(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,253 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by JohnTTwo
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 166.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

It is but I really track the Btc price. I flipped it 4 times today and am up 27% so far and sold at 60.25 and will buy during the afternoon sell off hopefully. Have you been in riot for a while? What a great performer!

Every time you sell BTC at a profit it creates a tax event. That would become a pain to keep track off. Not to mention paying short term capital gains really reduces any profit made. All of that in addition to it possibly just going up after you sell.

#202 3 years ago

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That would become a pain to keep track off.

That tracking software I put a referral link to earlier in the thread would make it easy. You can just do a dump from your account. Or even setup an API call to do it automatically.

I do agree 100% about capital gains sucking up a lot of the proceeds which is really why I don’t do it. I watch some of these coins so much that I almost know exactly when they are going to move and in which direction. I could play $1-$2 swings all day long in some of the alts.

#204 3 years ago

Astro, not sure if you're living in Canada but here we have a TFSA or tax free savings account. I am buying and selling Riot stock within this vehicle so any gains are tax free and any losses can not be written off.

The small amount of Bitcoin I do hold will be taxed because it is in a separate account. I don't buy/sell those I just hold.

#205 3 years ago

Btc blew past 50k.
Onward ho!

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone doing any staking? I'm staking XTZ on Coinbase at 4.63% and DOT at 12% on Kraken.
I hold some SNX, which I know you can use to mint sUSD, but I'm confused at how it works and what I'd actually do with the sUSD. Anyone staking SNX around here?
https://synthetix.community/docs/staking-strategies
I especially like the Hyper-Aggressive strategy at the bottom. Stake SNX, mint sUSD and use the minted sUSD to buy more SNX. Use the SNX you just purchased to mint more sUSD.
Talk about leverage. I'd be scared out of my brain doing something like that with mine!

Celsius wallet pays 13.99% staking for SNX! Highly recommended!

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Well, I did it. I bought into Ada. I only bought about 1/5 of what I would like to spend, so if it dips down I can buy as it goes.

I love Cardano/ADA! It’s projected to go upwards of $9 this year! Plus roughly 6% for staking rewards paid in $ADA every 5 days(Epoch), can’t beat it!

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Celsius wallet pays 13.99% staking for SNX! Highly recommended!

Do tell.

Any links? Have you done it?

It doesn't look like it's the most straight forward thing to do....

https://blog.synthetix.io/what-you-need-to-know-before-staking-snx-for-the-first-time/

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I've been verified...took a couple/few weeks. But I haven't used it yet...been too focused on BTC and ETH which I can just buy on Coinbase Pro. I have also been using Swan Bitcoin for DCA buying of Bitcoin. Works great, fee's arent bad and they will transfer to your hard wallet for no additional fee.

Swan is great for DCA, & larger wire transfer purchases of BTC too.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I used to have that same fear...but it's less and less and time goes by. Why? Becasue institutional money is buying in. Who do you think all these institutions manage money for....lawmakers would certainly be included. These people are not going to F themselves out of profits. Make no mistake Bitcoin (all crypto) will get regulated. But that will be a boon for Bitcoin...more regulation means even more institutional money coming in. It will give Bitcoin "legitimacy". Bitcoin won't replace fiat...CBDC's will do that. Bitcoin will (and is) replacing gold and many other forms of "store of value" assets. It will become the
"de-facto" safe haven asset used to protect profits against inflation.
We will soon (few years at most) be at a point where banning BTC would crash the stock market...obviously they won't let that happen. How would it crash the market? More companies are buying in every week. They are using Bitcoin to hold some of their profits. We have already seen what happens to a companies stock when this becomes public...their stock goes up. If BTC got banned their stock would tank...this of course would chain reaction across the market affecting companies that are not even in the crypto market. Doesn't take much for people to panic sell and create a market crash...we've seen it before.
Regulation will happen...outright banning (in the US) will not. Just wait until the first central bank buys in and then see what happens.
Everyone thinks BTC is too expensive...this is still EARLY. Bitcoin will surpass 300k after the next halving. The halving after that...500k-1Mil.

Agreed! But why so Bearish? $300k this year, $800k-$1.5mil in 5 years, possibly less. Super cycle might be what is brewing right now! We’ll see. IT IS Early in the Lifecycle of BTC! The price action is going to melt faces!

