(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,244 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg
IMG_7715 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,244 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 165.
#7801 11 months ago
Quoted from robm:

Anyone on the Monkey's bandwagon?

Elon has a list on twitter called Monkeys - so someone made a meme coin about it. I'm up 4x at the moment, and quite a few in different groups i'm in are suggesting it has potential to be the next Shiba Inu coin - like 100 to 1000x.
Its all speculation and purely hinges if Elon does something with this list - but even if he tweets about something with Monkey's it will skyrocket.

Monkeys really cranking along now. Currently up around 20 x . And Elon hasn't even tweeted about his Monkey's list yet. Talk of some big names coming on board as well. https://www.dextools.io/app/en/ether/pair-explorer/0xa67ceebf094b32ff3313f9a63150c74792a1acdc

1 week later
#7803 11 months ago

it's a nice hat

2 weeks later
#7805 10 months ago

Beginning of the end….????

As you may be aware, Binance.US, alongside other companies in our industry, has become the target of aggressive tactics by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The SEC has brought unjustified civil claims against our business, from which we will continue to vigorously defend ourselves, our customers, our partners and industry.

Irrespective of the baseless claims, and in light of the Commission’s increasingly aggressive tactics, our payment and banking partners have signaled their intent to pause USD fiat channels as early as June 13, 2023, meaning our ability to accept USD fiat deposits and process USD fiat withdrawals will be impacted. As part of our customer-first commitment, we are notifying users promptly so you can take necessary actions as we transition to a crypto-only exchange. To be clear, we maintain 1 - 1 reserves for all customer assets, so customer funds are always safe, secure, and available.

Please note the following changes that will impact the platform:

ACH WITHDRAWALS: We encourage customers to withdraw their USD via bank transfer (ACH) by June 13, 2023. Due to elevated volumes and weekend bank closures, ACH withdrawals may take longer than usual to process (e.g. up to several days); we appreciate your patience.

USD DEPOSITS: To ensure a timely USD withdrawal process, we are suspending USD deposits and recurring buy orders today and beginning the transition to a crypto-only exchange. Any deposits already initiated will be processed.

USD TRADING PAIRS: Beginning next week, we will start delisting USD pairs (e.g., BTC-USD) on our platform, while continuing to support stablecoin pairs (e.g., BTC-USDT).

USD BALANCES: Any USD balances remaining on the platform after June 15, 2023 may be converted to stablecoin that can be withdrawn on-chain.

Cryptocurrency services remain fully operational, including: crypto trading, staking, deposits and withdrawals.
Until we secure more stable banking partners, Binance.US will remain a crypto-only exchange–at least for a time. We will continue to provide you with updates via our status page.

Thank you for your continued support as we fight for a path forward for those who want a thriving digital asset marketplace in America.

The Binance.US Team

#7806 10 months ago

Just for clarification Binance US is a different company than Binance.

The big market mover will be Ripple (XRP) vs SEC verdict, IMO. I’ve been trying to keep a low leverage long open as I think the judge will rule in Ripple’s favor.

#7807 10 months ago

I had about $500 worth of ETH and BTC still on Binance.US that I sold and am transferring the money to my bank account today, I wasn't going to wait around and possibly lose it.

1 week later
#7809 10 months ago

Apparently Blackrock's ETF record for approval is 575-1...that beign said if there's ever a 2nd loss this would probably be it.

#7810 10 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Apparently Blackrock's ETF record for approval is 575-1...that beign said if there's ever a 2nd loss this would probably be it.

Blackrock manages just over 8 trillion dollars. Which is 8 times the market cap of all crypto.
Rumor around Fidelity is also applying for an ETF this week.

#7811 10 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Blackrock manages just over 8 trillion dollars. Which is 8 times the market cap of all crypto.
Rumor around Fidelity is also applying for an ETF this week.

It will happen sooner or later...if it does get approved it wouldn't shock me.

Bitcoin dominance now 50%.

#7812 10 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just for clarification Binance US is a different company than Binance.
The big market mover will be Ripple (XRP) vs SEC verdict, IMO. I’ve been trying to keep a low leverage long open as I think the judge will rule in Ripple’s favor.

Any day now, and without being bias, it would be remarkable not to be a Ripple victory

#7813 10 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I could see this getting approved and Gensler taking a high level job at Blackrock after. Next step is to push Tether out and replace it with USDC which Blackrock has a major stake in.

Deutsche bank applied to be crypto custodian today.

Also today
EDX launches, a crypto exchange backed by Fidelity, Schwab, and Citadel.

#7814 10 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I had about $500 worth of ETH and BTC still on Binance.US that I sold and am transferring the money to my bank account today, I wasn't going to wait around and possibly lose it.

