(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,248 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 minutes ago by taylor34
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 165.
#1601 2 years ago

Hey everyone- Not sure if this is allowed here, but I just came across this post. I've been a long time holder of Cardano and run my own stake pool, ticker TYGAR. Would love it if any fellow pinsiders would consider staking with me. It's been brutally competitive out there for small pools and I'm really trying to get over the 3Million Ada mark so that we can ensure high reward ROA for our delegators. Please check us out and feel free to hit me up with any questions you have at all!

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Hey everyone- Not sure if this is allowed here, but I just came across this post. I've been a long time holder of Cardano and run my own stake pool, ticker TYGAR. Would love it if any fellow pinsiders would consider staking with me. It's been brutally competitive out there for small pools and I'm really trying to get over the 3Million Ada mark so that we can ensure high reward ROA for our delegators. Please check us out and feel free to hit me up with any questions you have at all!

I'm in a pool that's currently giving me nice returns right now, but looks like it will get oversaturated within the next month or so. When that happens and I go to move my ada, I will definitely consider your pool.

#1603 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

For those of you that sent ADA to Kraken for staking, anything I need to know about sending it? I know some crypto requires memo lines or additional information that needs to be added to the signing.
Also, how bad were the fees? Are the payouts in ADA or USD? I'm assuming ADA, but thought I'd ask.

You can send it without a memo. Pretty easy to send. I’d pitch using Yoroi for ADA staking. It’s its own wallet. you can choose the pool you belong to but the big pitch is your rewards stay delegate but you can choose when to claim them. This is nice for taxes as you only have an event when you claim them instead of every epoch getting the reward. My pool averages about 6-7%

#1604 2 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Your numbers aren’t great. Why are the costs so high and pledge so low?

20351649-7CBB-4D7B-8412-2BD07D48B475 (resized).png20351649-7CBB-4D7B-8412-2BD07D48B475 (resized).png

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I'm in a pool that's currently giving me nice returns right now, but looks like it will get oversaturated within the next month or so. When that happens and I go to move my ada, I will definitely consider your pool.

Thank you!! Very much appreciate it.

#1606 2 years ago

Cardano is currently at 1.94us. Should be fun to see if it can hit the big ol' $2 mark today, and if it can hold it if it does.

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Your numbers aren’t great. Why are the costs so high and pledge so low?
[quoted image]

Yep, that's what I'm working to correct.. Unfortunately, "costs" are misleading and poorly reflected for a small pool. The reality is our fees are super low (only .8% compared to a lot of pools at 2-3%). The reason they translate to higher costs is just a matter of our size and luck at the moment. We've gotten some really bad luck the past 6 epochs (two epochs with zero blocks awarded when were we're 'expected' to earn 2). We recently had an epoch that paid out over 7% rewards though and are looking forward to more of those soon. Need to get over the 3 Million ADA wall.

As for pledge.. I didn't realize 51K Ada is considered low.. That's almost $100K USD - if I had more, I'd increase it..

#1608 2 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Yep, that's what I'm working to correct.. Unfortunately, "costs" are misleading and poorly reflected for a small pool. The reality is our fees are super low (only .8% compared to a lot of pools at 2-3%). The reason they translate to higher costs is just a matter of our size and luck at the moment. We've gotten some really bad luck the past 6 epochs (two epochs with zero blocks awarded when were we're 'expected' to earn 2). We recently had an epoch that paid out over 7% rewards though and are looking forward to more of those soon. Need to get over the 3 Million ADA wall.

Thanks for explaining, on pledging it’s high now but as a long time holder it’s not that much in 2020 ADA.

#1609 2 years ago

I stake the few ADA I have in 60 days periods (7.79% APY locked staking) @ Binance.

No good?

#1610 2 years ago

That’s pretty good

#1611 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I stake the few ADA I have in 60 days periods (7.79% APY) @ Binance.
No good?

While the APY is very good, the answer is a bit more complicated than that and it depends on how much you want to support Cardano as a whole.. Typically leaving your crypto on the exchange is not a great thing. It gives exchanges a ton of voting power and they will be able to potentially vote in a manner that is harmful to Cardano's future very soon. Plus, your Ada is locked for 60 days which a lot of people don't like.. There's no locking period for staking locally.

If it were me, I would pull it down into a local wallet and stake it there.

#1612 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You can send it without a memo. Pretty easy to send. I’d pitch using Yoroi for ADA staking. It’s its own wallet. you can choose the pool you belong to but the big pitch is your rewards stay delegate but you can choose when to claim them. This is nice for taxes as you only have an event when you claim them instead of every epoch getting the reward. My pool averages about 6-7%

It looks like Yoroi is a local wallet that runs as a Chrome extension? It looks like it generates a 15 word mnemonic recovery phrase and then encrypts the wallet with a password chosen by the user.

From what I'm seeing, you don't have to run the computer 24/7 after creating the wallet, transferring the funds and staking? I've never staked from a local wallet before, only from an exchange.

