(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,249 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,249 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 165.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I think between Kucoin and Binance you would have all but a handful of micro currencies. Binance US is a bottom-of-the-barrel exchange though... if you are lucky enough to be outside the U.S. you can use the real Binance.

I'm in US, so I'd only be able to use binance US.

#1252 2 years ago

Why do you US guys don't use an VPN ?

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Most people don’t know how and because of that are hesitant.

It’s really easy to do and you boost your security too

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm a noob, so I started at Coinbank (regular) and added Kraken to get a few currencies Coinbank doesn't have. Being new, I don't have huge balances. Is there any reason you left other than exceeding the limit for BTC rewards? I was going to open the account so that I could start getting interest, but is there any reason I should not start up an account there?
I kinda hate having so many exchange accounts, but it doesn't seem like anyone carries all the currencies I'm dabbling in.

Nothing wrong with BlockFi for earning interest. They paid on time and removing my BTC was completely free. I only left because they dropped the interest rate on Bitcoin down to 2% on anything over 0.5 BTC. I might throw half a BTC back on there just to get the 6%.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I have a VPN, but have not gone that route because Binance restricts US residents from using it, actively screening for it.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Celsius is 6.20% for BTC. I'm not sure what you were getting with BlockFi.

Celsius now at 3.51% on BTC...of any amount.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I know how to use a VPN, but given that they are restricting US residents, and I need to confirm my identity, I assumed that they'd block me as soon as I uploaded a form of ID.

Plus, do I really want to be shady and caught "breaking the rules" with someone that's holding a bunch of my money?

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Celsius now at 3.51% on BTC...of any amount.

Are you sure about that? My app still shows me getting 6.20% and their website still says 6.20% on your first 2 BTC and then the 3.51% kicks in.

780F492D-622D-427A-9D8E-04B295B3BBDE (resized).jpeg780F492D-622D-427A-9D8E-04B295B3BBDE (resized).jpeg

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I think between Kucoin and Binance you would have all but a handful of micro currencies. Binance US is a bottom-of-the-barrel exchange though... if you are lucky enough to be outside the U.S. you can use the real Binance.

They seem exactly the same from the interfaces, I had Binance until they made us switch, but haven't noticed any discernable differences. What am I missing?

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I use a VPN, but they knew were were from the U.S. by our IDs and bank info and started telling us to move our accounts over in December. My old Binance account is still live, but I'd be worried if I had coins there I wouldn't be able to withdraw them at some point.

#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They seem exactly the same from the interfaces, I had Binance until they made us switch, but haven't noticed any discernable differences. What am I missing?

Binance.US is a separate company to Binance, operated by BAM trading services, but bears its name and logo. Its CEO is Catherine Coley, a former investment banker for Morgan Stanley. By comparison, Binance is run by crypto billionaire Changpeng Zhao, otherwise known as CZ.

https://decrypt.co/49838/binance-vs-binance-us-what-to-expect-for-us-users

I've heard that my experience with customer service is not unique... they simply lack either the resources or the basic processes to handle any customer service requests in a reasonable timeframe. Considering the amount of money in crypto and the many months this problem has existed at Binance.US it sounds to me more like an issue internal to the company itself, completely unrelated to Zhao's Binance.

#1262 2 years ago

Are you sure about that? My app still shows me getting 6.20% and their website still says 6.20% on your first 2 BTC and then the 3.51% kicks in.
[quoted image]

I was playing around on their site were you can estimate your payouts based on what crypto you deposit and how much you deposit. No mater how much (or little) Bitcoin I selected it kept saying 3.51%???

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I was playing around on their site were you can estimate your payouts based on what crypto you deposit and how much you deposit. No mater how much (or little) Bitcoin I selected it kept saying 3.51%???

The only BTC I have with them is the free stuff I got as a referral. But it’s showing 6.20% in my account.

2592644D-F989-48F8-AD22-0FB9A1D0B723 (resized).jpeg2592644D-F989-48F8-AD22-0FB9A1D0B723 (resized).jpeg

#1264 2 years ago

With Ethereum taking off my BTC has dipped below 70% of my crypto holdings. Earlier this year it was 80%.

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

With Ethereum taking off my BTC has dipped below 70% of my crypto holdings. Earlier this year it was 80%.

You’re a lot heavier in the BTC allocation than I am. BTC represents 23% of mine. ETH is 14%, LINK is 27% and the rest is scattered all over the place.

#1266 2 years ago

You’re a lot heavier in the BTC allocation than I am. BTC represents 23% of mine. ETH is 14%, LINK is 27% and the rest is scattered all over the place.

