(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,071 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240229_085145 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240229_093420_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7633 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240219_112230_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-15 131040 (resized).jpg
IMG_8183 (resized).jpeg
RULES (resized).jpg
IMG_6585 (resized).jpeg
SVS Warning (resized).PNG
IMG_6302 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7059 (resized).png
IMG_7058 (resized).png
some-spanish-gold-doubloons-from-the-1715-fleet-v0-xtiu1wuwctbb1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20230922_215143_X (resized).jpg
IMG_6332 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,071 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 162.
#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's the thing...many people like to gamble. Speculation is NOT the same thing as adoption. Any way to tell the difference?
Also, this is concerning:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/israel-seizing-cryptocurrency-wallets-palestinian-124303344.html

Everything Israel does to Palestinians is concerning.

#2802 2 years ago

Anyone still buying?

3 month gains = -53%

Ouch!

#2803 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone still buying?
3 month gains = -53%
Ouch!

I just won a playoff hockey pool, so I'm looking to buy a bit more soon (roughly $1000 Canadian).
I'm debating between ADA and AGIX, though ADA will likely win out again haha.
I know its starting to look really bearish to some, and we might be in consolidation for a while. I'm just not quite convinced its a bear market yet. And even if it is, I'm ok with buying, holding and staking for a few years. Short term may look rough, but I'm still a believer in crypto long term, so I'm not too worried.
My plan is to wait and see what Friday and Saturday bring. There is a Grayscale unlocking coming this weekend, and I think that will spook some people and drive prices down a bit yet. I usually prefer to buy on a Friday or Saturday evening as a rule anyway.

#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My Fidelity account also tracks my Coinbase account with my other investments, which very much legitimizes crypto as an investment.

Oh really? Might have to see if mine could do that. I have them for some of my retirement accounts.

#2805 2 years ago

Everything on hold on my side

#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I just won a playoff hockey pool, so I'm looking to buy a bit more soon (roughly $1000 Canadian).
I'm debating between ADA and AGIX, though ADA will likely win out again haha.
I know its starting to look really bearish to some, and we might be in consolidation for a while. I'm just not quite convinced its a bear market yet. And even if it is, I'm ok with buying, holding and staking for a few years. Short term may look rough, but I'm still a believer in crypto long term, so I'm not too worried.
My plan is to wait and see what Friday and Saturday bring. There is a Grayscale unlocking coming this weekend, and I think that will spook some people and drive prices down a bit yet. I usually prefer to buy on a Friday or Saturday evening as a rule anyway.

Grab $1000 worth of Cake and stake in the auto-compounding Cake pool @ 100% APY. Money works during potential bear markets, and Cake itself will rise in value over time. DONE.

#2807 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Grab $1000 worth of Cake and stake in the auto-compounding Cake pool @ 100% APY. Money works during potential bear markets, and Cake itself will rise in value over time. DONE.

I’d be very grateful if you would explain how I can get 100%. Do you have a walk through or instructions?

#2808 2 years ago

Soooo, are we at the dip and good time to buy again? Or are we gonna slide slide slide

#2809 2 years ago

I’d be very grateful if you would explain how I can get 100%. Do you have a walk through or instructions?

Just head to pancakeswap.finance and go to the Pools section. Buy some CAKE and deposit it in the pool of your choice.

77C369B6-8260-49DB-828C-518F8F44D80A (resized).jpeg77C369B6-8260-49DB-828C-518F8F44D80A (resized).jpeg
#2810 2 years ago

Anyone still buying?
3 month gains = -53%
Ouch!

I plan on buying as soon as this dip starts pointing upwards for a day or two. It's what I do every time.

#2811 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh really? Might have to see if mine could do that. I have them for some of my retirement accounts.

It's super easy to set up. Use their web version and log into your Fidelity account, the left column lists your investment accounts and below them has a link for "Add Non-Fidelity Accounts". Click it, the only option is Coinbase and it sends you to Coinbase to log in, after you do it loads your Coinbase info into Fidelity along with your Fidelity investments. If you are daytrading or monitoring your stocks often, it's nice to see your Coinbase investments at the same time.