Do you know what the ramifications are if the computer holding the wallet becomes infected? I'm concerned by this FAQ on their website;

"Losing your password does not mean that you have lost your Ada. In case you lose your spending password, you won’t be able to spend your funds but you will see the balance and transaction history in your wallet. To be able to spend your funds you will need to delete your wallet and restore it using your 15-word recovery phrase."

As long as the 15 word recovery phrase isn't stored on the local machine, then there wouldn't be an issue.

#1613 2 years ago

I felt good about today’s ADA jump, and looked at Bitcoin’s drop as a great buying opportunity; so I sold the one and bought the other. Who knows if it was a good choice but it felt like a good idea at the time.

Don’t take my advice. I still play with small enough amounts that if it all goes to zero I won’t be harmed.

#1614 2 years ago

I'm in the process of transferring some funds from one Roth to another (Two totally different providers). In one I can buy GBTC, in the original I cannot. I'm afraid the transfer is going to take too long and I'm going to miss this sale!! FOMO can suck sometimes. (I FOMO when prices are down).

#1615 2 years ago

I'm seeing all the major news networks along with some government officials jumping on the Musk bandwagon. I'm not sure how this is going to shake out. He'll probably wait a day and then shill something else like DOGE or SHIB.

#1616 2 years ago

I'm seeing all the major news networks along with some government officials jumping on the Musk bandwagon. I'm not sure how this is going to shake out. He'll probably wait a day and then shill something else like DOGE or SHIB.

Or start his own..

#1618 2 years ago

I think the environmental concern is partly an excuse. You have a bit of everything in there:

-I've been telling people it's like tulips, now a bunch of people got rich and I'm jealous -> it's bad for the environment!
-I like a centralized government and being able to toy with the currency -> it's bad for the environment!
-I like being able to control what people can or cannot buy -> it's bad for the environment!
-I think it's going to cause some major headaches with taxation -> it's bad for the environment!
-I'm concerned that it's bad for the environment -> it's bad for the environment! (If indeed Elon isn't just trolling, I'm pretty sure he's honest about that part - the politicians not so much)

#1619 2 years ago

I honestly think Elon is going to come out and say that Telsa will begin mining Bitcoin using 100% reneable energy sources. Or, something related.

Tesla is still sitting on billions in BTC...they didn't sell any.

#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I honestly think Elon is going to come out and say that Telsa will begin mining Bitcoin using 100% reneable energy sources. Or, something related.

That would make sense.

#1621 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's a big point that a lot of media isn't covering. Elon said they're not accepting bitcoin for vehicle purchases, but the key part is that it is just at this time. He quickly mentioned that they will be using it in the future. And that they are not selling any bitcoin. They see the value in it.
The media and certain people have just emphasized parts of his press release to help emphasize their own agendas, mainly using environmental concerns to paint crypto in a bad light.

That's why I happily bought the dip last night. News like this won't hold crypto back for long.

#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

And my understanding is that PoS takes more computer power to confirm transactions... Meaning, fewer nodes, meaning less decentralization, meaning less secure. With Bitcoin I can run a node on a cheap Raspberry Pi. Also, why would minors transactions fees go down in the future? My understanding is that they will only go up. Which is fine.
Bitcoin is NOT a currency. It's a reserve asset. It's a settlement layer. I feel like no one gets that.
Transaction fees are dirt cheap on secondary layers, like the lighting network. Therefore, you don't need cheap transactions on the primary settlement layer.

Considering the energy usage of a single Bitcoin transaction I'm not sure how it's possible to run on a Raspberry Pi?

Yea you're right, that's the thing most people miss: as a reserve asset, Bitcoin was never intended for microtransactions. The long term goal was always to perform only [bank-to-bank] settlements on the Bitcoin blockchain and L2 providers would provide the smaller, faster, cheaper microtransactions.

#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Considering the energy usage of a single Bitcoin transaction I'm not sure how it's possible to run on a Raspberry Pi?

He isn't talking about mining with the Pi, only running a BTC node. A node is just a copy of the entire blockchain. It has nothing to do with settling transactions only with validation.

#1625 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

They definitely sold 10% of their holdings. It was positioned as an attempt to prove Bitcoin's liquidity, and in the end added 25% to Tesla's net profits for the last quarter. So much for the car business

https://www.coindesk.com/tesla-sold-bitcoin-in-q1-for-proceeds-of-272m

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yea you're right, that's the thing most people miss: as a reserve asset, Bitcoin was never intended for microtransactions. The long term goal was always to perform only [bank-to-bank] settlements on the Bitcoin blockchain and L2 providers would provide the smaller, faster, cheaper microtransactions.

https://getumbrel.com/

#1627 2 years ago

Tesla is probably angling to release their own green crypto “Tesla coin”

#1628 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Tesla is probably angling to release their own green crypto “Tesla coin”

That's not decentralized...so who cares?

#1629 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

They definitely sold 10% of their holdings. It was positioned as an attempt to prove Bitcoin's liquidity, and in the end added 25% to Tesla's net profits for the last quarter. So much for the car business
https://www.coindesk.com/tesla-sold-bitcoin-in-q1-for-proceeds-of-272m

That was prior to his announcement...I meant after. They are still sitting on billions in BTC and he directly stated they have no plans to sell it.

