(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,170 posts
  • 229 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by taylor34
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240301-124124 (resized).png
20240229_085145 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240229_093420_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7633 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240219_112230_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-15 131040 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,170 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 164.
#1801 2 years ago

bought some more Bitcoin at 31
last buy was a year ago below 9
converted some of my other holdings to Bitcoin.

I am a long term investor that has been waiting to buy more
50% off highs seems ok to me - stuffing it in a vault and holding

#1802 2 years ago

Coinbase/Pro still down. Binance.us looks ok. ADA rebounding a bit...

#1803 2 years ago

The volatility is incredible. Traders must have a field day.

#1804 2 years ago

TO THE FUCKING MOON AGAIN BOYZ

#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

bought some more Bitcoin at 31
last buy was a year ago below 9
converted some of my other holdings to Bitcoin.
I am a long term investor that has been waiting to buy more
50% off highs seems ok to me - stuffing it in a vault and holding

Congrats! Wish I would've been in a position to catch ADA for $1 then sell for $1.50 20 minutes later, lol.

#1806 2 years ago

That’s one way to get Btc dominance up...

#1807 2 years ago

Ug. Have been sitting on the sidelines after that crash at the beginning of May knocked down my confidence, and now watching this fun. With all of the FOMO money washing out, it feels like it's going to be a long recovery this time. I know all the old hands are just fine, kicking back, buying more, etc. but it really hurts the newbies. If it's not a market newcomers feel safe in, it makes it a tough sell with slower growth. Might be awhile before that excitement returns.

IMG_3879 (resized).jpegIMG_3879 (resized).jpeg
#1808 2 years ago

Guys,

If your money is in crypto on the paypal app, pull it out now. Their quotes are behind by hours now, so I just sold my ETH at $2500 and BTC at $35,000 per coin while COINBASE and CNBC are quoting $31,000 and $1,900. In the end I put in $200 a few months a go and pulled out $250 this morning.

Also, the paypal app is trash for cyrpto.

Good luck!

#1809 2 years ago

Coinbase back up but their prices are WAY off from Binance.us. Not sure what's up with that....

#1810 2 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Ug. Have been sitting on the sidelines after that crash at the beginning of May knocked down my confidence, and now watching this fun. With all of the FOMO money washing out, it feels like it's going to be a long recovery this time. I know all the old hands are just fine, kicking back, buying more, etc. but it really hurts the newbies. If it's not a market newcomers feel safe in, it makes it a tough sell with slower growth. Might be awhile before that excitement returns.[quoted image]

Safe?
If you can’t take 50% losses you don’t deserve 200% gains.

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Safe?
If you can’t take 50% losses you don’t deserve 200% gains.

Depends on when you bought though, doesn't it?

#1812 2 years ago

It’s a general statement

#1813 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It’s a general statement

I get your point. Check out what the DOW did from 2000-2010. Literally nothing. Safe, I guess...

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It’s a general statement

So was mine. There are a finite amount of investors willing to throw money at speculative investments. And there are apparently a lot fewer of those this morning. Going to take longer to sell the crypto future when everything feels like a 15 minute fad driven by Twitter.

#1815 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Guys,
If your money is in crypto on the paypal app, pull it out now.

Why? I only have a little on Paypal... But why would I sell it now?

I'm not selling anything... I'm gathering funds to buy as much as I can. This isn't new. This is how I've made my largest gains.

P.S. I'm still up 296% on my ETH holdings.

#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm not selling anything... I'm gathering funds to buy as much as I can. This isn't new. This is how I've made my largest gains.

I don't know man, if you have upwards of $200 on PayPal GET OUT NOW!

#1817 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Quoted from Leeb18509:

Until recently paypal crypto price was delayed by about an hour. So during the height of that crash you could sell your crypto at last hours price, knowing what it was going to do for the next hour. When I sold there was a 20% delta between actual crypto price and what Paypal was offering. You could theoretically sell, wait an hour, and buy back in (if thats your thing) and make a guaranteed 20%.

#1818 2 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

It's still at 3k... Which is up 200%

#1819 2 years ago

Until recently paypal crypto price was delayed by about an hour. So during the height of that crash you could sell your crypto at last hours price, knowing what it was going to do for the next hour. When I sold there was a 20% delta between actual crypto price and what Paypal was offering. You could theoretically sell, wait an hour, and buy back in (if thats your thing) and make a guaranteed 20%.

I wouldn't be surprised if they claim a "malfunction", adjust the price and screw you over but I certainly hope not.

#1820 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's still at 3k... Which is up 200%

Was being sarcastic.

#1821 2 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Ug. Have been sitting on the sidelines after that crash at the beginning of May knocked down my confidence, and now watching this fun. With all of the FOMO money washing out, it feels like it's going to be a long recovery this time. I know all the old hands are just fine, kicking back, buying more, etc. but it really hurts the newbies. If it's not a market newcomers feel safe in, it makes it a tough sell with slower growth. Might be awhile before that excitement returns.[quoted image]

Lol, fucking hilarious

#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I wouldn't be surprised if they claim a "malfunction", adjust the price and screw you over but I certainly hope not.

They can try... I've already transferred the cash to my bank. It's only $250, but its the principal of the thing.