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Just head to pancakeswap.finance and go to the Pools section. Buy some CAKE and deposit it in the pool of your choice.
[quoted image]

This shit running on Binance? How the hell do I get BNB (for gas, presumably) without spending 50 bucks (Atomic Wallet), or having access to Binance at all since US/TX/No VPN. Really about to say to hell with it all and get a VPN...at least I know my roommate/sorta-landlord would be in on that, and willing to do the dirty work. :p

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Soooo, are we at the dip and good time to buy again? Or are we gonna slide slide slide

I'm sorry...l lost my clairvoyance crystal.

#2814 2 years ago

Well find it already! I need to get rich fast!

#2815 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm sorry...l lost my clairvoyance crystal.

They are on sale at Ali-express . But It could be a 2019 model .. not sure

#2816 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Don't try to catch a falling knife

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

But it's okay, if you have diamond hands.

#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

They are on sale at Ali-express . But It could be a 2019 model .. not sure

Oh, sweet. Mine didn't seem to be working right anyway.

#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This shit running on Binance? How the hell do I get BNB (for gas, presumably) without spending 50 bucks (Atomic Wallet), or having access to Binance at all since US/TX/No VPN. Really about to say to hell with it all and get a VPN...at least I know my roommate/sorta-landlord would be in on that, and willing to do the dirty work. :p

You can buy CAKE on Binance or KuCoin. If you don't have access to either, you can also buy CAKE directly on Pancakeswap with another token you have in your wallet, and it'll auto convert down the chain for you. So if you have USDT, it'll auto-swap your USDT > BNB > CAKE.

My process in Canada, is to send fiat to Newton/Shakepay, buy LTC or BTC respectively, then send that to Binance and swap for BNB. Send the BNB to my Metamask wallet on the BSC network, then swap for CAKE, then stake it.

If you don't have access to Binance, you can swap your fiat for USDT or whatever other token, send that token on the BSC network to your wallet, then swap for CAKE, and stake it.

Hopefully that helps a little. If not, here's CryptoDad explaining how to do it specifically in the US.

#2820 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm a fan of dollar-cost averaging that knife on the way down. Just a few chunks of change at a time.

#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

you can also buy CAKE directly on Pancakeswap with another token you have in your wallet, and it'll auto convert down the chain for you. So if you have USDT, it'll auto-swap your USDT > BNB > CAKE.

Anytime I've tried to do anything on PS, it's wanting to charge me BNB for the transaction fee. Is there something specific to USDT *specifically* in this equation?

Quoted from Soulstoner:

send that token on the BSC network to your wallet, then swap for CAKE

This requires BNB for gas fee. Ask me how I know. I sent the USDC I planned to use to swap for CAKE, sent it to BSC, so now it's in my BSC wallet in Metamask, but I can't do anything WITH it, because I have no BNB to pay the transaction fees, nor apparently any direct way of getting BNB without either buying 50 bucks worth through my Atomic Wallet (which honestly isn't THAT big of a deal, it's just fucking annoying when I only need a few bucks at most for transaction fees), or brokering an off-exchange deal with someone to purchase a small amount.

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Anytime I've tried to do anything on PS, it's wanting to charge me BNB for the transaction fee. Is there something specific to USDT *specifically* in this equation?

This requires BNB for gas fee. Ask me how I know. I sent the USDC I planned to use to swap for CAKE, sent it to BSC, so now it's in my BSC wallet in Metamask, but I can't do anything WITH it, because I have no BNB to pay the transaction fees, nor apparently any direct way of getting BNB without either buying 50 bucks worth through my Atomic Wallet (which honestly isn't THAT big of a deal, it's just fucking annoying when I only need a few bucks at most for transaction fees), or brokering an off-exchange deal with someone to purchase a small amount.

Yes, you're right, you'll need some BNB for transaction fees. I always keep .1BNB on hand for such things, but if it's a struggle to get in the first place, I can see why it might put you off.

#2823 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Nice one!

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Yes, you're right, you'll need some BNB for transaction fees. I always keep .1BNB on hand for such things, but if it's a struggle to get in the first place, I can see why it might put you off.

Well....at the very least I've backed myself into a corner now. If I want my USDC back, or to do anything with it, I'll have no choice but to get some BNB.

