(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,270 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 166.
#2951 2 years ago

Lol

https://www.stonercats.com/
Looks pretty fun.

Doing great on second hand
https://opensea.io/assets/stoner-cats-official

#2952 2 years ago

Looks cool , but sold out

#2953 2 years ago

What was the entry price , 0,35 dollar or ETH ?

#444 laser eye cat is at 44,4 eth .. wow

#2954 2 years ago

0.35 eth
Like 700 usd each.

I sold one for 1150 earlier.

Edit had wrong price

#2955 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If 3 is a "bunch"...it's all bullshit

Picked up some stoner cats today

I really need to figure out how to buy all this crazy stuff you are buying. I guess I need to spend some time and risk a little crypto by sending it to the wrong address or otherwise screwing up and losing it into the blockchain abyss.

#2956 2 years ago

Cut and paste.

I think the next big thing to be popular will be DAO’s. That was the 100% sell out reward on Stoner Cats.

#2957 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Picked up some stoner cats today

I hope you didn’t strain anything.

Remember: bend at the knees and keep the weight close to your body!

#2958 2 years ago

So...fuck eBay.

I've been an ebay member for over 20 years (signed up in 1998). But...I am just a "casual seller".

Just sold a watch on there (July 18th) for over 6k. And no the 6k isn't going to crypto...its going to a new pinball machine...shocker!

The buyer paid right away with eBay working as an escrow. eBay got the funds and put them on hold...fine. Then (I didn't know they did this) eBay intercepted the package (I paid for postage through eBay) and then Authenticated the watch...fine/cool. Forwarded it on to the buyer. He was thrilled with it and left me positive feedback. Transcation complete...but wait, there's more. eBay is holding the funds until August 18th! WTF???

Just called them and bitched out some shlep. It's their policy that if you haven't sold anything in the last 90 days and your item sells for over 1k they can put a 1 month hold on the funds...even after Authenticating the item themselves and the buyer being happy...still holding until August 18th. That makes zero fucking sense.

#2959 2 years ago

“ We believe that content creators and fans should be able to connect and trade art directly without all the bureaucratic bullshit, to put it *bluntly.*”

Yea ok, everyone that bought this trash did so as a speculative “investment” gamble. Total scam.

#2960 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So...fuck eBay.
I've been an ebay member for over 20 years (signed up in 1998). But...I am just a "casual seller".
Just sold a watch on there (July 18th) for over 6k. And no the 6k isn't going to crypto...its going to a new pinball machine...shocker!
The buyer paid right away with eBay working as an escrow. eBay got the funds and put them on hold...fine. Then (I didn't know they did this) eBay intercepted the package (I paid for postage through eBay) and then Authenticated the watch...fine/cool. Forwarded it on to the buyer. He was thrilled with it and left me positive feedback. Transcation complete...but wait, there's more. eBay is holding the funds until August 18th! WTF???
Just called them and bitched out some shlep. It's their policy that if you haven't sold anything in the last 90 days and your item sells for over 1k they can put a 1 month hold on the funds...even after Authenticating the item themselves and the buyer being happy...still holding until August 18th. That makes zero fucking sense.

Had the same thing happen basically a month ago after having not sold anything for years. I think they held the money like 3 weeks...I was annoyed AF.

#2961 2 years ago

I had something similar happen on eBay, I think it was a phone I was selling. I think there are certain categories of items that they implement extra checks on, for whatever reason.

#2962 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So...fuck eBay.

Not ebay but since PayPal owns them, same diff I guess. I sold a CC and they paid with PP....9.7k. PayPal immediately suspended my account and gave me a long list of steps I had to do to get MY money released. Uploading all kinds of security documents, etc. And I had to prove delivery. Fuck that....ship a 9.7k pin to an unknown buyer without having the funds?! I refunded the transaction and moved on to a cash buyer.

#2963 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not ebay but since PayPal owns them, same diff I guess. I sold a CC and they paid with PP....9.7k. PayPal immediately suspended my account and gave me a long list of steps I had to do to get MY money released. Uploading all kinds of security documents, etc. And I had to prove delivery. Fuck that....ship a 9.7k pin to an unknown buyer without having the funds?! I refunded the transaction and moved on to a cash buyer.

Crazy

#2964 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:“ We believe that content creators and fans should be able to connect and trade art directly without all the bureaucratic bullshit, to put it *bluntly.*”
Yea ok, everyone that bought this trash did so as a speculative “investment” gamble. Total scam.

So far my only takeaway from the trash is that ethereum sucks ass. Gas fees are too damn high.

1A737471-CCF9-4FDC-AC87-ED14BBDE62B3 (resized).png1A737471-CCF9-4FDC-AC87-ED14BBDE62B3 (resized).png
#2965 2 years ago

Over 4 years, Bitcoin:

has never been down
has been up 365x on average
has been up less than 5x on 1 day (4.26x on 17-4-9)
has been up less than 10x for 99 days

#2966 2 years ago

A loss of 10 percent necessitates an 11 percent gain to recover. Increase that loss to 25 percent and it takes a 33 percent gain to get back to break-even. A 50 percent loss requires a 100 percent gain to recover and an 80 percent loss necessitates 500 percent in gains to get back to where the investment value started.

