(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,239 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Jagrmaister
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240301-124124 (resized).png
20240229_085145 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 165.
#2901 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Tinfoil hat time:
I've been telling a friend that contrary to what everyone else thinks going into this week, I'm going to bet on bitcoin (and therefor crypto as a larger whole) actually having an ok week. There's the upcoming bitcoin conference on Wednesday, which will have a group discussion featuring Jack Dorsey, Cathie Wood and Elon Musk. Tesla is set to release Q2 report next Monday. If Tesla is actually still holding most of their bitcoin (which I believe they are, as they said they were suspending taking it as a payment, not that they were selling their bag) then I also believe Elon is going to go into the bitcoin conference with a pro bitcoin attitude. They will talk about how bitcoin is going greener, dispel some myths, and possibly even announce that Tesla will accept bitcoin again, or will at least be considering it again. A boost to bitcoins value will help their Q2 report the following Monday, and therefor boost Tesla as a whole.
Its a very specific order of events, but that's why I'm calling it my tinfoil hat prediction haha.
I bought some crypto today, and I've set aside some money for later this week too if I'm wrong (which could easily be the case).

Elon just announced that he owns Bitcoin, that Tesla owns Bitcoin, and that SpaceX owns Bitcoin.
He also announced that Tesla will most likely resume accepting Bitcoin payments.

#2902 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Weird. I use it for all my trades and haven't run into any issues. Unless its a coin I can't get on Coinbase.

Same for me... Coinbase Pro works well, easier than KuCoin or Kraken, and fees are less than Coinbase.

#2903 2 years ago

Gofundme to recover $5 million in a lost wallet? Not sure what I think about that, especially since they initially bought them for nothing.

https://wjla.com/amp/news/local/dc-family-cant-access-cryptocurreny-wallet-asking-for-help

#2904 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Gofundme to recover $5 million in a lost wallet? Not sure what I think about that, especially since they initially bought them for nothing.
https://wjla.com/amp/news/local/dc-family-cant-access-cryptocurreny-wallet-asking-for-help

Personally...I hate this kind of shit.

#2905 2 years ago

I don't approve of the GFM acct, but the fact that a glitch in a system can steal your money ...that's BS. This is not a case where a 3rd party stole the money, and that's a different story.

#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Personally...I hate this kind of shit.

If this works I’m gonna do the same thing. Anybody donating to this is a sukkka

#2907 2 years ago

It can happen and will happen and you can’t do shit about it in a unregulated market. Good luck getting any thing back from half these exchanges if they decided to close your account.

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

It can happen and will happen and you can’t do shit about it in a unregulated market. Good luck getting any thing back from half these exchanges if they decided to close your account.

I don't keep large amounts of crypto on an exchange....or a software wallet.

#2909 2 years ago

Yup. I have a few illegible screenshots that say I own 826 BTC. Gofundme here I come!

Because I'm such a nice guy, I'll let all of my fellow Pinside friends be first in line to donate. I accept Crypto or Fiat.

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I've had Binance and Coinbase accounts for at least 6 years and really had zero problems moving coins or money in and out. On the other hand, during the great recession, when my bank failed in 2008 (Washington Mutual, the biggest bank failure in history), it took weeks, possibly months, to recover my money. When a company fails that you are invested in, do you recover your money? If you are scared of the risks of investing in crypto, don't invest in crypto. And don't invest in high growth stocks either. Stick with safe index funds and grow your money more slowly.

#2911 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:Axs ripping.
Should have thrown more in.

And out…damn I need a smoke after that ride.

#2912 2 years ago

Everything is shooting up today/tonight, I made some small buys right as I saw it starting. Great week for the Market and crypto.

#2913 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yup cashed out on the peak waiting for another dip. I was on the way to pickup a CV but I guess I’m saving all this cash now, so off to margaritaville

039492B5-6AE4-49B2-B32F-8B45D01D4110 (resized).jpeg039492B5-6AE4-49B2-B32F-8B45D01D4110 (resized).jpeg
#2914 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Where are you buying stuff like that? I saw you posted that the other day, but didn’t see if on any of the normal exchanges.

#2915 2 years ago

I used MetaMask. You can get almost anything Eth based there or use uniswap.
Sold alittle early it’s at 48 now, yesterday when I sold it was about 40 but pretty much doubled in 10 days. Leads me to believe it will get a big jump when any major exchange carries it.

#2916 2 years ago

Go Bitcoin... It's you're birthday!

(Think "American Pie" where the kid is singing "Go trig-boy, it's your birthday"!)

#2917 2 years ago

It’s gonna crash again soon, but this rocket made for some good profits. Ride the wave!

#2919 2 years ago

Mila and Ashton launch an NFT tomorrow. I’m probably going to bite on a few.