Yeah. Don’t do that as that is what I did for Voyager… got screwed. Did not lose it all, but recent bankruptcy payment proposal seems it’s around 36% of valuation!!!!!

Ugh… still annoys me. Gotta talk to my tax man what this means to me (if anything).

#7815 10 months ago

I’ve never used any Binance exchanges but I really think they got targeted since CZ was the one who alerted the world to FTX’s shoddy business practices.

Speaking of FTX, five of the eleven charges against Sam Bankman Fried quietly got dropped a few days ago. They were also some of the most damaging charges.

#7816 10 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’ve never used any Binance exchanges but I really think they got targeted since CZ was the one who alerted the world to FTX’s shoddy business practices.
Speaking of FTX, five of the eleven charges against Sam Bankman Fried quietly got dropped a few days ago. They were also some of the most damaging charges.

He spent a lot of money on political donations, so I'm guessing that's coming back and quietly being used as a get-out-of-jail-free card. Also, if he does do any time, it will be in a jail with more luxuries than the average person's home. I would be quite surprised if he faces any actual repercussions for his actions.

Now that Blackrock has filed for its ETF approval, we've already seen 4-5 other bitcoin ETFs get brought forward. Should be interesting to see if their get approved/disapproved soon, or if the SEC drags it out closer to the next bitcoin halving date.

#7817 10 months ago

I used Binance a bunch about 5 years ago when I was trying to day trade crypto. I think they had pretty low fees at the time, which is why I still had some crypto sitting there.

#7818 9 months ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

He spent a lot of money on political donations, so I'm guessing that's coming back and quietly being used as a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Not surprising... you can literally get away with murder if you have any connections to politicians. Worst case, as you said any time will be like a vacation.

#7819 9 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

She seems to have them all engaged. Love the hat.

What hat? Wondering this is an inside joke I'm not getting. I went to the look and could not find a woman in any kind of hat, let alone a multi-colored one.

#7820 9 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What hat? Wondering this is an inside joke I'm not getting. I went to the look and could not find a woman in any kind of hat, let alone a multi-colored one.

In the video at the top of the article. First photo that pops up next to the talking head includes a woman in a hat, I’m assuming that’s who he meant.

#7821 9 months ago

Interesting article: https://www.onceinaspecies.com/p/bitcoin-the-next-cycle-could-be-bigger?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Outake:

"Small holders are accumulating Bitcoin faster than ever. In fact, the recent spike shows that Bitcoin addresses holding <1 BTC (“Shrimp”) are currently accumulating Bitcoin 100% as fast as new coins are being mined. But accounts holding between 1-10 BTC are also accumulating 100% of the new Bitcoin being mined. And on top of that, accounts with 10-100 BTC are accumulating 75% of the new Bitcoin being mined right now.

Together, that’s 275% of all the new Bitcoin being mined. Right now, individuals are accumulating way more Bitcoin than is being created.

This has never happened before. We have reached some kind of inflection point."

#7822 9 months ago

Do you take this to mean the sales above mining are coming from 100-plus Bitcoin holders? So a diversification of Bitcoin ownership going on (and/or whales limiting their exposure)?

#7823 9 months ago

Sounds like it's mostly coming from those groups...so in that sense, yeah. He doesn't give the above 100 Bitcoin holders numbers. Although Microstrategy just purchased another 12,333 Bitcoin's (For $347 million).

1 week later
#7824 9 months ago

Quick reminder. Of the 21 million total; less than 1.6 million Bitcoin left to mine. And that won't be totally completed until the year 2140.

#7825 9 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Interesting article: https://www.onceinaspecies.com/p/bitcoin-the-next-cycle-could-be-bigger?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email
Outake:
"Small holders are accumulating Bitcoin faster than ever. In fact, the recent spike shows that Bitcoin addresses holding <1 BTC (“Shrimp”) are currently accumulating Bitcoin 100% as fast as new coins are being mined. But accounts holding between 1-10 BTC are also accumulating 100% of the new Bitcoin being mined. And on top of that, accounts with 10-100 BTC are accumulating 75% of the new Bitcoin being mined right now.
Together, that’s 275% of all the new Bitcoin being mined. Right now, individuals are accumulating way more Bitcoin than is being created.
This has never happened before. We have reached some kind of inflection point."

I have about 10% of my net worth in BTC on my Ledger. I'm betting BTC becomes the preferred store of wealth above gold and silver and certainly cash.

#7826 9 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Quick reminder. Of the 21 million total; less than 1.6 million Bitcoin left to mine. And that won't be totally completed until the year 2140.

Seems like there's plenty of time to get some then.