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

A loss of 10 percent necessitates an 11 percent gain to recover. Increase that loss to 25 percent and it takes a 33 percent gain to get back to break-even. A 50 percent loss requires a 100 percent gain to recover and an 80 percent loss necessitates 500 percent in gains to get back to where the investment value started.

All true. And I've had 80% losses in Bitcoin...and in under 4 years I was up again.

#2968 2 years ago

Uh oh. We better ban cash. North Korea is using it to buy Oil.

Sorry I had to post this because of all these dumbass politicians that think banning crypto is going to stop illegal activity.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/us-takes-ownership-ship-suspected-korea-oil-scheme-79177388

One exchange caught on satellite imagery showed the M/T Courageous transferring more than $1.5 million worth of oil to a North Korea-flagged ship, prosecutors said.

The deliveries and related transactions that were made with U.S. currency through U.S. banks violated U.S. and United Nations sanctions on North Korea, prosecutors said.

#2969 2 years ago

Well they just 1/2 passed a bill to tax crypto big and bad to help pay for the infrastructure bill, so I don't think they'll be banning it any time soon.

#2970 2 years ago

In 1975, Gold topped at 1.2 trillions usd, corrected 50%, then mooned to 5 trillion usd.

In 2021, Bitcoin topped at 1.2 trillion usd, corrected 50% then ...

#2971 2 years ago

I think the surprising thing is that it cruised past 40k when it's still July, after a whole month of so many bad Bitcoin news stories. Once Dorsey and Wood and (to a lesser extent) Musk had the conference confirming crypto was the future, especially Bitcoin (as an asset), some new investors must be thinking, who are we to argue? Imagine what Bitcoin's price could be with a month of good news...

#2972 2 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Imagine what Bitcoin's price could be with a month of good news...

Could conceivably hit 80k in 2021 yet... We'll see...

#2973 2 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Could conceivably hit 80k in 2021 yet... We'll see...

I'm sticking with 100k+

#2974 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

BTC will be at or above your buy-in price range by the end of August, or I'll send you $100 worth of BTC. I don't think I'll be sending you anything...but, I've been wrong before.

Sorry man...we didn't even make it to August before getting back to your buy-in range.

#2975 2 years ago

I should have bought Bitcoin at $28k last week when I had the chance.

#2976 2 years ago

I did and cashed out. Waiting for the next dip below 30K, until then

#2977 2 years ago

Still don't have as much invested as I want to, But it was nice seeing an $800 bump to my holdings this weekend. Took some profits from my shit coin and split it between BTC and ETH.

#2978 2 years ago

I currently have zero coins sitting on exchange's. I have a little staked and a little just earning interest. All the rest is stored in wallets.

#2979 2 years ago

I finally bit the bullet and started buying some coins directly, was doing a few bucks here and there on RH but I get I don't own the coins there.

So far I have a handful of VET and ADA, pulled my ADA off and started staking that. Honestly do not fully understand everything I'm doing but slowly learning from you guys on here, on reddit and other random searches so thanks for the info you have all shared thus far.

#2980 2 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

I finally bit the bullet and started buying some coins directly, was doing a few bucks here and there on RH but I get I don't own the coins there.
So far I have a handful of VET and ADA, pulled my ADA off and started staking that. Honestly do not fully understand everything I'm doing but slowly learning from you guys on here, on reddit and other random searches so thanks for the info you have all shared thus far.

I've been "in" since March and still have no idea what I'm doing. But my ADA has made me 14 ADA in interest so I've got that going for me.

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I've been "in" since March and still have no idea what I'm doing. But my ADA has made me 14 ADA in interest so I've got that going for me.

I'm happily still holding and staking as well. It's pretty awesome to get more ADA just by staking and forgetting about it. I believe I'm up to just over 200 free ADA from staking. It definitely makes it easier to simply hold and wait out the low times.

#2982 2 years ago

Gary Gensler's latest statements came across as an overall positive for Bitcoin and overall negative for "alts" and the overall crypto market. Gensler - "I believe we have a crypto market now where many tokens may be unregistered securities, without required disclosures or market oversight." Crackdowns on exchanges both foreign and domestic are likely coming.

Gensler noted - "Bitcoin has been and could continue to be a catalyst for change in the fields of finance and money.”

"Regulators broadly think bitcoin is more like a commodity than a security, likely putting the biggest cryptocurrency outside the SEC's remit."

During the speech, Gensler appeared to express interest in exchange-traded funds (ETFs) tied to bitcoin futures, referring to CME. "I anticipate that there will be filings with regard to exchange-traded funds (ETFs) under the Investment Company Act (’40 Act). When combined with the other federal securities laws, the ’40 Act provides significant investor protections," he said. "Given these important protections, I look forward to the staff’s review of such filings, particularly if those are limited to these CME-traded bitcoin futures."

