(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 166.
#2701 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Not sure if that was meant for me or Taylor, but yep I knew that. Though I’m trying to articulate my point as I’m half asleep, so maybe it came across poorly lol.

Yeah that was directed at Taylor…didn’t see you had posted in between.

#2702 2 years ago

Lots of shorts being put up on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano today, and likely others too. I'm thinking this might result in a bit of a rocky weekend, though most weekends have seen a bit of a drop lately anyway.

Hopefully. I’m buying chunks at the big dips and selling at a reasonable increase. I’m not HODL’n anything except deez nuts

#2703 2 years ago

Right now that’s a strategy I would use too . Looks like lots of big whale party pumps & dumps within the range , which slowly creeps lower every week ..

#2704 2 years ago

If you disregard hindsight then staking makes sense as a “I don’t know what I really want to do, so I’ll HODL and ride it out” strategy. You’re adding more to your pot that you’ve already decided is committed.

The problem with the argument against staking and just playing the market instead is that it assumes that past returns are an indicator of future returns, which is like the first thing you’re told not to follow in traditional investments.

If we could all predict to a certainty the dips, even the small ones, then you’d make a fortune just buying and selling at the right time. As we don’t have the power - staking, earning interest, is essentially a sure fire thing in uncertain times.

I just wish staking was available on Coinbase. All my crypto stuff is on there, I’m not on any other websites, so can’t do anything with my ETH, ADA, etc (I thought staking ETH was available on Coinbase, but I don’t see any option to do it).

#2705 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

If you disregard hindsight then staking makes sense as a “I don’t know what I really want to do, so I’ll HODL and ride it out” strategy. You’re adding more to your pot that you’ve already decided is committed.
The problem with the argument against staking and just playing the market instead is that it assumes that past returns are an indicator of future returns, which is like the first thing you’re told not to follow in traditional investments.
If we could all predict to a certainty the dips, even the small ones, then you’d make a fortune just buying and selling at the right time. As we don’t have the power - staking, earning interest, is essentially a sure fire thing in uncertain times.
I just wish staking was available on Coinbase. All my crypto stuff is on there, I’m not on any other websites, so can’t do anything with my ETH, ADA, etc (I thought staking ETH was available on Coinbase, but I don’t see any option to do it).

Very true , you can never be sure on predicting dips etc .. then we’d all be millionaires

If you transfer your ada/eth to a hardware wallet , trezor or so , you can stake there and be sure your coins are in your possesion with keys

#2706 2 years ago

Is it me or did Coinbase fees go up. Man BOHICA is full effect

#2707 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Most cryptos are not going to make it. Probably over 90% will fail.

Quoted from cait001:

We need a timeline for that prediction though.

For those odd cryptos that may fail, maybe it's best to get your money In and Out in a short time frame?
Darn! Now all of a sudden I'm hungry for a burger.

#2708 2 years ago

No clue what 'BarnBridge' is but I love answering 3 stupid questions and having Coinbase send me .00009358 Bitcoin.

Life changing monies!

#2709 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I'm staking ETH on Coinbase. Don't know if that was a limited time offer? But that would be weird if it was

#2710 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm staking ETH on Coinbase. Don't know if they was a limited time offer? But that would be weird if it was

I see no option to do it, have looked everywhere. From what I found online you had to sign up to a waiting list to do it - but I can’t even find that.

#2711 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I see no option to do it, have looked everywhere. From what I found online you had to sign up to a waiting list to do it - but I can’t even find that.

I've been very happy with Kraken. Staking ETH and DOT there.

#2712 2 years ago

2E8D66D3-751F-44D6-A02F-54763676E920 (resized).png2E8D66D3-751F-44D6-A02F-54763676E920 (resized).png

I know the fed has been bad talking tether lately, so I’m not sure if this is people getting spooked about holding tether, or this is new buyers coming in, but either way, not a bad thing to see today.

#2713 2 years ago

Binance is pulling out of Ontario and probably Japan.

#2714 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Binance is pulling out of Ontario and probably Japan.

Aren't they in China also?

#2715 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Aren't they in China also?

I think they were headquartered in Hong Kong and moved to Malta, but I’m not 100% positive.

#2716 2 years ago

I'm curious as to people’s opinion here: (I haven’t had a chance to read through this thread)

I’d love to hear peoples opinion as to whether or not we will see a new all time high this year?

I bought into bitcoin and a selection of quality alts (e.g sol, ada, matic, ksm, dot etc) when bitcoin was in the 40k-42k price range. Bitcoin is significantly down now and the alts are faring much worse. My plan is to HODL until around December. Once December comes around, I’m going to need to withdraw my original capital.

I fear we may have reached the top and are now on the way down for a prolonged bear market. I was so bullish that, by December, I would have made some nice gains, but now have serious doubts. Your thoughts?