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

[quoted image]

Thanks, I'll have to do some reading. I'm not too keen on just sending my crypto to a random pool and then hoping they not only pay me interest, but give me my initial deposit back.

Anyone else doing this with CAKE and getting 100%? Has anyone tried to get their stuff out?

#2826 2 years ago

Anybody following AXS?
Been running up all week.

#2827 2 years ago

Axs ripping.
Should have thrown more in.

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So true. The history of the major coins is 100% this: everyone with patience eventually wins big. These look like sale prices to me...

#2829 2 years ago

Seen on Twitter; verified by Google - Transactions per second:

Visa - 1700
Master Card - 5000

Bitcoin on Lighting - 25,000,000

#2830 2 years ago

The lighting network a few years ago:
20210715_111530 (resized).jpg20210715_111530 (resized).jpg

The lighting network today:
20210715_111535 (resized).jpg20210715_111535 (resized).jpg

#2831 2 years ago

Elvira has the crystal ball

82106E4F-0BF7-4A5E-85E5-E67D32E374AB (resized).png82106E4F-0BF7-4A5E-85E5-E67D32E374AB (resized).png
#2832 2 years ago

the mea culpa from the Doge founder was really eye-opening.

#2833 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Ehh, I disagree.
He says crypto is controlled by a small group of elitists? Show me any major system that doesn't have a vocal group claiming that's the case for (the banking system, the stock market, political systems, religious groups, etc). Its one of the main things people claim if they are unhappy with a system or feel its not fair.
It sounds like he is mad that his cypto that he created as a joke, got really popular based on mass hype and little else. A lot of people in crypto agree with him that doge blowing up was a bad thing, but more so because it paints all crypto as pump and dumps with little utility. He also admits that he sold all his doge six years ago. Maybe he's just bummed that he sold his bag way too early, and that just made him even more bitter about crypto.
Crypto is still in its early stages, and its going to have believers who feel their supporting something in its infancy stages and will be rewarded when it grows into something much more. And its also going to have it doubters, who will shout from the rooftops that its controlled by a small group of elitist and that its just a system to drive an even bigger gap between the wealthy and the poor. And its also going to have some chill people in the middle, who may grab a little bit, just to put in their back pocket, relax and check back in on in a few year.
Right now, and likely for the next few years, we will all just have to wait and see who ends up right.

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Ehh, I disagree.
He says crypto is controlled by a small group of elitists? Show me any major system that doesn't have a vocal group claiming that's the case for (the banking system, the stock market, political systems, religious groups, etc). Its one of the main things people claim if they are unhappy with a system or feel its not fair.
It sounds like he is mad that his cypto that he created as a joke, got really popular based on mass hype and little else. A lot of people in crypto agree with him that doge blowing up was a bad thing, but more so because it paints all crypto as pump and dumps with little utility. He also admits that he sold all his doge six years ago. Maybe he's just bummed that he sold his bag way too early, and that just made him even more bitter about crypto.
Crypto is still in its early stages, and its going to have believers who feel their supporting something in its infancy stages and will be rewarded when it grows into something much more. And its also going to have it doubters, who will shout from the rooftops that its controlled by a small group of elitist and that its just a system to drive an even bigger gap between the wealthy and the poor. And its also going to have some chill people in the middle, who may grab a little bit, just to put in their back pocket, relax and check back in on in a few year.
Right now, and likely for the next few years, we will all just have to wait and see who ends up right.

Without regulation, the space is almost certainly at the mercy of major whales/institutions manipulating the price. Can we say for sure? No. But, like everything else in this world, money is power, and those with the money/power, have control. Crypto is no different.

I am a believer in the blockchain, and absolutely see this being the future, but we have a lot to work out first. From shit coins, rug pulls, and market manipulation.

Something big is coming for the stock markets. Something real bad. It's another bubble that's about to pop, and I think this massive dip/bear market we're in is a direct result of these large institutions withdrawing their capital and playing the markets up and down, shaking out the paper hands to hedge against it.

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Anytime someone uses the word "cartel" my alarms go off. He came off sounding like a conspiracy theorist. Not saying he 100% wrong...but he did a shit job of backing up his assertions.

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Anytime someone uses the word "cartel" my alarms go off.

