?

#3188 2 years ago

Yes, you do

#3189 2 years ago

Ada ATH

#3190 2 years ago

Now BTC is bouncing around again...just 10-15k above where it was. Will it break up or down once it makes a real move?

On a fun note I have a new pinball machine arriving on Monday!

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So deeproot is finally coming through and delivering on RAZA ?

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So deeproot is finally coming through and delivering on RAZA ?

I'm thinking that one went over my head?

#3193 2 years ago

awwww yeah!

cardanogif.gifcardanogif.gif

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Now BTC is bouncing around again...just 10-15k above where it was. Will it break up or down once it makes a real move?

whats coming? I have 3 on order with 1 coming next week(GotG). Should have mando premium anyday now and whenever stern gets around to making those Iron Maiden Premiums i have one coming. I think I sold other games to quickly. I hate having games missing in my lineup for long ha

#3195 2 years ago

Why do I feel I always want to buy when they are close to / reach ATH but not when they are the dip ?!?

#3196 2 years ago
29B89F00-C478-4C18-9F8F-F5E80DC8C04C (resized).jpeg29B89F00-C478-4C18-9F8F-F5E80DC8C04C (resized).jpeg
#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

whats coming? I have 3 on order with 1 coming next week(GotG). Should have mando premium anyday now and whenever stern gets around to making those Iron Maiden Premiums i have one coming. I think I sold other games to quickly. I hate having games missing in my lineup for long ha

So last year we were staying at the Boardwalk at Disney and they had a Star Wars Pro at the resort on free play. I played it several times and decided that would be my next pin. Plus the whole family loves Star Wars in general.

#3198 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So last year we were staying at the Boardwalk at Disney and they had a Star Wars Pro at the resort on free play. I played it several times and decided that would be my next pin. Plus the whole family loves Star Wars in general.

Nice! Comic version? I have the comic premium. People hate on it but its awesome.

#3199 2 years ago

If I didn’t already have a Star Wars pin (Sega Star Wars trilogy) then the stern Star Wars would be next on my buy list. I just can’t see having two original Star Wars trilogy pins in a small collection, and my son and I both really enjoy the swt that we currently own.

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Nice! Comic version? I have the comic premium. People hate on it but its awesome.

I put that one up for a vote and it was unanimous to get the regular version.

There are 8,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/64?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.