#2717 2 years ago

It probably depends who you ask. There’s a lot of people here who are sure we’re going to see Bitcoin hit 10k and alts get destroyed. And you have others that are sure that Bitcoin will be 100k by Christmas and alts will be setting new all time highs. Some of those opinions will be based on past trends and current charting data. And some of those opinions will be based on how much or little crypto they currently hold.
I personally think things will turn around this year yet. We still have half of 2021 to go. A lot of signs point towards things turning around (I won’t list them all here at this time though). But I’m also invested, so maybe my view is biased lol.

#2718 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I'm curious as to people’s opinion here: (I haven’t had a chance to read through this thread)
I’d love to hear peoples opinion as to whether or not we will see a new all time high this year?
I bought into bitcoin and a selection of quality alts (e.g sol, ada, matic, ksm, dot etc) when bitcoin was in the 40k-42k price range. Bitcoin is significantly down now and the alts are faring much worse. My plan is to HODL until around December. Once December comes around, I’m going to need to withdraw my original capital.
I fear we may have reached the top and are now on the way down for a prolonged bear market. I was so bullish that, by December, I would have made some nice gains, but now have serious doubts. Your thoughts?

BTC will be at or above your buy-in price range by the end of August, or I'll send you $100 worth of BTC. I don't think I'll be sending you anything...but, I've been wrong before.

#2719 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

BTC will be at or above your buy-in price range by the end of August, or I'll send you $100 worth of BTC. I don't think I'll be sending you anything...but, I've been wrong before.

Fingers crossed lol

#2720 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You don’t come across as a gambling man at all . How many bets have you got going by now ?

Perfect attitude for crypto though

#2721 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

You don’t come across as a gambling man at all . How many bets have you got going by now ?
Perfect attitude for crypto though

I actually have zero bets going...well besides that fun one I just made. That was basically a bet with myself, just to see how well I'm reading the macro "tea leaves". Of course, any unexpected major event could throw off my prediction.

When I go to Vegas...I don't gamble. Well besides playing some poker...which I do not consider pure gambling. I've made more money in poker then I've ever lost. Besides that, I go to shows and out to eat...never stuck my own dime in a machine.

#2722 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I actually have zero bets going...well besides that fun one I just made. That was basically a bet with myself, just to see how well I'm reading the macro "tea leaves". Of course, any unexpected major event could throw off my prediction.
When I go to Vegas...I don't gamble. Well besides playing some poker...which I do not consider pure gambling. I've made more money in poker then I've ever lost. Besides that, I go to shows and out to eat...never stuck my own dime in a machine.

All good , it was a little poke . was referring to your “ bet “ a few weeks ago with someone claiming btc wouldnt hit 100k 1st Jan 2022 for x amount of btc you’d give them if it would not

Poker is a skill game of measuring your odds , I can fully agree with that

#2723 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

All good , it was a little poke . was referring to your “ bet “ a few weeks ago with someone claiming btc wouldnt hit 100k 1st Jan 2022 for x amount of btc you’d give them if it would not

Except, no one ever took me up on that. A lot of chatter, but no actual bet made.

#2724 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Except, no one ever took me up on that. A lot of chatter, but no actual bet made.

My counterbet still stands.

#2725 2 years ago

We're all gamblers on this ride.

zzBitcoin-performance 2 (resized).jpgzzBitcoin-performance 2 (resized).jpg

(I like how Bitcoin is calmly holding her hand)

#2726 2 years ago

Wow...I dunno what's going on with IRON/TITANIUM other than some extreme speculation (of a dead coin that can't be fixed by the developers......???? Yeah.), but I got rid of my 577 million TITAN this morning for all of 74 bucks, assuming the swap transaction went through. Didn't have time to verify fully before I had to leave for work, heh. In the end, I'll end up making next to nothing, and losing nothing, but it was a fun learning experience in doing crypto swaps.

#2727 2 years ago

Yeah so for whatever reason my transaction did NOT go through this morning....

Just checked QuickSwap? Apparently the price kept going up all day...so instead of 74 bucks, I just got 135.68. So....more or less 200% gains for me after fees and whatnot. I have no idea why people are buying TITAN, but whatever. I was resigned to the loss of all of it from the moment I bought it, this is a nice surprise.

#2728 2 years ago

I love when everything is green... except...

Screenshot_20210628-211026_Samsung capture (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210628-211026_Samsung capture (resized).jpg

#2729 2 years ago
#2730 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I love when everything is green... except...

Now we just need everything to essentially double and we can get back to what we were doing.

#2731 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Now we just need everything to essentially double and we can get back to what we were doing.

Just wait...

#2732 2 years ago

4 positive days of growth in all my crypto accounts... I like where this seems to be headed.

#2733 2 years ago

There's definitely been a lot more positive news and atmosphere lately. Banks are getting on board, businesses are adding it to the portfolios in droves, mining groups in North and South America are stepping up to pick up the slack from less mining groups in China, and making attempts to use greener energy too. Things are looking good for crypto, though I imagine the road will still be a bumpy one for a while yet haha.