I'm 50% ETH, 25% BTC. It's been working a lot better than if I was heavy in BTC.

#1267 2 years ago

Anyone else mining? I've been mining eth the past 2 months at about 290 mh/s.

#1268 2 years ago

Nobody? Buy or skip?

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I'm mining RVN. The ETH DAG blew right past my 4GB cards I was using for a few years. I can't get my hands on anything else. That's a hell of a hash rate. What GPUs?

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Nobody? Buy or skip?

1 guy, a two page whitepaper with no technical details that appears to be written by a 5 year old, a very generic roadmap, no advisors and an initial supply of 1 Trillion tokens?

"Our founder guarantees with his name and public presence the safety of our investors."

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I'm just mining with my current gaming PC with a 1070 card. I'm entering newegg raffles everyday hoping yo upgrade my GPU some time soon, but nothing so far. My hash with the 1070 is around 27mh/s. Not great, but still a good way to continually add crypto to my portfolio.

I really like mining and have kicked around an ASIC, but I think I'll just let my gaming PCs run double duty for now.

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I'm 50% ETH, 25% BTC. It's been working a lot better than if I was heavy in BTC.

I'm 60% BTC, 30% ETH, 10% other. Wish I was more ETH, but I've tripled my investment in just 4 months, so I can't complain.

#1273 2 years ago

I just had to down vote you because I was trying to get out 25% about 8 hours before this last "correction". I'll remove it if you want.
It can correct again, once it goes back up to pre-correction pricing and I can get out my 25%.

And there you go, just 5 days later, crypto is at all time highs again and ETH is on fire . How you waited out the price fluctuation.

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm 60% BTC, 30% ETH, 10% other. Wish I was more ETH, but I've tripled my investment in just 4 months, so I can't complain.

ETH is going to outperform BTC in the short term...not in the long term. I'm glad I hold ETH, but I have no plans to sell any BTC to buy more. Just depends on your time horizon.

#1275 2 years ago

What's the opinion on bitcoin cash? I'm pretty evenly split between ADA, ETH, and BCH at the moment.

Very little invested. I'm looking to keep mining and diversifying from that, and also doing a recurring monthly of maybe 100.

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm just mining with my current gaming PC with a 1070 card. I'm entering newegg raffles everyday hoping yo upgrade my GPU some time soon, but nothing so far. My hash with the 1070 is around 27mh/s. Not great, but still a good way to continually add crypto to my portfolio.
I really like mining and have kicked around an ASIC, but I think I'll just let my gaming PCs run double duty for now.

Do you run your PC all day mining when you are not gaming? I have a 3090 OCed for gaming. I PC game basically every night, but I would feel wierd running the thing all damn day especially whiile Im not home. Dont want to hurt my baby(my 3090)

#1277 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Do you run your PC all day mining when you are not gaming? I have a 3090 OCed for gaming. I PC game basically every night, but I would feel wierd running the thing all damn day especially whiile Im not home. Dont want to hurt my baby(my 3090)

I had 3 RX470s I started mining ETH with early 2017. They were all jammed on the same motherboard which was screwed down to a piece of scrap MDF I had laying around. The entire miner was sitting on the concrete floor in my basement.

She ran that way until around June 2020 happily mining ETH with no issues. Once the DAG exceeded the 4GB size the cards could no longer mine ETH. So they were chucked in a box. I pulled them out in January of this year and they have been mining RVN since that time.

So for about 3.5 years they have been overclocked and undervolted happily mining crypto.

That card should make you about $300/month or so.....Just sayin’.

Found a picture. Here she is in all her glory, zip ties included. She made me a good bit of money.

778D2647-2008-41E6-BE7C-07E10AF3B0F6 (resized).jpeg778D2647-2008-41E6-BE7C-07E10AF3B0F6 (resized).jpeg

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

And there you go, just 5 days later, crypto is at all time highs again and ETH is on fire . How you waited out the price fluctuation.

I’m not at an ATH yet on anything but ETH.
I’m not sure what your holding but everything is still a good but off it’s highs for me. It’s getting close though.

I need about 10% more.

#1279 2 years ago

What's the opinion on bitcoin cash? I'm pretty evenly split between ADA, ETH, and BCH at the moment.
Very little invested. I'm looking to keep mining and diversifying from that, and also doing a recurring monthly of maybe 100.

Personally I think BCH has no long term future. It's not a smart contract or DeFi coin. It's not a great SOV, and other coins also make for superior daily use currency coins.

I like ADA and ETH.