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Mila and Ashton launch an NFT tomorrow. I’m probably going to bite on a few.

People are making a lot of money buying an selling NFTs... A 12 year old recently sold an NFT for $160k which was a bunch of computer generated whale icons. Personally I still don't get those that don't include licensing rights. I get collecting, but there's somewhat limited value there. The market will mature and make sense, and until then there are opportunities for those that understand what they are buying... but I'm definitely not there.

#2921 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

It’s gonna crash again soon, but this rocket made for some good profits. Ride the wave!

Not sure what this week will bring, but it’s definitely not crashing tonight!

#2922 2 years ago

Amazon is rumoured to be announcing accepting crypto soon as payment, as well as introducing their own coin in the future. It’s rumoured that the first four cryptos it will accept Are Bitcoin, ethereum, cardano and Bitcoin cash.

#2923 2 years ago

Amazon is rumoured to be announcing accepting crypto soon as payment, as well as introducing their own coin in the future. It’s rumoured that the first four cryptos it will accept Are Bitcoin, ethereum, cardano and Bitcoin cash.

If that doesn't cause a branch like the IRS to make some kind of regulatory statement then it's gonna be YOLO for next decade

#2924 2 years ago

If this is true, Cardano is about to break out. Heck, it is right now, glad I loaded up this past week. Bitcoin is up close to 12% in the last 24 hours, was there some news I missed? Or all on the Amazon rumors?

#2925 2 years ago

A lot of shorts got squeezed today too, so that’s at least part of the reason for bitcoins jump.

#2926 2 years ago

A lot of shorts got squeezed today too, so that’s at least part of the reason for bitcoins jump.

Shorting Bitcoin is like poking a Grizzly with a stick...you might get away with it a time or two...but sooner or later....

#2927 2 years ago

Cryptos are scheduled to reach a new ATH, as they keep doing over and over through cycles. The only trick is, it takes patience....you never know how long it will take. But it keeps hitting new highs.....eventually.

#2928 2 years ago

Nearly 1 billion in shorts on BTC have been liquidated in the last 24hrs.

"Stupid is, as stupid does"

#2929 2 years ago

Wow hope you guys did not dump at 30k (think most of you bought lol)

#2930 2 years ago

Jeff Bezos Directs Amazon to Accept Bitcoin and Other Popular Cryptocurrencies: Report -
https://news.bitcoin.com/jeff-bezos-amazon-accept-bitcoin-popular-cryptocurrencies/

#2931 2 years ago

report was just denied by amazon per bloomberg and we saw a quick drop over an hour period. Hopefully it stops there and continues its climb

#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

report was just denied by amazon per bloomberg and we saw a quick drop over an hour period. Hopefully it stops there and continues its climb

Well ..bummer, but not surprising.

#2933 2 years ago

The news is a bit muddled but I'm still taking it as encouraging. Here's the Bloomberg report that may clarify things.

"Amazon Job Posting Hints at Plan to Accept Cryptocurrency"

"An Amazon job posting published online last week seeks a “Digital Currency and Blockchain Product Lead.” After Insider reported the existence of the posting earlier, Bitcoin surged to about $40,000. Amazon shares gained about 1% in New York"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-26/amazon-job-posting-hints-at-plan-to-accept-cryptocurrency

#2934 2 years ago

I think we’re gonna see several more dips. Hopefully it starts to level out by next year

#2935 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I think we’re gonna see several more dips. Hopefully it starts to level out by next year

I think it will be at least another decade before this market "levels out"

#2936 2 years ago

On the one hand it's interesting that they are looking into blockchain technology, but frankly they'd be stupid not to? I imagine a lot of technology companies are looking at the space.

As far as I can make out an "insider" said that they would be looking at accepting "Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano" alongside creating their own coin, or something. There doesn't seem to be anything more than that, certainly nothing official, yet it led to quite a pump. I'm not complaining, of course, but being pragmatic I don't see how Amazon advertising for a blockchain-focused tech role means an existing cryptocurrency is going to be adopted by them.

You could make a compelling argument that the market reaction to this part-real, part-speculative news is actually counterproductive to the goal of getting a crypto adopted by them. If them just maybe-sortof-perhaps adopting it creates that kind of movement in the market, then another company would end up having a measure of control over Amazon by proxy. Imagine if Amazon started accepting, and banking Bitcoin, and another company (or China) decides to give them a bloody lip by seeding negative news and devaluing their holdings etc.

I'd be curious to know who this "insider" at Amazon was, and what skin they have in the game. In the world of stocks & shares that kind of market manipulation would certainly attract some SEC attention, I think.

#2937 2 years ago

Just submitted the application for the BlockFi Bitcoin rewards VISA card.