#2734 2 years ago

There's definitely been a lot more positive news and atmosphere lately. Banks are getting on board, businesses are adding it to the portfolios in droves, mining groups in North and South America are stepping up to pick up the slack from less mining groups in China, and making attempts to use greener energy too. Things are looking good for crypto, though I imagine the road will still be a bumpy one for a while yet haha.

For this bull run I am a little "late" in the game. If your statement is somewhat true, which I also believe it could be a little longer for tail end of the bull run, that will "buy" me some time to do more DCA over my next few paychecks.

Now, daycare costs are picking up when school returns. Ugh... this sucks defining your worth in salary pay.

#2735 2 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

For this bull run I am a little "late" in the game. If your statement is somewhat true, which I also believe it could be a little longer for tail end of the bull run, that will "buy" me some time to do more DCA over my next few paychecks.
Now, daycare costs are picking up when school returns. Ugh... this sucks defining your worth in salary pay.

Never let a salary define your worth

EC56C736-5AEE-4D94-A250-0D4D36E992E2 (resized).jpegEC56C736-5AEE-4D94-A250-0D4D36E992E2 (resized).jpeg
#2736 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Never let a salary define your worth
[quoted image]

Thats right. Your worth is based on the total value of your pinball collection

#2737 2 years ago

can I ask a potentially dumb question here? What does it look like from a tech standpoint when a cryptocoin "fails"?
Is there ever an end state? Or does it just essentially get valued so low no one bothers to mine it and/or process transactions of that type, and it enters a kind of "zombie" state? Or is there some infrastructure that gets disabled effectively ending it's existence? Given the distributed nature, is no coin ever "truly" dead?

#2738 2 years ago

Interesting...the Elon Doge tweet didn't pump Doge.

#2739 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

can I ask a potentially dumb question here? What does it look like from a tech standpoint when a cryptocoin "fails"?
Is there ever an end state? Or does it just essentially get valued so low no one bothers to mine it and/or process transactions of that type, and it enters a kind of "zombie" state? Or is there some infrastructure that gets disabled effectively ending it's existence? Given the distributed nature, is no coin ever "truly" dead?

https://www.livecoinwatch.com/price/IRONTitaniumToken-_TITAN

Been trying to figure that out for a few weeks now. There's no logical explanation of why this coin is still around, but people are still buying and selling it. What does it do at this point? Hell if I know.

#2740 2 years ago

Is there quorum requirements to cryptocoin aside from ledgers? or can it exist in a vacuum? Is an exchange required for it to be 'valid'?

#2741 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Little boy who cried doge...

Only works a couple times.

#2742 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Because he wasn't tweeting about Doge... he was tweeting about Baby Doge (yet another dog meme coin).

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 4.15.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-01 at 4.15.15 PM (resized).png
#2743 2 years ago

To the baby moon!

524AA8E1-7939-402B-8370-9ADE319D2E10 (resized).jpeg524AA8E1-7939-402B-8370-9ADE319D2E10 (resized).jpeg
#2744 2 years ago

Some decent news for Cardano today:

greyscale1 (resized).JPGgreyscale1 (resized).JPG

greyscale (resized).jpggreyscale (resized).jpg

#2745 2 years ago

So does that mean everyone is rich now?

#2746 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So does that mean everyone is rich now?

Only if you bought 1,000,000,000,000 pre-tweet Baby Doge.

#2747 2 years ago

BarnBridge (BOND) Dropped on Coinbase Earn if anyone wants $3 for free.

#2748 2 years ago

Overall it’s been a decent weekend so far.
I’m debating buying a bit of AGIX and a bit of ALGO. Anyone here own either and want to share their thoughts? AGIX I’ve been eying for a while, ALGO is a newer one to my radar.

#2749 2 years ago

Overall it’s been a decent weekend so far.
I’m debating buying a bit of AGIX and a bit of ALGO. Anyone here own either and want to share their thoughts? AGIX I’ve been eying for a while, ALGO is a newer one to my radar.

I’m in on ALGO at $1.13 (unfortunately) but have been considering adding to my position. It’s a native blockchain, decent amount of development and a supply of 3.1 billion. It’s also proof of stake so no one is going to start whining about its power consumption.

You can get 4% on Coinbase. Not as good as something like DOT or SNX, but 4% is 4%. Unless you’re like some people around here and don’t like free money. Just playin’.

I’m in on a few native blockchains. They are something I think can pay off under the right circumstances. All they need is one bad ass DApp that people can’t live without and you’re going to get paid. On the other hand, no one jumps on the band wagon and you’re holding the stick.

#2750 2 years ago

I decided to grab a little bit of ATOM. Only $300 worth but it’s another one of those native blockchains like ALGO. I had a few from before and it’s down about 50% from where I bought it so I though I’d grab more.

It earns 5% on Coinbase so I’ll be raking in a whopping $15/year.

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.