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yeah I don't really have any issues with it. I game every night and turn off the miner, and then fire it back up when I'm done. If I can land a 3080, even at the inflated prices (newegg and such), it should pay itself off in about 200 days. I suppose there's some risk, but it helps to pay for one of my hobbies. I guess you could equate it to routing pinball, but a lot less work.

#1281 2 years ago

I'm buying a Bobcat to mine Helium, but I kinda missed the boat on that one given the backlog and upcoming halving.

I'd love to get into mining other crypto, but I don't know what I'm doing, since I just got into this stuff about a month ago. Can anyone help me, or point me to something that a 5-year old could understand that would help me get started in crypto mining?

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm buying a Bobcat to mine Helium, but I kinda missed the boat on that one given the backlog and upcoming halving.
I'd love to get into mining other crypto, but I don't know what I'm doing, since I just got into this stuff about a month ago. Can anyone help me, or point me to something that a 5-year old could understand that would help me get started in crypto mining?

The guys in this thread got me started back here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/2#post-6125353

Here's another guide I found helpful:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/lncviw/a_noobs_guide_to_mining_with_your_home_pc_from/

#1283 2 years ago

Having fun with this stuff. After 2 weeks this is where I’m at. $1500 “investment” and 20% up.
3A95FD0A-AE38-4528-94FE-1C8A79E665A9 (resized).jpeg3A95FD0A-AE38-4528-94FE-1C8A79E665A9 (resized).jpeg

Solana has been my best % gain so far. But doing well out of DOGE - keep jumping in any out of that.

#1284 2 years ago

Why’s doge climbing today? Dumb people who think Elon is on snl tonight instead of next staturday?

#1285 2 years ago

Because it is amazing and going to the moon

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

get ready for some cringe bitcoin jokes from Elon on SNL causing the markets to wobble a bit

I regret to inform you that you are going to have to think about dumbass SNL skits in regards to your portfolio next week

20210501_205330 (resized).jpg20210501_205330 (resized).jpg
#1287 2 years ago

I don’t think I’ve watched that show in over 20 years

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I don’t think I’ve watched that show in over 20 years

It’s hit and miss nowadays. There’s still some good sketches but most are just average. It will never be as good as it was in the early 90s

#1289 2 years ago

I'm mining RVN. The ETH DAG blew right past my 4GB cards I was using for a few years. I can't get my hands on anything else. That's a hell of a hash rate. What GPUs?

I got a 5700 xt, 2 2060 supers and a rtx 3090. I have another 2060 super to go live next week.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Personally I think BCH has no long term future. It's not a smart contract or DeFi coin. It's not a great SOV, and other coins also make for superior daily use currency coins.

This... and the fact that BCH has been rising because people who want Bitcoin don't understand it's not Bitcoin. There's a lot of instances where a project uses the name of a popular one in its name simply for this fact, not unlike the long time practice of parking domains like amezon.com and counting on typos to drive traffic. It should be part of everyone's smell test in the due diligence process.

#1291 2 years ago

I haven’t won a shuffle yet. I just read an article putting the chance of winning at .001%

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

This... and the fact that BCH has been rising because people who want Bitcoin don't understand it's not Bitcoin. There's a lot of instances where a project uses the name of a popular one in its name simply for this fact, not unlike the long time practice of parking domains like amezon.com and counting on typos to drive traffic. It should be part of everyone's smell test in the due diligence process.

Yep...BCH is a poser and Doge is a meme with only one possible outcome.

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I haven’t won a shuffle yet. I just read an article putting the chance of winning at .001%

Wow, well that's discouraging. Any sources you'd recommend watching to grab one of the next gen cards?

#1294 2 years ago

Yeah I don't really have any issues with it. I game every night and turn off the miner, and then fire it back up when I'm done. If I can land a 3080, even at the inflated prices (newegg and such), it should pay itself off in about 200 days. I suppose there's some risk, but it helps to pay for one of my hobbies. I guess you could equate it to routing pinball, but a lot less work.

I'm surprised you use the same desktop for mining and playing; no security risk?

I've read the topics about starting to mine and there are different possibilities; but what do you actually use on your game/mine pc? Thanks in advance!

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I got a 5700 xt, 2 2060 supers and a rtx 3090. I have another 2060 super to go live next week.

Care to share how you’re getting your hands on cards?

#1296 2 years ago

Voyager finally approved

#1297 2 years ago

Care to share how you’re getting your hands on cards?

Just gutting prebuilts.

#1298 2 years ago

What wallets do you all recommend?

#1299 2 years ago

what program are you using to mine?

#1300 2 years ago

I'm using minerstat as a frontend, but I'm using phoenixminer as the actual miner program

There are 8,249 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.