What do you get with the card?
• Earn 3.5% in bitcoin back on all purchases in your first 3 months, and 1.5% on all purchases after.
• No annual fee. No foreign transaction fees.
• Earn 2% back on every dollar over $50,000 of annual spend.
• Earn crypto interest on your Bitcoin rewards.
• 2% extra APY in Bitcoin on your stablecoin holdings.
• Trading bonus: 0.25% back in bitcoin on all eligible trades.
Once you’re a cardholder, you can earn $30 in Bitcoin for every client referral to BlockFi, on top of the base Refer-a-Friend program.

#2938 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The news is a bit muddled but I'm still taking it as encouraging. Here's the Bloomberg report that may clarify things.
"Amazon Job Posting Hints at Plan to Accept Cryptocurrency"
"An Amazon job posting published online last week seeks a “Digital Currency and Blockchain Product Lead.” After Insider reported the existence of the posting earlier, Bitcoin surged to about $40,000. Amazon shares gained about 1% in New York"
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-26/amazon-job-posting-hints-at-plan-to-accept-cryptocurrency

I find these kinds of articles trickling in to "mainstream" news sites to be really irresponsible. It's the kind of clickbait you'd expect on deeper industry sites but come on Bloomberg.
If I was the editor I'd recognize this as a pump & dump opportunity because 100% them publishing rumours will cause a jump in price.

#2939 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What do you get with the card?
• Earn 3.5% in bitcoin back on all purchases in your first 3 months, and 1.5% on all purchases after.
• No annual fee. No foreign transaction fees.
• Earn 2% back on every dollar over $50,000 of annual spend.
• Earn crypto interest on your Bitcoin rewards.
• 2% extra APY in Bitcoin on your stablecoin holdings.
• Trading bonus: 0.25% back in bitcoin on all eligible trades.
Once you’re a cardholder, you can earn $30 in Bitcoin for every client referral to BlockFi, on top of the base Refer-a-Friend program.

Almost sounds too good to be true. With them reducing their APY % every few months, I fully expect a few of those bullet points to be dropped as more adopt the card.

But very exciting in the meantime!

#2940 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

This is exactly what I've been waiting for - but Blockfi locked me out and said it couldn't verify my identity even with high res scans of my documents! Seems like the consumer service on crypto stuff takes foooooorevvvveer to iron out. Even longer than pinball customer service. lol

#2941 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

On the one hand it's interesting that they are looking into blockchain technology, but frankly they'd be stupid not to? I imagine a lot of technology companies are looking at the space.
As far as I can make out an "insider" said that they would be looking at accepting "Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano" alongside creating their own coin, or something. There doesn't seem to be anything more than that, certainly nothing official, yet it led to quite a pump. I'm not complaining, of course, but being pragmatic I don't see how Amazon advertising for a blockchain-focused tech role means an existing cryptocurrency is going to be adopted by them.
You could make a compelling argument that the market reaction to this part-real, part-speculative news is actually counterproductive to the goal of getting a crypto adopted by them. If them just maybe-sortof-perhaps adopting it creates that kind of movement in the market, then another company would end up having a measure of control over Amazon by proxy. Imagine if Amazon started accepting, and banking Bitcoin, and another company (or China) decides to give them a bloody lip by seeding negative news and devaluing their holdings etc.
I'd be curious to know who this "insider" at Amazon was, and what skin they have in the game. In the world of stocks & shares that kind of market manipulation would certainly attract some SEC attention, I think.

the upswing was more related to liquidating shorts than the Amazon news.

#2942 2 years ago

Isn't BlockFi the one a bunch of states are going after right now?

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Isn't BlockFi the one a bunch of states are going after right now?

If 3 is a "bunch"...it's all bullshit IMHO.

#2944 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If 3 is a "bunch"...it's all bullshit IMHO.

I always thought 3 was "a few".

#2945 2 years ago

Picked up some stoner cats today

#2946 2 years ago

I;ve been watching Bitcoin lately and it appears that as soon as the price cracks a certain range people pull massive liquidity.
Like a Salmon swimming upstream.
Evidently a significant number has been waiting to cash out.

#2947 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I;ve been watching Bitcoin lately and it appears that as soon as the price cracks a certain range people pull massive liquidity.
Like a Salmon swimming upstream.
Evidently a significant number has been waiting to cash out.

Yep ...but it won't be long before stock to flow does its thing.

#2948 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Are they lazier than normal cats?

#2949 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Are they lazier than normal cats?

And hungrier?

#2950 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

DC90B082-2B83-4E8C-890D-99CA7DCAB176.gifDC90B082-2B83-4E8C-890D-99CA7DCAB176.gif
There are 8,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/59?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.