(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 166.
#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

That's a nice list you have there. I own a little of all of them except TRON and XMR. Crazy to look back 90 days at some of the prices.

I do love Monero.

Interesting article about IRS and Monero from 9 months ago.
Challenge is still up on Monero and Lightning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2020/09/14/irs-will-pay-up-to-625000-if-you-can-crack-monero-other-privacy-coins/amp/

#1452 2 years ago

MATIC has had a nice run on it lately. I've got some invested in it long term, but also playing with leveraged trading. Got in at the inital breakout of the flag pattern for 50% profit (13 x leverage), then got back in when it dipped back down and pulled 290% profit on the big bounce up. All small amounts of $ at the moment, but its been fun learning

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1453 2 years ago

Anybody else have any LTC? Going up!

#1454 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

$399 wow. I'm making about .17-.18 LTC a day but the difficulty is going up quite a bit.

#1455 2 years ago

I got rid of my Litecoin about 6 weeks ago unfortunetly, but luckily I used all the proceeds to buy Etherium which is my main holding so its working out..

#1456 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Bought more than 100 of them @ $59 in 2017!

#1457 2 years ago

Anyone have a good read on ADA right now. Seriously thinking of doubling my investment tomorrow. It seems primed for a step up... or a crash.

#1458 2 years ago

Man, ETH is on an absolute tear. Just broke $4K for the first time ever.

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Anyone have a good read on ADA right now. Seriously thinking of doubling my investment tomorrow. It seems primed for a step up... or a crash.

It did just have a nice jump up from the 1.30-1.40 range it was consolidating in for a while. So it might pull back a bit yet. But I’m confident that any purchasing now will look really decent in august/September when both smart contracts and the erc20 converter are fully up and running. So if your plan is to buy and hold, I don’t think it’s a terrible idea to buy now.
I just won first place in a hockey pool, and first thing I get the prize money, I’ll be using it and a bit extra to buy more ADA.

#1460 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Got in at the inital breakout of the flag pattern for 50% profit

Bull flag appears to be forming with Synthetix as well

snx (resized).pngsnx (resized).png
#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Bull flag appears to be forming with Synthetix as well[quoted image]

Nice, will keep an eye on that one!

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, ETH is on an absolute tear. Just broke $4K for the first time ever.

I’ve got a small amount of ETH and for the past week or more I’ve been looking at adding to it, thinking “it’s going to test $3k any day now “, and every time I’ve looked at it it’s jumped up another significant amount.

Seems crazy that $3k by the end of last month was optimistic, and now it’s cleared $4k less than 10 days later.

I honestly don’t know where to get in on it now.

EDIT: Or maybe it was a $4k target at the end of April.. maybe I’m going mad

#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Got in at the inital breakout of the flag pattern for 50% profit (13 x leverage),

Quoted from Baiter:

Bull flag appears to be forming with Synthetix as well

Anyone around here speak English?

Just kidding. What in the hell is a flag pattern?

As for SNX, I'm hoping it shoots up. I've been staking it on Celsius for awhile now at 13.99%. It hasn't gotten the consistent rise like the other things in my portfolio.

#1464 2 years ago

Chainlink’s not doing too shabby either!!!

#1466 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Chainlink’s not doing too shabby either!!!

That's been my home run. I'm up 1,780% on it since I purchased back at around $0.42 in 2017. If only I had bought more.

I sold some last week at $49.22 which drove down my cost per coin to -$20.29/LINK.

#1467 2 years ago

kind of shocked to learn people were still using Robinhood (for Doge!) after the whole GME thing

#1468 2 years ago

Did I miss something? What just happened? I don't see any news anywhere?

#1469 2 years ago

On Voyager I don't have to stake Ada to get the interest

Got my first interest last week

I did have issues logging in that one day , think they were doing an update

#1470 2 years ago

Did I miss something? What just happened? I don't see any news anywhere?

Come on man... you've been around long enough. Up, down, up, down, up, down. But if you zoom out far enough, it just looks like up.

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

kind of shocked to learn people were still using Robinhood (for Doge!) after the whole GME thing

And those same people are outraged when Robinhood closes sales of Doge during plummets. Of course you can still buy during those times.

Compounding that with the fact that you can’t transfer any cryptos with Robinhood so they’re really selling IOU’s.