#1823 2 years ago

so my crypto is crashing and then I go water the plants and a bee decides to attack me and I completely wipe out on my new walkway tearing up my knee and damaging my walkway. What a morning!

#1824 2 years ago

They can try... I've already transferred the cash to my bank. It's only $250, but its the principal of the thing.

I know. I just thought it was cute. I lost $200 on a hand of poker last night....stupid river....

#1825 2 years ago

I didn’t have much on the sidelines but I grabbed 204 XTZ at $4.11

#1826 2 years ago

I bought some ETH for 1900 bucks this morning, I didn't have enough cash in the account to go big.

#1827 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I bought some ETH for 1900 bucks this morning, I didn't have enough cash in the account to go big.

I bought some ETH last night, so of course, it dropped like a rock.

#1828 2 years ago

who ever bought at 30k well done hopefully that was the bottom of this crash!

#1829 2 years ago

F#$# I tried to buy ADA at $1.00 every exchange was locked up... Now they are back and its at $1.60

#1830 2 years ago

noobie here looking to get in on some of this action . what is the way to get started ?

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

noobie here looking to get in on some of this action . what is the way to get started ?

Similar thing happened to my friend who tried to buy a large chunk of BTC at 30k but bank blocked his payment and by the time he sorted it, it was at 35k

#1832 2 years ago

So I managed to totally miss this dip

How stupid can one be; damn damn damn..

#1833 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:I bought some ETH for 1900 bucks this morning, I didn't have enough cash in the account to go big.

Nice score. I was Coinblocked by Coinbase.

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I had no issue with Coinbase this morning, added some BTC around 31 with a quick bank transfer

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Yeah I had to use Robin Hood, I had opened a coinbase but found out you can't trade Doge, so I opened a Robin Hood account...wow, both of those platforms suck compared to Etrade or Ameritrade and Fidelity Trader Pro.....but you can't trade crypto yet, they said it's coming soon.

#1836 2 years ago

I bought some more Ada (suprise suprise lol) at 1.30us. Not a ton, but I'm up a nice bit already.
If Ada crashes, I'll hold till next bull cycle. If Ada spikes, I'll hold till next bull cycle, but maybe take a little bit of profit.
Either way, I'm holding. If I didn't sell at $3 Canadian last week, why would I sell at $1.60 Canadian this week?

#1837 2 years ago

Came across this... if true, we will be making a very strong recovery very quickly.

E1wzpEtWEAElmnM (resized).jpegE1wzpEtWEAElmnM (resized).jpeg
#1838 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Came across this... if true, we will be making a very strong recovery very quickly.

Hmm, "anonymous insider." Sounds legit.

#1839 2 years ago

Can we get another dip please...

#1840 2 years ago

what a crazy 24 hours. luckily my bank takes a while to transfer funds and I didnt buy yesterdays dip, so I bought todays dip. But damn this dip was testing my resolve. Crazy. got more eth at 2200, ada at 1.24, matic at 1.58, and eos at 5.17.

#1841 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I bought some ETH last night, so of course, it dropped like a rock.

Yes I bought some yesterday as well which is why it went down double today! Here's the kicker I forgot I had an open buy order for $2k ETH, which I pulled to make the purchase at $3k. Would have much rather preferred the execution @ 2k considering ETH is at $2.9k now.

There's an interesting lesson in that for everyone. You've all probably seen the flash crashes, the PayPal quotes being out of date, etc.. that's because each exchange is running independently of each other, like mini markets. Flash crashes happen due to lack of liquidity on a particular exchange at a particular moment. Those anomalies are exploitable, the above example being just one way to do it, exchange arbitrage being another. Crypto is still the Wild West!

#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Can we get another dip please...

We will....trust me

#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hmm, "anonymous insider." Sounds legit.

They called the upcoming China FUD on the day. But, that was probably a lucky guess.

#1844 2 years ago

SKALE (SKL) is on Coinbase Earn if anyone wants $3 for free.

#1845 2 years ago

Are we having fun yet?

Are you not amused?

Quoted from pninja005:

So I managed to totally miss this dip
How stupid can one be; damn damn damn..

Umm... the dip is still here, Until BTC crosses 50-55k we are still in a dip.

#1846 2 years ago

I bought more MATIC, ETH and ADA!

#1847 2 years ago

Cmon ADA give me one more dip to the $1.30 range to buy.. I slept thru the first one today

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Cmon ADA give me one more dip to the $1.30 range to buy.. I slept thru the first one today

With the way the last dip that low played out, and how quickly the price bounced back, I'm doubting we see it that low again right away. But you never know. If it does dip that low, or even into the 1.40s again, I'll be buying more with you.

#1849 2 years ago

edit: double post

#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

what a crazy 24 hours. luckily my bank takes a while to transfer funds and I didnt buy yesterdays dip, so I bought todays dip. But damn this dip was testing my resolve. Crazy. got more eth at 2200, ada at 1.24, matic at 1.58, and eos at 5.17.

These are the all time high prices most of these were at 3 or 4 weeks ago, so in the big picture it's not really that much of a dip. I bet it's fast, so it's smart to see it as a buying opportunity.

There are 8,170 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.