Every time I have seen the word "cartel" it had either "oil" or "drug" in front of it.

#2837 2 years ago

If the $30k support level cracks (which it most likely will), the next projected major support level is $23k from what I'm reading.

It's been a slow bleed for awhile now, with no end in sight. For the first time since 2017, I'm regretting HODLing.

#2838 2 years ago

If the $30k support level cracks (which it most likely will), the next projected major support level is $23k from what I'm reading.
It's been a slow bleed for awhile now, with no end in sight. For the first time since 2017, I'm regretting HODLing.

Surely you must be up massively overall if you've been in the game since 2017?

This sortof reads to me like you're upset because you're only in a position where you're like 250% up instead of 400% or something. Sorry if that's a misreading of your position.

Call me when you bought in circa February of this year, when BTC was ~$55k etc....

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Surely you must be up massively overall if you've been in the game since 2017?

I'm up, but wouldn't call it massive. It was "pretty damn good" about 45 days ago. Now it's just "alright".

#2840 2 years ago

I'm up, but wouldn't call it massive. It was "pretty damn good" about 45 days ago. Now it's just "alright".

Fair enough.. I guess everyone's pain is relative.

I've been ~45% down since probably mid April, since everything started falling apart. Today I'm a solid 50% down. It is money I had mentally made peace with losing 100% of, but it still stings.

Unless there's some wizardry available I'm not sure what many of us can do at this point. I feel more disillusioned about things than I did when everything was on the up and up - naturally - but in some respects not really being able to get out of my position is oddly comforting. I have to HODL because otherwise I'm giving in.

#2841 2 years ago

Bitcoins mining hash rate has started to recover and is going back up. Right now the effect of the mass exodus from China stings, but in a few months when the mining rate is back to where it was and we no longer rely so much on China’s mining (and the constant fud it brings) things are going to be in a much better place moving forward. I’m fine with holding now because there’s a lot of positives coming (not just the mining relocation and distribution).

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Anytime someone uses the word "cartel" my alarms go off. He came off sounding like a conspiracy theorist. Not saying he 100% wrong...but he did a shit job of backing up his assertions.

Don't really think he needs to, given his position and experience. YMMV of course.

#2843 2 years ago

Us newbies (joined in at ATH) are not down from profits but at big losses! Yet I stay positive and just wait.

#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Don't really think he needs to, given his position and experience. YMMV of course.

That's what I was thinking. While there may be some truth to him being alarmist, he has way more experience and knowledge on the subject than probably anyone in this thread. It would seem odd that he would completely wash his hands of crypto without a valid reason. It would not be unlikely that where there is money, the rich and power hungry will step in and manipulate it to their advantage. That is usually the case. We also can't pretend that many of those 'transactions' aren't under the table grey or flat out black. Also, is there any distinction given as to transactions that are just flipping between coins/fiat?

#2845 2 years ago

If it doesn’t hold 32 for cme close. I’ll probably open a short this weekend.

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If it doesn’t hold 32 for cme close. I’ll probably open a short this weekend.

I was reading an article yesterday from someone saying that on the 10 year, BTC generally has been the opposite of the market. I know that in daily/weekly that certainly doesn't appear to be the case. With the ever impending market correction that should be coming, it will be interesting to see if this actually is true (meaning, initially a large downside to crypto, and then massive gains as the market continues to fall).

#2847 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Call me when you bought in circa February of this year, when BTC was ~$55k etc....

Yup... I'm down on almost my entirety of 2021 purchases.

#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Thus.. why I’m “dying” inside not having more funds to buy this dip.

#2849 2 years ago

I made up for losses buy riding some waves. The OG investment is still there with a loss but the gains on the dips have pretty much evened out. I’m hoping this latest dip pays off. Everything is hovering rn

#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Wondering if there could be a dead cat bounce effect. Alot of people are in your shoes, praying for a comeback. If that happens, will the mentality be that ive had enough of this volatility and im getting out now that I'm even or my losses or tolerable. Or will it lead to a sustainable rally. Will you look to add to your holdings or breath a sigh of relief? I found that my constitution couldn't take the daily volatility of day trading even though i was making money.

There are 8,071 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 162.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/57?hl=soulstoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.