#211 3 years ago

Curious, since it appears my final "authorization" will never be completed on Binance, what is everyone using to buy Cardarno?? I use Coinbase and would like something similar where I don't have to jump through hoops to purchase crypto. Would like something I can just link my bank account to and purchase. Don't want to be required to buy BTC, then use it to buy other crypto on a different brokerage etc, or use some high fee middle man site etc.

#212 3 years ago

Do tell.
https://blog.synthetix.io/what-you-need-to-know-before-staking-snx-for-the-first-time/

You can get Celsius from the App Store or Android too. Download set up you account & off you go!
Here’s a great informative link on Celsius

#213 3 years ago

Do tell.

Quoted from Irishbastard:

Curious, since it appears my final "authorization" will never be completed on Binance, what is everyone using to buy Cardarno?? I use Coinbase and would like something similar where I don't have to jump through hoops to purchase crypto. Would like something I can just link my bank account to and purchase. Don't want to be required to buy BTC, then use it to buy other crypto on a different brokerage etc, or use some high fee middle man site etc.

Crypto.com 1-3 you’ll be setup & buying. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/crypto-com-buy-bitcoin-now/id1262148500

#214 3 years ago

Just looked at it in the Google app store, many one star reviews saying either people are stock in the "verification" process, or money transfers are stuck in limbo....not very promising

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Confused about how the value comes into play with all cyptro currency
Dont you think that Botcoin ,being the only one you can use to buy anything is the only one that most likely would succeed ? The end game is another world currency will take over the current goverments "Gold thats not really their"currencies. Other them being a miner you have to use current currency to buy any and when you sell it you get current currency back. So why cant I use any cyptro to buy food,gas or pay my electric bill if its worth cash.
So the way I understand it so far is we are just gambling that the world current currency will crash and become worthless and the only thing we can buy food with is cyptro that has no real backing but the current cash we have put into it today ????
This is like learning all the rules on POTC lol

It’s the hardest asset ever created with a hard cap limited supply. It’s also a monetary digital network, that has a network effect, ie Facebook. The world has never seen anything like it!!

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

You can get Celsius from the App Store or Android too. Download set up you account & off you go!
Here’s a great informative link on Celsius

Have you done it? I could be making a few hundred a month, but it looks like one of those "too good to be true" things. Someone's going to give me 13% for staking my crypto? I'm not a huge fan of it sitting in their wallet either.....

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thinking about going in on LINK or buying more XLM

Link

Quoted from Astropin:

Bitcoin is the opposite of stocks. When stocks get really high you know at some point they are coming down. But with BTC...the higher the value goes the more secure and the more attractive it gets as a Store of Value. There are some big companies waiting to buy Bitcoin. Why are they waiting? Because Bitcoin's market cap is not big enough for them to purchase it according to their bylaws. Guess what happens when it gets there. Bitcoin will eventually slow down...in the future. But, it could literally keep growing forever.

1000% True! FEW understand this.

#218 3 years ago

Just looked at it in the Google app store, many one star reviews saying either people are stock in the "verification" process, or money transfers are stuck in limbo....not very promising

It’s because of the way that you link your bank to it. It’s more difficult/different than the others. You have to manually do it (video walks you through it) I’ve been using it for over 6 months, no issues.

#219 3 years ago

Have you done it? I could be making a few hundred a month, but it looks like one of those "too good to be true" things. Someone's going to give me 13% for staking my crypto? I'm not a huge fan of it sitting in their wallet either.....

Yes, I started a account a little over a week ago. I put a portion of my holding in: BTC,SNX,ETH,LINK all pay different rates. This is a screen shot after one week. Interest is paid weekly!

0E53C923-19EC-4E3B-B737-EEFA4C925260 (resized).jpeg0E53C923-19EC-4E3B-B737-EEFA4C925260 (resized).jpeg
#220 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Yes, I started a account a little over a week ago. I put a portion of my holding in: BTC,SNX,ETH,LINK all pay different rates. This is a screen shot after one week. Interest is paid weekly!
[quoted image]

Looks like if I take CEL as a payout for my SNX staking, they give you 18.55%. If you take SNX, you get 13.99%.

I'm sure you can imagine someone being skeptical. That's just insanity.

#221 3 years ago

It is!! What’s even more insane, is that we’ve been conditioned to feel “safe” with the fractional banking system & in a fiat currency that is currently debasing at 15% a year! Celsius appears to be very secure, & haven’t seen any bad press on it. I’ve only been using their wallet for a little over a week, but I’m impressed! Research it & make your own best decision.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It is!! What’s even more insane, is that we’ve been conditioned to feel “safe” with the fractional banking system & in a fiat currency that is currently debasing at 15% a year! Celsius appears to be very secure, & haven’t seen any bad press on it. I’ve only been using their wallet for a little over a week, but I’m impressed! Research it & make your own best decision.