Regulations coming though - "right now, we just don’t have enough investor protection in crypto" Gensler said. "His remarks indicate that the SEC is scrutinizing major trends in the crypto space today, including decentralized finance (DeFi), stablecoins and more. Notably, he wants to see Congressional legislation focused on “crypto trading, lending, and DeFi platforms” and granting regulators additional authorities to regulate the crypto ecosystem."

#2983 2 years ago

I like his analogy with automobiles

#2984 2 years ago

A lot of people make/made fun of Cardano for concentrating so hard on having hundreds of papers written and taking such a scientific and often time consuming approach. I believe that if the SEC comes down hard with regulations, Cardano will be one of the best to handle it, as they have seemingly been preparing for it for years. Charles has always maintained that he knew as crypto continued to grow that regulations would eventually come, so he and his team have shaped Cardano with that in mind.

#2985 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I'm happily still holding and staking as well. It's pretty awesome to get more ADA just by staking and forgetting about it. I believe I'm up to just over 200 free ADA from staking. It definitely makes it easier to simply hold and wait out the low times.

Quoted from PinballKen:

Where do you guys do your staking and with which pool? Full disclosure, I may be using terms incorrectly

#2986 2 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Where do you guys do your staking and with which pool? Full disclosure, I may be using terms incorrectly

I stake my Cardano in a Yoroi Wallet. I really wanted to use a Daedalus wallet but could not get that thing to work for the life of me.
I'm currently in "Husky" pool.

#2987 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Today I made the move to a hardware wallet as many here have suggested since I started following this thread.
Until now I was content with holding my Bitcoin on an app that my coworker suggested.
AnchorUSD. What really drew me in was the 7.83% interest on the high yield savings account.
I made $0.88 a month on my meager savings at a credit union.
I made $0.88 a day on half the meager savings at AnchorUSD.
And AnchorUSD gave me .00000592 Bitcoin a day on my meager Bitcoin savings.
At the current rate of $0.22 interest a day, I think my Bitcoin is safer in a hardware wallet.
Thanks again for all the information! You guys rock!
Guess I have learned a thing or 2.

#2988 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

been buying BTC on dips, but feel like it's going lower from here so I am holding off any more buying until it's in the mid 20k
25k would pull me in to buy some more
If it doesn't hit that, so be it, I am fine with what I have

Well ... I was wrong on that call
which, like I said, is fine becuase I bought in a few times at around 31

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

I store my Ada on a ledger cold wallet. I use Adalite to interface with the Cardano blockchain, and I am currently with Sunny Pool #2 I believe. Hopefully I worded that half decently, I'm pretty new to all this as well haha.

#2990 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I bought in a few times at around 31

I bought the BTC dip too and also picked up some Ethereum around the same time at a great price.
I'm new to crypto but not investing. Even the volatility is, umm... entertaining.

I'm having a great time researching/learning and many of you guys here are great. I especially appreciate links to appropriate articles that you guys find and I will do the same.

#2991 2 years ago

Ethereum's eip-1559 is scheduled for tomorrow. If everything goes smoothly, I could see Eth getting a nice boost in price from it. I think a lot of people are excited for the beginning of eth fee burning (except maybe the miners, though maybe they are ok with it now).

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-s-london-hard-fork-expected-to-arrive-on-thursday-ushering-in-eip-1559

#2992 2 years ago

Nice little pump ( oh, sorry, shhh don't jinx it).

#2993 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Ethereum's eip-1559 is scheduled for tomorrow. If everything goes smoothly, I could see Eth getting a nice boost in price from it. I think a lot of people are excited for the beginning of eth fee burning (except maybe the miners, though maybe they are ok with it now).
https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-s-london-hard-fork-expected-to-arrive-on-thursday-ushering-in-eip-1559

Looks like eip-1559 went through successfully, which is awesome to see. I own ADA, but I'd like to see most of the top crypto succeed, so it was great to see a successful fork for Ethereum. It sounds like the burning of a % of the Eth fees has already started, which should help the value of existing ethereum rise, which is great for those holding. I did read that the fees, while being more predictable, have gone up though. Is that true? It's the first day after the hard fork, so its hard to know what things will exactly look like quite yet.

#2994 2 years ago

At the moment gas fees are alittle high but not crazy.
But if there’s some drop it’ll probably be congested.

#2995 2 years ago

Just wanted to keep all of you up to date on the newest LINK roll out. Nazarov definitely has his shit together.

https://www.coindesk.com/chainlink-unveils-crypto-keepers-and-anti-fraud-blockchain-bridges

#2996 2 years ago

Rally time?

#2998 2 years ago

Seems like it might be!
Though this still has me a bit nervous. It's scary that people with such low knowledge about crypto can have such a large say in the direction the U.S.A government takes it in:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/06/crypto-bitcoin-infrastructure-senate/
Hopefully the senators that better understand it can have their voices heard before its too late.

#2999 2 years ago

I got no senator to complain to!

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I got no senator to complain to!

We’re Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley involved in a terrible accident recently that I don’t know about?

There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.