#1630 2 years ago
#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm in the process of transferring some funds from one Roth to another (Two totally different providers). In one I can buy GBTC, in the original I cannot. I'm afraid the transfer is going to take too long and I'm going to miss this sale!! FOMO can suck sometimes. (I FOMO when prices are down).

So...this will likely take 10 days to process. Where does everyone think will will be in 10 days? Higher, lower, same. I'd be fine with either same or lower...but my guess is higher.

#1632 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So...this will likely take 10 days to process. Where does everyone think will will be in 10 days? Higher, lower, same. I'd be fine with either same or lower...but my guess is higher.

I'm betting higher as well.

#1633 2 years ago

Although it’s a bit of a bumpy ride right now , this piece of exposure is nice ..

So , for any Motorsport fans , Im painting Rinus’ Indianapolis 500 special helmet , with an added bit of bitcoin branding .
Will post next week when it’s out in the open

2B23351F-0AA9-4244-90ED-5086D9A468E3 (resized).png2B23351F-0AA9-4244-90ED-5086D9A468E3 (resized).png
#1634 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Although it’s a bit of a bumpy ride right now , this piece of exposure is nice ..
So , for any Motorsport fans , Im painting Rinus’ Indianapolis 500 special helmet , with an added bit of bitcoin branding .
Will post next week when it’s out in the open [quoted image]

I'll be rooting for car #21!

#1635 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'll be rooting for car #21!

Thx bud , will pass it on to him he’s got a pinside fan

#1636 2 years ago

Doge just jumped 6 cents on another Elon musk tweet

#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Doge just jumped 6 cents on another Elon musk tweet

Somebody stick a sock in him!

#1638 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Somebody stick a sock in him!

I vote for something other than a sock; but we’ll go with a sock for now.

#1639 2 years ago

Anyone else considering moving everything off Binance because of these investigations into money laundering?

#1641 2 years ago

Anyone else considering moving everything off Binance because of these investigations into money laundering?

Politicians in the USA a few years ago suggested getting rid of the $50 and $100 bill cause they claimed it’s mostly associated with criminal activity.

I didn’t get rid of mine.

#1642 2 years ago

The 500 euro bill here in Europe has been slowly taken out of use too . Same story , easy for high end criminals to carry big cash .

I still receive them at times , but once in the bank they get terminated untill none exist .
200’s will follow suit probably ..

#1643 2 years ago

Coming back to the bitcoin sponsored indy 500 car , I added a modern twist to the old skool look it’s getting ..

8256F104-4DB2-4615-9E6F-FCE72E129F5A (resized).jpeg8256F104-4DB2-4615-9E6F-FCE72E129F5A (resized).jpeg
#1645 2 years ago

Thoughts on MATIC? I have some friends into it, it's jumped 25% today.

#1646 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Thoughts on MATIC? I have some friends into it, it's jumped 25% today.

I grabbed some at $0.41. Not a ton because I was a little concerned about it being a project based in India and there was a lot of talk about crypto being banned in India. Yes, I know it's decentralized, but still.

Solid project that has incorporated a lot of the DeFi space (AAVE, Curve, Sushi Swap, Augur, etc, etc.).

#1647 2 years ago

676ED049-9105-4B6D-9D29-B2B8F92645B4 (resized).jpeg676ED049-9105-4B6D-9D29-B2B8F92645B4 (resized).jpeg

#1648 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Politicians in the USA a few years ago suggested getting rid of the $50 and $100 bill cause they claimed it’s mostly associated with criminal activity.

That makes about as much sense as changing the words for mentally challenged because people use them in derogatory manners.

#1649 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's not decentralized...so who cares?

I have a funny feeling if Elon does try for his own Tesla-branded cryptocurrency, THAT will be a big red flag that gets the regulators churning.
For everyone HODL on Bitcoin right now, I would suspect it would be in your best interests if Elon didn't proceed in that way.

#1650 2 years ago

This guy always does a good job with his analysis.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/price-analysis-5-14-btc-eth-bnb-doge-ada-xrp-dot-bch-ltc-uni

BTC/USDT

Bitcoin’s uptrend has been facing stiff resistance at the 100% Fibonacci extension level at $60,959.64. Although the bulls had pushed the price above this resistance, they could not sustain the breakout, indicating a lack of demand at higher levels.

512fb31b-5178-4293-9d71-8f4fa466e114.jpg512fb31b-5178-4293-9d71-8f4fa466e114.jpg

The BTC/USDT pair has formed a head and shoulders pattern, which will complete on a breakdown and close below the neckline. If that happens, the pair could drop toward the pattern target at $28,939, which is just above the 50-week simple moving average ($27,335).

The 20-week exponential moving average ($47,444) is flattening out and the relative strength index (RSI) has formed a negative divergence, indicating signs of weakening momentum.

This negative view will invalidate if the bulls drive the price above the $60,000 to $64,849.27 resistance zone. The pair could then rally to the 161.8% Fibonacci extension level at $80,803.39.

There are 8,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.