Did you have any issues transferring your ERC-20 tokens with having to manually edit the gas fees? My SNX is sitting on Coinbase right now. It appears as though you're looking at $50+ in gas fees due to the complexity of their contract.

#223 3 years ago

I haven’t been on Pinside in awhile, I found this thread, & read through it. I’ve made the comments I wanted to make, I’ll now stop hijacking this thread!

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I haven’t been on Pinside in awhile, I found this thread, & read through it. I’ve made the comments I wanted to make, I’ll now stop hijacking this thread!

EDIT-> Can you send me a referral code? I'm not 100% onboard yet, but I'm getting close.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

No definitely don't do that! That's the reason this thread exists. I would have never known that I could be getting paid for doing what I'm already doing, which is just sitting here watching the price of my crypto. Who knew!

#226 3 years ago

Did you have any issues transferring your ERC-20 tokens with having to manually edit the gas fees? My SNX is sitting on Coinbase right now. It appears as though you're looking at $50+ in gas fees due to the complexity of their contract.

I transferred my SNX from Coinbase as well. I just looked, I paid .278 SNX to transfer 110 SNX

#227 3 years ago

No definitely don't do that! That's the reason this thread exists. I would have never known that I could be getting paid for doing what I'm already doing, which is just sitting here watching the price of my crypto. Who knew!

BTC is “volatile” they say. When you zoom out, look left, it Appreciates at 200% on average a year for the past 10 years! Thats better than Any & All stocks! Then you can hold it in a digital wallet and earn 6% on top of the 200% a year it appreciates. What!!??

#228 3 years ago

EDIT-> Can you send me a referral code? I'm not 100% onboard yet, but I'm getting close.

PMd it.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I love Cardano/ADA! It’s projected to go upwards of $9 this year! Plus roughly 6% for staking rewards paid in $ADA every 5 days(Epoch), can’t beat it!

I love the optimism! I was thinking/hoping it would hit around $3 this year, but I’ll gladly take $9 instead lol.
My plan is to stake it for the long haul too. It’s really easy to do and is rewarding. Plus I really like Cardano’s drive and plans for the future.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I love the optimism! I was thinking/hoping it would hit around $3 this year, but I’ll gladly take $9 instead lol.
My plan is to stake it for the long haul too. It’s really easy to do and is rewarding. Plus I really like Cardano’s drive and plans for the future.

It’ll be $3 before July! “Not financial advice”

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Every time you sell BTC at a profit it creates a tax event. That would become a pain to keep track off. Not to mention paying short term capital gains really reduces any profit made. All of that in addition to it possibly just going up after you sell.

Yes!
My response:

#232 3 years ago

Thanks. I sent 50 SNX just as a test. I'm a little confused by the fees though. Coinbase said it was 0.25 SNX (~$5.95 ), but if I look at the etherscan.io transaction, it says 0.01194 ETH ($21.67), so I'm not really sure.

Actually debited from my Coinbase account was 50.2528 SNX, so I'm not sure where the $21.67 comes from, but I'll deal with $6 to make 13%.

Do I need to do anything now that it's in my Celsius account? I don't see a stake or lend button anywhere.

#233 3 years ago

That $6 sounds about right. Nope it’s in your “wallet” on Celsius & you’ll receive that interest rate weekly for just holding in their wallet. Which for Synthetics is: 13.99%! It’ll be paid in SNX unless you choose otherwise. So, 13.99% on a network(SNX) that is more than likely going to 5-10x this year. Nice!

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

That $6 sounds about right. Nope it’s in your “wallet” on Celsius & you’ll receive that interest rate weekly for just holding in their wallet. Which for Synthetics is: 13.99%! It’ll be paid in SNX unless you choose otherwise. So, 13.99% on a network(SNX) that is more than likely going to 5-10x this year. Nice!

Looks like you can't choose to be paid in CEL if you're in the US, so I'll be stuck with only getting the 13.99%.

I'm considering dumping my LINK in there too. It's only 4.51%, but it's my biggest holding so anything is better than nothing.