5F9BA2B9-10B4-43BD-B23A-75D9B78C0E2E.gif5F9BA2B9-10B4-43BD-B23A-75D9B78C0E2E.gif
#1472 2 years ago

Anyone around here speak English?
Just kidding. What in the hell is a flag pattern?

Something someone made up.

Trading is a lot like golf... it's 80% mental, but if you don't have that 20% covered, people on the other side of your trades will have a leg up on you. IMO it is tough to remember all the technical chart patterns people have come up with, I keep meaning to put something like this on my wall until it gets drilled in my head. Look for the cup-and-handle pattern on a 10 year chart on GLD.

Chart-Patterns (resized).jpgChart-Patterns (resized).jpg
#1473 2 years ago

So I have some dogs (BAND & ETC). Hold them for the long term or dump them and move it to something better?

#1474 2 years ago

Also, what’s up with ICP? Should I go full Juggalo or avoid the clownshow?

AAAE19F0-CB41-45CE-AD35-B22AE2DAE51F.gifAAAE19F0-CB41-45CE-AD35-B22AE2DAE51F.gif
#1475 2 years ago

Bought more ADA today on the dip... but it might keep dipping!

#1476 2 years ago

Sold some of my ETH today at $4100. Can anyone guess what I'm doing with the proceeds?

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Sold some of my ETH today at $4100. Can anyone guess what I'm doing with the proceeds?

Dogecoin?

#1478 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Buying a watch that costs more than my car did?

#1479 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

MMMM...? Start with a M and end with a N?

#1480 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Bought more ADA today on the dip... but it might keep dipping!

I saw it hit 1.55 today, but I didn’t have any cash on the exchange and wouldn’t have gotten it on there before it shot back up so quickly. I’m still hoping that i can get another decent order put in over the next few days, so hopefully it doesn’t rise too quickly before then.

#1481 2 years ago

Now that there's funny right there.

Quoted from cooked71:

Hmmm, you lost me.

#1482 2 years ago

What's the best value 4100 pin..

ST pro?

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Maiden

#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Hmmm, you lost me.

Mandalorian? No?

#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What's the best value 4100 pin..
ST pro?

It wasn't one ETH ...it was "some" ETH.

#1486 2 years ago

Dumped my doge for shib, wish me luck lol.

Binance made me check off a questionnaire accepting I could lose all my money and the decision is all mine and no fault of binance.

#1487 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Wow, first time I see you selling sth

#1488 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Hookers & Blow?

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Something totally irresponsible like I did, I hope?

#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Come on man... you've been around long enough. Up, down, up, down, up, down. But if you zoom out far enough, it just looks like up.

Yeah, but it doesn't make it any easier when I see a 10 - 15% dip when I open the app. I appear to have been numb to the 3 - 5% drops, but the 10-15% ones still get me all worked up.

#1491 2 years ago

Good choice...but alas, no.

Something totally irresponsible like I did, I hope?

Nope... this is going to be a total letdown of a reveal... and probably somewhat predictable.

#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Wow, first time I see you selling sth

It was a first.

#1493 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Good choice...but alas, no.

Nope... this is going to be a total letdown of a reveal... and probably somewhat predictable.

Buy more on the dip?

#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Bought more BTC...

#1495 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah, but buying more BTC isn't as much fun!

Are you grabbing it now or waiting? I've been reading a good bit of people that see BTC dropping further to around $42-$45k over the short term.

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Pussy.financial

#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Bought more BTC...

Ding, ding, ding. So, sold the ETH at 4100 and was able to get a whole Bitcoin at 55100... I'm on a roll.

#1498 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Ding, ding, ding. So, sold the ETH at 4100 and was able to get a whole Bitcoin at 55100... I'm on a roll.

I have this funny feeling like you should be retired on your own island with what you have in crypto by now. Don't get me wrong, I think it's bad ass and am slightly jealous.

#1499 2 years ago

You guys please forgive me for being a complete novice here.

A guy I know told me to buy dogecoin a month ago. He told me to open a robinnood acct to do it.

I only put $500 in.

I haven't kept up on this thread . But i see the references to robinhood on the last page or so.

Do I just try to sell now and get out of robinhood?

(Thank you for any advice)

#1500 2 years ago

So the IRS just asked Kraken for data on people trading more then 20k the last 5 years. Most likely same letter went to coinbase. Might create a dip then make it more real for people.

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.