#7827 9 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Seems like there's plenty of time to get some then.

Really? With 92.5% already mined?

#7828 9 months ago

I've got an opportunity as part of an NFT group to access BTC,LTC and DOGE mining at what appears to be pretty good rates. At a BTC price of $28500, should have 100% ROI in 10-14 months. Post that, all profits, and if BTC rises, then a lot more. Break even price is around $10k BTC value

#7829 9 months ago
Quoted from robm:

I've got an opportunity as part of an NFT group to access BTC,LTC and DOGE mining at what appears to be pretty good rates. At a BTC price of $28500, should have 100% ROI in 10-14 months. Post that, all profits, and if BTC rises, then a lot more. Break even price is around $10k BTC value

Steady Stack?

#7830 9 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Really? With 92.5% already mined?

Seems like it. People aren't even buying it at $30k. It was $69k once. There's still some 1.6M BTC to go over the next 100 years. Seems like a lot and combine that with a lot of time. And who's to say they won't just add a 0 to increase the supply?

#7831 9 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Seems like it. People aren't even buying it at $30k. It was $69k once. There's still some 1.6M BTC to go over the next 100 years. Seems like a lot and combine that with a lot of time. And who's to say they won't just add a 0 to increase the supply?

Can’t increase the supply…
Well unless you fork it but then it won’t be Bitcoin.

#7832 9 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yea, many of those...Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc

#7833 9 months ago

The 92.5% argument is really weird...because if you're arguing for it from a 'use' perspective, that makes it seem terrible. But from a scarcity perspective, it sounds great. It's like if you said when people first came to America, 92.5% of the land has been claimed already...well sure, that last 7.5% is going to be pretty scarce, but the fact that one dude out of 300 million own all of texas isn't a great case for it being put to a good 'use' and seems even more inequitable than stuff is today.

#7834 9 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Doesn't change the fact they can't even sell the 19.4M Bitcoin already in existence. Beanie babies and tulips.

#7835 9 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Last 24 hour trading volume was 14.6 billion.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

#7836 9 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Last 24 hour trading volume was 14.6 billion.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

So 500k pieces? Pfft. Not like everyone is buying and hoarding it. You can't even hold it in your hands!

#7837 9 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Doesn't change the fact they can't even sell the 19.4M Bitcoin already in existence. Beanie babies and tulips.

Are you implying there's no liquidity for Bitcoin?

#7838 9 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

So 500k pieces? Pfft. Not like everyone is buying and hoarding it. You can't even hold it in your hands!

Ah, one of these guys, there's always the rando old dude that enters this thread every couple months to tell us how he understands it all better than the rest of us. You can't even hold it in your hands, how can it be worth anything!

#7839 9 months ago

Yep, correct. I dunno if i've got enough liquid cash to dump in my full allocation right now, but keen to try some. To me, BTC price is primed to break up strong quite soon (within next month or two).

#7840 9 months ago

I BTC is in my Ledger and I can put it in my hand and take it anywhere with me. Equivalent silver of the same value weighs over 500 lbs and takes up 1/2 the space of a pinball machine.

#7841 9 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Ah, one of these guys, there's always the rando old dude that enters this thread every couple months to tell us how he understands it all better than the rest of us. You can't even hold it in your hands, how can it be worth anything!

I know who started it. And it ain't some fucking Japanese guy in a cave. I know the guy. And when that comes out, Bitcoin is going to ZERO!

I think we'll be in the $30-35k range through the halving. Maybe a pop to $40k at some point and then correction.

After the halving...Up, up, and atom!

#7842 9 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I know the guy.

Who is he? What’s the point of secrecy if you think it’s all crap?

#7843 9 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Who is he? What’s the point of secrecy if you think it’s all crap?

I take it you aren't familiar with Dan Pena.

#7844 9 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I take it you aren't familiar with Dan Pena.

Do you mean, Dan Crackpipe Pena?

#7845 9 months ago

He met Craig Wright lol

#7846 9 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

He met Craig Wright lol

I promise you, BSV is the real Bitcoin. Don't pay any attention to the hashrate. Smoke and mirrors on a dinosaur tech.

Good money shouldn't be slow and boring. It needs pizzazz!

#7847 9 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I promise you, BSV is the real Bitcoin. Don't pay any attention to the hashrate. Smoke and mirrors on a dinosaur tech.
Good money shouldn't be slow and boring. It needs pizzazz!

LOL!

Thanks for stopping by...and the comedy.

#7848 9 months ago

20230712_194426 (resized).jpg20230712_194426 (resized).jpg

#7849 9 months ago

What's the crow? Please tell me the coin is actually called The Crow.

There are 8,244 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.