My only issue with this is that I don't hold the keys. That's scary to me and something I've always been against. There does seem to be a pile of transparency with Celsius along with independent audits, SEC filings, articles of incorporation, etc. That's the main reason I'm game. Well, 13.99% isn't too shabby either.

#235 3 years ago

Kraken

#236 3 years ago

I use NDAX and its been great. I don't have to have my bank account linked, and I don't have to buy with BTC. I just send Canadian funds through an etransfer from my bank to my NDAX account, and from there use the funds to buy as I wish. It's the only exchange I've used though, so maybe its not as great as others. I'm happy with it though.

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Yes!
My response:

Zamp! I didn't know you were into crypto! We should talk sometime. I've been in since Sept of 2017. Still DCA buying.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Zamp! I didn't know you were into crypto! We should talk sometime. I've been in since Sept of 2017. Still DCA buying.

Absolutely, Anytime! You have my #. I’ve been in since 2019.

#239 3 years ago

Launches tomorrow.

83FA61C1-5AB8-4446-9D45-113CC6C1F010.jpeg83FA61C1-5AB8-4446-9D45-113CC6C1F010.jpeg
#240 3 years ago

Anybody own Compound (COMP)
Bought some around $161 it's now around 454
thinking about buying some more

#241 3 years ago

Picked AAVE over compound but similar tokens and prices. Good to have a DeFi platform in the portfolio.

#242 3 years ago

I see coinbase is about to start allowing Eth2.0 staking. Interesting to see how they will address the lockout from moving once in.

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Anybody own Compound (COMP)
Bought some around $161 it's now around 454
thinking about buying some more

I have a whopping 2.2 COMP that I bought on a whim last year sometime.

#244 3 years ago

Word of caution with Celsius. They are a crypto lender, and they loan crypto to various banks, organizations, businesses, and exchanges. They take crypto as collateral for those loans, but they also then loan out that collateral. (this is effectively the same type of lending that caused 2008 crash) If there is a crypto market crash, in this kind of lending, there is risk you could lose everything you have or that you would not be able to sell or move your crypto. I would do more research before you put a lot of crypto into Celsius. Food for thought.

"If it sounds too good to be true..."

edit: Directly from the Terms of Use

“In consideration for the rewards earned on your Account and the use of our Services, you grant Celsius the right … to pledge, re-pledge, hypothecate, rehypothecate, sell, lend or otherwise transfer or use any amount of such Digital Assets … for any period of time.”

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Word of caution with Celsius. They are a crypto lender, and they loan crypto to various banks, organizations, businesses, and exchanges. They take crypto as collateral for those loans, but they also then loan out that collateral. If there is a crypto market crash, in this kind of lending, there is risk you could lose everything you have or that you would not be able to sell or move your crypto. I would do more research before you put a lot of crypto into Celsius. Food for thought.

That’s why you do your own research, for sure. The video I posted above details everything, including lending & how interest is paid & that your $ is insured. I feel safer with Celsius than the big bank down the road doing fractional reserve banking. I hold about 20% of my crypto with Celsius, the rest I lost in a boating accident!

#246 3 years ago

You can push a button on your phone 24/7 365 & transfer that $ plus interest you earned at anytime.

#247 3 years ago

What is up with DOGE will it ever hit .10 or will it just fade away. Asking for a friend.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

What is up with DOGE will it ever hit .10 or will it just fade away. Asking for a friend.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one and staying away from it. It really has no utility at all and has no limit to its supply. I am not a fan of coins that don't provide utility (BTC excluded). I want something that has a finite supply and an actual use. Then hopefully one day, one of the projects will reach mass adoption because it solves some problem and I'll hit a home run.

#249 3 years ago

Can't link a bank account to Kraken I see, only bank wire transfer?

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Word of caution with Celsius. They are a crypto lender, and they loan crypto to various banks, organizations, businesses, and exchanges. They take crypto as collateral for those loans, but they also then loan out that collateral. (this is effectively the same type of lending that caused 2008 crash) If there is a crypto market crash, in this kind of lending, there is risk you could lose everything you have or that you would not be able to sell or move your crypto. I would do more research before you put a lot of crypto into Celsius. Food for thought.
edit: Directly from the Terms of Use
“In consideration for the rewards earned on your Account and the use of our Services, you grant Celsius the right … to pledge, re-pledge, hypothecate, rehypothecate, sell, lend or otherwise transfer or use any amount of such Digital Assets … for any period of time.”

Damnit f3honda4me ! I moved over about 13% of my holdings and now you're scaring me!

There are 8,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.